PDA

View Full Version : Santana blister?

hawkjt
09-13-2005, 10:30 AM
pushes his start to Friday so now we face him twice in 8 days ! Drat. I know we can beat him but I like our chances better facing anyone else. Seems like lately we have always faced the opposing teams best pitchers(angels e. Santana gets rocked last nite by Seattle).

I want to cling to hope that we can clinch at home next week but we are going to have to beat some guys that have our number(radke,Howell,Johann Santana,wood).

chitownhawkfan
09-13-2005, 04:00 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and say that your time with us will be short.:dtroll:

Soxzilla
09-13-2005, 04:03 PM
I personally prefer El Dookie.

Regardless of Orlando's recent struggles, we wouldn't be where we are right now if he didn't start the season 7-2 as our fifth pitcher. That IS for damn sure.

NuthnButBluBalls
09-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Orlando Hernandez is a great pitcher. He should win the Cy Young this year. Every decision Ozzie makes this year is great.

Is that better?

Nellie_Fox
09-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Teal
Not teal.

Iwritecode
09-13-2005, 04:06 PM

That's what my wife thought Hawk was calling him the first time she heard it. :rolleyes:

Mr. White Sox
09-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Orlando Hernandez is a great pitcher. He should win the Cy Young this year. Every decision Ozzie makes this year is great.

Is that better?

:tealpolice:
:tealtutor:

Obvious eschewing of teal color to seem noobish? :dtroll:

ma-gaga
09-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Teal
Not teal.

Seriously. Cyan hurts my eyes. I get that the "teal police" is a joke, but I would ban people for inappropriate color use if I was a moderator.

:cool:

Ol' No. 2
:tealpolice:
:tealtutor:

Obvious eschewing of teal color to seem noobish? :dtroll:You're giving him too much credit. I'm setting the over/under at 20 posts. What will it be?

DaleJRFan
That's what my wife thought Hawk was calling him the first time she heard it. :rolleyes:

:roflmao: That's good stuff right there...

DaleJRFan
09-13-2005, 04:11 PM
You're giving him too much credit. I'm setting the over/under at 20 posts. What will it be?

and a nice side bet, will the 20 posts be exclusive to this thread???

Ol' No. 2
09-13-2005, 04:12 PM
and a nice side bet, will the 20 posts be exclusive to this thread???Or, how long before it gets sent you-know-where?

veeter
09-13-2005, 04:26 PM
In relation to the thread title, I'm having some paranoid issues with Minnesota. First they get swept by the Cleveland. Then as the Sox were supposed to miss Santana, suddenly a 'blister' moves his start to face us. I feel the Twins would dearly love the Sox to lose out or at the very least make it tough for them. The Sox have to take care of business in K.C.

DumpJerry
09-13-2005, 04:46 PM

Regardless of Orlando's recent struggles, we wouldn't be where we are right now if he didn't start the season 7-2 as our fifth pitcher. That IS for damn sure.
Garland was number 5 until the ASB. Since then, there has been no formal 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5th starter.

Mr. White Sox
09-13-2005, 05:07 PM
You're giving him too much credit. I'm setting the over/under at 20 posts. What will it be?

Looks like I wasn't giving him too much credit. He was a "smart troll." Anyone who took the under won that round (6 posts).

SOXSINCE'70
09-13-2005, 08:04 PM

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!:cower: :cower:

Soxzilla
09-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Garland was number 5 until the ASB. Since then, there has been no formal 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5th starter.

I realize that. Hence the 'fifth starter' comment. As in, we haven't had five solid starters that could all throw solid innings for our ball club this entire century.

Lip Man 1
09-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Veeter:

Like I said it wouldn't surprise me if they were deliberately tanking to screw the Sox. They have talked as much trash as the Sox for the last three seasons. The two teams hate each other.

Lip

IowaSox1971
09-14-2005, 02:14 AM
I agree that there is some bad blood between the White Sox and Twins, but the Twins and Indians have had some big brawls the past few years. This Santana thing, though, does make you kind of wonder if the Twins are trying to aid the Indians.

BeviBall!
09-14-2005, 07:37 AM
Johan gets the blister in a game against Cleveland and gets better in time for us. Nothing ever comes easy for the Sox. This means we miss Lohse though, who actually has our number in the Dome.

CHISOXFAN13
09-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Johan gets the blister in a game against Cleveland and gets better in time for us. Nothing ever comes easy for the Sox. This means we miss Lohse though, who actually has our number in the Dome.

Santana will also be scheduled to pitch the finale in Oakland next Wednesday, meaning he will miss the four-game set in Chicago.

miker
09-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Santana will also be scheduled to pitch the finale in Oakland next Wednesday, meaning he will miss the four-game set in Chicago.
On one hand its nice we'll miss Santana...on the other hand, the way were hitting lately makes every pitcher look like Cy Young.

BeviBall!
09-14-2005, 11:27 AM

I don't think that's correct. On normal rest, he goes against us on Thursday.

CHISOXFAN13
09-14-2005, 11:41 AM
I don't think that's correct. On normal rest, he goes against us on Thursday.

He pitches Friday and the Twins don't have any off days between that game and the series in Chicago.

mdep524
09-14-2005, 12:08 PM
In a weird way I'm actually kind of happy we'll get to face Santana twice. In three starts vs. the Sox this season, he has totally dominated us. We get two more cracks at him- its time to see what this offense is made of.

Despite what the Dark Clouds say, we have a nice cushion in the division/playoffs race- once we beat Cleveland a few times next week there will nothing to worry about. With that in mind, I want to see what the Sox can do against Santana. It will be a good test.

We need to be able to hit against great pitching. And there's not much better than Johan Santana. I say. bring 'em on, and let's get it in gear for the playoffs!

champagne030
09-14-2005, 12:44 PM
He pitches Friday and the Twins don't have any off days between that game and the series in Chicago.

Not according to the Twins manager. It looks like this Saturday and next Thursday.

"Rotations: Gardenhire has shuffled his pitchers, pushing Johan Santana back to Saturday as he nurses a blister on his middle finger. Gardenhire pointed out that Santana's still scheduled to make four more starts this season."

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050912&content_id=1206847&vkey=news_min&fext=.jsp&c_id=min

CHISOXFAN13
09-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Not according to the Twins manager. It looks like this Saturday and next Thursday.

"Rotations: Gardenhire has shuffled his pitchers, pushing Johan Santana back to Saturday as he nurses a blister on his middle finger. Gardenhire pointed out that Santana's still scheduled to make four more starts this season."

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050912&content_id=1206847&vkey=news_min&fext=.jsp&c_id=min

OK. I thought he was going to pitch Friday.

BeviBall!
09-14-2005, 02:02 PM
OK. I thought he was going to pitch Friday.

Unfortunately not. This was all contrived to sabatoge the Sox.