PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Day of the Living Dead 9/11/05 Postgame Thread

BeviBall!
09-11-2005, 04:43 PM
It's the ninth, but CBS News is projecting another loss at US Cellular.

We saw August extend for Hernandez (and hopefully his last start), the return of GIDPK (first DP in what seems a millennium for our co-player of the week) and the continuing slipshod play against playoff teams.

Day off tomorrow, then off to Kansas City as we are now in a divisional race for the first time since May 1.

Give it up for McCarthy. He has proven worthy of the 5th starter spot. And to Ozzie, please play the "A" starters all next week... and keep the same lineup as well.

Dice
09-11-2005, 04:44 PM
After tonight I think it might be time to panick. Cleveland is red hot and we got 6 games against them.

SABRSox
09-11-2005, 04:45 PM
They're still playing. Uribe just hit a HR... too early, man.

itsnotrequired
09-11-2005, 04:46 PM
They're still playing. Uribe just hit a HR... too early, man.

Too little, too late I'm afraid.

BeviBall!
09-11-2005, 04:47 PM
After tonight I think it might be time to panick. Cleveland is red hot and we got 6 games against them.

We'll get them at home... making the other 3 games moot.

dpbyron
This is killing me...

Foulke You
Craptacular performance. 1 run, 8 hits, UGH. My new name for our team the past several games is the "Stranded Sox".

Tonight, Go Carlos Silva, Go Twins. A 5 1/2 game lead will have me leaning over and glancing at that big red panic button.

Joosh
They're done now. But, with tomorrows Off-day, I think they'll be able to clear their heads and get back out there on Tuesday and do fine.

chisoxmike
:angry:

SouthSide_HitMen
09-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the rotation Brandon! Sox will come alive in KC and Minnesota and win 5 of 7 and then clinch it at home in front of the Greatest Fans in Baseball!!!

Enjoy your day off boys - it is your last until October 3.

SABRSox
Too little, too late I'm afraid.

Unfortunately, but it was enough to avoid the shutout. At least it's onto KC now. A lot of our hitters have funks to get out of (I'm looking at you, AJ.)

BeviBall!
The most aggrevating game of the season. Ozzie did all he could to light a fire under them by completing a full line change yesterday. How did they respond? Down 3-0 before you could stop swearing at Kyle Orton.

chisoxmike
09-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Unfortunately, but it was enough to avoid the shutout. At least it's onto KC now. A lot of our hitters have funks to get out of (I'm looking at you, AJ.)

...and Aaron, Jermaine, and Carl

Foulke You
09-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Yeah, A.J. has looked completely lost at the plate. Ditto Carl Everett. Those two absolutely have to get going for us to score more than 1 or 2 runs a game.

BeviBall!
09-11-2005, 04:51 PM

AJ, AR, JD, CE, TI and XYZ. Going on the road is the best medicine... they'll be playing in empty stadiums and clearing their heads.

SABRSox
09-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Yeah, A.J. has looked completely lost at the plate. Ditto Carl Everett. Those two absolutely have to get going for us to score more than 1 or 2 runs a game.

AJ was 0-11 in this series. These guys need to start hitting or teams will just pitch around Konerko. And we can't have that...

Rikirk
09-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Way to show up for the series guys...stellar work!

Go team!:angry:

*Sarcasm mode off*

Foulke You
09-11-2005, 04:55 PM
AJ was 0-11 in this series. These guys need to start hitting or teams will just pitch around Konerko. And we can't have that...
It was a tremendously awful 0 for 11 that AJ had too. I don't think he made solid contact once in this series. Most were weak grounders or liners to the right side of the infield. He also hit into a few DPs. Not good. Everett has been striking out a ton as well. Dye seems to only hit the ball on the road. Those are 3 of your big RBI guys.

We need them to turn it around fast. I hope KC will do the trick. However, we go up against Mike Wood in Game 1 and he flat out dominated us and only gave up a solo homer to Konerko last week. Perhaps the second time around, we'll get him.

ndu3t4
09-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Brandon McCarthy has pitched against Boston, Texas, and now Anaheim and has looked great. If that and the past three pitching performances have not been a good enough case for a 6-man rotation, I don't know what is. I hope we can start winning again against KC and the Twins. I'm not to worried about this recent four game schnide because a lot of it has looked bad because the toons are on a mission.

I'd really like to gain atleast two games (assuming Cleveland wins tonight) before we play the Indians.

MRKARNO
09-11-2005, 04:56 PM
If McCarthy is not in the rotation come next week, then Ozzie does not have a clue. It's that simple. El Duque is done. He has shined for some moments, but that's about it. It's time to stop deluding ourselves that he's going to magically turn it around come October. Meanwhile, we have a pitcher on our roster that has shown that he can shut down playoff teams and good offenses at home and on the road. That pitcher should have a playoff rotation spot until he proves he is unworthy of it. At least give him a regular rotation spot to see if he deserves that nod. If we were down 2-1 in a five game series on the road right now, I'd much rather have McCarthy out there than El Duque.

TomBradley72
09-11-2005, 04:57 PM
The most aggrevating game of the season. Ozzie did all he could to light a fire under them by completing a full line change yesterday. How did they respond? Down 3-0 before you could stop swearing at Kyle Orton.

So go the starters....so go the White Sox....4 losses in a row....4 mediocre starts in a row....with Buehrle and Garland blowing early leads..

So many hitters look plain out of gas: Iguchi, Everett, AJ, Rowand. The next week is Ozzie's ultimate test: he needs to right the ship....but he can't come across like he's hitting the panic button.

BeviBall!
09-11-2005, 04:58 PM
We need them to turn it around fast. I hope KC will do the trick. However, we go up against Mike Wood in Game 1 and he flat out dominated us and only gave up a solo homer to Konerko last week. Perhaps the second time around, we'll get him.

To hades with Wood and Howell! Fool us once, shame on us and you know how the rest goes. I think we clobber them ala Detroit.

chisoxmike
09-11-2005, 04:59 PM
To hades with Wood and Howell! Fool us once, shame on us and you know how the rest goes. I think we clobber them ala Detroit.

