PDA

View Full Version : Kubbie Kool-Aid?

davis_main
12-03-2001, 07:48 PM
I like this site. It designed very well. But, after reading one of the articles entitled "Kubbie Kool-Aid Kraziness!" I must admit I am a little confused. I understand the jest of the article and found it humorous, but I don't see where the reference to Kool-Aid comes in. Can someone fill me in on the significance of Kool-Aid and how it got started. Thanks.

GASHWOUND
12-04-2001, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by davis_main
I like this site. It designed very well. But, after reading one of the articles entitled "Kubbie Kool-Aid Kraziness!" I must admit I am a little confused. I understand the jest of the article and found it humorous, but I don't see where the reference to Kool-Aid comes in. Can someone fill me in on the significance of Kool-Aid and how it got started. Thanks.

Whats up with everybody leaving davis_main out in the cold? Welcome to WSI, I'm me. There has to be somebody here who can give you a good explanation of where the term came from. But you never heard of somebody drinking the Cubs Kool-Ad or the Bears Kool_Aid? Its like you are engolfed in your teams positives while ignoring the teams negatives. Its like looking at the glass half full instead of half empty. Uhh, that explanation sucked. Sorry, maybe someone else could help me out.

Jeez, that exlanation DID suck.

Welcome anyway :)

:moron
"I drink the Cubs Kool-Aid!"

doublem23
12-04-2001, 12:51 AM
Well, I would have welcomed him right away, but I just didn't want to say Welcome, but sorry, I don't know the answer to your question... Where's hate or PHG? I think they'd know the answer to this query....

Anyways, davis, WELCOME TO WSI!!! :gulp:

FarWestChicago
12-04-2001, 01:05 AM
Crap, I was so involved with my new DSL connection and getting caught up on stuff I blew it! Welcome to WSI davis_main!! :D:

This is a good link for some of the lingo you will see around here:

WSI Dictionary (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/MainPages/dictionary.htm)

Cubbie Kool-Aid refers to what you see on many boards where Flubs fans propose ridiculous trades and predict great outcomes and things like that. You will also see Blue Rock used for truly outrageous things like trading some broken down never was for Barry Bonds. :smile:

cheeses_h_rice
12-04-2001, 01:08 AM
I believe it's a reference to the "Kool-Aid" (actually, some other, off brand) served by Jim Jones to his Peoples Temple cultists, when they all committed mass suicide in Jonestown, Guyana in 1978.

Basically, it means you drink the stuff up no matter how bad it is for you. If any team's following could be defined as a "cult," you have to admit it would be the Flubbies!

FarWestChicago
12-04-2001, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I believe it's a reference to the "Kool-Aid" (actually, some other, off brand) served by Jim Jones to his Peoples Temple cultists, when they all committed mass suicide in Jonestown, Guyana in 1978.Wow, I didn't know it was that serious! :smile:

cheeses_h_rice
12-04-2001, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Wow, I didn't know it was that serious! :smile:

Well, that's always been my inference into it. After all, why else would Kool-Aid drinking be so associated with mindless, unthinking, cult-like behavior?

I think I need to research this some more on the 'Net.

Pete Ward
12-04-2001, 11:49 AM
I 1st heard the term "Kool-Aid" on the WSCR, when Jiggets and North were teamed up.

As in: "Your drinking your Bear Kool-Aid again my freind"

This refers to the Bears (or any other team) can do no wrong.

Spiff
12-04-2001, 04:59 PM
I always thought it was kubbie kool aid b/c they make up and serve it to each other and everyone enjoys it but it's really just sugar-coated water with no substance!

Spiff
12-04-2001, 04:59 PM
And oh yeah welcome to WSI davis_main I woulda said so yesterday but I didn't even see this thread.