PDA

View Full Version : Official- Playoff Ticket Thread

soxwon
09-10-2005, 07:50 PM
This is just for people who are going to try for tickets thursday!!
Not for season ticket holders who have paid for theirs allready.

Post where you got your seats at(sec-row).

The Dude
09-10-2005, 07:59 PM

Question....Why the hell is this in What's the score???

soxwon
09-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Question....Why the hell is this in What's the score???

thats where i put it- it actually could go in clubhouse or talkin baseball too.
the mods can move it if needed.

whitesoxwin
09-10-2005, 09:07 PM

What do you have against season ticket holders?
Hey, there are a lot of us working stiffs that split their ticket plans and may want playoff tickets--especially the split ticket guys--where there were no "bonus tickets".
A lot of the split ticket holders actually split their tickets because of work and this plan gives them an opportunity, first of all to see the best team in baseball and to use SoxCharge, Cub/Sox tickets, etc.
It just opens up the door a little.....
So, please back off on the ticket holders...we are all Sox Fans!!!
Take care and GO SOX!!!! (The rest of the season--and the post season--- will be great!)

soxwon
09-10-2005, 09:41 PM
What do you have against season ticket holders?
Hey, there are a lot of us working stiffs that split their ticket plans and may want playoff tickets--especially the split ticket guys--where there were no "bonus tickets".
A lot of the split ticket holders actually split their tickets because of work and this plan gives them an opportunity, first of all to see the best team in baseball and to use SoxCharge, Cub/Sox tickets, etc.
It just opens up the door a little.....
So, please back off on the ticket holders...we are all Sox Fans!!!
Take care and GO SOX!!!! (The rest of the season--and the post season--- will be great!)

uh obviously your new here.
I am a season ticket holder, i think most on this board are, in some form
i meant Others that dont have seasons tix, id like to know if you are getting seats thru ticketmaster.

whitesoxwin
09-11-2005, 10:59 AM

Well, Mister, let us get something straight.
If you are offended....sorry.
If you are starting a thread, please fully explain yourself.
On first reading, I felt you were slighting season ticket holders (especially the "split" season ticket holders).
The "split" season ticket holders were left in the cold, this year.
My ticket rep indicates: "We were not able to offer bonus seats to our split holders because of the diminished capacity in the upper level due to the 2004 renovations. Were we to have the inventory we would have done this as usual and were we to get more seats back from MLB for our own use then we would do the same. However, we do not expect to get more seats back."
Newbee posting yes (when compared to others), reading no...!
Like I said, I am a working stiff and have been a "split" season ticket holder since 1993.
Again, sorry, if I distracted you, and others, from your posting beginning thread.
Go Sox!!

kittle42
09-11-2005, 12:27 PM
uh obviously your new here.

Its the internet. Grammer does not matter!

soxwon
09-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Well, Mister, let us get something straight.
If you are offended....sorry.
If you are starting a thread, please fully explain yourself.
On first reading, I felt you were slighting season ticket holders (especially the "split" season ticket holders).
The "split" season ticket holders were left in the cold, this year.
My ticket rep indicates: "We were not able to offer bonus seats to our split holders because of the diminished capacity in the upper level due to the 2004 renovations. Were we to have the inventory we would have done this as usual and were we to get more seats back from MLB for our own use then we would do the same. However, we do not expect to get more seats back."
Newbee posting yes (when compared to others), reading no...!
Like I said, I am a working stiff and have been a "split" season ticket holder since 1993.
Again, sorry, if I distracted you, and others, from your posting beginning thread.
Go Sox!!

well good luck thursday scoring tickets,
im gonna try for seats, but atleast i know im going to the first 3 games.
advice to others
Next year try to get the 27 game plan, split it with a friend its worth it.

Chips
09-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Are tickets for the ALCS and World Series also going on sale?

soxwon
09-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Are tickets for the ALCS and World Series also going on sale?

no not yet just the first round go onsale

Chips
09-11-2005, 05:13 PM
no not yet just the first round go onsale

Thats what I thought, me and The Dude already got those tickets through the 13 game ticket package that he bought.

soxwon
09-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Dont forget to post , if you got playoff tickets here tommorow.

miker
09-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Only here will Sox fans turn on each other when discussing these seemingly seldom-in-a-lifetime home playoff games...

PatK
09-15-2005, 01:59 PM
I couldn't get tickets and am pretty sure they went out in about 20 min.

I could have got sec 508 in the back row, but since they are partially obstructed, I'd rather watch on TV.

HotelWhiteSox
09-15-2005, 02:14 PM
So did anyone get tickets? I always have the same experience with Ticketmaster when potential/playoff tix go on sale. On the phone, all busy signals, on the internet, the website is timed out form too many requests. By the time either gets sorted out, tickets are gone.

Great to see that real Sox fans got their tickets and are now using it to get a profit on Stubhub, but that's the system, what are you gonna do.

EDIT: NM to my question, just saw the clubhouse threads.

Still though, looks like others also had comp issues, the best thing might be to put them for sale at the park! I don't have a problem with that, and I live hours away, though it won't eliminate them, online makes it too easy for the scalpers.

Sox of White
09-15-2005, 02:18 PM
So did anyone get tickets? I always have the same experience with Ticketmaster when potential/playoff tix go on sale. On the phone, all busy signals, on the internet, the website is timed out form too many requests. By the time either gets sorted out, tickets are gone.

Great to see that real Sox fans got their tickets and are now using it to get a profit on Stubhub, but that's the system, what are you gonna do.

This was my first experience trying to buy playoff tickets, and it was quite frusterating, and very unrewarding. I just want to go to my favorite place in the world, to see my favorite team in the world. Is that too much to ask?

Palehose Pete
09-15-2005, 03:00 PM
I snabbed 4 tickets for the Oct. 4 game. Section 506, Row 8, Seats 1-4. To top it off, I leave for Vegas Oct. 5 for a vacation. Woo hoo!:gulp:

ChiSoxGirl
09-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Reading the recent posts in this thread, I guess I should consider myself VERY lucky!

I'm a teacher and wouldn't you know Thursdays are my lunch duty days?! I wasn't able to sit online in my classroom during lunch, so my mom went online for me. She managed to get two tickets for Game 2 in 542, row 2, and two for Game 3 in 357, row 5! It said something about 357 having obstructed view seats. Anyone know anything about this???

miker
09-15-2005, 04:06 PM
It said something about 357 having obstructed view seats. Anyone know anything about this???
357 has the left field foul pole in front of it. That would qualify as an obstruction.

ChiSoxGirl
09-15-2005, 04:07 PM
357 has the left field foul pole in front of it. That would qualify as an obstruction.

That's pretty much what I figured. Thanks.