Hitters always have a better chance when they see the same pitcher for the second time in a week. We'll see what happens.

ndu3t4
09-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Just wondering, when was the last time we've seen our one-two punch at the top of the lineup with Pods and Guch. Those two were one of our main keys to winning in the first half and lately we've been seeing the top 1-2 being Ozuna-Iguchi, Pods-Ozuna, Harris-Iguchi, Pods-Harris.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-11-2005, 05:05 PM
If McCarthy is not in the rotation come next week, then Ozzie does not have a clue. It's that simple. El Duque is done. He has shined for some moments, but that's about it. It's time to stop deluding ourselves that he's going to magically turn it around come October. Meanwhile, we have a pitcher on our roster that has shown that he can shut down playoff teams and good offenses at home and on the road. That pitcher should have a playoff rotation spot until he proves he is unworthy of it. At least give him a regular rotation spot to see if he deserves that nod. If we were down 2-1 in a five game series on the road right now, I'd much rather have McCarthy out there than El Duque.

I don't think Hernandez will be in the playoff rotation. I do think he should remain in the regular season rotation going 6 man. Garland and Buehrle are tired and could use the rest. Hernandez has had a rough stretch (13 runs, 13 1/3 IP) but he hasn't been too bad before this run http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6019/gamelog

He is probably tired / hurt - he turns 36 (or more) in a month and he has tons of mileage on that arm. If he is OK go 6 man, if not go 5 and let him rest.

Parrothead
09-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Craptacular performance. 1 run, 8 hits, UGH.

That says it all. Making the playoffs let alone doing anything in them are looking grim. The big three need to get thier head out of thier ass. Ozzie has to do something, I don't what though. These guys look dead.

white sox bill
09-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Back to being the White Sux:(: !

Dan H
09-11-2005, 05:06 PM
I wasn't crazy about the Hernandez acquisition when it happened, and I like it less now. This guy reminds me of the number 5 spot in rotation last year when the Sox were lucky when the oppostion didn't score in double digits.

These offensive funks are getting scary. Everybody goes into a slump at once and the team begins looking like Kansas City.

The Sox cannot play from behind. They were winning in the beginning of the season because they were jumping out to early leads. The starting pitchers cannot give up three spots in the first and then expect to win. With the White Sox, it just isn't going to happen.

They need to right this ship right now. The lead isn't so big they can't blow it. And please, no more El Duque.

Joosh
09-11-2005, 05:07 PM
I think the answer to the Sox's El Duque problem is simple.

Shut him down. Give him a couple starts off, then stick him back in the rotation when he is rested. He just looks out of gas, we can't banish him from the playoff rotation after a couple of bad starts.

chisoxmike
09-11-2005, 05:08 PM
It's do or die starting Tuesday. The Sox control their own season. Don't fall apart. They've worked too hard, and played so well to wipe out. They know this, we know this, management knows this. GO SOX!

Malgar 12
09-11-2005, 05:10 PM
I think the answer to the Sox's El Duque problem is simple.

Shut him down. Give him a couple starts off, then stick him back in the rotation when he is rested. He just looks out of gas, we can't banish him from the playoff rotation after a couple of bad starts.

Why not? He's clearly the 5th best starter and you only need four in the playoffs! If you include McCarthy, he might be the 6th best starter.

Brian26
09-11-2005, 05:10 PM
I wasn't crazy about the Hernandez acquisition when it happened, and I like it less now. This guy reminds me of the number 5 spot in rotation last year when the Sox were lucky when the oppostion didn't score in double digits......

They need to right this ship right now. The lead isn't so big they can't blow it. And please, no more El Duque.

That's a bit unfair, though. Hernandez has been much, much better than the #5 blackhole we've had for the past 4 years. He pitched great at the beginning of the year. He simply looks tired right now. The best medicine might be to just shut him down for a couple of weeks. I can't complain about the acquisition though.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-11-2005, 05:11 PM
I wasn't crazy about the Hernandez acquisition when it happened, and I like it less now. This guy reminds me of the number 5 spot in rotation last year when the Sox were lucky when the oppostion didn't score in double digits.

That is a joke. He is 9-8 and the White Sox are 3-1 in his no decisions leaving them 12-9 with him as starter. I agree he may be tired and or hurt. But he was a great acquisition. He didn't cost us much and has stabilized our rotation.

DaveIsHere
09-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Thank the good lord for an off day, between the bears Debacle and the Sox I am ready to cry.

I gues tomorrow will give me time to change the oil on my cars or something.......

Cellview22
The whole team looks like they're sleep-walking. They look exhausted, like they won't win another game this season. Almost looks like a team that eats out at McDonalds at 2am in the morning... :o:

Thank God we play KC next.

If we blow this thing, and the Cubs miraculously take the Wild Card, I think I'll go into manic depression. I'd have to leave this city.

Brian26
Why not? He's clearly the 5th best starter and you only need four in the playoffs! If you include McCarthy, he might be the 6th best starter.

Even if we need him coming out of the bullpen, a rested, healthy El Duque is probably a better option than Viz, Marte, or maybe even Politte at this point. A good arm is a good arm...so get him ready. He could be a force in the playoffs, even coming out of the bullpen in a big situation.

LongLiveFisk
09-11-2005, 05:13 PM
the continuing slipshod play against playoff teams.

Which is irritating the crap out of me. We don't need to give the John Kruks and Jeff Brantleys of the world more reason to doubt our team (not that I give a damn what they think, but inevitably it'll be posted on this board!) :rolleyes:

Unregistered
09-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Making the playoffs let alone doing anything in them are looking grim.
OK, there's being a dark cloud and then there's being insane. Making the playoffs looks "grim"??? Even if Cleveland wins tonight, it's a 51/2 game lead. I'd sure as hell take our position over Cleveland, New York, Oakland, etc. ANY DAY. It's still a hell of a lot of ground for the Indians to make up and would take a pretty big collapse against some pretty crappy teams for us to not make the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Losing 3 games in a row should NOT send people into such a suicidal tailspin. Seriously, it's become hilariously predictable.

DaleJRFan
09-11-2005, 05:14 PM
That was brutal. Get men on base, then popup 3 times. :angry:

At least Gload got a hit... even Crede. But hey, the one good thing coming from today's game is that McCarthy has thrown well in 3 straight appearances against 3 of the toughest lineups in baseball. It's now safe to say he's the real deal.

:elduque:

"Someone show me to the bullpen, please."

SouthSide_HitMen
09-11-2005, 05:15 PM
If we blow this thing, and the Cubs miraculously take the Wild Card, I think I'll go into manic depression. I'd have to leave this city.

