PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Tickets

Soxfanspcu11
08-27-2005, 02:50 AM
Anyone heard anything about playoff tickets going on sale yet??? I know the sox are offering that plan on buying season tickets for next year you get first crack at playoff tickets. But Im talking about individual game tickets. I remember back in 03 when the sox went almost down to the wire they started selling tickets a few weeks before the sox were essentially eliminated after getting swept in minnesota. I know cause I still have my tickets (they actually look really cool! Anyone else have them?? Good collectors items anyway) But it is getting too be about that time again and I havent really heard anything. I emailed the sox and they said to just keeping checking the website, but has anyone heard anything about it???

Also when they do go on sale, we gotta figure out who is in charge of bringing what up to comiskey to camp out.

BRDSR
08-27-2005, 02:54 AM
The bills have already gone out to season ticket holders and I believe they are due to the White Sox by August 29th. I would guess that once they recieve all of those and have a few days to process them, they'll put the remaining tickets on sale to the general public. However, I wouldn't hold my breath until the second week of Sept or so.

steff
08-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Ticketmaster or box office tickets "cool" looking. :?:

kevingrt
08-27-2005, 11:53 AM
The bills have already gone out to season ticket holders and I believe they are due to the White Sox by August 29th. I would guess that once they recieve all of those and have a few days to process them, they'll put the remaining tickets on sale to the general public. However, I wouldn't hold my breath until the second week of Sept or so.

Good info BRDSR. Seems like you know what you are talking about. I will be getting tickets no matter what, even if friggin' StubHub is my last opition, I'm getting tickets.

Ol' No. 2
08-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Good info BRDSR. Seems like you know what you are talking about. I will be getting tickets no matter what, even if friggin' StubHub is my last opition, I'm getting tickets.I camped out in 2000 and got very good seats. I've also tried getting them on the web and on the phone when they went on sale and didn't do nearly as well.

Foulke You
08-27-2005, 02:59 PM
I camped out in 2000 and got very good seats. I've also tried getting them on the web and on the phone when they went on sale and didn't do nearly as well.
Yeah, I got to the box office at 4:45 AM the day ALDS tix went on sale in 2000. I was able to get Upper Deck Reserved tix. In 2003, I lucked out and got ALDS tix over the cell phone. I'm wondering if there will be any internet sales for playoff tickets or if it will be phone and b.o. only? In any case, if I have to sell blood or eat nothing but Ramen noodles for 2 weeks, I am going to be there for the playoffs.

Ol' No. 2
08-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I got to the box office at 4:45 AM the day ALDS tix went on sale in 2000. I was able to get Upper Deck Reserved tix. In 2003, I lucked out and got ALDS tix over the cell phone. I'm wondering if there will be any internet sales for playoff tickets or if it will be phone and b.o. only? In any case, if I have to sell blood or eat nothing but Ramen noodles for 2 weeks, I am going to be there for the playoffs.In 2000, I got there about 3am and got tickets in the lower deck near the LF foul pole. For the ALCS I got there at midnight and got beauties in section 129.:bandance: And didn't get to use them.:angry::whiner:

They were available by internet, and I've had mixed success. IMO, camping out is the way to go. It's a near-guarantee if you get there early enough. It's a pretty small price to pay.

Soxfanspcu11
08-27-2005, 03:52 PM
Yes, the tickets are "cool" looking because they were not standard ticketmaster or sox tickets. I could scan them and show you but they were like bright orange and black with what looked like a setting sun behind the sox logo (come to think of it maybe that was an ominous sign lol) but anyway yeah and they saw "SOX 2003 POSTSEASON). I dunno i was surprised too! They really are cool!

If anyone else has them then they know what im talking about.

But as far as this year goes, camping out is the best way to go but you still can get them over the phone or internet but your seats wont be nearly as good. Personally I would just rather have 100 section seats, anywhere just to be down there, there are always seats open(yes even during the playoffs) and really sitting down gets boring anyway, especially when you can stand right behind homeplate and watch the game if you want.

Aside from that, camping out is fun because everyone there is a HUGE sox fan and people bring grills, brews, radios, guitars, games, all kinds of stuff. Its like one big college party at comiskey, its actually really friggin cool! We should all get together and do this even when playoff tickets dont go on sale! but yeah the time flies by when your around people that are as diehard as you

Revolutn
08-27-2005, 05:20 PM
As far as that goes, I had managed to secure 3 tickets for every possible Home Playoff game online in 2000.

