PDA

View Full Version : Proposal for marketplace/pooling of extra playoff tickets

cheeses_h_rice
09-12-2005, 10:03 PM
I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in this idea...playoff tickets for the first round go on sale this Thursday, and I'm planning on buying 4 for each of the 3 home games, not knowing if I would need that many to begin with. It all depends on what time the games are played at, which we probably won't know until the end of the season.

If I got any extras (probably would have a pair leftover for 2 if not 3 of the games), I would be willing to sell them for cost to another WSIer.

Anyone else interested in this? Ideally it would be someone with somewhat of a track history here at WSI and someone who pledges not to re-sell the tickets at a profit.

Mods, feel free to move this to a suitable board, too.

Mots09
09-12-2005, 10:13 PM
i would be willing to back you on this idea Cheese. Fact of the matter is if someone has a ticket and isn't going to use it might as well give it to the true fans.

This method works quite well on the Jimmy Buffett messageboards I am a member of too.. They make sure true parrotheads get tickets as face thats all they let you sell them for.

credefan24
09-12-2005, 10:16 PM
I haven't posted on here for a significant amount of time, but I would be up for this idea.

Brian26
09-12-2005, 10:22 PM
Cheeses- I'm in. PM me if you want to discuss.

CHISOXFAN13
09-12-2005, 10:23 PM
This is a fantastic idea. I will probably be in the same boat with extras for each game, assuming I get through.

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-12-2005, 10:27 PM
I might be interested if any of the games fall on a weekend date. Not too sure of the playoff schedule so I cannot say. I would only need one ticket, but I'm not sure if anyone would want to sit next to me! :D:

skobabe8
09-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Cheeses I would be down. I am going to try and get my own on thursday, but if I cant, it would be great to get some tix at face value. Let me know how you want to handle things........

anewman35
09-12-2005, 10:40 PM
This leads me to a question: if you get through on the phone, do they let you buy tickets to all 3 games?

cheeses_h_rice
09-12-2005, 10:42 PM
OK, thanks for the interest.

I honestly don't know a foolproof way of making this really fair or efficient.

What if everyone who posts in this thread becomes "eligible" to buy extras, and on Thursday (or later), as we know how many extras we'll have, we post and offer them up, and the first "eligible" person to respond in the thread gets first dibs?

The only thing I'm not sure about is how the Sox would handle refunds for any games not played; if the original credit card would be refunded or not, which could cause problems for those who buy these tickets from someone else.

cheeses_h_rice
09-12-2005, 10:43 PM
This leads me to a question: if you get through on the phone, do they let you buy tickets to all 3 games?

I believe this is the way Ticketmaster does it.

Online, though, I think you're limited to one transaction/purchase per visit.

SOXfnNlansing
09-12-2005, 11:06 PM
I made a similar post the other day. My problem is I want to go to the opening game (Oct 4th) but I can't get anyone to go with me. I would gladly take a 'single' off anyone or just purchase the 2 (like I planned) and find someone to take the single off my hands. Since this thread has life I'm hoping that something can be done to help everyone here. ps.... I'm only going to the opening game of the wild card round (for past karma purchases) <<<superstitious......... but will be ready to go to all the remaining playoff games! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: I bought all 3 games in 2K and we all know how that series went

Parrothead
09-12-2005, 11:09 PM
I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in this idea...playoff tickets for the first round go on sale this Thursday, and I'm planning on buying 4 for each of the 3 home games, not knowing if I would need that many to begin with. It all depends on what time the games are played at, which we probably won't know until the end of the season.

If I got any extras (probably would have a pair leftover for 2 if not 3 of the games), I would be willing to sell them for cost to another WSIer.

Anyone else interested in this? Ideally it would be someone with somewhat of a track history here at WSI and someone who pledges not to re-sell the tickets at a profit.

I am for this idea....:D:

SouthSide_HitMen
09-12-2005, 11:27 PM
I've sold my tickets at face in the past in the Parking Lot and it has worked out well. If I have extra's I'll list them here.

peeonwrigley
09-12-2005, 11:32 PM
I have had good experiences buying from fellow WSIers in the Parking Lot before. I have a test at 11:00 Thursday morning and will be flying through it and running at a high speed to a computer lab.

kittle42
09-12-2005, 11:39 PM
I'm in.

RowanDye
09-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me....

http://img81.exs.cx/img81/9562/11hemingwaysapprove3we.jpg

BTW...what time do tickets go on sale Thursday??

SouthSideHitman
09-12-2005, 11:57 PM
This sounds great to me. I'm going to school in Beloit, WI and I don't know how well my schedule will work out for me going to games if they're on weekday afternoons, for example, but I'm gonna buy tickets anyway. If I end up with extra, I'd much rather hook up a fellow WSIer and I would hope that I could get a hookup if I can't get tickets to a game that works for me.

StillMissOzzie
09-13-2005, 12:05 AM
BTW...what time do tickets go on sale Thursday??

Noon, IIRC

SMO

Chisox353014
09-13-2005, 12:08 AM
I'm definitely in, although I will be trying to score tickets of my own as well. My high-speed internet connection at work has got to be good for something. :wink:

Cat Thief
09-13-2005, 08:00 AM
I already have mine through the 13 game plan but this lady at work who is a huge Sox fan is looking for some. She can't take off work and her internet access is restricted big time. So I would be interested in getting some for her. Let me know if you guys have any extras. BTW has any 13 game holder received their tickets?

BeviBall!
09-13-2005, 08:12 AM
Let's do this.

Rocky Soprano
09-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Coun't me in. I am going to try and buy four, but if I don't get in I would love to buy at least a single off someone.

bigsoxfan420
09-13-2005, 08:41 AM
I am totally in. I may be out of the office on thursday, so it may be difficult for me to get tickets so I would really appreciate any help.

SoxFanTillDeath
09-13-2005, 08:43 AM
Count me in as well. I'm skipping lunch Thursday to try and buy some tickets. I don't know how many I'll be able to afford (going to college, living paycheck to paycheck), but I'm going to buy as many tickets as I can. I have a T1 and 4 computers here at my disposal, so I can get in line with each of them.

I'm all for getting the loudest, most passonate fans in the stands to help me blow my vocal chords on a bunch of White Sox Post-Season Winners! :cool:

D. TODD
09-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Will you be able to go to a Ticketmaster site, or are they only taking phone & internet orders?

I have 3 people including myself trying to get tickets, as well as other Friends who will be doing the same trying to get 4 per game. If everyone is successful I should have some available for those who are interested. I defiantly want Sox fans to use whatever extras I may be lucky enough to get.

FoulkeFan
09-13-2005, 09:00 AM
This is a great idea! Count me in too.

Baby Fisk
09-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Never been to a game at USCF. Flying in on Oct 3rd. Depending on what I can (and can't) purchase on Thursday, I'll be in on this too. Good luck everyone!

Eddie Gaedel
09-13-2005, 09:24 AM
I'll be trying to purchase tickets and have a connection where I might be able to get additional tix. Any extras I'll post on The Parking Lot.

ChicagoHoosier
09-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Will you be able to go to a Ticketmaster site, or are they only taking phone & internet orders?

The email stated only phone and internet, not ticketmaster outlets. That would be too easy for us.

I'd be interested in buying or selling, depending on my luck on the phone/internet Thursday.

salty99
09-13-2005, 09:36 AM
I would also like to be in on this as well. I would be up to going to any of the games. I am going to try and get 4 tickets for home game #2 but may only end up using 2.

D. TODD
09-13-2005, 09:47 AM
The email stated only phone and internet, not ticketmaster outlets. That would be too easy for us.

I'd be interested in buying or selling, depending on my luck on the phone/internet Thursday. Thanks.

Sox PA
09-13-2005, 09:52 AM
I posted this under Playoff Tickets but since it seems to be on everybody's mind I thought I would copy it here too.

Here are the links to the ticketmaster web pages to order tickets to the division playoff games. Tickets go on sale at 12:00 noon (CST). It states that if you try to buy more than 4 tickets your order will be cancelled. Sounds like they mean business - actually it sounds like they are trying to help out as many Sox fans as they can. Don't know if you could place one order by phone and one by internet and end up with 8, but it's probably best to have another person with another credit card and address.

"Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card. "

Official Ticketmaster site. Chicago White Sox A.L. Division Home Game 1 tickets U.S. Cellular Field Chicago, IL (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04003B2CD72E6607?artistid=805917&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=10)

Official Ticketmaster site. Chicago White Sox A.L. Division Home Game 2 tickets U.S. Cellular Field Chicago, IL (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04003B2C0632285B?artistid=805917&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=10)

Official Ticketmaster site. Chicago White Sox A.L. Division Home Game 3 tickets U.S. Cellular Field Chicago, IL (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04003B2C075528BE?artistid=805917&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=10)

09/08/2005 3:28 PM ET - Official Press Release
Tickets for potential Division Series games at U.S. Cellular Field go on sale Thursday, Sept. 15 (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050908&content_id=1202269&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

Good Luck Everybody!

chisox83
09-13-2005, 09:53 AM
Thanks. Great idea. Count me in too.:smile:

Tekijawa
09-13-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm in...

RallyBowl
09-13-2005, 11:31 AM
I am also going to try to pick some up on thrus, but if I'm unsuccessful, count me in!

ramorgan1
09-13-2005, 11:31 AM
yes i will try to buy 4 to all 3 games also and would share if i can get extras...

i'll be in NY on business that day. do i have to call the 312 ticketmaster # i assume? or could i call a local NY number in NY and have a better chance of getting?

Iwritecode
09-13-2005, 12:03 PM
I would be all for this because I've always had horrible luck trying to get playoff tickets.

IIRC, in 2000 I had 3 phones and two computers going and still couldn't get anything. :(:

cheeses_h_rice
09-13-2005, 12:14 PM
yes i will try to buy 4 to all 3 games also and would share if i can get extras...

i'll be in NY on business that day. do i have to call the 312 ticketmaster # i assume? or could i call a local NY number in NY and have a better chance of getting?

You can use the toll free number, too:

Individual-game tickets to each of three potential American League Central Division Series games that could be played at U.S. Cellular Field will go on sale Thursday, September 15, at noon CT. Tickets will be available online at whitesox.com

Tickets will also be available by phone through TicketMaster at (866) SOX-GAME and (312) 559-1212. Tickets will not be sold at ticket outlets or at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office.

Ticket prices for the three potential Division Series games at U.S. Cellular Field are:

-Lower Deck Box - $55
-Lower Deck Reserved/Bleachers/Upper Deck Box - $40
-Upper Deck Reserved - $30 A limit of four tickets per person per game will be instituted on all sales.

The Division Series is scheduled to begin Tuesday, October 4.

Information on individual-game ticket sales for potential American League Championship and World Series games will be announced at a future date.

mpshans
09-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Living in Michigan I would like to do this because not knowing when the games are going to be played is a pain in going to the ballpark after work. (It is a 3 hour drive from my work to the ballpark. I will let everyone know what my situation is after Thursday 12:01.

kevingrt
09-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Great idea cheeses I am all in. White Sox fans are brilliant

JeffIsTHEMAN
09-13-2005, 04:29 PM

What do you mean by "for cost"??? :?:

HITMEN OF 77
09-13-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm in on this for sure. However, I'm looking for ALCS and WS tickets. If the Sox make it past the 1st round I'm flying back to Chicago for the games. So PM if anyone wants to help out the long distance voyager.

Ol' No. 2
09-13-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm in. I'm putting on the full-court press. Two computers and two phones. If I score extras I'll toss them in the pool.

BTW, can you open multiple windows with Ticketmaster to improve your chances or did they close that loophole?

SOXfnNlansing
09-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Never been to a game at USCF. Flying in on Oct 3rd. Depending on what I can (and can't) purchase on Thursday, I'll be in on this too. Good luck everyone! if you're looking for a single for the 4th I'll be able to help (pending my luck on getting them)

gosox3072
09-13-2005, 06:28 PM
There is going to be a lot more people wanting tickets than there will be available......what to do about this situation......who gets 1st dibbs?.....id be in

WagMan
09-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Well, aside from all the begging and pleading the season ticket holders I know (I only got the 9 game plan! DOH!), I'm gonna do my best to get tix tomorrow any way I can. But, If I'm unsuccessful, I'd surely appreciate the opportunity to pick up a ticket or two from a WSI'er. Thanks for the thread!