Is the Cubune experimenting with mindcontrol using subliminal messages in their cubpaper and WB / WGN broadcasts?

cubs are done. White Sox are in. Period.

Brian26
09-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Almost looks like a team that eats out at McDonalds at 2am in the morning... :o:

Terrific. The chick-scoping bench theory got shot down in flames as it justly should have, and now we've got the PK-latenight-scoping-McD's theory. :D:

Yes, the #2 value meal caused the 8th GIDP today.

Unregistered
09-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Is the Cubune experimenting with mindcontrol using subliminal messages in their cubpaper and WB / WGN broadcasts?

cubs are done. White Sox are in. Period.
Amen. We currently have a 6 game lead in our division with the best record in the league and the Cubs are 2 games under .500 and in 7th place in the wild card standings, 6 games back, and they're making the playoffs? And we're not? :rolling:

Sounds like some people have been hanging around Cubs fans too much...

mike squires
09-11-2005, 05:28 PM
I was so irritated by the 4th I went to the gym to work out for a good hour and 15 minutes. Luckily all the tv's had football on. Hopefully I won't be doing the same thing come playoff time. That is if we make it.

FielderJones
09-11-2005, 05:28 PM
This little skid has been more annoying than worrying to me. I enjoy seeing White Sox Baseball (tm) played in a league where roid sluggers have dominated the past few years. Manufacturing runs plus great pitching and defense equals entertaining baseball.

This day off should be a real day off. Ozzie should have these guys just hang out at home, relax, and decompress. It's just KC. They're our get-well card.

TaylorStSox
09-11-2005, 05:29 PM
This is the first time I've questioned Guillen's line up this year. What is Rowand doing hitting 3rd? Rowand makes Uribe look patient.

Parrothead
09-11-2005, 05:29 PM
OK, there's being a dark cloud and then there's being insane. Making the playoffs looks "grim"??? Even if Cleveland wins tonight, it's a 51/2 game lead. I'd sure as hell take our position over Cleveland, New York, Oakland, etc. ANY DAY. It's still a hell of a lot of ground for the Indians to make up and would take a pretty big collapse against some pretty crappy teams for us to not make the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Losing 3 games in a row should NOT send people into such a suicidal tailspin. Seriously, it's become hilariously predictable.

6 games against Cleveland gives me enough to worry about. If they take 5 of 6 which is entirely possible with the way the Sox have been playing the lead is less than 3 depending on what Cleveland does tonight. That is enough for me to hit the panic button.

TaylorStSox
09-11-2005, 05:30 PM
6 games against Cleveland gives me enough to worry about. If they take 5 of 6 which is entirely possible with the way the Sox have been playing the lead is less than 3 depending on what Cleveland does tonight. That is enough for me to hit the panic button.

lol.

You've probably been hitting the panic button all year. :rolleyes:

downstairs
09-11-2005, 05:30 PM
Boy.... reading this thread with the Bears postgame in the background is giving me headaches.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

No, the key is to win. If you lose, you're all goats. If you win, you've lived up to expectations.

A former 7-game winning streak is not an excuse for a 4-game losing streak.

Fake Chet Lemon
09-11-2005, 05:36 PM

We had the best record in baseball for most of the season. Now every National League division leader has a bigger lead than us. Limping into the playoffs sucks. Nothing hilarious about not being able to beat anyone at home except for Detroit, who has obviously quit.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-11-2005, 05:38 PM
We had the best record in baseball for most of the season. Now every National League division leader has a bigger lead than us. Limping into the playoffs sucks. Nothing hilarious about not being able to beat anyone at home except for Detroit, who has obviously quit.

Time sure is running out for Dark Clouds like you.

You're on my list FCL. When the Sox clinch, you're banned.

Enjoy what time you have left.

:cool:

Unregistered
09-11-2005, 05:48 PM
6 games against Cleveland gives me enough to worry about. If they take 5 of 6 which is entirely possible with the way the Sox have been playing the lead is less than 3 depending on what Cleveland does tonight. That is enough for me to hit the panic button.They had a crap series against a hot Angels team, but don't forget that they just got off an 7-game winning streak. Not to mention the Indians have been stomping on the bottom-feeders they've been playing lately, which will hopefully stop tonight. They Sox hit a tough patch this weekend, but 4 days ago everyone was talking about where the World Series victory parade should run through.

It will take a collapse of unreal proportions for the Sox to blow this. They're too good and there's too few games left for it to happen. They are NOT going to lose all 6 games to the Indians. It won't happen. At worst, they'll play .500 ball and win the division by only a few games - which is not a good way to play going into the playoffs, but like everyone says: Once we get there, anything can happen.

This team isn't like our old Sox teams. They're strange and surprising and win games we thought they had no business winning. As up and down as this second half has been, I'll still take my chances with this group - and I think we'll see a more successful playoff run than we have in a long time.

Lip Man 1
09-11-2005, 05:49 PM
All I'll say is that it's now a race since six games remain with Cleveland and they could be 5 1/2 back after tonight. God I hate giving people like Jeff Brantley the chance to say 'told you so...'

There's something missing from this team and I don't mean the fact that they aren't winning at a .750 clip like they did the first two and a half months, that's impossible to maintain unless you are a team like the 27 Yanks or the 75 Reds.

I can't pin it down, call it swagger, call it arrogance or confidence but they aren't the same since that Oakland series right before the All Star Break. Maybe that series broke their balloon or something.

Since then they have had spurts but like I said, they are incomplete right now.

All we can do is sit back, watch, and hope the baseball gods don't decide to have a major laugh at our expense with only three weeks remaining on what has been so far a wonderful season.

Lip

Lip Man 1
09-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Unregistered:

I sincerely hope you are right about the playoff part. Regarding your comment on still taking your chances with them, well....it's not like we can change players right now can we? LOL. :smile:

Lip

Unregistered
09-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Unregistered:

I sincerely hope you are right about the playoff part. Regarding your comment on still taking your chances with them, well....it's not like we can change players right now can we? LOL. :smile:

Lip
Well, sort of. I'm sure Joltin' Joe Borchard would love to have a shot at being a hero in the playoffs.
:LTP
"Seriously, I'm ready this time!"

Fuller_Schettman
09-11-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm not worried at all about the division race. Take your rearview mirrors off and toss 'em!

But we do seem to have become a very streaky team. The only concern I have is which streak will we see in October...

SoxEd
09-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Is the real reason we lost this series to the Los Angeles Angels of the Anaheim Area of America the fact that they play in the AL West?

I mean, just look at the stats ('cause they'll tell you all you need to know; you just ask any FOBB):

Opponent EAST CENT WEST NL
Chicago 20-13 40-14 15-22 12-6

If this were Cubsinteractive.com, I'd be announcing the discovery of another 'Curse'.
Actually, no, I wouldn't have to, as the Media would already have done it for me.

In all seriousness though, given that we beat all other opponents on about a 2-1 basis, how come this team is so craptacular against the AL West?

Do we always use experimental lineups when we play AL West teams or something?

Or, are our bats scared when we play them, and do we now need to abandon Jobu?

BeviBall!
09-11-2005, 06:06 PM
0-4 since the Red Cross logo went on the batting helmets.

Get 'em off!!!

downstairs
09-11-2005, 06:09 PM
0-4 since the Red Cross logo went on the batting helmets.

Get 'em off!!!

Also 0-4 since they started playing like crap.

I suggest they stop that as well.

TaylorStSox
09-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Also 0-4 since they started playing like crap.

I suggest they stop that as well.

We're actually 1-4 since we started "playing like crap."

Lip Man 1
09-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Sox Ed:

Perhaps because of the possibility that the teams in the A.L. Central, despite the hype of some, still actually stink especially when you compare them to the Angels, Red Sox and Yankees. (I'm still not sure if you can put the A's into that class...)

Frankly that's part of the reason the Sox haven't gotten their due. Beating up the Tigers and Royals is one thing...going 8-2 against say the Angels or Red Sox quite another. That's the type of thing that gets noticed.

I think it was Nellie Fox in another thread that made a sage comment. It went along the lines of 'the Sox haven't won a playoff series since 1917. What have they done since then to deserve any respect?'

I'm still sure they make the playoffs, but like Fuller I do not have the same confidence in what happens in them, certainly not like I did back in mid June for example.

Nothing I can do about it but sit back, watch, and hope...

Lip

John Barrett
09-11-2005, 06:13 PM
funny how the "corpse Ball" sig is gone..... If they don't get thier head out of there asses it will be a very short post-seasron... ala' '00:angry:

downstairs
09-11-2005, 06:15 PM
We're actually 1-4 since we started "playing like crap."

Well, I'm a "proof is in the pudding" kind of guy. A 1-0 win in all good in my book.

TaylorStSox
09-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Well, I'm a "proof is in the pudding" kind of guy. A 1-0 win in all good in my book.

I should have used teal. I meant that in a mocking manner. :redneck

Parrothead
09-11-2005, 06:29 PM
lol.

You've probably been hitting the panic button all year. :rolleyes:

My hand had been hovering over it all year.

slavko
09-11-2005, 06:43 PM
AJ, AR, JD, CE, TI and XYZ. Going on the road is the best medicine... they'll be playing in empty stadiums and clearing their heads.

Waitaminute. This sounds like a sneaky way to make an attendance post.

SoxEd
09-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Sox Ed:
I'm still sure they make the playoffs, but like Fuller I do not have the same confidence in what happens in them, certainly not like I did back in mid June for example.

Nothing I can do about it but sit back, watch, and hope...

Lip

Back in March, I predicted (elsewhere) that we'd win the Central, and that I hoped we'd get to the ALCS, but didn't think we'd make the WS.

By July, I had become decidedly more oprimistic.

Right now, it seems to me that following the Sox is like following the England Cricket team (please bear with me on this...) -

After years of mediocrity, England have beaten almost every other team in the world recently, with the exception of one - the peerless-for-fifteen-years, World Champion, Australian team.

This summer, England have outplayed them in three of the four Test Matches, but have only managed to win two of the games and lose one.
Superiority in each game has flipped and flopped on an almost hourly basis all summer long.
For the spectators, it has absolutely been Stress City since Day One.

The Fifth (and final) Test concludes tomorrow.
If we win the game or draw it, we win back 'the Ashes' for the first time since 1986/7 - a bloody long time by anyone's standards, but particularly against the Old Enemy.
If Australia win the game, they retain the trophy for another two years.

Our sporting summer now comes down to one last incredibly fractious day (in a series of five 5-day-long games) of totally intense gutwrenching drama, with no doubt some more twists and turns before it's done.

For me, the similarity is that the Sox, like England, seem intent on making their fans use up every last millimetre of fingernail this year, after looking utterly dominant for long parts of the season.

Whatever happens (for the Sox as well as for England), it's been fantastic entertainment, full of highs and with a few worrying lows thrown in - and, as a fan of baseball, would you have it any other way? - and it still remains to be seen whether this team can go all the way and claim the title of being the Best Team in the World.

I agree that the Sox make October, but how far will they go? Can we overcome our previous hiccoughs against the other Playoff-Calibre teams?
(That's why they play the games I guess, and also what makes them so fascinating...)

To borrow a phrase from the old Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In show, I reckon October is going to get Very Interesting.

wassagstdu
09-11-2005, 07:00 PM
There's something missing from this team and I don't mean the fact that they aren't winning at a .750 clip like they did the first two and a half months, that's impossible to maintain unless you are a team like the 27 Yanks or the 75 Reds.

I can't pin it down, call it swagger, call it arrogance or confidence but they aren't the same since that Oakland series right before the All Star Break. Maybe that series broke their balloon or something.
When exactly did Podsednik hurt his leg? Right after the break I started seeing "CS" in the box scores instead of "SB", and from that point on the Sox became a .500 team. Pitchers weren't starting off with 1-2 run leads every game and maybe that made the difference.

woodenleg
09-11-2005, 07:04 PM
I was there today. Godawful hot.

It was pretty clear early on where things were going. I was having a flashback to 2003 with that homer in the ninth.

I'll say this much for the fans - the atmosphere at the park was pretty lighthearted, they seemed to be taking it well. I mean, it was sort of comical. No point in whining about it right now...we're still closer than we've been in a while.

harwar
09-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Listen,things are tough right now but when you are in real trouble you don't start crying and complaining,you fight back and never give up.
Damn it,i was at the game and i can barely walk but i've got more life than some of the people i saw out there today.
We need to back this team 110% until there is no need to do so.
There is no panic button,there is only guts and determination.
These guys(our White Sox),look bad right now,but WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS,and once we get into the big dance there is no telling how far this talented team might go.

dannycater
09-11-2005, 07:09 PM
All I'll say is that it's now a race since six games remain with Cleveland and they could be 5 1/2 back after tonight. God I hate giving people like Jeff Brantley the chance to say 'told you so...'

