PDA

View Full Version : This made me burst out Laughing .....

Hangar18
09-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Cubs pregame graphic "HUNT FOR OCTOBER"

TomBradley72
09-13-2005, 09:28 AM
From Webster's Dictionary:

Lemming n.
Any of various small, thickset rodents, especially of the genus Lemmus, inhabiting northern regions and known for periodic mass migrations that sometimes end in drowning. :cool:

Hangar18
09-13-2005, 09:32 AM
but wait ........theres more. This also made me burst out laughing ....
the following quote, from a ticket scalper Mike Shannon on Addison St, talking about cub fans...
"There could be 5 games left, and 5 games out, and these people would still think they had a shot" Why Ive always said, these are the dumbest fans in baseball

TommyJohn
09-13-2005, 10:10 AM
but wait ........theres more. This also made me burst out laughing ....
the following quote, from a ticket scalper Mike Shannon on Addison St, talking about cub fans...
"There could be 5 games left, and 5 games out, and these people would still think they had a shot" Why Ive always said, these are the dumbest fans in baseball

Well, as long as there are the 1964 Phillies to point to, anything is possible.
You know about them, right? You should, as the Tribune has written about
them recently and will doubtless write about them as the season winds
down. They just won't write about them in conjunction with the Cubs.

Brian26
09-13-2005, 10:36 AM
But Sullivan made sure to let us all know that people say the Cubs are Furcal's first choice this offseason, and the Cubs will probably re-sign Nomar and move him to leftfield. I kid you not, this was in the Cubune this morning. :rolleyes:

SOXPHILE
09-13-2005, 10:47 AM
In the article, it appears Ron Santo has been sniffing the glue he uses to keep that hairpiece/roadkill attached to his head. He says if they have 19 left, they need to go 16-3. He then says it's improbable, but not impossible. Well, yeah Ron, if they do that, plus all teams in front of you go something like 9-9 or worse. I also like how the headline of the article says Odds ridiculous, fans are oblivious. Heh heh heh heh...

Ol' No. 2
09-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Perhaps you'd like this headline from Melissa Isaacson's article (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050912cubswildcard,1,3896812.story?coll=cs-home-headlines) today.

Odds ridiculous, fans are oblivious
Cubs' diehards cling to postseason dream
:roflmao:
The real kicker is the entire back page of the sports section is devoted to the Cubs' chase for the Wild Card. The best part is at the bottom where they say (paraphrasing): Other pretenders (Brewers and Mets) move a half game ahead of the Cubs with yesterday's Cubs' loss.

If the Brewers and Mets are 'pretenders' and they're a half game ahead, what does that make the Cubs?:?:

samram
09-13-2005, 11:33 AM
But Sullivan made sure to let us all know that people say the Cubs are Furcal's first choice this offseason, and the Cubs will probably re-sign Nomar and move him to leftfield. I kid you not, this was in the Cubune this morning. :rolleyes:

The Cubs are apparently everyone's first choice. The Cubs were Jim Thome's first choice. And Scott Rolen's. And Pudge Rodriguez's. And Magglio Ordonez's. How many are playing for them? None.

Oh, and I can't wait to see a guy with hamstring and groin problems try to go from SS to LF at age 33.

Baby Fisk
09-13-2005, 12:37 PM
What kind of idiot wouldn't have realized that the Cubs are toast and their season went down the tubes in August?

uh-oh...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2005-05/17647830.jpg

"WOO HOO! It's playoff time baby! Bring on the Hunt for Red October! Just like Ron Santo says, I see a World Series for these Cubs! Woods and Prior have been DOMINANT this year! I am SO STOKED because my dad let me use his Amex to score some prime playoff tix. Sweeeeeeeet! Looks like we play the Sox in the first round because the games are at that hellhole on the south side. No matter! We're gonna rock the house and cheer the baby bears to victory again! Hey by the way we're gonna be hosting a pre-playoff toga kegger for the greek societies next week. Here's some leaflets, pass 'em around. Bring some girls! IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME! GOOOO CUBBIES! I tell ya, it's a great time to be a Cubs fan!"

maurice
09-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Perhaps you'd like this headline from Melissa Isaacson's article (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050912cubswildcard,1,3896812.story?coll=cs-home-headlines) today. . . .

This quote from the article sums up the mentality shared by cub fans and Trib editors alike:
"If you don't have hope, you don't have nothin'," said Tom Cassin, 75, a lifelong Cubs fan visiting from Bristol, Va. "The way they're playing, I believe they can get a wild card, sure I do. Anything's possible."

Yeah, anything is possible, if you have an economic incentive to pretend that it's possible or if you do enough of this:
:smokin: :drunken:

thepaulbowski
09-13-2005, 02:08 PM

The Headline should read "Cubs Hunt for Good Tee Times in October."

SOXPHILE
09-13-2005, 02:20 PM
What kind of idiot wouldn't have realized that the Cubs are toast and their season went down the tubes in August?

uh-oh...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2005-05/17647830.jpg

"WOO HOO! It's playoff time baby! Bring on the Hunt for Red October! Just like Ron Santo says, I see a World Series for these Cubs! Woods and Prior have been DOMINANT this year! I am SO STOKED because my dad let me use his Amex to score some prime playoff tix. Sweeeeeeeet! Looks like we play the Sox in the first round because the games are at that hellhole on the south side. No matter! We're gonna rock the house and cheer the baby bears to victory again! Hey by the way we're gonna be hosting a pre-playoff toga kegger for the greek societies next week. Here's some leaflets, pass 'em around. Bring some girls! IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME! GOOOO CUBBIES! I tell ya, it's a great time to be a Cubs fan!"

Ha ha ha ha.....I love "The Adventures of Wrigleyville Frat Boy"
They should call the Cubs season The Hunt For Dead October.

mr_genius
09-13-2005, 02:59 PM
They should call the Cubs season The Hunt For Dead October.

:rolling:

chitownhawkfan
09-13-2005, 03:18 PM
I really liked how the Scrubs get a backpage spread about their "chances" of making it to the post season. Did anybody else notice how the Cubune in their front page article couldnt resist a cheapshot at the Sox fans and the dreaded A word. What clowns

longshot7
09-13-2005, 04:04 PM

You have got to be kidding me. That is too good. Of course, the LA team (the NL one) isn't much better. They keep talking, "If only we could get a good streak going, we could make the playoffs..." - of course they've been saying this ALL YEAR. They were eliminated in June. Idiots.

Iwritecode
09-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Did anybody else notice how the Cubune in their front page article couldnt resist a cheapshot at the Sox fans and the dreaded A word. What clowns

It's all they have left.

Good thing they provide fair and balanced coverage!!!

:cubune

buehrle4cy05
09-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Wow...some Cubs fans just don't get it. They can only lose ONE GAME the rest of the way to have chance at the Wild Card, and that's if Houston, Philly, Florida, Washington, the Mets, and Milwaukee play .500 ball.

DumpJerry
09-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Wow...some Cubs fans just don't get it. They can only lose ONE GAME the rest of the way to have chance at the Wild Card, and that's if Houston, Philly, Florida, Washington, the Mets, and Milwaukee play .500 ball.
:moron
Ok, so you're saying that the Cubs' chances are pretty good? That's great! I am now looking forward to covering the post season.

peeonwrigley
09-14-2005, 02:12 AM
:moron
Ok, so you're saying that the Cubs' chances are pretty good? That's great! I am now looking forward to covering the post season.

Random question: Where the hell is this picture of Marrioti from? He completely looks like Butthead in it. Along with the pictures of Reinsdorf & Wanny... I usually am already laughing from the picture before I even read the quote.

MUsoxfan
09-14-2005, 02:18 AM
Random question: Where the hell is this picture of Marrioti from? He completely looks like Butthead in it. Along with the pictures of Reinsdorf & Wanny... I usually am already laughing from the picture before I even read the quote.

All those pics are found in the "smilies" section along with an assortment of other goofy pics

skobabe8
09-14-2005, 11:48 AM
All those pics are found in the "smilies" section along with an assortment of other goofy pics

I may be wrong, but I think what Peeonwrigley was talking about was where did that picture originally come from? I've wondered that too. Looks like a glamour shot gone horribly wrong.

Baby Fisk
09-14-2005, 11:55 AM
I may be wrong, but I think what Peeonwrigley was talking about was where did that picture originally come from? I've wondered that too. Looks like a glamour shot gone horribly wrong.
It was likely lifted from his profile on an internet dating site.

miker
09-14-2005, 12:12 PM
It was likely lifted from his profile on an internet dating site.
What poor woman would have so little self-respect that she would want to date Moronotti?

Oh wait...Cub fans!

LongLiveFisk
09-14-2005, 03:11 PM
The Cubs are apparently everyone's first choice. The Cubs were Jim Thome's first choice. And Scott Rolen's. And Pudge Rodriguez's. And Magglio Ordonez's. How many are playing for them? None.

Oh, and I can't wait to see a guy with hamstring and groin problems try to go from SS to LF at age 33.

I think Johnny Damon is a FA after this season. I'm sure the Cubs will be his first choice too.

MUsoxfan
09-14-2005, 04:10 PM

Now that I read that again, you're correct. It was likely some early 90's headshot......or then again it could be for internet dating:unsure::D:

Cowhead418
09-14-2005, 07:14 PM
The real kicker is the entire back page of the sports section is devoted to the Cubs' chase for the Wild Card. The best part is at the bottom where they say (paraphrasing): Other pretenders (Brewers and Mets) move a half game ahead of the Cubs with yesterday's Cubs' loss.

If the Brewers and Mets are 'pretenders' and they're a half game ahead, what does that make the Cubs?:?:

What I loved is how the Tribune used smaller print: Other pretenders (Brewers and Mets) move half a game ahead of the Cubs with yesterday's loss.