PDA

View Full Version : White Sox more important to ESPN then the Red Sox vs. Yankees rivalry?

antitwins13
09-11-2005, 02:24 PM
The Sox are still the best team in the AL hands down, but for the majority of this year the story has still been the Boston/NY rivalry. This won't change, but at least one ESPN columnist thinks it is high time for it to.http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/offbase/050908

Stroker Ace
09-11-2005, 03:04 PM
An ESPN employee going against the Yankmees and Blowsawks!? Looks like someone is going to be out of a job soon.:D:

SouthSide_HitMen
09-11-2005, 03:11 PM
I think the wild card has deflated once great pennant / division races. Whereas before the winner of a tough division series such as Boston & New York or California and Oakland would advance and the loser go home now you have the wild card birth which cheapens the division race / title.

If Bud Selig did nothing for his entire term as commissioner baseball would be in much better shape and wouldn't have required a steroid home run derby to rescue baseball after the 1994 debacle. Interleague cheapens baseball. The wild card cheapens baseball. Poor management cheapens baseball.

This article is correct - the Yankees vs. Boston series is not as important as it would have been pre wild card.

Lip Man 1
09-11-2005, 06:57 PM
The new ESPN omsbudsman made basically the same comments in his first column. That the rest of the country doesn't have the same feelings for a Red Sox / Yankees game like those on the East Coast and he noted that needs to start being taken into consideration when games are scheduled.

Lip

ChiSox14305635
09-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Caple's one of the few ESPN guys who's not a fan of the whole Yankees-Red Sox lovefest. I've seen him write a few anti-Yankees columns, & probably after last year, he has included Boston with that.

pdimas
09-12-2005, 10:25 AM
I also believe that Caple is a White Sox fan to boot. :cool:

White Sox Randy
09-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Yes He Is !