Lip

Bill Melton said it best a couple of weeks ago...the other teams have simply gotten better....they've fine tuned their rosters, gotten rid of dead weight, added players at the deadline...

the Sox didn't want to mess with the chemistry and basically lost Big Hurt but added Jeff Blum...

I think the Sox are basically playing down to the level where their true talent lies with the rest of the league...Even if they have to battle it out for the wildcard the last week of the season, if you would have predicted that end of season outcome back in March, most of us would have said "yeah, I'll take it"...

SOXSINCE'70
09-11-2005, 07:19 PM

Carl Everett,Carl Everett,where for art thou offense,
Mr.Everett?? Wasn't in the lineup today,but man,oh man,
this team needs something.

This Corpseball mode is killing me!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

:ohno
"Aw crap,not again!!Another loss!!"

SOXSINCE'70
09-11-2005, 07:25 PM
I was there today. Godawful hot.

It's been "Godawful hot" before.Remember the last Blow Sawx game
at home??They won that game.Humidity is a horrible thing for all parties.
I've sat in the BSB because of the heat. My seats were in the left
field bleachers.No way i'm sitting in the baking sun when it feels like
115 degrees out there.Hope you brought enough water.Once had a
friend get dehydrated during a game as I sat by unaware
of what had happened;not a fun feeling.

JUribe1989
09-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Yeah, we need to stop talking about an early exit from the playoffs and start talking about just making the playoffs. The Indians execute and are the best team in the league now. It's time to get worried. It's only a 5.5 lead seeing as the Twins can't score and the Indians are currently up 4-0 in the first.

BeviBall!
09-11-2005, 07:31 PM
And in a shocking turn of events... the Jndians lead Minnecrapolis 4-0 in the 1st.

5.5 :(:

BeviBall!
09-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Yeah, we need to stop talking about an early exit from the playoffs and start talking about just making the playoffs. The Indians execute and are the best team in the league now.

Cleveland has been the best team in baseball for a month and a half. I think we'll see a sense of urgency on Tuesday.

SOXSINCE'70
09-11-2005, 07:34 PM
And in a shocking turn of events... the Jndians lead Minnecrapolis 4-0 in the 1st.

They've also hit for the cycle in that inning.:(:

BeviBall!
09-11-2005, 07:36 PM
They've also hit for the cycle in that inning.:(:

If the Sox can't feel them breathing down our neck, we've got bigger problems than we thought. I expect nothing less than a sweep of KC and 2 of 3 from Minny. If not, the 19-21 series is going to be maddening.

peeonwrigley
09-11-2005, 07:58 PM
If the Sox can't feel them breathing down our neck, we've got bigger problems than we thought. I expect nothing less than a sweep of KC and 2 of 3 from Minny. If not, the 19-21 series is going to be maddening.

Yep

ChiSoxGirl
09-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Another game attended by ChiSoxGirl... another loss! :angry: I haven't seen this team win since July 5! :whiner: :angry:

The two highlights of my day were running into DumpJerry (very nice guy) and chatting with him for awhile about Core of the Core Night & WSI before the game, and my seats in 141 behind the Sox dugout. Other than that, not much to speak of that anyone hasn't said already.

The off day should do everyone some good tomorrow, as it seems we'll have NOTHING to be happy about since Minnesota is currently laying an egg in Cleveland. :whiner:

JUribe1989
09-11-2005, 08:06 PM
I really hope Ozzie reiterates to this team how well they need to start playing. And if these guys aren't going to care bench them. We need to start playing good baseball again.

Viva Medias B's
09-11-2005, 08:12 PM
I'm not convinced that we'll sweep KC. We had trouble with them last week at home, and they seemed to have our number when we were out there the previous time. Minnesota may have been Cleveland's you know what this weekend, but you cannot assume they will be our you know what when we face them in the Hump Dome.

Call me a dark cloud all you want; I am being a realist here. Our head-to-head games against Cleveland will decide who wins this division. Lately, Cleveland has been playing like they want it. Meanwhile, we've been flat and going through the motions as if we don't care. This weekend, we were Anaheim's you know what. I know we did well against them earlier in the year, but they are much hungrier now. If we don't wake up and start having the fire now (and don't just assume they will), Cleveland will do to us that they did to Minnesota this weekend.

I do not know if we will blow this. I will tell you that I am much less confident that I was weeks ago. I'm sorry, but if we go on to blow this, it would be the single worst moment in White Sox history in my lifetime. Not even the strike shortened season of 1994, which wrecked our franchise in the years that followed, would be as painful as this.

JUribe1989
09-11-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm not convinced that we'll sweep KC. We had trouble with them last week at home, and they seemed to have our number when we were out there the previous time. Minnesota may have been Cleveland's you know what this weekend, but you cannot assume they will be our you know what when we face them in the Hump Dome.

Call me a dark cloud all you want; I am being a realist here. Our head-to-head games against Cleveland will decide who wins this division. Lately, Cleveland has been playing like they want it. Meanwhile, we've been flat and going through the motions as if we don't care. This weekend, we were Anaheim's you know what. I know we did well against them earlier in the year, but they are much hungrier now. If we don't wake up and start having the fire now (and don't just assume they will), Cleveland will do to us that they did to Minnesota this weekend.

I do not know if we will blow this. I will tell you that I am much less confident that I was weeks ago. I'm sorry, but if we go on to blow this, it would be the single worst moment in White Sox history in my lifetime. Not even the strike shortened season of 1994, which wrecked our franchise in the years that followed, would be as painful as this.

You are no dark cloud, you are a realist. I wish some more people had the same way of thinking. It is time to get worried. This team played awful this weekend. And if they keep playing like that, they aren't going to make the playoffs.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Call me a dark cloud all you want; I am being a realist here. Our head-to-head games against Cleveland will decide who wins this division. Lately, Cleveland has been playing like they want it. Meanwhile, we've been flat and going through the motions as if we don't care. This weekend, we were Anaheim's you know what. I know we did well against them earlier in the year, but they are much hungrier now. If we don't wake up and start having the fire now (and don't just assume they will), Cleveland will do to us that they did to Minnesota this weekend...

