PDA

View Full Version : "Pudge" can't stop whining...

mccoydp
09-13-2005, 12:05 PM
This story was too good not to post for all of you fine WSIers:

http://www.detnews.com/2005/tigers/0509/12/D04-311463.htm

Seems like "The player they mistakenly call Pudge" can't stand playing for the first-place Detroit Tigers because they're not up to his standards.

Classic!

Baby Fisk
09-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Tiger fans seem to be giving Rodriguez the benefit of the doubt, and are less favourable towards the writer of the article. Linky (http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31394)

They also weigh the merits of trading Farnsworth to the Braves here. (http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31397) An amusing read.

dcb33
09-13-2005, 12:33 PM
:violin:Oh "Pudge", the terrible things some of us must put up with for money!

If he's so interested in winning, why didn't he accept the Cubs contract offer for less money last year? I've heard they're back in the race and a legit threat to make the postseason!

Unregistered
09-13-2005, 12:34 PM
The only Pudge I know has a statue inside the Cell.

mccoydp
09-13-2005, 12:35 PM

Amen.

LongLiveFisk
09-13-2005, 12:36 PM
:pudge
Is someone calling me a whiner?

:tongue:

Sox Blue 69-70
09-13-2005, 12:43 PM
Good read, thanks. Looks like he (I refuse to use Fisk's moniker on this clown) is trying to talk his way out of Detroit. Sure, fella, everybody "likes" to win, but what did you think you were getting yourself into, joining a club that had lost 119 games the prior season?

LongLiveFisk
09-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Seems like "The player they mistakenly call Pudge" can't stand playing for the first-place Detroit Tigers because they're not up to his standards.

Classic!

I heard that Magglio Ordonez feels the same way. Not sure if it's true or not though.

MUsoxfan
09-13-2005, 01:37 PM
I heard that Magglio Ordonez feels the same way. Not sure if it's true or not though.

I'm sure he feels the exact same way, but as Ozzie said "Tell him to shut his mouth and have fun playing for the Detroit Tigers."

StillMissOzzie
09-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Probably had a better chance of playing with a winner if he had stayed with the Marlins, but I guess their offer wasn't enough. And as several others have already pointed out, how much impact did he seriously expect to have on a team that lost 119 games last year?

If only the Yankmees had a few extra roster spots for all the crybabies that expect top dollar AND expect to play for a winner every year! (as if that's a guarantee either)

Smudge, Maggs - cry me a river all the way to the bank.

SMO
:whiner:

veeter
09-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Good read, thanks. Looks like he (I refuse to use Fisk's moniker on this clown) is trying to talk his way out of Detroit. Sure, fella, everybody "likes" to win, but what did you think you were getting yourself into, joining a club that had lost 119 games the prior season? Exactly. The stupid Tigers spent a ton of money, yes, but not on starting pitching. I'm sick of hearing how they're on the way up. I'm glad he's suffering.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-13-2005, 10:10 PM

Nicely said.

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-13-2005, 10:40 PM
I'm glad he's suffering.
Totally agree. Ivan Rodriguez is coming out like an idiot with these statements. He had the chance of re-signing with the Marlins, who won the World Series with him, yet he decided to flee to the Tigers, a team that went 43-119 games in 2003, simply because they were the only team foolish enough to pay him all of that cash. I hope he has to play out that entire contract rotting away in Detroit.

Chips
09-13-2005, 11:51 PM
Totally agree. Ivan Rodriguez is coming out like an idiot with these statements. He had the chance of re-signing with the Marlins, who won the World Series with him, yet he decided to flee to the Tigers, a team that went 43-119 games in 2003, simply because they were the only team foolish enough to pay him all of that cash. I hope he has to play out that entire contract rotting away in Detroit.

If I recall, wasn't his contract for four years but only two of those four years were guaranteed, and the Kittens can not pay him the last two or something?

StillMissOzzie
09-14-2005, 02:08 AM
If I recall, wasn't his contract for four years but only two of those four years were guaranteed, and the Kittens can not pay him the last two or something?

IIRC, the contract was hedged this way because of Smudge's chronic back problems. If he were unable to play some # of games in the 1st two years, the last two years would get voided. I don't think that the provision has kicked in, so the Tiggers may be on the hook.

SMO
:gulp: