PDA

View Full Version : sox pride- your part?

soxwon
09-10-2005, 05:25 PM
just curious what you do on a daily basis to show SOX PRIDE.
I live in the NW side and fly a sox flag year round out front.
also in my window front is a sign with a small sox flag that reads
Mo wimmy Po White Sox.
Also on my car i fly a sox flag, and weat shot shirts every day most of the year.

Another Question
How Many sox t-shirts do you own?

MarySwiss
09-10-2005, 05:38 PM
just curious what you do on a daily basis to show SOX PRIDE.
I live in the NW side and fly a sox flag year round out front.
also in my window front is a sign with a small sox flag that reads
Mo wimmy Po White Sox.
Also on my car i fly a sox flag, and weat shot shirts every day most of the year.
Another Question
How Many sox t-shirts do you own?

Soxwon: I live in Arizona, but I show Sox pride all over the place. I own three Sox tees--a Konerko, a Thomas, and one that just says "Sox" on the front. I also own two hats--one from 1983--and a pair of Sox-logo sneakers (most probably knockoffs) that I bought--believe it or not!--in Wisconsin about 12 years ago. For like $5.

And if you live on the NW side and fly a Sox flag, I have to give you your props!

RallyBowl
09-10-2005, 05:38 PM
I have a huge Sox logo as a screensaver here at work. Many people see it everyday, mostly Card and scrub fans. Cardinal fans are always cool with it, most even say they are rooting for us.

chisoxmike
09-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Let's see.... I have 6 SOX t-shirts

3 player t-shirts, Konerko, Podsednik, Pierzynski
A Black official Carlos Lee jersey
A White official 1995 Robin Ventura jersey
A Green Sox batting pratice jersey
A Black Sox batting pratice jersey

Mounds of Sox hats.

My daily duties of serving my White Sox pride: My car has a white sox license plate holder, I usually wear some sort of Sox hat.

alohafri
09-10-2005, 06:48 PM
My license plates show tribute to the team.

We fly a Sox flag outside of the house.

I harass Cub fans as much as I can.

MUsoxfan
09-10-2005, 06:52 PM
6 shirts, away jersey, license plate holder, about 8 hats....wallpaper, flag....and the collection keeps growing

starboy0
09-10-2005, 07:19 PM
I teach high school and have Sox posters and pics plastered all over one of my walls. On the front board each morning I write the score if the Sox win and if they don't write something positive like the magic number or a stat we're leading the league in. For example when we came back to school this year the Sox had just lost 4 in a row. I wrote that when school ended last year the Sox were in first and they still are!

For days when we (teachers) can dress down I'll wear my Sox jerseys (Rowand sleeveless, Thomas road grey, Buehrle black, or Aparicio Mitchell and Ness).

The whole school (3200+) knows my room is where you come for Sox talk.

soxjim
09-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Our bedroom is decorated with SOX items. We have a flag we raise each day during the season. At my work its casual. I usually wear a SOX tshirt, shorts and SOX pride wristband. Both our cars have SOX stickers and plate holders. It is easy being married to a SOX fan!

Jurr
09-10-2005, 07:38 PM
I live in Memphis, and that area is crawling with Cubs and Cardinals fans. I have authentic Konerko and Podsednik gray away jerseys, and authentic Buehrle and Uribe black jerseys. I wear them all the time. I have the Sox Pride band, which I get asked about all the time. Everybody that knows me always gives me a pat on the back saying, "it could be y'all's year!"

In my clinic operatory, I have a Sox clock, and the computer screen that I have at my desk has a Konerko wallpaper. The patients that I have that are baseball fans can't believe that there are Sox fans (or fan) in Memphis. They all know that there's at least one BIG one down here.

Railsplitter
09-10-2005, 07:57 PM
My car has the oval "Totaly Biased Sox Fan" bumper sticker on the back.

soxwon
09-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Soxwon: I live in Arizona, but I show Sox pride all over the place. I own three Sox tees--a Konerko, a Thomas, and one that just says "Sox" on the front. I also own two hats--one from 1983--and a pair of Sox-logo sneakers (most probably knockoffs) that I bought--believe it or not!--in Wisconsin about 12 years ago. For like $5.