You're not a Dark Cloud. You're a certified lunatic after every Sox loss as anyone who has read your post-loss comments the last four years knows too well.

When the Sox clinch, you're banned through the playoffs.

Can't buck up in tough times, don't expect us to share the glory with you either.

NSSoxFan
09-11-2005, 08:25 PM
You are no dark cloud, you are a realist. I wish some more people had the same way of thinking. It is time to get worried. This team played awful this weekend. And if they keep playing like that, they aren't going to make the playoffs.

You two are lunatics, not dark clouds just like PHG said. My favorite is reading your posts that contain the words 'I'm so scared'. Oh, you're scared? Poor baby!

pczarapa
09-11-2005, 08:28 PM
All I have to say is Cleveland still has an uphill battle. They are not going to win the rest of their games and we will not lose the rest of ours. Bad series, but we seem to always play horribly against the west coast. We need to change that during the playoffs. We need to get healthy again vs. the Royals and get the pieces back together.

DickAllen72
09-11-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm still 100% certain we're going to win this division.

As for the playoffs, we're only going as far as our pitching takes us. If our guys shut down the playoff opponents, we'll win. If they pitch the way they have been pitching the past week, we're not good enough to slug it out with playoff caliber teams.

Let's hope our pitchers are sharp for the playoffs, and Podsednick gets his base stealing groove back. If so, we'll go very far. If not, we're in big trouble.

SoxSpeed22
09-11-2005, 08:38 PM
ATTENTION WEATHER!
get cold already. We suck when it's very hot. And we're good when it's cold. Lousy global warming.:mad:

EDIT: Are there any splits for when the temperature is 80+ degrees?

greenpeach
09-11-2005, 08:38 PM

All we can do is sit back, watch, and hope the baseball gods don't decide to have a major laugh at our expense with only three weeks remaining on what has been so far a wonderful season.

Lip

The team is tired that's all. The lack of quality depth & unfortunate injuries have hurt the Sox since the All-Star break. In addition, the Indians have a much easier second-half schedule & their pitching has finally come around.

BeviBall!
09-11-2005, 08:40 PM
These things need to happen:

1) Sense of urgency. Not sure what else can be done to instill this in the Sox. Between Guillen's substitutions and Cleveland's charge, we need to see the Sox beat the teams they should beat.

2) Get the "A" lineup out there every game. I have noticed that Cleveland sends out the same damn lineup everyday and they're not tiring, they're rolling and gelling. Like we did in April and May.

3) Get aggressive. There was a time where we lead the ML in steals by a wide margin. Now we trail two other teams by a wider margin.

4) The starting pitchers need to pony up. Just because you can't win the Cy doesn't mean you can't win games.

5) Have fun. Stop pressing and play the way you did to start the season. Remember, it's the Central the rest of the way. We're 40-14 vs. the Central.

JB98
09-11-2005, 08:43 PM
I've been to the Cell the last two days and seen back-to-back five-run losses. Talk about a waste of $44. :angry:

My observations from the weekend:
1. Crede has looked good the first two games back. He's gotten a few hits. His throws from third have been on the mark, which suggests the finger injury is a non-factor. I think the time off was good for him mentally. Hopefully, his batteries are recharged for the playoff drive.
2. Count me on the McCarthy-for-fifth-starter bandwagon. He's hot. El Duque is not. I'm one who likes to ride the hot hand.
3. We are getting runners on base with no problem, and but we are not getting them in. We were 0-for-forever with RISP today. It seems the guys are squeezing the sawdust out of the bats in RBI situations. Maybe the squirming by us fans and the media is putting extra pressure on the players. Maybe they are just tired. Either way, I think it will be therapeutic for the team to have an off day and get out of Chicago for a week.
4. I see a winning road trip in our future.

That's all I got. Go get 'em Tuesday, boys. It's time to stop screwing around and put this division away once and for all.

Dan H
09-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Seeing a 15 game lead shrink to 5 1/2 is not good no matter what optimisits say. With only 20 games left, the Sox should be hitting their stride not going into another slump. As far as any glory goes, let the Sox win one post season game at home first and then we can hope for the glory.

As a fan I am taking one thing at time. Clinch the division, win that post season home game, and then go from there. Meanwhile the Sox should treat winning the division as a task to be completed, not something to be taken for granted.

kittle42
09-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Bill Melton said it best a couple of weeks ago...the other teams have simply gotten better....they've fine tuned their rosters, gotten rid of dead weight, added players at the deadline...

the Sox didn't want to mess with the chemistry and basically lost Big Hurt but added Jeff Blum...

I think the Sox are basically playing down to the level where their true talent lies with the rest of the league...Even if they have to battle it out for the wildcard the last week of the season, if you would have predicted that end of season outcome back in March, most of us would have said "yeah, I'll take it"...

Bill Melton has been dead on in his criticism. He'd get banned here.

NSSoxFan
09-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Bill Melton has been dead on in his criticism. He'd get banned here.

No, Bill Melton would not get banned here because he actually is intelligent enough to explain WHY he feels a certain way. There is a HUGE difference between a typical lunatic and someone who articulates his point like Melton.

JB98
09-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Seeing a 15 game lead shrink to 5 1/2 is not good no matter what optimisits say. With only 20 games left, the Sox should be hitting their stride not going into another slump. As far as any glory goes, let the Sox win one post season game at home first and then we can hope for the glory.

As a fan I am taking one thing at time. Clinch the division, win that post season home game, and then go from there. Meanwhile the Sox should treat winning the division as a task to be completed, not something to be taken for granted.

I'm certainly concerned about the streaky nature of our play as of late. The good news is, I think there is another winning streak in us, and one more hot stretch is all we need to put this away.

I would like to see Ozzie stop tinkering with the lineup. Let's start riding the horses who got us to this point. I do not want to see Willie Harris, Timo Perez, Ross Gload or Geoff Blum for a week. Let's play the 'A' team. Let's wrap this up. There will plenty of at-bats for our reserves after we clinch.

hawkeyesox17
09-11-2005, 09:07 PM
http://keub55.free.fr/Eric_Cartman.gif

"Alright guys, this is seriously starting to piss me off!"

Brian26
09-11-2005, 09:33 PM

Is this our smallest lead since May?

I think we're going to hang on and win this thing with only two weeks left, but it sure as hell is going to be an interesting ride.