Camping out is still the single best way to do it, and you will get the best seats, but had they gone, I woula been in the ballpark at least or able to pick a game to sell to more or less cover the cost of the other games I was going to be able to attend.

Cuz in 2000 as I assume they will do again, they staggered out the rounds putting them on sale a round at a time, although well in advance.

Standing in line with my tickets at a Lasalle Banking branch to get a refund was one of the most profoundly dissapointing things to have to do, but err I couldn't eat all that money for sentimental value on unredeemable ticket stubs.

I would have to dig around but I coulda swore I read somewhere in the past two weeks that the public sales date was going to be in early September as well.

SouthSiiiiiiiiiide

Rev

SouthSide_HitMen
08-27-2005, 05:23 PM
As far as that goes, I had managed to secure 3 tickets for every possible Home Playoff game online in 2000.

Camping out is still the single best way to do it, and you will get the best seats, but had they gone,

Do they sell all the games or just one series at a time.

I camped out in 1983 and was able to purchase $6 standing room only tickets for Games 3 and 4. I don't remember them selling tickets for the World Series at that time.

Revolutn
08-27-2005, 05:32 PM
My recollection is that the entire Series goes up at once.

I believe I actually got tickets for the first potential home game last as the TM site was ovewhelemed and wouldn't process that ticket request without timing out.

SouthSiiiide!
Rev

Milw
08-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Any idea how early they allow people to set up camp? Do they shoo people away before a certain time?

I'm not talking about getting there days in advance, but if I got there at 9 p.m. the night before, would that be acceptable to Sox security?

RadioheadRocks
08-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Any idea how early they allow people to set up camp? Do they shoo people away before a certain time?

I'm not talking about getting there days in advance, but if I got there at 9 p.m. the night before, would that be acceptable to Sox security?

I remember when the tickets for the last three games at old Comiskey went on sale they STRONGLY discouraged "camping out" in front of the park. I got there at about 5am that morning and there was already about 40 people lined up (including some of the fine folks I hung out with regularly at the game). We had no problems, stayed orderly and I ended up with great tickets for the last three games. :smile:

FoulkeFan
08-27-2005, 10:46 PM
I remember when the tickets for the last three games at old Comiskey went on sale they STRONGLY discouraged "camping out" in front of the park. I got there at about 5am that morning and there was already about 40 people lined up (including some of the fine folks I hung out with regularly at the game). We had no problems, stayed orderly and I ended up with great tickets for the last three games. :smile:

I don't think camping out helps you out at all because, if I remember correctly, in 2000 they had a lottery system. They just handed out numbers and then picked a random number to start the line with. I know I only arrived at the park about 45 minutes before tickets went on sale and was still able to get tickets.

BainesHOF
08-27-2005, 11:04 PM
But as far as this year goes, camping out is the best way to go.

Camping out is fun because everyone there is a HUGE sox fan and people bring grills, brews, radios, guitars, games, all kinds of stuff. Its like one big college party at comiskey, its actually really friggin cool!

LOL! I camped out overnight in 2003 and there were tons of people that were, for a lack of better description, white trash. It was during the week so most fans who had jobs actually went to their jobs that day. That mainly left the jobless to wait. Lee Elia would have been proud. There were many drunks in line and quite a few people who you could tell closed the bars that night and headed to the line. My idea of a good time is not hanging out all night with loudmouths and riff raff. The moron quotient was extremely, like many of those waiting in line, high.

Ol' No. 2
08-28-2005, 01:07 AM
I don't think camping out helps you out at all because, if I remember correctly, in 2000 they had a lottery system. They just handed out numbers and then picked a random number to start the line with. I know I only arrived at the park about 45 minutes before tickets went on sale and was still able to get tickets.You remember incorrectly.

ewokpelts
08-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Ticketmaster or box office tickets "cool" looking. :?:well, tm playoff tix do have special graphics....not as nice as the bigger st tix, but nice nonetheless...
gene

ewokpelts
08-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Unless you're a season ticket holder, camping out is the best option. They open EVERY TICKET WINDOW(46 i think) and move the crowd as quickly as possible.
Gene

BainesHOF
08-28-2005, 12:07 PM
They open EVERY TICKET WINDOW(46 i think) and move the crowd as quickly as possible.

