PDA

View Full Version : Is Buehrle a Dark Cloud too?

Hangar18
09-13-2005, 09:07 AM
"We havnt won anything .......we've got 6 games left with them"
MB on the fast approaching Indians ......... His comments after the Saturday game, and of others on the team, make me think the SOX are thinking too much and just playing relaxed.

voodoochile
09-13-2005, 09:23 AM
MB on the fast approaching Indians ......... His comments after the Saturday game, and of others on the team, make me think the SOX are thinking too much and just playing relaxed.

No, I think that is exactly the right thing to say. It puts the focus squarely on getting the job done and calls his teammates out to make it happen.

If he says anything even close to "It's over" he not only gives the Toons bulletin board material, he tells his teammates it's okay to relax.

Until that magic number is zero, this team should be pushing hard to win games. Buehrle is merely pointing out that it ain't over yet - though the fat lady is warming up...

kobo
09-13-2005, 09:25 AM
Well, we haven't won anything. These next 2 1/2 weeks the Sox have to get back to playing good fundamental baseball and wrap this thing up. I don't think his comments are dark cloudish at all, they are the truth. We have not won anything, and we need to beat the Indians to make sure we make the playoffs.

mccoydp
09-13-2005, 10:15 AM
I think he's just being a realist, IMHO.

It isn't over until the clinch.

davenicholson
09-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Well, we haven't won anything.
Right. And neither have the Sox (yet).

downstairs
09-13-2005, 01:02 PM
The team should be worried. Not because its even mathematically realistic to assume Cleveland will win the division.... but because that's the right way to play.

Its Ozzie's job to be rational with resting players, playing sub-par lineups because it rests players for more important times.

If a player is penciled into a game, they should be playing as if its the 162nd game, and we're tied for the lead with the opposing team.

buehrle4cy05
09-13-2005, 06:24 PM
I like what Buehrle said, because it's important to keep playing as hard as you can these last 20 games...if they phone the division in right now, there's a good chance that they'll slip.

kevingrt
09-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Remember Buehrle is also the one that said he doesn't deserve to be on the playoff starting rotation. He takes things seriously and doesn't want the players to let down thinking we are in the playoffs. We all know Buehrle is one of the main team leaders and that he is just trying to psyche up the team. Buehrle will be an ace on this team as long as he is on it. And we will see an awesome starting playoff pitcher in Mark Buehrle.

JohnBasedowYoda
09-13-2005, 07:58 PM
he may or may not be a dark cloud but he talks about attendance :redneck

ode to veeck
09-13-2005, 08:22 PM
he may or may not be a dark cloud but he talks about attendance

do you see him posting here?

voodoochile
09-13-2005, 08:23 PM
do you see him posting here?\

No, but if he does come and he can prove he is who he says he is and he wants to rant about attendance, it's all good...:D:

Chips
09-13-2005, 08:44 PM
As the biggest dark cloud in America, I will have to say, no he is not a dark cloud.

JohnBasedowYoda
09-13-2005, 08:53 PM
do you see him posting here?

no but he runs his mouth in the trib

BNLSox
09-14-2005, 02:44 AM
Buehrle is probably the main reason that we are 88-55 with a 6 game lead on the Indians on September 14th with just 17 games left of their schedule. He is the anchor of this team.

ENOUGH with the Negatives. Positive energy folks. All we can do now is show our love and support of the squad. Its completely in their hands now, for better or worse.

COME ON BOYS. LETS GET SOME NEW OUTFIELD BANNERS A FLYIN'!