PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another US Cellular Music Question

whitesoxwilkes
09-10-2005, 11:33 PM
Anyone know the name of the song Pods walks on to sometimes? It sounds like what kids these days call "crunk" and samples the bass riff from Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train." Anyone? Anyone?

chisoxmike
09-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Ah, damn. Is it the one that goes something like "get it going." or "lets go"

My 12 year old sister told me it once. She thinks I'm un-cool becuase I don't know half the rap songs that are played during the game.

Anyway, if it is that one, I'll find out.

Stroker Ace
09-10-2005, 11:38 PM
If I weren't:gulp: , then I could tell you the artist, but I know the song is called either "lets go"(clean), or, I've heard the unedited version is called "Get Low".

Mr. White Sox
09-10-2005, 11:40 PM
It's either Lil' Jon or the Yin Yang Twins...both of which suck.
I believe it's the Yin Yang Twins.

soxwon
09-10-2005, 11:47 PM
What is the name of the song, they play, with the Cheerleaders that end in WHOOOO, i cant understand any other word in it.

ThatGuyOnTheL
09-10-2005, 11:56 PM
It's "Let's Go" by Trick Daddy featuring Lil' Jon and Twista. The video (not safe for work, children, families, etc.), can be seen at http://www.blastro.com/prefs/trickdaddyletsgo.html

I am really ashamed to know that. :(:

whitesoxwilkes
09-11-2005, 12:12 AM
It's "Let's Go" by Trick Daddy featuring Lil' Jon and Twista. The video (not safe for work, children, families, etc.), can be seen at http://www.blastro.com/prefs/trickdaddyletsgo.html

I am really ashamed to know that. :(:

Awww snap! (as the kids these days say)

The MC (as the kids these days say) is even wearing Sox gear.

HotelWhiteSox
09-11-2005, 01:53 AM
Awww snap! (as the kids these days say)

The MC (as the kids these days say) is even wearing Sox gear.

Twista is a Chicago guy

He raps fast

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-11-2005, 02:08 AM
What is the name of the song, they play, with the Cheerleaders that end in WHOOOO, i cant understand any other word in it.
R-O-W-D-I-E that's the way we spell rowdie! LET'S GET ROWDIE! WOO!

OK, I think that's it. :D: The funny thing is I had no clue what the song was saying either for years until cheeses_h_rice told me a few weeks ago in the chat.

TornLabrum
09-11-2005, 07:43 AM

OK, I think that's it. :D: The funny thing is I had no clue what the song was saying either for years until cheeses_h_rice told me a few weeks ago in the chat.

Yup, that's what it says. I guess a lot of cheerleading squads use this. Makes sense. They misspell rowdy. Perfect for schools.

alohafri
09-11-2005, 09:40 AM

My favorite had always been the one that sounded like they were saying, "Go take a dump!"

ssirish317
09-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Anyone know what that song is that they play when AJ comes up??? It sounds so framiliar every time I hear it but I can never place what it is.

Mr. White Sox
09-11-2005, 12:20 PM
The Killers - Somebody Told Me

Beck - E-Pro

SoxFan76
09-11-2005, 12:31 PM
What is that heavy rock song that comes up for PK?

HotelWhiteSox
09-11-2005, 12:49 PM
What is that heavy rock song that comes up for PK?

He has a lot of Metallica, I'm not able to go to games real often, but last time it was Metallica - Harvester of Sorrow, and I think I still hear it when watching on TV

SoxFan76
09-11-2005, 02:35 PM
He has a lot of Metallica, I'm not able to go to games real often, but last time it was Metallica - Harvester of Sorrow, and I think I still hear it when watching on TV

Yeah, that's the song. I have it on my iTunes and didn't even realize it.

StockdaleForVeep
09-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Anyone know the name of the song Pods walks on to sometimes? It sounds like what kids these days call "crunk" and samples the bass riff from Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train." Anyone? Anyone?

Its twista "lets go", he sampled the crazy train riff, actually many metal songs have been used in rap\hip hop

Public enemy used Slayer riffs and Anthrax, and naturally run dmc and aerosmith(not metal but still)

and wow, finally a music post thats not "Yo whats that awesome song paul konerko walks out to"

edit-sigh, i just saw someone asked that, can we like make a permenant post saying "THIS IS PAUL KONERKO'S MUSIC!"

christ, and its off the 3rd worst metallica album too

Chez
09-12-2005, 07:49 AM
I was at the game Saturday and they played a Jane's Addiction song during one of the highlight/blooper videos. Anyone know the name of the song? It's not on either of their first two CD's.

MsSoxVixen22
09-12-2005, 12:54 PM
I was at the game this past Sat and I'm pretty sure they play U2's "Elevation" for Pods. Earlier this year they played U2's "Vertigo" for Pods too.

VeeckAsInWreck
09-12-2005, 03:02 PM
I was at the game this past Sat and I'm pretty sure they play U2's "Elevation" for Pods. Earlier this year they played U2's "Vertigo" for Pods too.

Pods 1st AB they always play the Lil' Jon/Ying Yang twins song, all other ABs after that Elevation by U2 is played.

Whitesox029
09-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Pods has good taste. :D:

BeviBall!
09-12-2005, 05:20 PM
I was at the game Saturday and they played a Jane's Addiction song during one of the highlight/blooper videos. Anyone know the name of the song? It's not on either of their first two CD's.

Hum a few bars. You'd think Pods was playing "Been Caught Stealing" in August. Man... I want that guy to run again... just like Seabiscuit.