And if you live on the NW side and fly a Sox flag, I have to give you your props!

yep put it up 4 years ago, and you should see the sox fans come out of the woodwork, complimenting me about it.

whitesoxwilkes
09-10-2005, 08:04 PM
4 jerseys
5 or 6 polos
Too many tshirts and hats to count
Sox tag holder on the car and season ticket holder decal
Konerko bobblehead on my desk, Konerko as my desktop wallpaper

KnightSox
09-10-2005, 08:19 PM
I had a magnetic Sox symbol I would put on my car until I forgot to take it off at the store and some dirtbag stole it.I now have my home jersey wrapped around my passenger seat in my car which looks pretty cool,and the static-stick "Sox" on the inside of my rear window.

hsnterprize
09-10-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm constantly wearing my black, white, and gray White Sox wristband everywhere I go. I also try to leave the house with a Sox cap on. I have a black Sox t-shirt that's faded, but still does the job. And anyone who knows me knows I bleed the Sox Pride. I'll talk trash to Cub fans whenever I can...I even told my church pastor to visit the renovated U.S. Cellular Field soon. He's a Cub fan, but he's also an out-of-towner who's been fed the typical Cubune 3-course meal.

Also, I have a White Sox license border on my van. It's fun to drive next to a vehicle with a Cub border around his/her plates to the people behind us can see the Cub/Sox rivalry right in front of them.

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-10-2005, 08:59 PM
I've got a Thomas away jersey, as well as over 15 t-shirts which I wear daily to my Cubs fan infested school. Out of 800+ people in my school 3 including me are Sox fans, and I live relatively close to Chicago. I've also got a 1983 hat and a couple other hats that I usually wear around. My bedroom is plastered with posters and I've got a huge collection going.

BarbG
09-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Probably 20+ t-shirts - my favorite being the "Sox Pride" one I had airbrushed;

Van is plastered with Sox window decals;

Sox doormat on front porch;

And my favorite is my big neon Sox sign in my front window - lights up half the block.

The Critic
09-10-2005, 09:14 PM
I wear some kind of Sox gear almost every day. I wear my BP jersey A LOT. When my hair's not presentable ( read: pre-shower on weekend mornings and when it's a little long ), I either wear my green Sox hat or my 2003 All-Star Game "ticket stub" hat.

Rikirk
09-10-2005, 09:24 PM
A couple of Sox baseball caps, 2 current..One really old, like from 1978.
A Sox clubhouse wall hanger
A small black car flag
A 2003 All Star game t shirt, and a black t shirt
And a small collection of programs I colected over the years..I think I may have one from 1983

But I need to get myself a Thomas jersey...I want one bad.

mike squires
09-10-2005, 11:19 PM
I have too much stuff to mention. I can say my office is mostly Sox. I have 3 large shelves with Whitesox stuff and a Carlton Fisk bobble head, an 83 team autographed ball, Whitesox towels and media guide in the bathroom. I frequently wear my 82 batters logo hat around town.

TornLabrum
09-10-2005, 11:35 PM
I'm on the executive board of the Windy City Sox Fans. You can't do more to show Sox Pride than to help raise money for kids with cancer.

I have close to a dozen different Sox caps from different eras that I wear regularly, the latest being the crossed white socks (or White Sox). I favor the '59, '72, and current caps. I finally replaced my Sox Pride wristband that broke a month or so ago last week, so I wear it to school every day.

Oh, and I write a regular column for WSI.

skobabe8
09-11-2005, 12:13 AM
Sox license plate frame, cell phone wallpaper, a 5 shirt/2 jersey rotation, 6 hats....plus I converted my girlfriend (Converted) to a Sox fan and she is working on her 3 brothers.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-11-2005, 12:16 AM
-8 sox hats, all from different eras
-Albert Belle Jersey
-#1 white sox hand
-Sox Bumper Sticker
-"#1 Sox Fan" Liscence plate in back window
-Sox Pride Wristband
-Konerko Shirt, '85 Shirt, White Sox Baseball Shirt, Brown White Sox shirt

ChiSoxGirl
09-11-2005, 12:18 AM
Here's what I own....

Sox Pride wristband, which I wear everyday.
White pinstripe Robin Ventura jersey, which I had him autograph for me one time when he was signing at the old Sox Clubhouse in the Oakbrook Mall.
White pinstripe Paul Konerko jersey, which I had him autograph at SoxFest '04.
2003 A.L. All-Star jersey- no name, no number. Got it on clearance at SoxFest '04.
Sox pull-over, half-zip jacket.
Light-weight version of the team jacket they're sporting this season.
2 Sox tank tops and a half a dozen t-shirts & short sleeve shirts.
Sox license plate frame on my car.
Sox window cling on my rear window.
A Sox flag, which I bought a couple months ago, now flies in front of our house on a regular basis.
Current Sox hat, along with 3 or 4 hats that I got as give-aways.
Konerko bobblehead.
My classroom also has a Sox Pride poster on one of the closet doors, and a Freddy Garcia poster on the inside of another. I also have a schedule on my memo board, the team calendar they gave away at the ballpark in April, and a few random action photos from previous calendars.

