PDA

View Full Version : INTERNET RUMOR: Marte Gone?

SoxWatch
09-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Take this for what it worth and consider the source but their is a thread at soxtalk that says Oz has booted Marte from the team. Dont know where this thread belongs but still quite interesting.

southsideirish71
09-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Take this for what it worth and consider the source but their is a thread at soxtalk that says Oz has booted Marte from the team. Dont know where this thread belongs but still quite interesting.

He is not gone.

He showed up late to the game, Ozzie gave him the day off.

He might be gone in the offseason. But why would you get rid of a lefty that you can certainly trade in the offseason for some talent.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Marte has been given a few days off to regain his confidence per the team.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050911&content_id=1205860&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

09/11/2005 4:30 PM ET
Notes: Marte 'lacking confidence'
Team says reliever trying to regain form vs. left-handed hitters
By Scott Merkin / MLB.com

CHICAGO - The official reason presented for Damaso Marte's absence from the three-game weekend series against the Angels was soreness in his neck. But the way pitching coach Don Cooper views the situation, the physical problem for Marte is only half the battle to be conquered.
Prior to Sunday's series finale, Ozzie Guillen said Marte would be unavailable for his fourth straight game and have Monday's off-day as a fifth day of rest. But Guillen then added Marte wasn't ready to go mentally.

Unregistered
09-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Marte has been given a few days off to regain his confidence per the team.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050911&content_id=1205860&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

09/11/2005 4:30 PM ET
Notes: Marte 'lacking confidence'
Team says reliever trying to regain form vs. left-handed hitters
By Scott Merkin / MLB.com

CHICAGO - The official reason presented for Damaso Marte's absence from the three-game weekend series against the Angels was soreness in his neck. But the way pitching coach Don Cooper views the situation, the physical problem for Marte is only half the battle to be conquered.
Prior to Sunday's series finale, Ozzie Guillen said Marte would be unavailable for his fourth straight game and have Monday's off-day as a fifth day of rest. But Guillen then added Marte wasn't ready to go mentally.
I smell a cover up. :?:

downstairs
09-11-2005, 07:10 PM

Meh. Who cares. He'd only see playoff time in a game we're winning 15-0 or losing 15-0.

Ol' No. 2
09-11-2005, 07:45 PM
I smell a cover up. :?:What are they covering up, that Marte has lost his effectiveness?

SOXSINCE'70
09-11-2005, 08:30 PM
What are they covering up, that Marte has lost his effectiveness?

A shoulder or elbow injury??

Unregistered
09-11-2005, 09:03 PM
What are they covering up, that Marte has lost his effectiveness?
Maybe that Ozzie and him had a falling out? Or they don't like his attitude? I'm just taking guesses. :dunno:

mr_genius
09-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Maybe that Ozzie and him had a falling out? Or they don't like his attitude? I'm just taking guesses. :dunno:

i think they might have. i thought Marte hit that 2nd guy on purpose his last game.

but i'm also crazy, so go figure

DickAllen72
09-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Meh. Who cares. He'd only see playoff time in a game we're winning 15-0 or losing 15-0.
Having a lefty in the bullpen is only useful if he can get LH hitters out. Marte seems as if he can no longer pitch to lefties.

That being the case, I'd rather keep McCarthy or an extra bench player on the playoff roster instead of Marte.

Ol' No. 2
09-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Maybe that Ozzie and him had a falling out? Or they don't like his attitude? I'm just taking guesses. :dunno:Ozzie has always said that if his pitchers don't feel right he expects them to tell him. If Marte was nursing a sore neck/shoulder/earlobe/whatever and he kept it to himself, I could see Ozzie banishing him to the doghouse. Unfortunately, Ozzie would rather die than go into the playoffs with only one lefty in the pen, and they don't have anything remotely good enough to put in his place if they DL him.

mandmandm
09-11-2005, 09:55 PM
This was a rare day where I could not follow the game(lucky me). I was listening late in the post game show and it was brought up that Marte showed up late today, was dismissed from suiting up, and could possibly face a club fine, according to Bruce Levine. Does anyone have any scoop on this? I was browsing through the threads and did not see any reference to this.

Locking up the razor blades,

MM

Ol' No. 2
09-11-2005, 09:59 PM
This was a rare day where I could not follow the game(lucky me). I was listening late in the post game show and it was brought up that Marte showed up late today, was dismissed from suiting up, and could possibly face a club fine, according to Bruce Levine. Does anyone have any scoop on this? I was browsing through the threads and did not see any reference to this.

Locking up the razor blades,

MMAs usual, Levineline is just stirring up ****.

ScottsdaleSoxFan
09-11-2005, 10:09 PM
They reported on XM Radio that Marte didn't show up for the game. If that's the case, I don't even want him in our system.

mandmandm
09-11-2005, 11:01 PM
As usual, Levineline is just stirring up ****.

Maybe I don't not post enough to understand the "WSI" protocal for posting but I would think that talk of clubhouse activity on the Sox flagship post game show that was not brought up anywhere else on the main "Sox Clubhouse" WSI site would not be bounced to a "Internet Rumor" thread. My post never stated that Marte was gone. I guess I will stick to observing the all-knowing WSI world as all questions are answered by the "Elders" on WSI. No ill will and I hope that we can all meet at a WS playoff game. Go Sox and I hope that 2005 will turn out as crossed my mind after today's loss. "Think positive!!!!!!!"

SouthSide_HitMen
09-11-2005, 11:25 PM
Maybe I don't not post enough to understand the "WSI" protocal for posting but I would think that talk of clubhouse activity on the Sox flagship post game show that was not brought up anywhere else on the main "Sox Clubhouse" WSI site would not be bounced to a "Internet Rumor" thread. My post never stated that Marte was gone. I guess I will stick to observing the all-knowing WSI world as all questions are answered by the "Elders" on WSI. No ill will and I hope that we can all meet at a WS playoff game. Go Sox and I hope that 2005 will turn out as crossed my mind after today's loss. "Think positive!!!!!!!"

Levine has no credibility - he is 0 for 100 in his "rumors".

The original post / thread had a link from some Sox blog saying Marte was kicked off the team.

The White Sox site said he has the weekend off. I assume the credible source - i.e. The White Sox website - has the facts. Levine has what the little boy shot at - nothing (as usual).

Fuller_Schettman
09-12-2005, 12:00 AM
I think Ozzie sent him up to Milwaukee to get harassed by El Caballo. You know- put the fear of God back into him....

Lip Man 1
09-12-2005, 01:36 AM
Story tonight in the Tribune on it. Ozzie doesn't appear to be pulling any punches.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050911soxbits,1,6099757.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Lip

SouthSide_HitMen
09-12-2005, 01:53 AM
I wonder if Timo Perez would receive the same treatment.:tongue:

santo=dorf
09-12-2005, 01:54 AM
"I have a rule on my team: If you're not on the [disabled list] and late, you're not going to be on my team," Guillen said after Sunday's 6-1 loss to the Los Angeles Angels. "I did it to Magglio Ordonez. I did it to Bobby Jenks."
When was Jenks benched before? I knew he was such a big clubhouse cancer!!!

White Sox Randy
09-12-2005, 08:52 AM
Marte has some kind of an attitude problem right now. It happens. Ozzie is giving him time off to get his head on straight.

Chances are that he will do just that and will pitch like he normally does the rest of the season.

Whether he is here next year or not is the question.