Lip Man 1
09-11-2005, 09:57 PM
This and that:

Brian....you are right it'll be interesting. Something that no one would have thought likely just a month ago.

Greenpeach...I enjoy Bill's comments a lot and I usually agree with him but in this case I don't. Who has helped themselves trade wise? I didn't see the Yankees go out and get a big name (sorry...Chacon and Nomo need not apply...) Boston got Tony G. whom the Sox certainly could have used but he's not going to be a difference maker in the post season. Neither Oakland nor the Angels got anybody either.

Now that doesn't mean I'm saying the Sox should have 'stood pat' either but as Williams said you can't force another team to make a deal. The only thing I'd question is, if this is true, that the Sox according to Bruce Levine, had deals for both Graffinino and Joe Randa only to see them torpedoed at the last moment. I'd like to know if that is true, why they went South. Couldn't the ante have been raised?

I do agree on the bench not being worth much but again given the limitations of other teams not wanting to deal and the Sox own payroll limitations, I don't see how that could have been changed.

I also agree with JB98 that Ozzie needs to stick with a damn lineup. He's getting as bad as Manager Gandhi. I don't buy this 'they are tired' stuff. I understand how big a grind it is, believe me, playing 162 games is unimaginable to me, but these are professional athletes in tremendous physical condition and very well paid for their troubles. If they could play 150 games a season forty years ago, why can't they do it now? When they are better athletes and in better condition?

I guess the Sox just can't stand prosperity. LOL Well we'll see what happens (although I can only imagine what some Cub fans and Cub media are getting ready to start doing...)

Lip

Ol' No. 2
09-11-2005, 10:00 PM
This and that:

Brian....you are right it'll be interesting. Something that no one would have thought likely just a month ago.

Greenpeach...I enjoy Bill's comments a lot and I usually agree with him but in this case I don't. Who has helped themselves trade wise? I didn't see the Yankees go out and get a big name (sorry...Chacon and Nomo need not apply...) Boston got Tony G. whom the Sox certainly could have used but he's not going to be a difference maker in the post season. Neither Oakland nor the Angels got anybody either.

Now that doesn't mean I'm saying the Sox should have 'stood pat' either but as Williams said you can't force another team to make a deal. The only thing I'd question is, if this is true, that the Sox according to Bruce Levine, had deals for both Graffinino and Joe Randa only to see them torpedoed at the last moment. I'd like to know if that is true, why they went South. Couldn't the ante have been raised?

I do agree on the bench not being worth much but again given the limitations of other teams not wanting to deal and the Sox own payroll limitations, I don't see how that could have been changed.

I also agree with JB98 that Ozzie needs to stick with a damn lineup. He's getting as bad as Manager Gandhi. I don't buy this 'they are tired' stuff. I understand how big a grind it is, believe me, playing 162 games is unimaginable to me, but these are professional athletes in tremendous physical condition and very well paid for their troubles. If they could play 150 games a season forty years ago, why can't they do it now? When they are better athletes and in better condition?

I guess the Sox just can't stand prosperity. LOL Well we'll see what happens (although I can only imagine what some Cub fans and Cub media are getting ready to start doing...)

LipYou're completely missing the point on resting players. They COULD play all 162 games. But they'd be at a big disadvantage compared to other players who had been properly rested. Also, it's important to give the bench players playing time. You never know when you're going to need them and it won't help if they haven't played.

Jurr
09-11-2005, 10:02 PM
This and that:

Lip
Lip...no worries, brother.
We're back to playing in the division, and we're not leaving for a while. Let the Cubs fans tune in to a team that "closes the deal."

TaylorStSox
09-11-2005, 10:06 PM
You're completely missing the point on resting players. They COULD play all 162 games. But they'd be at a big disadvantage compared to other players who had been properly rested. Also, it's important to give the bench players playing time. You never know when you're going to need them and it won't help if they haven't played.

Don't forget that we've had to work harder to get our wins than any other team. We've had a handful of blow outs and we've been blown out a handful of times. It's going to wear on guys, especially the pitchers.

Jurr
09-11-2005, 10:07 PM
You're completely missing the point on resting players. They COULD play all 162 games. But they'd be at a big disadvantage compared to other players who had been properly rested. Also, it's important to give the bench players playing time. You never know when you're going to need them and it won't help if they haven't played.
I think those days are just about over, though. The Sox are going to need to get into playoff mode now, which is the best possible scenario imaginable. The role players have been getting a lot of playing time lately, and now it's time to shelf them.
I do agree with what you said. We may need a big AB from Timo, Gload, or one of the guys during the playoffs. The time they've gotten has been beneficial.

Ol' No. 2
09-11-2005, 10:11 PM
I think those days are just about over, though. The Sox are going to need to get into playoff mode now, which is the best possible scenario imaginable. The role players have been getting a lot of playing time lately, and now it's time to shelf them.
I do agree with what you said. We may need a big AB from Timo, Gload, or one of the guys during the playoffs. The time they've gotten has been beneficial.I'll make one small disagreement. NEXT WEEK is when they're going to have to have all hands on deck. Those three games with the Toons have now taken on a lot more significance. I'd also like to see the starters get an extra day of rest between now and then. This is the time to start the 6-man rotation. I don't even care if they have to start Hernandez against the Twins. They need their 3 best starters against the Tribe and they need them rested.

ScottsdaleSoxFan
09-11-2005, 10:16 PM
I'm certainly concerned about the streaky nature of our play as of late. The good news is, I think there is another winning streak in us, and one more hot stretch is all we need to put this away.

I would like to see Ozzie stop tinkering with the lineup. Let's start riding the horses who got us to this point. I do not want to see Willie Harris, Timo Perez, Ross Gload or Geoff Blum for a week. Let's play the 'A' team. Let's wrap this up. There will plenty of at-bats for our reserves after we clinch.

I only don't want to see Blum out of those. I kind of feel that was a waste of an acquisition. I do want to see the A-lineup all week though. This week is crunch time.

skobabe8
09-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Missed most of the game because of work. By reading these posts, it was a blessing.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-11-2005, 10:23 PM
That was the worst sox game i've ever been to, besides the time johan santana almost NO-hit us.

slavko
09-11-2005, 11:01 PM
That season-ending series at Cleveland is going to be something, if either or both teams are still in the chase at that time. Judging by the Twins/Indians telecast tonight, the Jake is full of people and jumping with excitement.

dannycater
09-11-2005, 11:05 PM

Melton wasn't really referring to trades as much in his comment as he was about teams fine tuning their bench, pitching staff, bullpen, etc...

so I don't think it was really a slam at KWilliams, it was a comment concerning teams that played better in the second half, like the A's, Indians, Angels, to name a few....