MERPER
09-11-2005, 12:35 AM
I go to school at University of Missouri with tons of CARDINALS fans.. good cuz they hate Cubs fans... bad if we meet them in World Series

Anyways, everyday I wear my hat....

Then I have to wear 2 more things as well for a total of 3..it's a superstition thing...

This could include the following:

T-shirt... jersey... white socks (a stretch, but it counts).... sox pride wristband... MLB issued Sox wrist band... black leather necklace with Sox charmy thingy on it...

slobes
09-11-2005, 12:50 AM
A buncha t shirts, a jersey, a batting practice jersey, half a dozen hats.

In my room I have personally made my "White Sox Record Scoreboard", where I track their record with index cards with holes punched in them.

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-11-2005, 01:38 AM
I have a Sox logo attached to the back window of the car. I also had a Sox car flag on one of the passenger windows, unfortunately one day my sister thought it was a good idea to open up the window that the flag was attached to and my flag went bye-bye :(:. I wear Sox hats, shirts, and my Sox pride wristband pretty much everywhere. It may not seem like much, but I've lived in Cub fan infested territory my entire life(Schaumburg for 16 years and here in Rockford for one year).

samram
09-11-2005, 02:38 AM
I have a Sox hat and I watch Sox games and tell people I'm a Sox fan. That's all, nothing more needs to be said.

soxjim
09-11-2005, 09:58 AM
My classroom also has a Sox Pride poster on one of the closet doors, and a Freddy Garcia poster on the inside of another. I also have a schedule on my memo board, the team calendar they gave away at the ballpark in April, and a few random action photos from previous calendars.

I enjoy reading how teachers show SOX pride. After church went onto my wife's classroom. She has a poster of Rowand, Pods and Garcia. A long schedule on the front of her desk. The magic number on the chalk board ( needs to be lowered). A team calendar. Since she teaches kindergarten she plays the lets go go White SOX CD to her class and they get up to dance.

StrTrkker
09-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Joliet here...

I have a Sox flag I fly from my front door area and a smaller one thats hanging by my garden pond. My car (as well as my wife n kids cars) all have Sox Plate holders and Sox window cling decals on the front windshields. I also picked up some black n silver beads from Card Factory Outlet that I have hanging from the rear view mirrow.

antitwins13
09-11-2005, 04:19 PM
I have about 20 sox t-shirts, 3 sox jerseys, 4 Sox caps (83, 1917, and two regular black caps), my dorm room is a shrine to the South Side with posters, flags, signs, a Steve Bartman photo, and my Hawk and DJ bobble head doll.

ChiSoxGirl
09-11-2005, 08:46 PM
I enjoy reading how teachers show SOX pride. After church went onto my wife's classroom. She has a poster of Rowand, Pods and Garcia. A long schedule on the front of her desk. The magic number on the chalk board ( needs to be lowered). A team calendar. Since she teaches kindergarten she plays the lets go go White SOX CD to her class and they get up to dance.

That's awesome!

You know, you respond to a lot of my posts and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you at Core of the Core on Thursday night. I think I saw you, but didn't put two and two together! :tongue: We'll have to be sure to meet next time.

chisoxfanatic
09-11-2005, 09:16 PM
The school I teach at is awesome! There are no such things as "dress down" days. I can wear jeans/shorts/jerseys EVERY day I wish! So, I wear Sox stuff every so often. Being a mathematics teacher, I work the Sox into my story problems whenever I can.

The vice principal of disciplinary affairs is flat-out awesome at our school! He's declared the day after the Sox clinch the division as "Sox Pride Day," where students may come out of uniform ONLY if they wear SOX stuff. He will advise all teachers to wear Sox jerseys on that day as well!

I also own about 15 Sox "tops" (shirts/dagos/jerseys) and 4 hats. I have a pair of Sox earrings, and tons of Sox stuff in my office at home (I don't want my stuff to be vandalized, so I keep it out of my classroom).

I also attend as many games as I can.

I even refer to my car as the "Soxmobile" and have a SOX license plate (WSOXNO 1).

I want Mags back
09-11-2005, 09:24 PM
I have way to much to mention but in a nutshell id say I have

over 15 tees, havent really counted recently

5 jerseys- an '83 road gray, a black Thomas, an '03 All-star Loaiza"which I taped "HE GONE", an Ordonez, and a black one my mom just got at the Flea Market last week

2-3 pairs of Sox shorts as well as some Sox boxers

3-4 polos

lots of hats around 20 counting all my crappy ones.

I have been wearing my Sox pride wristband since I got it on the game Memorial day

I never go anywhere without a Sox hat on, at least during the season

2-4 jackets

Lots of other stuff to much to mention

Chips
09-11-2005, 09:35 PM
I got my White Sox bumper sticker. I have my Nellie Fox jersey, a Konerko jersey, a Buehrle jersey, a couple 1959 hats, a 1989 hat, a couple green sox hats, an old faded Sox hat that I got in 1995, a whole bunch of Sox shirts, a sweatshirt, and old Sox starter jacket, a stocking hat, and a stocking hat with the little ball on top, im sure there is some other stuff that I am forgetting about.

Chips
09-11-2005, 09:37 PM
The school I teach at is awesome! There are no such things as "dress down" days. I can wear jeans/shorts/jerseys EVERY day I wish! So, I wear Sox stuff every so often. Being a mathematics teacher, I work the Sox into my story problems whenever I can.

The vice principal of disciplinary affairs is flat-out awesome at our school! He's declared the day after the Sox clinch the division as "Sox Pride Day," where students may come out of uniform ONLY if they wear SOX stuff. He will advise all teachers to wear Sox jerseys on that day as well!

I also own about 15 Sox "tops" (shirts/dagos/jerseys) and 4 hats. I have a pair of Sox earrings, and tons of Sox stuff in my office at home (I don't want my stuff to be vandalized, so I keep it out of my classroom).

I also attend as many games as I can.

I even refer to my car as the "Soxmobile" and have a SOX license plate (WSOXNO 1).

Them Bogan kids can be a pain in the ass.

ChiSoxGirl
09-11-2005, 09:39 PM

:roflmao:

You Dark Cloud!!! :D:

By the way, nice signature. Proves we were right all along. :D:

chisoxfanatic
09-11-2005, 09:59 PM

Since when do DARK CLOUDS get to speak??? :D:

chisoxfanatic
09-11-2005, 10:07 PM
By the way, nice signature. Proves we were right all along. :D:

I don't think it should be in TEAL!!! :cool:

Baby Fisk
09-12-2005, 09:19 AM
the Baby Fisk Collection:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2932

LuvSox
09-12-2005, 12:33 PM
I'm passing Sox Fandome onto the next generation.

My kids know "Put it on the board, yes!", "Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye" and all of the others. They also have an extensive Sox wardrobe.

maurice
09-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Way too much stuff to name, including:
- 4 different Sox hats
- Last year at Old Comiskey ball signed by Ozzie
- Last year at Old Comiskey bat from Hawkins' no hitter
- Autographed Knights, Barons, Warthogs, and I's hats
- Mini-Sox helmets from sundaes at the Cell
- Mini-Sox bat from Louisville Slugger factory
- Minnie Minoso and Carlos Lee bobbleheads
- Innumerable Sox shirts
- Sox calendars & schedules
- Sox thermal coffee mug
- Sox Pride wristband
- Misc. Sox wallpaper

Most of this is on display in my office. Additional stuff is displayed in Mrs. / Dr. Maurice's many offices, including a signed ball from '05 Spring Training and a Southern League game ball from Chris Young. Mrs. / Lt. Deuce somehow managed to acquire my Ventura-signed game ball.

Law11
09-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Transplanted SW sider (Palos) now in Arlington hts.
Have my sox flag in two spots on the house.
Sox banner on the side of my garage. We are on the corner and its there for everyone to see. And i just made a cool Sox Magnetic mailbox cover for
an added touch. (I'm a graphic artist by profession)

Too many hats & shirts to count.

Sad
09-12-2005, 01:14 PM
SOX flag & banners both in front yard

MsSoxVixen22
09-12-2005, 01:50 PM
Let's see here. I show my Sox Pride by:

My wallpaper and screensaver at work are Sox themed
I have a sign by my desk that says Sox fan sits here
I have Sox calendar also by my desk at work
I wear my Sox writsband just about everyday
I had Thunderstruck and Hawk saying you can put it on the board as my ringtone
My cell's wallpaper was a Sox logo
As far as Sox T-shirts, I have one that says property of the White Sox, a pink Sox shirt, a sleevless Sox shirt, a personalized Sox shirt, a green one that
says I'll always call it Comiskey, another green one for halfway to St.Pat's day,one thats says Cubs suck on the back and finally a black Pods t-shirt

And lastly, my AIM screen name is Sox based :D:

CHIsoxNation
09-12-2005, 01:57 PM
Lets see here...

-White Sox flag on my window at home
-Three white sox hats
-Three different Sox shirts
-Sox calender at work
-Sox Pride wristband (haven't taken it off since Soxfest)
-Sox sticker for my truck
-Framed pictures of current/ex sox players
-Random SOX memorobilia hanging all over my room from various sports stores.