PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Parking Lot for late-comers?

Shafe72
09-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Hi everyone,

I tried searching this forum and others for a recommended parking lot for people arriving late (i.e. right around 7:00 pm for a 7:05 start) to Sox games. My cousin is flying in to Midway next Friday and my brother plans to pick him up and head straight to the park, arriving right around game time. I'll be taking the L, as I usually do, and am wondering if anyone can recommend which lot might be the best to park in for this situation.

Thanks and Go Sox,

Shafe

mandmandm
09-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Cobblestone on Pershing and Normal

Easy in, easy out.

$10 to park and they give you $10 in food and drink coupons.

http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/26437,0,425618.venue

ssirish317
09-14-2005, 12:58 PM
If lots B and C are full or closed (the two lots across 35th, north of the park) your best bet would be to park in lot G. It is on 35th west of the park, just past the tracks on the north side of the street. You turn onto the first sidestreet after going under the bridge (there is a hot dog joint right on that corner) to get into that lot. I don't think I've ever seen it filled, other than for a Sox-Cubs game.
PS if you ever get to a game early to tailgate, Lot G is only $8 to park until 1 1/2 hours before game time. After that it's the regular $17 charge.

JeffIsTHEMAN
09-14-2005, 01:49 PM
iit?

Ol' No. 2
09-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Unless it's nearly a full house you won't have any problem. I've arrived at 7pm lots of times and gotten into the B lot. Once we got bumped into the C lot.

getonbckthr
09-14-2005, 02:21 PM
on the other side of the dan ryan there is a lot at a high school i park at, i believe its DELASALLE. plus they include a shuttle to the stadium so u dont waste time walking.

JeffIsTHEMAN
09-14-2005, 02:36 PM
on the other side of the dan ryan there is a lot at a high school i park at, i believe its DELASALLE. plus they include a shuttle to the stadium so u dont waste time walking.

Yeah its De La Salle.

DumpJerry
09-14-2005, 03:15 PM
If lots B and C are full or closed (the two lots across 35th, north of the park) your best bet would be to park in lot G. It is on 35th west of the park, just past the tracks on the north side of the street. You turn onto the first sidestreet after going under the bridge (there is a hot dog joint right on that corner) to get into that lot. I don't think I've ever seen it filled, other than for a Sox-Cubs game.
PS if you ever get to a game early to tailgate, Lot G is only $8 to park until 1 1/2 hours before game time. After that it's the regular $17 charge.
Someone correct me if I am wrong (and I know someone will), but do they not allow tailgating in Lot G?

Shafe72
09-14-2005, 03:59 PM
All the suggestions are greatly appreciated. My family used to park at DeLaSalle when I went to games as a kid, so I'm clueless about the other lots.

I'm flying in from Boston for the game and for my Dad's 60th birthday (he grew up a New York Giants fan, and then embraced the Sox when he moved to Chicago in '77).

Thanks again and Go Sox!

Shafe

Sox record at the Cell in '05 with me in attendance: 1-0 (6/4 vs. Cle)

(White) Sox record at Fenway in '05with me in attendance: 1-1 (8/12, 9/5-huge Labor Day win!)