PDA

View Full Version : Brendon Donnelly= Complete *******

Domeshot17
09-10-2005, 02:18 AM
Got inside at 5:30. Brendon Donnelly is sitting in the seats around 109-110, just foul of the pole. My G/F ( who many of you met, very nice girl) walks up nicely and says, excuse me sir, could you sign my ball?

(Mods Apologize, feel free to change this, but I am trying to qoute him exactly here)

Donnelly: (Long rant with lots of language filter violations deleted by VC. I don't care what was said, you CANNOT circumvent the filters. See you in a week.)

Someone hit a foul BP ball our way, Kate grabbed it off the ground the same time as a kid no more than 4, and immediately let go and said you take it. 2 shots later, erstad lined one right off her arm, which Donelly then laughed from 8 feet away and goes, " Serves that (more language filter violations - just type the word, people, the server will take it out and replace it with stars and you won't get a 7 day rip as a result) Right". then he moved over to right center, and taunted little kids with balls hit to the wall, and threw 1 of about 12 over, even though he taunted them with every one.

Security told me to calm down because I started yelling at him that he was a cheater, and asked security to check his glove for pine tar. But the gaurd we were talking too ( actually a great guy) pocketed the rocket off katies arm (went back on the field) and when the Angels jogged off he gave her the ball.

I was just shocked. I mean I could understand if I had asked him or was anywhere near Katie, cuz I look and am the stereotypical drinks and talks bs to the other teams players. But Katie genuinely was just in awe of being so close to a pro ball player (she even tried to shake his hand). It was absolutely disgusting. I have been to many Sox Road games, and seen the opposing teams fans get along well with our guys, even at Sox Cubs games. I plan on emailing the Angels about this, I know it wont get far, but wow, I was mind blown. Thought I would share this, as a team I actually respected ( not a fan of, but I respected the Angels) just lost a ton from me.

EDIT: Im lookin around the angels website, but I can not find any contact information. if anyone knows where to find it, can you PM me or post, Thank you.

chitownhawkfan
09-10-2005, 02:44 AM
This clown makes Bonds sound like Mother Theresa. But you can go to sleep tonight a little easier remembering just two little words regarding Donnelly. KAR- MA he will get his,

Domeshot17
09-10-2005, 02:50 AM
lol very true, Katie asked me if he was steroids and had " Roid Rage " even the Angels fans around us seemed shocked.

Over By There
09-10-2005, 09:24 AM
What a jerk, to put it lightly. FWIW, I was listening to the game on the radio last night when Donnelly came in the game, and Rooney & Farmer were really giving him the business. Sounds like you're not the only one with a distaste for this guy.

One of the things they did was read off every stop he's made in his pro career - it read like a geography lesson. He's been with a lot of teams (MLB and minors) and never lasted too long anywhere until the Angels. I'm thinking this type of attitude/behavior probably plays a part in that.

Mohoney
09-10-2005, 09:38 AM
The guy is nothing more than a picket line crossing, ball doctoring turd.

If you ever get that close to him again, and you really want to rile him up, ask to see his union card.

RKMeibalane
09-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Wow. Just wow. I'm going to glad when he's out of baseball completely, which shouldn't take that long now that everyone knows he can't play by the rules.

Brendon Donnelly = Worthless Piece of ****

SOXSINCE'70
09-10-2005, 10:02 AM
There's a word for people like Donnelly.
Take it from here.Dave Wills;

:wills
"DRILLROD!!"
Kudos to Francisco Rodriguez for being a man
(and the security guard who gave Katie the ball anyway).
And way to go,Katie,for letting a kid have the first foul ball. :thumbsup:

MRKARNO
09-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Report this incident to the MLB front office if you can't get ahold of the Angels F.O. From the Angels Web Site, their number is (888)-796-HALO, which I assume is their all purpose number. The people in the White Sox front office should be able to help you out too (312)-674-1000.

MLB has no tolerance for this kind of crap and it has no place at a game. When players are in uniform, they are held to a much higher standard than the fairly high standard they are held to in public. Don't just let this go by without doing something.

mccoydp
09-10-2005, 10:50 AM
I really hope you use the phone numbers provided and call this guy out to the Angels and/or the Sox offices. That kind of behavior is childlike, rude, and uncalled for. A professional baseball player has no business using language like that toward any fan, regardless of their favorite team.

SoxSpeed22
09-10-2005, 11:11 AM
This sounds like a game-blowing gopherball is coming...

The Dude
09-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Report this incident to the MLB front office if you can't get ahold of the Angels F.O. From the Angels Web Site, their number is (888)-796-HALO, which I assume is their all purpose number. The people in the White Sox front office should be able to help you out too (312)-674-1000.

MLB has no tolerance for this kind of crap and it has no place at a game. When players are in uniform, they are held to a much higher standard than the fairly high standard they are held to in public. Don't just let this go by without doing something.

Wow, I cant believe a player actually would say something to a fan, especially a girl that wasnt even taunting him! I remember sitting earlier this season in right field above the BP sports bar and yelled at Matt Stairs, "Hey Stairs, wheres your Mullet?" Immediately he turned around and laughed exclaiming, "I was getting too old for it!" What a class act! I was just simply joshing him and he took it like a man.

Then we have a jag-bag like Donnelly who simply cant just refuse a ball signing, but has to belittle a female fan. CALL THE NUMBER'S AND RAT THIS BASTARD OUT!
Donnelly=worthless ****ing piece of ****!!!

buehrle4cy05
09-10-2005, 11:18 AM
What a ******* piece of ****. Kudos to K-Rod for coming over and apologizing for his complete **** of a teammate.

6th_starter
09-10-2005, 11:36 AM
what did you say, if anything, to him?

voodoochile
09-10-2005, 12:15 PM
what did you say, if anything, to him?

You'll have to wait a week to find out...

Notice no one else got a rip for the multiple swear words because they didn't attempt to circumvent the filter...

DumpJerry
09-10-2005, 12:47 PM
The language filters won't get used in this description of Donnelly:

Donnelly=Kenny Rogers.

soxfanreggie
09-10-2005, 03:49 PM
You hate to see people like Donnelly getting paid tons to play a game they obviously can't respect. Who do they think spends the money that pays for their salaries. I know a player can't sign 5,000 autos per day or talk to every single fan, but there are certain instances when you should acknowledge fans...and never EVER should you say something like he did about a fan, especially in public.

LongLiveFisk
09-10-2005, 04:37 PM
You hate to see people like Donnelly getting paid tons to play a game they obviously can't respect. Who do they think spends the money that pays for their salaries. I know a player can't sign 5,000 autos per day or talk to every single fan, but there are certain instances when you should acknowledge fans...and never EVER should you say something like he did about a fan, especially in public.

And especially to someone who is not even giving you a hard time, just asking for an autograph. What a dirtbag! Up yours, Donnelly! :angry: