PDA

View Full Version : Is Simas gone or not?

cheeses_h_rice
12-03-2001, 04:12 PM
Boston's December 1 article on the Twins and the AL Central says that the Sox "lost" Bill Simas as a FA during the offseason.

Does anyone know what his contract status is? Do the Sox have an option on him? Did we have any official statement on what we wanted to do with him?

If Osuna sucks it up this year, we're gonna need Simas as a set-up guy. He was improving the more playing time he got, I think.

Jerry_Manuel
12-03-2001, 04:20 PM
He is a free agent if I am not mistaken.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-07-2001, 09:56 PM
Simas signed a two-year deal prior to the 2000 season. He's a free agent, and the Sox haven't shown much interest in re-signing him.

Daver
12-07-2001, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Simas signed a two-year deal prior to the 2000 season. He's a free agent, and the Sox haven't shown much interest in re-signing him.

Simas,among others was NOT offered abitration today,so you can probably consider him gone.

AsInWreck
12-10-2001, 06:55 PM
I read if fa not offered arbitration that club cannot resign player until may/that seems excessive to me but this fact according to cbs.sportsline

RedPinStripes
12-10-2001, 06:59 PM
Meet the new Billy Simas.

:osuna

RedPinStripes
12-10-2001, 07:00 PM
He says he's 28. What a crock of ****.

Daver
12-10-2001, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck
I read if fa not offered arbitration that club cannot resign player until may/that seems excessive to me but this fact according to cbs.sportsline
That is correct,and is a result of the agreement that brought baseball salary arbitration.Fay Vincent said at the time ,and has repeated more than once,that arbitration was the worst possible the owners could have done to themselves,and the results of salary arbitration is Bud commiting perjury in the State House to cover for the owners mistakes.

But then again what the hell do I know?

rmusacch
12-10-2001, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Meet the new Billy Simas.

:osuna

He actually looks like he could be 28 in that picture. Other pictures I have seen of him make him look much older.