PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie sends Marte home for a few days

VeeckAsInWreck
09-12-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm sure it's no secret here, but Ozzie runs a very tight ship. (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=fanball-whitesoxmartesenthom&prov=fanball&type=lgns)

getonbckthr
09-12-2005, 03:47 PM
marte=HE GONE

JeffIsTHEMAN
09-12-2005, 03:59 PM
He better be on the playoff roster.

Discipline him but dont waste what little talent he has left by not whipping him into shape so that hes able to perform well for this team.

DaveIsHere
09-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Wow it sounds like he will not be around at all. I thought that he had just sent him home for that game.........Getting Weird around the South Side lately.

Baby Fisk
09-12-2005, 04:04 PM
marte=HE GONE
He's not gone. Ozzie clearly loves this guy as opposed to Neal (face one batter) Cotts. This was a kick in the ass / wake up call.

Then again, maybe the clubhouse is starting to implode. How about it dark clouds? :wink:

Losing streaks suck.

MarySwiss
09-12-2005, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE=Baby Fisk]He's not gone. Ozzie clearly loves this guy as opposed to Neal (face one batter) Cotts. This was a kick in the ass / wake up call.
QUOTE]

And about time, I'd say. Let's hope it works.

Chez
09-12-2005, 04:09 PM
He'll be back Tuesday in K.C. Ozzie sent him home on Sunday -- not for the rest of the season.

mr_genius
09-12-2005, 04:10 PM
How about it dark clouds? :wink:

I think they have all been banned

lol

DumpJerry
09-12-2005, 04:22 PM
One thing is clear: Ozzie is not Dusty. Baker would have given Marte a beer and pay bonus.

Tekijawa
09-12-2005, 04:23 PM
I hope he gave him directions... Marte hasn't been able to FIND HOME for about a month now!

VeeckAsInWreck
09-12-2005, 04:25 PM
I hope he gave him directions... Marte hasn't been able to FIND HOME for about a month now!

ZING!

:D: That's comedy!

cheeses_h_rice
09-12-2005, 04:26 PM

Discipline him but dont waste what little talent he has left by not whipping him into shape so that hes able to perform well for this team.

Marte will be with the team come October.

This sends a great message to the team (a la the Angels dumping that problem outfielder a few years ago just before the playoffs), and it's not as if a few days off is going to harm Marte. He could probably use the break.

zmz723
09-12-2005, 04:29 PM
i hope he'll be back. Even if he does suck, he will have some trade value in the off-season

chisoxfan64
09-12-2005, 05:49 PM

That is hilarious!:roflmao:

DaleJRFan
09-12-2005, 06:11 PM

WOW, good stuff Tekijawa... good stuff :redneck

BeviBall!
09-12-2005, 06:19 PM

**tipping waitress**

Whitesox05
09-13-2005, 01:48 PM

I totally agree! We need him in the playoffs. He is so dominant when he throws strikes. He has been wild lately and when he isn't on he is just an average pitcher. We need our fans to support him not run him out of town. Trust me....there are many teams that would pick him up in a second. He is a top of the line lefty set up man in baseball.

kevingrt
09-13-2005, 03:39 PM
I say good move by Ozzie and KW here. I am probably one of the few Damaso fans left at WSI, but I think left-handed relievers with the talent that Marte has are very tough to come around. Hopefully Marte can get his act together and find his stuff again. He seems to be a really tentative and fragile character but this kid can pitch and we need him at the end of the season and in October.

rdwj
09-13-2005, 03:55 PM
I say good move by Ozzie and KW here. I am probably one of the few Damaso fans left at WSI, but I think left-handed relievers with the talent that Marte has are very tough to come around. Hopefully Marte can get his act together and find his stuff again. He seems to be a really tentative and fragile character but this kid can pitch and we need him at the end of the season and in October.

He's an important piece of the bullpen for sure. While we might be able to get by without him, a dominating Marte would make the postseason bullpen better.

I have a love / hate thing going when it come to Marte, but I'd really rather love him.

...wait, that doesn't sound gay, does it?

Iwritecode
09-13-2005, 03:58 PM

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

:)

Deuce
09-13-2005, 04:02 PM

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050911/capt.arl10609112241.athletics_rangers_arl106.jpg

"Not to me!"