PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fest Dates Announced

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Don't know if anyone cares but--
SoxFest 2006 presented by U.S. Cellular Jan. 27-29, 2006 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago
SoxFest 2006 presented by U.S. Cellular - Jan. 27-29, 2006 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago SoxFest, the White Sox annual fan gathering, returns to the Hyatt Regency Chicago during the last weekend of January. More details on the SoxFest Hotline, hotel reservations, daily passes and more are coming soon to whitesox.com.

Brian26
09-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Cool. Glad they're keeping it downtown as opposed to moving it to the western suburbs.

ewokpelts
09-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Cool. Glad they're keeping it downtown as opposed to moving it to the western suburbs.was there talk of moving it?
Gene

HotelWhiteSox
09-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Do you think they'll put the trophy on display? I'd love to take some pics of it...

Soxfest
09-10-2005, 02:21 PM
I have announced no dates yet:?:

Brian26
09-10-2005, 05:13 PM
was there talk of moving it?
Gene

Gene-

Last year they had a half-dozen or so college interns walking around the floor at the Hyatt conducting polls about Soxfest. I took one of the polls- an entire section of the poll had questions regarding the location of Soxfest. They asked where I lived, if I found the Hyatt convenient, if I would be more apt to go to Soxfest in the future if it was in the suburbs, would I like to see it in the nw burbs or west burbs, etc etc etc. So, last year it seemed as if there was some discussion, at least, of moving it.

Personally, I think the downtown location is a central location for everyone and seems to be a destination for the weekend. It gives people a chance to do other activities outside of the Fest if they're coming down for the whole weekend.

Palehose13
09-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Cool. Not superbowl weekend like it was 2 years ago. I wanted to keep that weekend free to watch the Orton and crew lead the Bears to Super victory!

mike squires
09-10-2005, 10:23 PM
I sure wish they had a pool at the Hyatt. It would be more convenient and it would be a for sure yes for my wife and daughter to go. I doubt if I go for that reason only.:whiner:

ChiSoxGirl
09-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Don't know if anyone cares but--

They must've changed the dates. It was down as February 3-5 in that Sox calendar they gave away at games in April. Note to self: change dates on calendar. :cool:

BRDSR
09-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Cool. Not superbowl weekend like it was 2 years ago. I wanted to keep that weekend free to watch the Orton and crew lead the Bears to Super victory!

Oh, come on. At least make that deep pink.

Hopefully I'll be able to make SoxFest this year.

krohnjw
09-11-2005, 06:23 AM
Excellent. I was looking for those as I need to book a plane ticket again. I like the downtown location as I come into O'hare now (since I am stuck in NC for the forseeable future).

Anyone know when tickets go on sale this year? I want to be one of the first to buy again and get the private autograph session :D: The hotel rates are bit high, but nice if you split it 4 ways (maybe 5 this year).

HITMEN OF 77
09-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Just bought my airline tickets for that weekend. Can't wait!! :D:

ewokpelts
09-11-2005, 05:44 PM
IF they were to move the location, I'd go for the hyatt by mccormick place(more parking) or the printer's row hyatt(closer to train)...or any hotel with a pool

Gene

maurice
09-12-2005, 11:33 AM
the printer's row hyatt

Hyatt sold this location.

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2005, 01:26 PM
I actually have never gone to Sox Fest before. Do they charge for tickets to the event and hotel at once, or can you purchase tickets without even staying at (or paying for) the hotel?

krohnjw
09-12-2005, 02:05 PM
I actually have never gone to Sox Fest before. Do they charge for tickets to the event and hotel at once, or can you purchase tickets without even staying at (or paying for) the hotel?

You can buy tickets separately.

krohnjw
09-12-2005, 02:12 PM
They don't have trophies of second place teams.

:dtroll:

cheeses_h_rice
09-12-2005, 02:19 PM
i would consider this season a very good one if we made it to the ws but lost

but obviously i want the ws championship so much more

Troll56 isn't saying we'll place 2nd in the World Series.

He's saying we're going to finish in 2nd behind the Indians in our division.

:dtroll: :rolleyes::dtroll::rolleyes::dtroll:

HITMEN OF 77
09-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Just an FYI, you can now make reservations for Soxfest 2006 at the Hyatt. I made mine on Wednesday.

salty99
09-19-2005, 09:52 AM
How do you know if you're one of the top 250?

krohnjw
09-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Hm, sounds like it's time to make some reservations :cool:

Iwritecode
09-19-2005, 11:04 AM
How do you know if you're one of the top 250?

They'll send you a letter in January...

krohnjw
09-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Made reservations today :cool: Let's hope it's top 250 again.

Beauty35thStreet
09-22-2005, 09:34 PM
You don't have to stay at the hotel. There's some perks to staying at the hotel(4 free tix to a game, UD of course). I find Soxfest a good time.

ElDuque26
09-22-2005, 10:38 PM
after tonights game and what could come sox fest could be a ghost town if the inevitable happens

PAPChiSox729
09-22-2005, 10:40 PM
after tonights game and what could come sox fest could be a ghost town if the inevitable happens

Oh, I think the opposite would happen. It would be the most eventful SoxFest to date, though probably not in a good way.

