PDA

View Full Version : The Stage Will Be Set

SOXPHILE
09-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Well, I was hoping that the White Sox would be the first team to clinch their respective division, but alas, that's not going to happen. However, the next best thing may happen this weekend. The Cardinals magic # is 2 right now, and they play this afternoon (Wednesday). This makes me happy because, aside from the fact that they are my 2nd favorite team after the Sox, it is quite possible that they will clinch the N.L. Central this weekend....AT WRIGLEY. How hilarious would that be ? They beat the Cubs on a beautiful sunny day at beautiful Wrigley Field, wrapping up the division and having a subdued little celebration on the field, while the blue lemmings sit there in stunned silence. Heh heh. Of course, most of them wouldn't really understand what was going on, because they weren't really paying attention to the game, or the standings, or they think the Cubs are really in first place.

chitownhawkfan
09-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Unless they clinch it before the end of the eighth the lemmings will already be heading over to Murphy's or the Cubby Bear. "Dude, lets get out of hear, I couldnt get an Old Style"

Baby Fisk
09-14-2005, 01:44 PM
http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper420/stills/s9ebxks4.jpg

"Wild Card! Wild Card! Wild Card!"

SOXPHILE
09-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Baby Fisk, our hero from The Adventures of Wrigleyville Frat Boy would be extremely confused. "But...but...I thought the Cubs were already in the playoffs ??!!" (By the way, what's that guy to the left in the red sweatshirt doing in that picture ?:o: )

Baby Fisk
09-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Baby Fisk, our hero from The Adventures of Wrigleyville Frat Boy would be extremely confused. "But...but...I thought the Cubs were already in the playoffs ??!!" (By the way, what's that guy to the left in the red sweatshirt doing in that picture ?:o: )
Wrigleyville Frat Boy was supposedly attending his first class of the year today and unavailable for comment, but a basic google image search came up with his brothers here. As for red sweatshirt guy, I don't want to speculate on what he thinks about when he touches himself. :cower:

cheeses_h_rice
09-14-2005, 02:29 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2005-05/17647830.jpg

Dude! Didn't I tell you how AWESOME this Cubbie team is?? I mean, they're .500 right now, which is just SICK! Remember how everyone went nuts when Ted Williams hit just .400 in one season? We're kicking TED WILLIAMS' ASS. I know Derrek Lee's hitting .400 himself, so I'm guessing A-Ram must be up there near .600! I tell ya, brother, this team is just so freaking awesome...I didn't think they could top 2003, bro', but here we are!!

Baby Fisk
09-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Looks like he ditched class today after all... :cool:

DSpivack
09-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Well, if Fox prevents the Sox from being on TV saturday, the Cards clinching at the Urinal would be the next best thing.