PDA

View Full Version : Dusty heading to Diamondbacks? ( NY Daily News )

Fenway
09-12-2005, 10:18 AM
Bill Madden as a rule has a good ear

Diamondbacks/Cubs: Although Arizona managing general partner Ken Kendrick gave manager Bob Melvin a vote of confidence a couple weeks ago, you have to believe the $109 million he spent on Troy Glaus, Shawn Green and Russ Ortiz combined with the D-Backs' flop in a winnable division will prompt a re-evaluation. Do not be surprised if D-Backs managing partner Jeffrey Moorad makes a pitch to the Cubs for his former client, Dusty Baker, who has one year at nearly $4 million left on his contract. If Baker should go, GM Jim Hendry has Grady Little waiting in the wings.:roflmao:

http://www.nydailynews.com/09-11-2005/sports/story/345183p-294707c.html

skobabe8
09-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Bill Madden as a rule has a good ear

Diamondbacks/Cubs: Although Arizona managing general partner Ken Kendrick gave manager Bob Melvin a vote of confidence a couple weeks ago, you have to believe the $109 million he spent on Troy Glaus, Shawn Green and Russ Ortiz combined with the D-Backs' flop in a winnable division will prompt a re-evaluation. Do not be surprised if D-Backs managing partner Jeffrey Moorad makes a pitch to the Cubs for his former client, Dusty Baker, who has one year at nearly $4 million left on his contract. If Baker should go, GM Jim Hendry has Grady Little waiting in the wings.:roflmao:

http://www.nydailynews.com/09-11-2005/sports/story/345183p-294707c.html

Bob Melvin got the dreaded 'vote of confidence?'

uh-oh.

LuvSox
09-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Oh no. I like the D-Backs. :whiner:

Fenway
09-12-2005, 12:07 PM

Gradygump will be a perfect manager for the semipro team on the North Side.

I almost feel sorry for Cubs fans

LuvSox
09-12-2005, 12:16 PM
Gradygump will be a perfect manager for the semipro team on the North Side.

I almost feel sorry for Cubs fans

You know more about him then we do obviously, but I was under the assumption he was a good baseball man.

Fenway
09-12-2005, 12:23 PM
You know more about him then we do obviously, but I was under the assumption he was a good baseball man.

Players loved him but he did things as a manager that drove people nuts.

Maybe in Chicago where the media is kinder he would be a good fit, but not in Boston.

It really hurt himself when he told reporters he was a big Yankees fan growing up in Texas and still liked the team.

What I will NEVER understand is why he left Pedro in Game 7 or for that matter start the 8th. Everybody knew Perdo started to lose it big time after 100 pitches.

10 days earlier he DID pull Pedro out of Game 5 against Oakland and never even gave Martinez a chance to plead his case.

In any event they had to fire him after that, I am not kidding when I say some fan might have shot him had he stayed.

MarySwiss
09-12-2005, 12:25 PM

Me too, but I'd believe anything with their current ownership. :(: