PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Tads campaigning for DH postgame

downstairs
09-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Oh, nevermind... 4 strikeouts.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Cora better get a tongue lashing after this one. And oh yeah - Gload get out of the way instead of standing there like a mook after the bunt. Too bad Jenks couldn't get the win.

Fuller_Schettman
09-09-2005, 11:58 PM
I missed the 11th. Was the play at the plate close on Aaron?

SOX ADDICT '73
09-09-2005, 11:59 PM
How many teams win games in which their 1-3 hitters go oh-for-16?

Hendu
09-09-2005, 11:59 PM

Not very. The ball beat him by a few steps.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-10-2005, 12:00 AM
Merge with other thread. We gotta get maintain composure on the field come playoff time. Cora better wakeup or he may cost us everything.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-10-2005, 12:01 AM
Yeah, close to Rowand getting his collarbone broken on an ill-advised headfirst slide.

No way should Cora have sent Aaron. We all saw where Rowand was when the ball got through the infield.

Molina had time to make a sandwich waiting for him.

Parrothead
09-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Why is Cora (spanish for Wendell Kim) sending Rowand on that hit. Could have had bags loaded and one out. That game should have been won. Cora needs to be smarter.

chisoxmike
09-10-2005, 12:04 AM
It seems that the Sox get sloppy in extra innings games. The past few extra innings games they've have many opportunites to score and they can't get it done... remember the 16 inning affair!

Bobby Jenks was amazing yet again, and Paulie really is leading the team right now. Go get 'em tomorrow, bright and early! (At least in baseball world)

pczarapa

Not really, he was dead meat

ndu3t4
That game was horible. Once again, Mark proves that he can't handle an above average offense, but can someone look up the balk rule to see what the umpire was thinking. I'm not gonna blame Joey for sending Aaron; it was extra innings, he didn't know if he would have had another shot. Had he held him, Vlad probably would have thrown him out on Blums fly ball anyway. I really don't wanna make a big deal out of a small, two game slide, but I don't think Cleveland is ever gonna lose another game this year (half teal).

LuvSox
09-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Why is Cora (spanish for Wendell Kim) sending Rowand on that hit. Could have had bags loaded and one out. That game should have been won. Cora needs to be smarter.

:angry: Joey Cora :angry:

pczarapa
09-10-2005, 12:07 AM

I can only think that he knows how bad Blum is with the stick. He left 4 on base tonight. He needs to take a seat, his glove does not justify his .200 average in the lineup.

lths06
09-10-2005, 12:08 AM
but I don't think Cleveland is ever gonna lose another game this year (half teal).

I have the same feeling:(: :mad:

ChicagoHoosier
09-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Hopefully I'll see the replay on the Rowand play. I've been on Cora's side all year long, but from what i'm seeing posted, it was a major gaffe.

But, we still had guys on 2nd and 3rd, so we still had a nice chance to win this one. Multiple chances, even. Just didn't do it.

mike squires
09-10-2005, 12:09 AM
Man, I thought I'd log in to be dissapointed. Then I saw the thread title and thought maybe I was wrong. It took me a few posts to find out what happened and then, yup dissapointed. Game as on CIU so I wasn't able to watch it. I think it's about time the Sox start coaching like it's a playoff game. Would Cora still have sent him if it's a 1 game playoff or game 5 of the ALDS. Like I said I didn't watch it but sounds like...hell I don't know what I'm trying to say.

DickAllen72
The worst part of tonight's game was Hawk's bush league telecast. "It's a home run, no it's caught, no it's not he's out he's safe, mercy..."

Anyone notice Hawk taking little swipes at Gload? Gload comes in as a pinch hitter and comes in swinging like he should, get's good wood on the ball, hits it to deep left where it's caught a foot or two shy of the warning track. Hawk's comment--"Well that's a homer in Charlotte."

Next time up Gload moves out of the way of an inside pitch. Hawk's comment--"That was a good time to take one for the team."

Now Gload did not get the job done tonight but it's been a long time since he's seen a pitch. It seems that Hawk was going out of his way to take his jabs at Gload. I guess Gload must have gotten on Hawk's **** list.

