PDA

View Full Version : Next year: who to get rid of / add....

White Sox Randy
09-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Looking ahead to next year, I think the pitching staff looks great!

Get rid of Hernandez and Marte. Replace them with McCarthy and a veteran lefty. Hermanson and Jenks close.

Assuming the Reds are willing to trade Griffey:

The lineup - keep Dye, Rowand, A.J., Iguchi , Uribe (3B) and Gload (1B).

Spend the big bucks to sign Furcal and Matsui. Trade for Griffey.

Let Konerko ,Timo and Everett go. Trade Crede, Pods, Marte ,Hernandez and Harris.

Bench - keep Ozuna and Brian Anderson - add another utility guy like Ozuna (can play all 3 pos. and can run)

The DH will be a rotation with Dye, Griffey, Matsui and Anderson.

What do you think ? Increased team speed, better OBP, big LH bats, better leadoff hitter and keep the solid defense.

The dollars are the question. But, we can't compete with the big boys until we spend some big bucks for serious bats.

Pasqua's Posers
09-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Let Konerko ,Timo and Everett go. Trade Crede, Pods, Marte ,Hernandez and Harris.

What do you think ?

I think you should be working in agriculture...cuz what you are putting out will make the flowers grow.

Trade Pods? You are a genius...:pods:

"For what I bring to the table and you want to trade me?!?!?!"

Tekijawa
09-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Man! Does anyone have the number to the DEEP PINK Police department?

D. TODD
09-12-2005, 11:38 AM
The dollars are the question. But, we can't compete with the big boys until we spend some big bucks for serious bats.[/QUOTE] Correct me if I'm wrong, but having the best record in the American League with 20 games left, seems like we are competing very well with everyone.

Flight #24
09-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Is there a color for rampant insanity?

I vote for yellow, as in he's gone bananas. Plus if the whole post is in yellow, it's basically unreadable.....which is appropriate.

White Sox Randy
09-12-2005, 11:46 AM
If we sign Furcal, Pods becomes useless. Furcal is a better hitter and leadoff batter and he plays SS !

Then, we can get back to some power in LF.

I thought this was obvious.

White Sox Randy
09-12-2005, 11:48 AM
The dollars are the question. But, we can't compete with the big boys until we spend some big bucks for serious bats. Correct me if I'm wrong, but having the best record in the American League with 20 games left, seems like we are competing very well with everyone.[/QUOTE]

We are competing well with everyone ? We have a losing record since the All-Star break and I guess you are confident about whipping the Angels, A's, Red Sox and Cleveland/Yanks on the way to the World Series ?

We had one great first half of a season.

voodoochile
09-12-2005, 11:53 AM
We are competing well with everyone ? We have a losing record since the All-Star break and I guess you are confident about whipping the Angels, A's, Red Sox and Cleveland/Yanks on the way to the World Series ?

We had one great first half of a season.

And it looks like that is going to be enough to get us into the playoffs. What's your point?

Can we talk about next year... I don't know... maybe AFTER said playoffs?:rolleyes:

At least it's in a forum about crap...

Banix12
09-12-2005, 03:28 PM
I'm sure we all have thoughts on what this team should do in the offseason, however now is not the time for this.

As regards to your suggestions. I find it interesting how you essentially want to blow up most of the team after this season. and as for griffey, I don't want any part of him.

Stroker Ace
09-12-2005, 03:39 PM
1. Get rid of Willie Harris
2. Get a back of the rotation starter
3. Get a third baseman to replace Crede

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Trade hermanson, jenks, buehrle, garland, keep el duque, get girrfey, prior, andruw jones, keep crede, fire Coop, fire hawk, keep DJ, get damon & ortiz and trade mccarthy

PAPChiSox729
09-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Is there a color for rampant insanity?

I vote for yellow, as in he's gone bananas. Plus if the whole post is in yellow, it's basically unreadable.....which is appropriate.

Genius. I love it. now we just need 2 find a reason 2 dump burly.

chisoxmike
09-12-2005, 08:52 PM
And it looks like that is going to be enough to get us into the playoffs. What's your point?

Can we talk about next year... I don't know... maybe AFTER said playoffs?:rolleyes:

At least it's in a forum about crap...

Thank you. Let's focus on the rest of 2005, however far that takes us.

WE ALL KNOW after the season ends everybody on this board will be playing armchair GM until the 2006 season starts. Let's hold off on that madness for a month or so.