PDA

View Full Version : Bonds looks terrible

Yorke97
09-14-2005, 12:30 AM
I was watching MLB.TV ( if anybody's wondering, it is very good for fans in out of market areas) and Bonds looks like he's hobbling just to get back to the dugout at the end of each inning. Not to mention he's chasing balls at the plate that are BAD. It's terrible to think how bad a pawn he is to the Giants organization, that they put him out there at less than 100% in order to get more ticket sales for next season.

TheOldRoman
09-14-2005, 12:33 AM
That's not why they are putting him out there.
They are putting him out there because, despite being 12 games under .500, they are still only 6 games back with 6 remaining (including tonight) against a really bad first place team.

MUsoxfan
09-14-2005, 02:08 AM
They are putting him out there because, despite being 12 games under .500, they are still only 6 games back with 6 remaining (including tonight) against a really bad first place team.

I agree. I think Bonds was pressured to come back. IMO if he really wanted to play he would have been back soon after the AS game

HotelWhiteSox
09-14-2005, 02:21 AM

Make it 5

Stroker Ace
09-14-2005, 02:21 AM
I think he had to wait to get the steroids out of his system.:D:

tifosiv122
09-14-2005, 02:22 AM
I liked yesterday's headlines. Bonds almost hits a homer.

Almost, ***, now we count almost homers. A ground-rule double is still a ground-rule double, not an almost homer.

Erik

OEO Magglio
09-14-2005, 02:28 AM
Bonds looked a lot like, well....Bonds today. 1 for 2 with 2 walks.

D. TODD
09-14-2005, 09:59 AM
He has hit the ball HARD!!! He is far from 100%, but his swing is still lethal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bonds was still subject to steroid testing while on the D.L.. The knee problem he had is very similar to the problem that effectively ended Dale Murphy's career, so there is no guarantee he will ever fully recover, and the Giants need to make any last minute run at the Padres.

D. TODD
09-14-2005, 10:03 AM

Almost, ***, now we count almost homers. A ground-rule double is still a ground-rule double, not an almost homer.

ErikWell it was a questionable, but correct call of fan interference. Not a typical ground rule double. The fan reached below the wall, but it initially appeared that he went yard.

hose
09-14-2005, 06:10 PM
I haven't seen it done at a game lately but they use to pan the crowd with the fan cam on the Jumbo tron and then Hawk would say "stretch"

If they did this with Barry Bond's head it would bring the roof down!!!

DaleJRFan
09-14-2005, 06:18 PM

Erik

:welcome:

Good call, Erik. Good call.

RadioheadRocks
09-14-2005, 10:46 PM

Erik

Horseshoes and hand-grenades, that's what I've always believed!!!