PDA

View Full Version : Next season I hope Lyle Overbay to the Sox...

Whitesox4ever
09-11-2005, 12:02 PM
In today Milwaukee Journal it says that the Brewers are looking for pitching for next season and since the Sox have a surplus of starters and that the Sox might need a 1B if Konerko signs elsewhere.

JUribe1989
09-11-2005, 01:48 PM
We need Konerko back. Throw all the money he wants at him. I don't think anyone knows how much we need Konerko.

Banix12
09-11-2005, 05:24 PM
I like Overbay but Overbay is no Paul Konerko. Overbay is a closer player to Ross Gload than he is to PK. Resigning Konerko is a must this offseason, there is nobody better than him available at 1b.

If the sox get Overbay over Paul Konerko, then the sox would have to bring in another power hitter at some other position to offset the loss in the middle of the lineup.

I basicially believe that when the sox trade Carlos Lee and let Maggs sign in Detroit they left themselves pretty much married to the concept of keeping Paulie for the long run.

IlliniSoxFan
09-12-2005, 02:14 PM
What is the prognosis regarding Big Frank's ability to return next season? If it is poor, we could switch Paulie to DH and acquire Overbay, too.

Banix12
09-12-2005, 04:28 PM
What is the prognosis regarding Big Frank's ability to return next season? If it is poor, we could switch Paulie to DH and acquire Overbay, too.

To early to tell, he would likely have renegotiate his contract to come back and who knows how reliable he'll be. I still don't know how important overbay would be to the team even if Paulie switched to DH. I also don't think Paulie resigns here if he knows he is going to DH.