PDA

View Full Version : Cy Young

SoxinAZ
09-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Looks like Buehrle and Garland just gave up all possibilities of getting the award. MB keeps throwing every pitch up and in the zone and Garland has gone back to the Garland we've seen before. I think it might be time for the 6 man rotation. Too bad.:whiner:

SABRSox
09-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Colon made a very strong case today. But I think it's moot if the Angels miss the post season.

MarySwiss
09-10-2005, 03:15 PM
But I thought that whether or not you made the postseason wasn't supposed to count? :?:

CarlosMay'sThumb
09-10-2005, 04:50 PM
If Ozzie ever again mentions the Cy Young Award and how it will affect his rotation I'm going to puke.

Brian26
09-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Colon made a very strong case today. But I think it's moot if the Angels miss the post season.

Doesn't matter if LAA makes the postseason or not at this point. Looks like Colon has it wrapped up now, barring a complete meltdown or season-ending injury.

Mr. White Sox
09-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Doesn't matter if LAA makes the postseason or not at this point. Looks like Colon has it wrapped up now, barring a complete meltdown or season-ending injury.

Absolutely.

Cy Young Voting:
1. Colon
2. Rivera
3. Garland
4. Santana
5. Buehrle

ChicagoHoosier
09-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Agree MB and Garland have no chance unless one of them wins out and Colon falters in addition to Angles not making post-season. And then there still is that Yankee closer.

Too bad. I thought 3-4 weeks ago one of them (wasn't sure who) had a very good chance.

Oh well. Doesn't matter when we win in the playoffs!

Jurr
09-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Agree MB and Garland have no chance unless one of them wins out and Colon falters in addition to Angles not making post-season. And then there still is that Yankee closer.

Too bad. I thought 3-4 weeks ago one of them (wasn't sure who) had a very good chance.

Oh well. Doesn't matter when we win in the playoffs!
They'll give it to Schilling. He's a true American hero.