Joosh
09-22-2005, 10:41 PM

I'd be there, and I'll be there at Spring Training too. I love my Sox. :smile:

Palehose13
09-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Made reservations today :cool: Let's hope it's top 250 again.

Really? For the SoxFest package? The release says that tickets go on sale Monday...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050922&content_id=1219877&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

TornLabrum
09-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Whatever you do, don't call the Hyatt in the evening, even if just to ask about package availability. I talked to somebody at the front desk 5 minutes ago, and they had no information. The gal I talked to thought the Sox weren't coming back (per reservations managers, etc. according to her).

Brian26
09-23-2005, 10:58 PM
The gal I talked to thought the Sox weren't coming back (per reservations managers, etc. according to her).

Interesting. I guess this adds a little fuel to the rumor I posted earlier that the Sox were thinking about changing venues. Anyway, I'm glad they are staying at the Hyatt.

krohnjw
09-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Really? For the SoxFest package? The release says that tickets go on sale Monday...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050922&content_id=1219877&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Yeah, they took our reservations for the package no problem. Even got the email confirmation for the rooms. Tickets however I think we still need to call on.

Palehose13
09-24-2005, 12:41 AM
Whatever you do, don't call the Hyatt in the evening, even if just to ask about package availability. I talked to somebody at the front desk 5 minutes ago, and they had no information. The gal I talked to thought the Sox weren't coming back (per reservations managers, etc. according to her).

Last year when I called the Hyatt a month before Sox Fest they were clueless. I am going to avoid calling them if possible and hopefully go through the White Sox.

krohnjw
09-24-2005, 08:43 AM
When you call the Sox line it transfers you to the Hyatt :mad: We got someone who knew what what going on, but YMMV.

TornLabrum
09-24-2005, 04:29 PM
When you call the Sox line it transfers you to the Hyatt :mad: We got someone who knew what what going on, but YMMV.

Correct. When I called today, the person at the reservations desk knew what the hell was going on, and I had my reservation, complete with early arrival and late dismissal, made in five minutes.

I did email Scott Reifert about this, and he indicates that what happened to me last night is an ongoing problem with Hyatt.

HITMEN OF 77
09-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Correct. When I called today, the person at the reservations desk knew what the hell was going on, and I had my reservation, complete with early arrival and late dismissal, made in five minutes.

I did email Scott Reifert about this, and he indicates that what happened to me last night is an ongoing problem with Hyatt.

When I called a week or two back, they had to transfer to a "special person" at the Hyatt for teh Soxfest reservations. So after 20 minutes, 3 transfers and a credit card #, I finally got my reservations.

Iwritecode
09-24-2005, 05:28 PM

Yes it is. I've had problems a couple of times the past few years when I've called them. For some reason some of the employees don't have a clue what's going on and others do.

Last year I got lucky on the first try. :cool:

jabrch
09-24-2005, 05:31 PM

*****!!!!! I'm still holding out hope that this team ends up above .500

Palehose13
09-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Has anyone found a link to buy tickets/reservations or do I have to call the Hyatt (which I want to avoid)?

Iwritecode
09-26-2005, 11:24 AM
Has anyone found a link to buy tickets/reservations or do I have to call the Hyatt (which I want to avoid)?

I believe you have to call the Hyatt. At least that's how I've always done it.

Even if you call the Sox number they transfer you...

steff
09-26-2005, 12:27 PM

You have to call them regardless. They have to keep track of the rooms. They knew what was going on on Thursday when I booked.

The Dude
09-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Anyone know the prices for the hotel per night and per person? I saw a figure from the sox board.

One and two-night hotel packages at the Hyatt Regency Chicago are available for $145 and $249 plus tax and include SoxFest passes.

Is that per person?

Iwritecode
09-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Anyone know the prices for the hotel per night and per person? I saw a figure from the sox board.

One and two-night hotel packages at the Hyatt Regency Chicago are available for $145 and $249 plus tax and include SoxFest passes.

Is that per person?

No, that's the total for the room. Pretty damn cheap when you divide it by 4 people. :wink:

Hint: When they ask how many people will be in the room tell them 2. They tried to charge me more last year because we had 3 in the room... :mad:

The Dude
09-26-2005, 07:20 PM
No, that's the total for the room. Pretty damn cheap when you divide it by 4 people. :wink:

Hint: When they ask how many people will be in the room tell them 2. They tried to charge me more last year because we had 3 in the room... :mad:

Thanks code, thats what i plan on doing.:cool:

chisoxfanatic
09-26-2005, 07:27 PM

Haha! That reminds me of a roadtrip I took back in college for the Missouri Valley Conference men's basketball tourney in St. Louis back in 2002. We booked two hotel rooms, and 19 of us shared those two. There were four of us in one room and fifteen in the other (we locked them in there when they were watching a movie in the other room). I hogged the entire king-sized bed in there. It was cozy! :D:

Palehose13
09-26-2005, 07:49 PM

I've always said 4 so I could get extra tickets, and have only had 2 in the room. They only charged me for 2 both years. You must look like trouble. :tongue: