PDA

View Full Version : *Official* I Got It! You Got It! 9/14/05 Postgame Thread

BeviBall!
09-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Good battling after a half-day rain delay.

Revenge against Wood? Check!
Revenge against Howell? Tomorrow!

DumpJerry
09-14-2005, 12:35 AM

PicktoCLick72
Worth staying up for. Let's get them later today

chitownhawkfan
Way to go Jose

CHISOXFAN13
09-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Sox maintain the lead against the Toons and gain a game over the BoSox for homefield advantage.

13!!

SoxSpeed22
09-14-2005, 12:36 AM
A whole lot of poop happened that we could've done without, but we won and that's what matters.

Nellie_Fox
09-14-2005, 12:37 AM
KC announcers name Rowand "player of the game."

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-14-2005, 12:37 AM
Now the fans are the living dead, that was one long game! Time to do homework(why didnt I do this during the rain delay? That softball 360 rerun is just too hard to pass up!) and go to sleep. :smile:

Nellie_Fox
09-14-2005, 12:38 AM
How can this thread be the official one without the asterisks around official?

BeviBall!
09-14-2005, 12:38 AM
I loved the insurance run Pods gave us... didn't like him getting thrown out though. Good to see the Sox make a team pay for their errors... and good to see the 2-out hitting come back a bit.

We have Crede for his defense, right? Joe... c'mon buddy. Get that throwing thing down.

CaptainBallz
09-14-2005, 12:39 AM
Not a spectacular showing for Jose, but that's five in a row!

Way to go Aaron, Jenks, and the Royals' outfield.

Magic #13!:gulp:

SOXfnNlansing
what I really like about Jenks is he consistantly throws strikes. Sure he walked the lead off hitter, but he's deadly:bandance: (glad we have him)....... AROW getting it done with the bat:bandance:

MarySwiss
You people are insane! Don't you know what time it is? :cool:

DSpivack
09-14-2005, 12:40 AM
The Serfs? Nice.

ilsox7
what I really like about Jenks is he consistantly throws strikes. Sure he walked the lead off hitter, but he's deadly:bandance: (glad we have him)....... AROW getting it done with the bat:bandance:

The biggest thing about Jenks (pun intended) is that he will mostl ikely be our closer of the future and come at a very cheap place. That is money we can use towards our starters or some offense. Great find by KW.

mdep524
Nice win. The outcome was good, Contreras looked good and the 2-out hitting was good.. but the most important thing to me BY FAR was....

Aaron Rowand!!!!

The Sox are going to need Aaron big time in the playoffs. He was hitting the ball very SOLID tonight, and it was great to see. Hopefully its the spark that gets him hot for the rest of the season. Here's to you Aaron! :gulp:

elrod
Good to see Rowand swinging a hot bat again. Jermaine seems to be coming around too. And even Crazy Carl got a hit.

CanBuehrleWait
09-14-2005, 12:41 AM
Keep that number a tumblin down..... :cool::gulp:

elrod
09-14-2005, 12:42 AM

SouthSide_HitMen
09-14-2005, 12:45 AM
The biggest thing about Jenks (pun intended) is that he will mostl ikely be our closer of the future and come at a very cheap place. That is money we can use towards our starters or some offense. Great find by KW.

He has had some major arm issues in the past. Hopefully he can stay healthy from now on. Sox win - Yeah Baby, Yeah!

The Dude
09-14-2005, 12:47 AM
Nice win! Great job by Rowandand Jose.
Lets hope we dont have to rely on errors to pull it off tomorrow!:cool:

Frankfan4life
09-14-2005, 12:59 AM
How sweet it is! Rowand was a hitting machine. It was good to see everybody hitting (well, almost everybody). I hope the bats come alive again tomorrow and that Freddy is on his game. This game was well worth the wait. I'll sleep good tonight.

Stroker Ace
09-14-2005, 12:59 AM
SOX WIN!!! YESSSSS!!!!!

Lip Man 1
09-14-2005, 01:01 AM
God how I hate six hour friggin' games! They won though so my stomach will put up with it. :smile:

Another game off the schedule, another day closer to October.

Lip

Frankfan4life
09-14-2005, 01:05 AM
We've got two postgame threads. I'm still up so why not do both of them? :smile:

Let's go, go, White Sox and get another win, today.

chisoxmike
09-14-2005, 01:06 AM
Good win for the team today. Getting those 2-out RBIs are huge! Kept pace, and brought that magic number down!

:supernana: :supernana:

MUsoxfan
09-14-2005, 01:13 AM
We have Crede for his defense, right? Joe... c'mon buddy. Get that throwing thing down.

I tend to agree. If he keeps up this substandard defense, I don't think there's a need for him on the playoff roster. Blum can handle 3B and hit as well as Crede IMO

TaylorStSox
09-14-2005, 01:35 AM
I tend to agree. If he keeps up this substandard defense, I don't think there's a need for him on the playoff roster. Blum can handle 3B and hit as well as Crede IMO

:?: 1 error. It was a real bad play, but come on. lol

MUsoxfan
09-14-2005, 01:55 AM
:?: 1 error. It was a real bad play, but come on. lol

1 error and another play that should have been made. He's not around for his bat:cool:

Mohoney
09-14-2005, 02:22 AM
Contreras is the stopper yet again. The bottom of the order makes some great contributions. Jenks buckles down after the throwing error, and gets a 2 inning save. Great team effort today.

I know that people might be a little down from that Angels series, and I'm not trying to make excuses when I say this, but there were some extenuating circumstances that it would be unfair to ignore. That series was at the end of a brutal stretch of 21 games in 20 days that had a one-day make up game break up a homestand AND a doubleheader played in August heat in Texas. The Marte situation comes up. To top it all off, we lose that hard-fought, 12 inning game Friday.

We get a day off, and the 2 out clutch hits come back. Uribe and Contreras continue their great play of late. On a day where Paulie goes 0 for 5 in his 1st day in the #3 spot and Carl goes 1 for 5 in his 1st day in the #4 spot, we still manage 6 runs because of everybody at the bottom of the order contributing in some way.

Plus, Cleveland gets 8 great innings from Millwood, they get a good win against a good team in a big game for them, and they gain NOTHING on us.

A great way to start this 20 game run. 13 and counting.

cbone
09-14-2005, 04:21 AM
I half expected the game to still be going on when I got up for work!

Keep that clock ticking, one game closer and get we get em today and tomorrow!

hose
09-14-2005, 05:00 AM
A delayed yes:bandance::bandance::bandance:

Irishsoxfan
09-14-2005, 07:47 AM
I half expected the game to still be going on when I got up for work!

Keep that clock ticking, one game closer and get we get em today and tomorrow!

Rain delays are my best friend, I got up for work at 5.30am and as usual checked the score only to see Cliff Politte ending the seventh. Most enjoyable breakfast I've had all week looking at the remainder of the game.

FielderJones
09-14-2005, 08:28 AM
1 error and another play that should have been made. He's not around for his bat:cool:

I guess under the shoota system that's another error. Next you'll be telling us his hit and his run don't count. Be sure to not cut the guy any slack after a two week layoff. :rolleyes:

voodoochile
09-14-2005, 08:37 AM
:winner:

:supernana:

Oh man, had to go to bed, but thankfully they held on. Now at least I don't have to go to work, merely live through a whole lot of dark clouds. Seems to be the motto of my life recently...:tongue:

infohawk
09-14-2005, 08:42 AM
That win feels really, really good. I didn't get to watch much of the game last night. I had a really bad feeling though, especially with the rain delays, a pitcher who seemed to baffle the Sox, Scotty being stranded on third after the leadoff triple :whiner: and Berroa (sp?) striking out but still reaching on the wild pitch/passed ball. It was at that point that I had to go do some other things, but I was very happy when I managed to get a chance to turn the game back on with the Sox leading in the 8th. I turned the game on in time to see Crede's double and Scotty's hit to drive him in. Great win! Come on guys, let's get at least nine more!!!

cheeses_h_rice
09-14-2005, 09:03 AM
Glad I stayed up to watch the entire thing though I am paying for it this morning; when Jose threw another "wild pitch" (could have been a passed ball -- AJ's not a very good catcher) I logged off chat to concentrate on other stuff, but kept the game on.

Kudos to Aaron and the other sluggers for the clutch 2-out hitting, including Jermaine. Bacardi and Cola strike again.

Kansas City's defense was absolutely BRUTAL last night. I've never seen a play where 2 outfielders let a can of corn just drop between them as they start trotting toward their dugout.

6 games ahead is a lot better than 5. HUGE win.

Ol' No. 2
09-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Two errors. Jose looked shaky in the 6th. Bad baserunning by Podsednik. We're doomed.

WE'RE DOOMED!!!

:darkclouds:

mjharrison72
09-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Hey... we'll take it.
Single-digits, here we come!

DaveIsHere
09-14-2005, 09:49 AM
I believe you can all thank me for the win, as i decided just to turn over and go to sleep in the 3rd inning....worked like a charm:D:

skobabe8
09-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Good win and entertaining crowd. I think by the time the game started everyone there was wasted.

Brian26
09-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Oh man, had to go to bed, but thankfully they held on.

Games like this take me back to being a kid and listening with a transistor radio in bed late into the night. I listened with my walkman last night and fell asleep sometime around 12:45 during Dolgin's post-game show. Big win!

maurice
09-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Crede was assigned an E on the sac bunt that he threw away. I'm not using the Shoota method here, but the routine 5-3 grounder that hit him right in the chest should have been scored an error also (no matter what lame excuses Hawk can come up with). I suspect that Crede would agree. It just wasn't his day.

It's great to see 3.1 shutout IP from the pen + some nice multi-hit performances:
Podsednik 3-5, 3B, .291.
Rowand 4-4, 3 2B, BB, SB, .281.
Uribe 2-4, 2 2B, .264.

Keep it up, gentlemen. We're gonna need all the offense we can get.

It also was great to see and hear all the Sox fans in the crowd . . . in the late night hours . . . on the road . . . after a rain delay.

voodoochile
09-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Crede was assigned an E on the sac bunt that he threw away. I'm not using the Shoota method here, but the routine 5-3 grounder that hit him right in the chest should have been scored an error also (no matter what lame excuses Hawk can come up with). I suspect that Crede would agree. It just wasn't his day.

It's great to see 3.1 shutout IP from the pen + some nice multi-hit performances:
Podsednik 3-5, 3B, .291.
Rowand 4-4, 3 2B, BB, SB, .281.
Uribe 2-4, 2 2B, .264.

Keep it up, gentlemen. We're gonna need all the offense we can get.

It also was great to see and hear all the Sox fans in the crowd . . . in the late night hours . . . on the road . . . after a rain delay.

That second one was smoked. It was a classic example of why they call it the hot corner. Lots of top spin and it bounced off his shoulder. Wicked hop.

maurice
09-14-2005, 04:20 PM
The ball was hit fairly hard but into the ground and right to him. The hop was relatively difficult because it was a "late hop," not (as Hawk implied) because the field was bad. It was a routine play for a MLB 3B and a play that Crede makes easily 99 times out of 100.