HITMEN OF 77
09-13-2005, 06:37 PM
There is going to be a lot more people wanting tickets than there will be available......what to do about this situation......who gets 1st dibbs?

Those who are coming from long distance?? :D:

MushMouth
09-13-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm in - my wife and I will both be on it come Noon Thursday.

cheeses_h_rice
09-13-2005, 07:53 PM
What do you mean by "for cost"??? :?:

The cost of the ticket + Ticketmaster's fees.

mr_genius
09-13-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm gonna try to get tickets, but I have a feeling that 'season ticket holders + ozzie plan + corporate giveaways + high demand = no ticket for mr_genius'.

TomC727
09-13-2005, 09:50 PM
I have one season ticket and therefore, one playoff ticket for each game. Due to school and mandatory attendance in labs, I might have an extra ticket which I will sell for no more than face value. When the schedule comes out for the playoffs, If I can't make a game, I will post it here. My seat is 120, Row 23, Seat 3. I would love to sell my ticket to a sox fan and not scalp it to someone who will resell it.

Please PM me if interested.

mmmmmbeeer
09-13-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm in Tulsa and will be online to get as many tkts as I can get because my butt is going to fly into town for the ALDS. My brother will be meeting me in town from NY so he's going to be trying to get tkts online as well. Hopefully we each get a set of 4 and we'll have 4 extras, but we'll see. Knowing our luck we won't end up with any, but we're going to make the trip anyway. If we do come up short that'd be awesome if there were some folks on the board who could help prevent our trip from becoming a non-playoff game trip.

ElDuque26
09-14-2005, 12:02 AM
my friends and i are all gonna try to get tix...if we get extras for sure will get them to the true fans not some bandwagon fairweather fans

SOXandILLINI
09-14-2005, 02:39 PM
i'll be tryin to buy 4 for each game.... i'm in.

salty99
09-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Did anyone else see this?

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/atl/ticketing/wspackage.jsp

That is sad that Atlanta can't get anyone to its games while we have to suffer to try and get 2 tickets to the first round.

NardiWasHere
09-14-2005, 03:30 PM
The games are all TBA... I'm at school and probably wont be able to come in town during the week. Do you think game 3 will be during the weekend? I've got a bunch of friends who all all camping out at our computers, so if by any strange chance we have extras, this is the only place i'd feel happy reselling them.

EDIT: Wait wouldn't game 3 be away?

EDIT2: Oh it's home game 3.... I'm losing it... so if there is not home game 3, how do refunds work? and how do you guys think the days would work out? Home games would be like tues, thurs and tues?

ChicagoHoosier
09-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Did anyone else see this?

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/atl/ticketing/wspackage.jsp

That is sad that Atlanta can't get anyone to its games while we have to suffer to try and get 2 tickets to the first round.

That would be SO AWESOME if the Sox did something like that! Bummer they won't. I went there just for kicks and could have gotten tickets along the 3rd baseline/left field 2 sections from the foul pole, row 25. Not too bad for an average of $94 a ticket and guaranteed every game.

DaveIsHere
09-15-2005, 10:51 AM
I am ini on this, sorry I am late. Iw ill try andd get as many tickets/game as possible today....good luck everyone.

kevingrt
09-15-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm coming up from Columbia, MO and would die to have some tickets, I'm skipping class today to get some. If I don't get my four I will be angry! But I think this marketplace dealy might help me out a bit.

WhiteSox16K
09-15-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm skipping class today to get some.

At least I know that I'm not the only one!

edit: I forgot to mention that I'm also interested in the marketplace idea - I'll be on (along with my brother back home) trying to get 4 to each game.

cheeses_h_rice
09-15-2005, 11:10 AM
If you want to participate in this, don't post in this thread anymore -- PM me and I'll add your name to the list as shown here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57622).

[Mods, please lock this thread if possible and sticky the other one...thanks.]