This was not true the last time they sold playoff tickets in 2003. Only the windows facing 35th were open.

chisoxmike
08-28-2005, 08:09 PM
I still have my 4 playoff tickets from 2003 for Game 1 of the ALDS:whiner:

I sent my playoff ticket form on Aug 15 (they're due Aug 29)
I heard that Sept 10 or 17 is the public on-sale date.

steff
08-29-2005, 09:27 AM
well, tm playoff tix do have special graphics....not as nice as the bigger st tix, but nice nonetheless...
gene

I had no idea. Just thought they were black and white like usual.

Sad
08-29-2005, 10:11 AM
well, tm playoff tix do have special graphics....not as nice as the bigger st tix, but nice nonetheless...
gene

sure do... still have mine from '03 :whiner:
graphics feature a pitcher in the windup, MLB and SOX logos...

Taliesinrk
08-29-2005, 10:21 AM
So if they go on sale one series at a time, that means that World Series Tix wouldn't go on sale till someway through the ALDS or ALCS???

ewokpelts
08-29-2005, 11:39 AM
So if they go on sale one series at a time, that means that World Series Tix wouldn't go on sale till someway through the ALDS or ALCS???alcs tix will go on sale after they clinch the division....and ws tickets after they advance into the alcs
Gene

Soxfanspcu11
09-08-2005, 08:37 PM
You guys all know that the division series tickets go on sale on thursday september 15th at noon right?

But you cant buy them at Comiskey for some reason, i have no idea why!

But anyway mark your calenders!

THIS.IS.HOW.WE.DO.

Mots09
09-12-2005, 02:06 PM
I understand that they are going on sale at 12pm on Thursday, but is there a link to the page on ticketmaster to order off of?

Thanks

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2005, 02:30 PM
It should be on the official site once they're available.

Mots09
09-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Don't they usually have page up on Ticketmaster thought and it says "Tickets Currently Unavaliable" ?

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2005, 02:35 PM
Yes, they do; however, since these playoff tickets haven't been released yet, they won't be listed as "available."

Mots09
09-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Alright. I was just making sure that there wasn't a link yet because I wanted to bookmark it.

Do you think there will be a link off the schedule on Thursday?

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Alright. I was just making sure that there wasn't a link yet because I wanted to bookmark it.

Yes, it should be. Once the tickets are available for the general public, the official site provides it.

StillMissOzzie
09-12-2005, 02:43 PM

Correct me if you think I'm reading this wrong, but my understanding from the official website is that Ticketmaster will only be handling phone orders, and online orders will go through www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com)

SMO
:gulp:

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Correct me if you think I'm reading this wrong, but my understanding from the official website is that Ticketmaster will only be handling phone orders, and online orders will go through www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com/)

SMO
:gulp:

Whitesox.com goes through Ticketmaster for all ticket sales.

Mots09
09-12-2005, 02:45 PM
that's why i was wondering if Ticketmaster has put up a page yet to have bookmarked.

Sad
09-12-2005, 03:27 PM

probably a link from the SOX page but I kinda doubt it'd be off the schedule page as they don't know exact game dates yet...

usually sold as Game A, B, C etc. with dates and times announced later

HITMEN OF 77
09-12-2005, 05:50 PM
You can order online at whitesox.com I talked to a ticket rep today. If you call ticketmaster do you talk to an actual person or a computer?

Sox PA
09-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Here are the links to the ticketmaster web pages to order tickets to the division playoff games. Tickets go on sale at 12:00 noon (CST). It states that if you try to buy more than 4 tickets your order will be cancelled. Sounds like they mean business - actually it sounds like they are trying to help out as many Sox fans as they can. Don't know if you could place one order by phone and one by internet and end up with 8, but it's probably best to have another person with another credit card and address.

"Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card. "

Official Ticketmaster site. Chicago White Sox A.L. Division Home Game 1 tickets U.S. Cellular Field Chicago, IL (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04003B2CD72E6607?artistid=805917&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=10)

Official Ticketmaster site. Chicago White Sox A.L. Division Home Game 2 tickets U.S. Cellular Field Chicago, IL (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04003B2C0632285B?artistid=805917&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=10)

Official Ticketmaster site. Chicago White Sox A.L. Division Home Game 3 tickets U.S. Cellular Field Chicago, IL (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04003B2C075528BE?artistid=805917&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=10)

09/08/2005 3:28 PM ET - Official Press Release
Tickets for potential Division Series games at U.S. Cellular Field go on sale Thursday, Sept. 15 (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050908&content_id=1202269&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

Good Luck Everybody!