Fuller_Schettman
09-11-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm one who likes to ride the hot hand.

Mod edit- What was the point of that?

Lip Man 1
09-12-2005, 12:25 AM
No.2:

I guess philosophically we just disagree. I myself would prefer a 'tired' Konerko, Dye, A.J. or Iguchi then a 'well rested' Widger, Harris, Perez or Blum.

There's a reason those guys are career back up's and that's not a slam by the way. They were given the talent to make the major leagues but not enough to play every day. There's no shame in that, a team needs all types to be successful just as in real life the world has doctors, lawyers, teachers and scientists working side by side with ditch diggers, hamburger flippers and Cub fans.

I just think that Ozzie has been using them to much considering come October, barring injuries, they probably aren't going to be used at all. And the point about Cleveland is valid, they don't seem to be tired do they?

Lip

kitekrazy
09-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Over the past few years the teams that had no pressure getting into the playoffs don't last very long.

This season it's great to be a Sox fan because your focus is on baseball in mid September. I can't remember doing that for quite some time even though we are not seeing the play we want to see. At least it delays Sox/Bears fans from committing suicide.

Fuller_Schettman
09-12-2005, 01:08 AM
Mod edit- What was the point of that?

You're right, that was a bit much. My bad.

Nellie_Fox
09-12-2005, 01:31 AM
Almost looks like a team that eats out at McDonalds at 2am in the morning... As opposed to 2 AM in the afternoon? Dope.

Nellie_Fox
09-12-2005, 01:41 AM
Okay, Ozzie has been trying to keep the bench players sharp. Fine. Now is the time to put the best eight guys out there every day. Let's see the serious "starting lineup." Pierzynski, Konerko, Iguchi, Uribe, Crede, Podsednik, Rowand, Dye, with Carl at DH, until this thing is locked up. I can't take this stress any more. Seriously.

IowaSox1971
09-12-2005, 01:57 AM
Kansas City actually outplayed us for much of last week's series in Chicago, so this is not going to be an easy series out there. If we don't pad our lead while we're playing Kansas City and Cleveland is playing Oakland, then we're in big trouble. Cleveland has seven games left with the Royals and could win all seven of those games.

After watching Cleveland crush the Twins and the way we sleep-walked against the Angels, exactly why are we a lock for the playoffs? What was El Duque doing out there today? The Angels' batting practice pitcher probably had better stuff than he did.

Frankfan4life
09-12-2005, 02:34 AM
It's been "Godawful hot" before.Remember the last Blow Sawx game
at home??They won that game.Humidity is a horrible thing for all parties.
I've sat in the BSB because of the heat. My seats were in the left
field bleachers.No way i'm sitting in the baking sun when it feels like
115 degrees out there.I sat in the leftfield bleachers the entire game (I had my grandson with me) and it was blazing hot, but not as hot as I was after seeing our team go down in flames again.

To me, the Sox seem to be in some kind of crazy cycle right now. They play pretty good for a while and then they play pretty crappy for a while. If this is so, then an upturn is certainly a comin.

wassagstdu
09-12-2005, 07:06 AM
You're not a Dark Cloud. You're a certified lunatic after every Sox loss as anyone who has read your post-loss comments the last four years knows too well.

When the Sox clinch, you're banned through the playoffs.

Can't buck up in tough times, don't expect us to share the glory with you either.
It's such fun (NOT) to come here after a Sox loss looking for some intelligent, perceptive analysis and find instead the spectacle of Sox fans (which we all are, after all) attacking each other like a bunch of starving wolves.

BeviBall!
09-12-2005, 07:09 AM
That season-ending series at Cleveland is going to be something, if either or both teams are still in the chase at that time. Judging by the Twins/Indians telecast tonight, the Jake is full of people and jumping with excitement.

There was no one there on Friday, though.

Dan H
09-12-2005, 07:09 AM
Okay, Ozzie has been trying to keep the bench players sharp. Fine. Now is the time to put the best eight guys out there every day. Let's see the serious "starting lineup." Pierzynski, Konerko, Iguchi, Uribe, Crede, Podsednik, Rowand, Dye, with Carl at DH, until this thing is locked up. I can't take this stress any more. Seriously.

I agree totally. The starters have been rested at various times during the season. This is not 1969 when Leo Durocher never rested any of his starting eight. We don't need to see the likes of Gload and Borchard in the game unless the Sox are way ahead or behind. This is no time for rest. It is a time for this team to get back to what they were doing at the start of the season. Guillen said yesterday that they need to take one game at a time. True, but their goal should be to win 13 out of their last 20 to win 100. You can't do that with guys like Blum and Harris.

BeviBall!
09-12-2005, 07:16 AM
So I'm up early and on channel 5, our favorite buffoon, Mike North says Ozzie didn't want to hurt El Duque's feelings by benching him yesterday. I can't imagine this is the whole story, but if it is, my lord.

tstrike2000
09-12-2005, 07:53 AM
I have a few questions. In these losing streaks when Aaron, AJ, Carl, and Jermaine aren't hitting, what lineup or maybe batting order change do you think could help? Obviously when Pods and Iguchi either aren't playing well that sets the tone for pretty much only Konerko behind them. Who is going to pick those guys up? Geoff Blum and Timo obviously haven't been the answers. I know there's been a few bad pitching performances lately, but when there hasn't, there's far too many 1 and 2 run scored games. With mighty .236 Joe Crede back, that complicates the lineup even more. Is Pods hurt again? Unfortunately, the Sox put themselves in this position and the best lineup has to play now with Cleveland being the hottest team in baseball. We should be clinching soon and resting some of our regulars instead of concerning ourselves with this crap.

SoxFan78
09-12-2005, 08:58 AM

That was because the Injins were having a $5 for every seat in the park promotion to pack the park.

slavko
09-12-2005, 09:10 AM
That was because the Injins were having a $5 for every seat in the park promotion to pack the park.

Aha! That explains it. And to the earlier poster who used Mike North as a source of information: Don't trust him, don't believe him, don't listen to him. You'll be a better person for it.