PDA

View Full Version : Potential Times for ALDS

gosox83
09-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Thinking back to 2000, I remember the Sox having to play day games for the ALDS. I was at Game 2.

This year we play much better in day games than we did in 2000. However, I love going to playoff night games, and the crowd seems more "electric"

Can anyone speculate what time our games will be for the ALDS?

I assume if we play the Yankees the first round it will be at night?

Do you agree?

What are the possiblilities?

October 4th is when they are scheduled to start and that is a Tuesday.

WHITE SOX, WHITE SOX,,GO GO WHITE SOX.....LETS GO GO GO WHITE SOX WERE WITH YOU ALL THE WAY.......... :bandance:

MUsoxfan
09-13-2005, 12:51 PM
I'm pretty sure most games are night games. Nighttime=ratings. Since we're not the Yankees, Red Sox or Cubs we might be relagated to a couple day games

Tekijawa
09-13-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm pretty sure most games are night games. Nighttime=ratings. Since we're not the Yankees, Red Sox or Cubs we might be relagated to a couple day games

Who in the NL would deserve the "Prime time" spot ahead of us though?

Ol' No. 2
09-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Who in the NL would deserve the "Prime time" spot ahead of us though?The Cubs, of course. Haven't you heard they've got the WC all but sewn up?

Sad
09-13-2005, 01:21 PM
The Cubs, of course. Haven't you heard they've got the WC all but sewn up?

I know that's in teal and this is :offtopic: , but the Cubs couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a banjo...
win 8 of 10 on the road, then come home and lose (again) to the lowly Reds :nuts:

Mots09
09-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Although we might be the top team in the AL I have a feeling we will have a day game on oct 5th and a night game on oct 6th. I doubt we will get slotted the same time for both games.

downstairs
09-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Who in the NL would deserve the "Prime time" spot ahead of us though?

St. Louis has a fairly large fanbase last time I checked :cool: .

Seriously, I think they split it AL/NL anyway... one AL team gets nights, one NL team gets nights.

I think its foolish, and not only because I root for the Sox and hate the Yankees.

They should alternate games as well... Yanks game 1 at night, Sox game 2 at night, etc...

Sad
09-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Although we might be the top team in the AL I have a feeling we will have a day game on oct 5th and a night game on oct 6th. I doubt we will get slotted the same time for both games.

IIRC in past years there were three division series games for the opening Tuesday (a 1PM, 4PM and 8PM EST?) Game 2 of two of these team's series would be played the next day, however, one would not resume until Thursday...

The fourth DS series would play game 1 Wednesday then again Thursday.

The idea of staggering here resulting in televised baseball every day with no overlap of games.

Sound right? :?:

ChiSoxRowand
09-13-2005, 02:02 PM
For games 1 and 2 we will either play at 1, 3, or 7.

sas1974
09-13-2005, 02:10 PM
I could be wrong, but if the Yanks get in it'll be as the WC and we'll be playing them in the first round.

Sad
09-13-2005, 02:13 PM
I could be wrong, but if the Yanks get in it'll be as the WC and we'll be playing them in the first round.

well that'd be a guarantee of "prime time" TV...

my5thbench
09-13-2005, 02:14 PM
I think it will be all about TV ratings....if we play the Yanks or Bosox it

will be in primetime, if it's the A's or Haloes it will be during the day & the

so called big teams will be in prime time, we can't play the Tribe in the

1st round

cheeses_h_rice
09-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Likely scenarios:

Division winners: Angels, Sox, BoSox
WC: Indians or A's

Sox vs. Angels
BoSox vs. Indians or A's <====== would get top billing

__

Division winners: Angels, Sox, BoSox
WC: Yankess

Sox vs. Yankees <===== top billing
BoSox vs. Angels

__

Division winners: A's, Sox, BoSox
WC: Angels

Sox vs. Angels
BoSox vs. A's <====== top billing

At least that's the way I see it. The Yankees would command top billing in the ALDS, then Boston, then either the White Sox or Angels. A's or the Indians would be last priority, based on their respective markets/fanbases.

Tekijawa
09-13-2005, 02:20 PM
I always thought it was one AL game and NL game each day? So why would it matter what AL team would get top billing?

cheeses_h_rice
09-13-2005, 02:24 PM
I always thought it was one AL game and NL game each day? So why would it matter what AL team would get top billing?

Some days there are 2 games from one league.

In 2000, I remember the Sox playing the Mariners during the day, while the Yankees/A's series got night games on October 3 and 4. I believe that this situation was the same on the Saturday (10/6) game.

Ol' No. 2
09-13-2005, 02:26 PM
I always thought it was one AL game and NL game each day? So why would it matter what AL team would get top billing?Nope. Sad's got it right. Three games on each day. With only two games each day each pairing would be playing every other day and it would take a week to get through the first 5-game series.

getonbckthr
09-13-2005, 02:32 PM
why is everyone assuming the sox are gonna be the 1 seed. they only lead the red sox by 3.5 gms. and why does everyone assume that boston is gonna be the 2 seed they lead anaheim by 3 gms. personally im cheering for anaheim cause i would rather play boston than anaheim.

Fenway
09-13-2005, 02:48 PM
from the Boston Herald

Were the season to end today Sox would have home-field advantage against the Cleveland Indians in the Division Series. Games 1, 2 and 5 would be at Fenway on Oct. 4, 5 and 9, with the middle two at Jacobs Field on Oct. 7 and 8. If the Yankees overtake the Indians, the Sox would host the AL West winner in Games 1, 2 and 5.

The highest remaining seed would host Games 1, 2, 6 and 7 of the ALCS on Oct. 11, 12, 18 and 19. The lower seed will host the middle three games Oct. 14-16.

What Fox decides to do will be based in part by market size and a teams national following...since Boston has been told they WILL play on the 4th they well might get the prime slot if the Yankees are out. Another factor is what FOX can charge for local ads in the teams markets.

Worst thing about the ALDS, if you are lucky enough to miss McCarver, you could get Chris Berman doing the games :?:

SOXPHILE
09-13-2005, 03:27 PM
from the Boston Herald

Worst thing about the ALDS, if you are lucky enough to miss McCarver, you could get Chris Berman doing the games :?:

What's wrong with that ? That's a win/win situation. The only thing that would make it better is if we had Stuart "BooYaa !" Scott with them doing color commentary , and John Kruk and Jeff Brantley with in studio analysis.

Lip Man 1
09-13-2005, 03:30 PM
The Yankees and or Red Sox will get all prime time games. The Cardinals will get the 'left over' prime time games.

Teams with little national following like the Angels and White Sox get the scraps. That's just the way it is right now until the Sox win something and change opinions.

But look on the bright side...don't the Sox have the best record in day games?

Lip