D. TODD
09-13-2005, 10:45 AM
I know the White Sox ticket booths will not have tickets, but can you go to a ticketmaster site and buy tickets, or will they only take internet & phone orders.

Sox PA
09-13-2005, 10:55 AM
According to the press release, no.

"Tickets will not be sold at ticket outlets or at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office."

D. TODD
09-13-2005, 10:59 AM
According to the press release, no.

"Tickets will not be sold at ticket outlets or at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office." Thanks, that will make it more difficult, but hopefully I will get through on the phone lines quickly.

downstairs
09-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Does anyone know if the limit is 4 per GAME or 4 tickets for the entire series?

Ol' No. 2
09-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Does anyone know if the limit is 4 per GAME or 4 tickets for the entire series?4 per game

mpshans
09-13-2005, 11:31 AM
Do we have any idea when these games will be played. Living in Michigan makes it a tad bit more difficult to get down there after work. (Not to mention trying to get to work the next day and not be a zombie) I know they say tues the 4th so what game 2 thurs the 6th? Any ideas

Sad
09-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Do we have any idea when these games will be played. Living in Michigan makes it a tad bit more difficult to get down there after work. (Not to mention trying to get to work the next day and not be a zombie) I know they say tues the 4th so what game 2 thurs the 6th? Any ideas
:?:
dunno...

... I hear ya on the zombie thing but as far as I'm concerned, I'm either going to a game:

a. after work
b. during work (errrrr I mean an offsite meeting :D: ) or,
c. on the weekend

perhaps all of the above :tongue: depending how things go...

tifosiv122
09-13-2005, 06:34 PM

I am coming from Michigan as well...Lansing, where are you coming from?

Erik

tifosiv122
09-13-2005, 07:08 PM
I've never been to a playoff game before...what happens if the game isn't played? Is your money refunded or are you SOL?

Thanks,
Erik

Ol' No. 2
09-13-2005, 07:11 PM
I've never been to a playoff game before...what happens if the game isn't played? Is your money refunded or are you SOL?

Thanks,
ErikRefund. You'll get a form with your tickets.

tifosiv122
09-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Refund. You'll get a form with your tickets.

Ok, thanks. I want to buy games 2 & 3, but 3 would fall on game 5 which might not be played.

If it wasn't for school i'd be at all three games.

Erik

Ol' No. 2
09-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Ok, thanks. I want to buy games 2 & 3, but 3 would fall on game 5 which might not be played.

If it wasn't for school i'd be at all three games.

ErikYou need to get your priorities straight, mister.:wink:

doublem23
09-13-2005, 07:40 PM
You need to get your priorities straight, mister.:wink:

Seriously. School will always be there, but the Sox are in the play-offs once every decade or so. :tongue:

tifosiv122
09-13-2005, 07:43 PM
I would, but my lawschool only allows 2 missed lectures before we are given the boot...I need to save one for the world series in Chicago ;)

Erik

Shammy Hater
09-14-2005, 12:09 AM
representing kalamazoo. this is my final year at school (which means i am going through absolute hell three weeks into the fall sem) but i'm getting playoff tix no matter what. because i might have to leave the midwest to further my career (at not the optimal salary), this might be the last sox game i see for a long time. arcade fire at the riv in two weeks, pale hose playoff baseball in october, i'll have no regrets.

"come on feel the ILLINOISE!"

tifosiv122
09-14-2005, 02:19 AM
I just got an e-mail that says the game will start on Tuesday the 4th...which kills me because I have classes Mon-Wed.

So then (I think):

Tuesday 4th - Game 1 (home)
Wednesday 5th - Game 2 (home)
Thursday 6th - Game 3 (away)
Friday 7th - Game 4 (away)*
Saturday 8th - Game 5 (home)*

*if needed

Grr...so its hope for game 5 or miss two classes and buy tickets for all three games...decisions, decisions.

Erik

Ol' No. 2
09-14-2005, 10:38 AM
I just got an e-mail that says the game will start on Tuesday the 4th...which kills me because I have classes Mon-Wed.

So then (I think):

*if needed

Grr...so its hope for game 5 or miss two classes and buy tickets for all three games...decisions, decisions.

ErikActually, I think Thursday may be a travel day.

Baby Fisk
09-14-2005, 10:41 AM

So then (I think):

*if needed

Erik
Was it an official e-mail?
IIRC, a division series is not scheduled for 5 days in a row.

mpshans
09-14-2005, 11:29 AM
I am coming from Michigan as well...Lansing, where are you coming from?

Erik

I am in Grand Rapids. It is not a bad drive from here down to the ball park. You need to add what like 45 min to an hour to get here from lansing. (sorry I have only been out of chicago a few years and don't go to lansing all that much). Hopefully my wife will be able to go with me but we shall see.

AGWSOX
09-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Long time lurker....first time poster

Does anyone know how the internet playoff ticket buying process works? Can you buy multiple games at once? Also, anyone have an idea on gametimes? Thanks

Baby Fisk
09-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Long time lurker....first time poster

Does anyone know how the internet playoff ticket buying process works? Can you buy multiple games at once? Also, anyone have an idea on gametimes? Thanks
The links cited earlier in this thread will be useful for online ticket buying.

Good luck and :welcome:

Mots09
09-14-2005, 01:32 PM
I thought game 5 if needed would be held on the that Sunday Oct 9th

No way a ALDS goes 5 games in 5 days.

nug0hs
09-14-2005, 02:17 PM
South Siders have the best record in the American League and are destined for their first postseason appearance since 2000. With that in mind, individual-game tickets for each of the three potential American League Division Series contests at U.S. Cellular Field go on sale Thursday at noon CT right here at WhiteSox.com (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/postseason/onsale.jsp).

The Division Series is slated to begin on Tuesday, Oct. 4, with the first two games of the series almost certainly to be in Chicago -- as well as a fifth game, if necessary.

Lower Deck Box tickets will cost $55 for the Division Series. Lower Deck Reserved/Bleachers/Upper Deck Box all run $40, and Upper Deck Reserved tickets are $30. There is a limit of four tickets per person, and tickets also can be purchased through TicketMaster by phone at 866-SOX-GAME and 312-559-1212. Tickets will not be sold at individual outlets or at the U.S. Cellular Field box office. Ticket information for potential American League Championship Series and World Series games will be announced at a later date.

As found @ http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050913&content_id=1208340&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Enjoy!

-nug

BainesHOF
09-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the newsflash.

BRDSR
09-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the newsflash.

Thanks for burning terribly painful, medium turquoise colored holes into my pupils.:wink:

UofCSoxFan
09-14-2005, 03:17 PM
From last year's format...and I think they've done this multiple times in the past so it is the same this year I think:

2 of the 4 Division Series:
Tues, Weds, Fri, Sat, Sun

1 Series:
Weds, Thurs, Sat, Sun, Mon

1 Series:
Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun, Mon

This way the stagger the games so there are 3 games on Tues and Weds (if you had 4 it would be difficult to put them all on tv). There are 2 scheduled for Thurs (game 2's of the respective series), 2 for Friday (possible clinching game 3's). 4 games on Sat and Sun are less of a problem b/c a) all series may not make it that far, and b) a noon or 1 o'clock start is not neraly as bad on a weekend then during the week.

here's a link to last year's format: http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/schedule/ps_04.jsp

mpshans
09-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Thanks for burning terribly painful, medium turquoise colored holes into my pupils.:wink:

:rolling: :kneeslap:

tifosiv122
09-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Was it an official e-mail?
IIRC, a division series is not scheduled for 5 days in a row.

The official email was just the starting day. I am almost positive that the NY/NY games played back to back...and that's also why I put (I think) in there, because I wasn't sure.

In my case the back to back Tues-Wed games are killing me because my classes are 6pm-9pm.

mpshans - yeah i've made the trip twice this year, takes about 3.5-4 hours depending on traffic and weather.

Erik

NardiWasHere
09-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Does anyone know when you can start waiting in line on Ticketmaster.Com? Does it start at noon or do they start accepting orders at noon? I've never ordered playoff tickets online before.... thanks.... i hope this hasn't been brought up, there has been a lot of posts about playoff tickets...

Brian26
09-14-2005, 10:19 PM
I'm fairly certain you can't "wait in line". They basically disable the link until exactly noon, and then it's fair game for everyone.

chisox83
09-14-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm fairly certain you can't "wait in line". They basically disable the link until exactly noon, and then it's fair game for everyone.

you are correct, sir!

mike squires
09-14-2005, 11:00 PM
i hope this hasn't been brought up, there has been a lot of posts about playoff tickets...

And that my friend...is a good thing!

soxwon
09-14-2005, 11:02 PM
MODS- Why dont you bunch up all these Playoff ticket threads into one big one.

That way it's easier to answer questions.
just a thought.