JUribe1989
I think dark clouds should be allowed to come out tonight. This game is just as bad as the 3 HR Shingo game and the 16 inning Minnesota Melee. I could't stand to watch up drop that one. The goat is Everett, we had a chance to win this game earlier but Everett got doubled off for god knows what reason at first. He wasn't even the winning run. This is a game where you have to say, we gotta go out and get them tomorrow and just not talk about it to your players. Tomorrow is a new game and if Cleveland loses tomorrow and we win, we gain those games right back and reduce the magic number. So, I have very mixed feelings tonight.

THANK YOU WSI! For allowing me to rant! This place helps me so much.
I'll give one dancing banana
:bandance:=Konerko (Congrats on number 37)

cheeses_h_rice
I certainly hope Ozzie takes a meeting with the team and his coaches to emphasize how important the basics are. The Sox gave this game to the Angels, plain and simple.

The bad:

1. Mark Buehrle. Yeah, he got jobbed on yet another phantom balk call, but the fact is, he has been mostly mediocre if not terrible the last month or two. I'm not sure what's going on, if he's getting scouted more effectively or just not hitting his spots, but his struggles are very worrying at this late stage in the game. I no longer think of him as an automatic #1 or #2 starter in the postseason.

2. Carl Everett. He giveth (that grab of Cabrera's home run over the LF wall), and he taketh away (that completely assheaded running play getting doubled off first base WHEN HE WAS NOT THE IMPORTANT RUNNER. IMO, that could be the worst running play by a Sox player this year. Also, he didn't even seem to be busting to pursue Vlad's double in the last inning -- Aaron had to come way over to even get close to making a play on it.

3. Joey Cora. Seriously, Joey? Can you maybe figure out which of our runners are fast and which ones aren't, and then give your signals accordingly? Sure, a bad throw by the LF and we win the game, but it would have been bases loaded, 1 out if you kept Rowand at third. A sac fly wins it.

4. Tadahito. Just a terrible game from him, capped off by his errant throw to home when Vlad scored from second. Dunno if he's just burning out, but I really would love to see the Tadahito of May/June/July again.

Tomorrow night it doesn't get any easier, as we face the King Twinkee Inhaler himself. We gotta get back on track and keep that magic number ticking downward again.

JUribe1989
09-10-2005, 12:10 AM
I can only think that he knows how bad Blum is with the stick. He left 4 on base tonight. He needs to take a seat, his glove does not justify his .200 average in the lineup.

I don't even think Blum has a good glove at third. He's just kind of a waste.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-10-2005, 12:10 AM
Hopefully I'll see the replay on the Rowand play. I've been on Cora's side all year long, but from what i'm seeing posted, it was a major gaffe.

But, we still had guys on 2nd and 3rd, so we still had a nice chance to win this one. Multiple chances, even. Just didn't do it.

With 1 out, Vlad the thrower and the position of the hit and ball and runner NO WAY do you send Rowand. You let PH (for Blum) get a sac fly or hit to win it with 1 out.

pczarapa
09-10-2005, 12:11 AM
That game was horible. Once again, Mark proves that he can't handle an above average offense, but can someone look up the balk rule to see what the umpire was thinking. I'm not gonna blame Joey for sending Aaron; it was extra innings, he didn't know if he would have had another shot. Had he held him, Vlad probably would have thrown him out on Blums fly ball anyway. I really don't wanna make a big deal out of a small, two game slide, but I don't think Cleveland is ever gonna lose another game this year (half teal).

Cleveland is on a tear, but I don't think they'll keep up this pace. They've got 2 more with Minn, 3 with Oakland, 4 with us, but they do get KC for 7 games and TB for 3. We just have to do our job when we play them, our fate is in our own hands.

duke of dorwood
Cora's inability to think on the fly has become a liability

Banix12
I was at the game and I have a couple questions. In the fifth what happened on that play where the guy advanced to second for some reason, was it a balk? And did Buehrle really step off the bag on that double play or did the ump blow the call. Just curious since I never saw the replays or analysis.

pczarapa
09-10-2005, 12:12 AM
I don't even think Blum has a good glove at third. He's just kind of a waste.

I totally agree

SOX ADDICT '73
09-10-2005, 12:12 AM
With 1 out, Vlad the thrower and the position of the hit and ball and runner NO WAY do you send Rowand. You let PH (for Blum) get a sac fly or hit to win it with 1 out.
Vlad wasn't the thrower. It was the just-inserted Juan Rivera. Figures.

ChicagoHoosier
09-10-2005, 12:13 AM
You put it that way, seems kinda obvious. I like aggressive, but one out, bases loaded... yeesh, easy to second guess, but I sure HATE losing like this. Let's get the next two and wash this taste out of my mouth.

DickAllen72
09-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Burn those puke green uniforms.

infohawk
I didn't get to see the game, but from looking at the box score it seems to me that the Sox played well enough with the exception of a bad start by Buerhle. The offense scored 5 runs and only one run was scored on the bullpen. I know that a loss is a loss, but it doesn't seem like it was a miserable effort by everyone.

oeo

That's BS that Mark can't handle an above average offense. He's had a few tough starts, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he sucks against good offensive teams. Besides the fact that the offense had 2 innings of back-to-back shots to win the game.

Chisox003
-Paulie with his 200th HR as a member of the White Sox, and now hitting .283 on the season (37 HR's)

-Juan Uribe remains on an absolute tear ..... 64 RBI's by a SS not named Tejada is pretty damn good

-Jenks 3 innings, 5 K's .... Stud

Now for the bad parts..........Eh, get em tomorrow

downstairs
09-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Look... this game means nothing...

But pretty soon there is going to be a throw or a swing that defines the season or career of some of these guys.

Thus far they've shown nothing in those situations, beyond maybe AJ's home run vs. the Dodgers.

And that's fine. Its just the regular season.

I just hope that if this is the playoffs... Tads knows that he cannot make a bad throw in that situation. And if he does, he knows he has to make something happen in his next at bat.

Ugh.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-10-2005, 12:16 AM
You put it that way, seems kinda obvious. I like aggressive, but one out, bases loaded... yeesh, easy to second guess, but I sure HATE losing like this. Let's get the next two and wash this taste out of my mouth.

It just wasn't a close play. I forgot it was to LF, not Right - Thanks for the correction Sox Addict. I heard it and thought the announcer said Vlad. I saw the tail end of the replay and Molina was just waiting there.

About the 10th time I remember a runner gets gunned down by over 10 - 15 feet. You just can't let your runners get hung out to dry.

ndu3t4
09-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Maybe he is just having some down time. All I know is he better shape up come October.

oeo
09-10-2005, 12:17 AM
I just hope they don't play like this next month. How about seeing that good ball we saw against the Tigers...or was it only good because it was the Tigers? I'm really getting worried about our shot in the playoffs.

ChicagoHoosier
09-10-2005, 12:18 AM
-Paulie with his 200th HR as a member of the White Sox, and now hitting .283 on the season (37 HR's)

-Juan Uribe remains on an absolute tear ..... 64 RBI's by a SS not named Tejada is pretty damn good

Now for the bad parts..........Eh, get em tomorrow

I like this attitude. We've played well recently. Let's just put this behind us. If we continue a few games like tonight, then I'll bitch more.

LuvSox

All good points. Jenks was awesome tonight.

StillMissOzzie
Cleveland is on a tear, but I don't think they'll keep up this pace. They've got 2 more with Minn, 3 with Oakland, 4 with us, but they do get KC for 7 games and TB for 3. We just have to do our job when we play them, our fate is in our own hands.

Cleveland has 6 games left vs. the Sox, including the last 3 of the regular season in Cleveland.

SMO
:gulp:

SouthSide_HitMen
09-10-2005, 12:19 AM
4. Tadahito. Just a terrible game from him, capped off by his errant throw to home when Vlad scored from second. Dunno if he's just burning out, but I really would love to see the Tadahito of May/June/July again.

Tadahito had no clear throw to the plate because Gload was standing directly in the path of the throw standing around doing nothing but daydreaming after coming up for the bunt. If Konerko is on the field he gets out of the way and the throw is at home and Vlad is a dead duck.

JUribe1989
I just hope they don't play like this next month. How about seeing that good ball we saw against the Tigers...or was it only good because it was the Tigers? I'm really getting worried about our shot in the playoffs.

I really just want to make the playoffs first, then worry about how we will do in them. We still have to keep winning. Cleveland has to go 19-4 or something to pass us. With the way their playing, I don't even know. It's just scary. Ah hell, I bet we come out and win tomorrow. Big Jon needs to pitch a big game. I think Baker can beat Elarton and we can get that game right back tomorrow.

Chisox003
Oh here we go.....2 consecutive losses and they're back

Go AWAY!!!

:darkcloud:

ndu3t4
... and against his former team none the less. Didn't he say that he was counting the days till we played the angels? Too bad we couldn't get him the W.

The Dude
09-10-2005, 12:21 AM
Tadahito had no clear throw to the plate because Gload was standing directly in the path of the throw standing around doing nothing but daydreaming after coming up for the bunt. If Konerko is on the field he gets out of the way and the throw is at home and Vlad is a dead duck.

Maybe it's a ****ty way of Gload showing his disgust for playing in the minors all season.

Jenks was awesome, PK was awesome, and for the rest of the players it was
corpseball plain and simple. Lets get Fatolo tomorrow!

delben91
09-10-2005, 12:21 AM
I'm getting my two cents in and then going to bed.

Stop freaking out over this game. Buehrle had a rough start. The bullpen was outstanding. The bats were there. The Angels' second baseman took away at least two hits with diving grabs, and then Quinlann at third took away a double down the line.

In the 10th, Paulie hit what likely would've been a line shot up the alley in right center, a single at least, but the second baseman again didn't have to move, and doubled Carl off first.

Rowand got nailed by a perfect throw. A foot higher, or a foot to the right, he's in there, game over.

The Angels got a ton of breaks, and Buehrle wasn't sharp. That won't happen every game, at least not the opposition getting every break. Oh, and amazing though it may sound, the Indians will lose a few games before the month is over.

Oh, yeah, and Iguchi checked his swing, and hell if I could see Mark's "balk" so there's a few more breaks for those fellas from somewhere in California.

The game against the Royals bothered me, this one, just bad luck, and that happens sometimes.

Go get them tomorrow. GO SOX!

oeo
09-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Oh here we go.....2 consecutive losses and they're back

Go AWAY!!!

:darkcloud:

Okay...there is actual reason for concern. Everyone is a dark cloud these days, all I said was basically, they need to shape up before next month. There's no way you can deny that.

pczarapa
09-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Cleveland has 6 games left vs. the Sox, including the last 3 of the regular season in Cleveland.

SMO

Whoops, sorry, didn't flip the schedule over to October.

Yikes, I hope they cool off some

BigEdWalsh
09-10-2005, 12:23 AM
We've played well recently. Let's just put this behind us. If we continue a few games like tonight, then I'll bitch more.

Pretty much the way that I feel. There was so much good about tonights game, but just as much, if not more was bad. However, still 7 1/2 up, but games with Cleveland are looming large.

infohawk
I don't think Cleveland is ever gonna lose another game this year (half teal).

Yeah, they sure are playing good ball. It really helps that their schedule has been so easy too. Not to detract from their efforts, they played a tougher schedule earlier in the season and they did beat Santana.

Anyway, I'm just glad that the Sox already have 87 wins. I still think we will hang on and win the division, but it's nice knowing the wildcard is probably just a few games away if we were to need it.

One thing that still might cause Cleveland to stumble a bit is their reliance on the homerun. I heard some statistic tonight about how something like 15 of their last 17 runs have been from homers. They may keep that up, who knows, but if the homers dry up for a while they could lose some games.

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but Cleveland's youth and talent will make them a very tough team to beat over the next few years. I like our chances to compete with them as long as we keep a solid rotation over the next few seasons.

StillMissOzzie
I was at the game and I have a couple questions. In the fifth what happened on that play where the guy advanced to second for some reason, was it a balk? And did Buehrle really step off the bag on that double play or did the ump blow the call. Just curious since I never saw the replays or analysis.

The balk call was total BS, but Buehrle never did touch first base on that 3-6-1 DP attempt.

SMO

SouthSide_HitMen
09-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Maybe it's a ****ty way of Gload showing his disgust for playing in the minors all season.

He's 29 heading on retirement. There is a reason he won't be on the post season roster. He is a minor league ballplayer. You have 9 home runs in 170 games in the majors at 29 as a DH / 1B you are minor league filler. Period.

ndu3t4
09-10-2005, 12:25 AM
What was the actual call on the balk? I had no idea what Hawk and DJ were talking about.

Chisox003
09-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Okay...there is actual reason for concern. Everyone is a dark cloud these days, all I said was basically, they need to shape up before next month. There's no way you can deny that.
Ok, and I highly doubt in a month we are going to see Pablo leading off, Everett playing LF, Blum (period), Gload pinch hitting for our leadoff hitter and staying in to play the field, Hermanson coming in a non-save situation, and green uniforms

Gooch had a bad day, Buehrle pitched like poo ..... The playoffs are a different animal, and both these guys are gamers. "There's no way you can deny that"

Need I say more?

chisoxmike
09-10-2005, 12:28 AM

SMO

Eh, those last 3 games at Cleveland shouldn't mean much for the Sox. The division SHOULD be wrapped up by then.

Mr. White Sox
09-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Yet, Ozzie will still be there. A certain S. Podsednik...no wait, that's too obvious...a certain Scott P. could have been used in many situations in this game, and he wasn't. Buehrle was mediocre at best, and I didn't get the balk call. Ditch the green, boys!

Tough game, get 'em tomorrow.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-10-2005, 12:30 AM
The game against the Royals bothered me, this one, just bad luck, and that happens sometimes.

Go get them tomorrow. GO SOX!

We did get some bad breaks but we made some bonehead plays and those are the ones that bother me. If our pitcher doesn't have it or we have trouble scoring against a good pitcher fine. If we blow the game with several stupid plays those are the ones that linger after the game.

We will win the Central - What I want is the team to have better focus come October. Without it we cannot win it all.

I am done ranting. Good night!

oeo
Ok, and I highly doubt in a month we are going to see Pablo leading off, Everett playing LF, Blum (period), Gload pinch hitting for our leadoff hitter and staying in to play the field, Hermanson coming in a non-save situation, and green uniforms

Gooch had a bad day, Buehrle pitched like poo ..... The playoffs are a different animal, and both these guys are gamers. "There's no way you can deny that"

Need I say more?

That's not the point, they should have won this game and they should have won yesterday's game. And the first two games against KC should not have been so close. I understand that our lineup is not out there, but these MISTAKES are killing me.

JB98
I don't have the stats to back this up, but it seems like we always lose our extra-inning games at home. On the road, we always win them. Usually, isn't it the other way around?

TheOldRoman
09-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Everyone is a dark cloud these days
Nope. Not even close. Just the insane ones.:rolleyes:

Oh my god, the Indians are winning games against the Tigers who stopped trying three weeks ago and the Twins who dont care now that they have almost no chance for the wildcard. Its a good thing for the Indians that they don't play any contending or hot teams the rest of the way.

Oh wait, what is this? Their schedule...
3 against Oakland
6 against us (who they can't beat to save their lives)
3 against Tampa (one of the hottest teams the 2nd half)

BigEdWalsh
09-10-2005, 12:33 AM
We did get some bad breaks but we made some bonehead plays and those are the ones that bother me. If our pitcher doesn't have it or we have trouble scoring against a good pitcher fine. If we blow the game with several stupid plays those are the ones that linger after the game.

We will win the Central - What I want is the team to have better focus come October. Without it we cannot win it all.

I am done ranting. Good night!

Good rant. I'm going to bed too. This is my 57th post in the last 24 hours. My God, I've become WhiteSoxJosh!! Good night!

Chisox003
09-10-2005, 12:36 AM
That's not the point, they should have won this game and they should have won yesterday's game. And the first two games against KC should not have been so close. I understand that our lineup is not out there, but these MISTAKES are killing me.
Wait, wait .... What's not the point? The fact that we have a B lineup in against a team fighting for a playoff spot doesn't matter?

On top of that, youre complaining that "the first two games against KC should not have been so close" .... Now youre crying about WINS?!? Thats the definition of a dark cloud my friend

And how do you figure they should have won yesterdays game? Explain......

TornLabrum
09-10-2005, 12:37 AM
Aggressiveness by a third base coach is one thing, but Cora just flat out blew it. I could see from the camera shot that Rivera was in the right position, moving in the right direction, and shallow enough where even a moderately bad throw would have nailed Aaron. I hope Cora admits to himself that he made a mistake on that one.

JB98
09-10-2005, 12:37 AM

Oh my god, the Indians are winning games against the Tigers who stopped trying three weeks ago and the Twins who dont care now that they have almost no chance for the wildcard. Its a good thing for the Indians that they don't play any contending or hot teams the rest of the way.

3 against Oakland

The Tribe is 27-9 in their last 36 games or something like that. Guess who four of those losses are against?

The Devil Rays.

I'm not worried about 'em. I only worry about us. We just couldn't get the key hit tonight. It's frustrating, but 7-2 in September is still OK in my book.

chisoxmike
09-10-2005, 12:39 AM
I don't have the stats to back this up, but it seems like we always lose our extra-inning games at home. On the road, we always win them. Usually, isn't it the other way around?

0-6 this year at home in extras.:?: The Sox usually are just one hit away too from winning those games and can't come through. They get stupid.

oeo
09-10-2005, 12:39 AM

3 against Oakland

No...the "accusations" come out like crazy. If you're not totally optimistic, you're a dark cloud...that's ridiculous and I don't think that was the original meaning of a dark cloud. I'm not coming in here saying they're doomed. All I said was I was a little worried, and whether you want to admit it or not, I'm sure you are as well. Not once did I even say anything about the Indians...I'm not worried about the Indians, we're going to the playoffs. Hence the hoping they shape up by next month.

JB98
09-10-2005, 12:40 AM
0-6 this year at home in extras.:?: The Sox usually are just one hit away too from winning those games and can't come through. They get stupid.

Well, I guess Juan found a hole with that single. Unfortunately, Cora still sucks. We ran ourselves out of two of the extra innings. Carl made a bad baserunning play when he got doubled off on Konerko's liner in the 10th.

FielderJones
09-10-2005, 12:43 AM
What was the actual call on the balk? I had no idea what Hawk and DJ were talking about.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/official_info/official_rules/pitcher_8.jsp

The pitcher, following his stretch, must (a) hold the ball in both hands in front of his body and (b) come to a complete stop.

That Buehrle did, in fact, come to a complete stop somehow escaped the first base umpire. This was one time that I agreed with Hawk's bitching and moaning.

Frankfan4life
09-10-2005, 12:43 AM
I've been trying to think of something positive to say. All I can come up with is...well, we're still in first place. Good night.

Vernam
09-10-2005, 12:45 AM
That's not the point, they should have won this game and they should have won yesterday's game. And the first two games against KC should not have been so close. I understand that our lineup is not out there, but these MISTAKES are killing me.Yeah, it's like the pressure of knowing they need to be perfect to win is getting to them. There's no margin for error, and that takes a toll on hitters, fielders, and pitchers -- though the latter are holding up pretty well, Buehrle's funk notwithstanding.

I agree w/ DickAllen that Hawk was dissing Gload, and rightly so. The guy is not in a position to complain about being stuck in the minors. He won't be back next year. Not one of Hawk's best games either, though . . .

The outcome was such a letdown after how Jenks pitched. If that doesn't inspire you, something's wrong.

We need the next two, our last chances to measure up against a legitimate contender before the playoffs. Unless the Indians end up being legitimate contenders. :o:

VC

chisoxmike
09-10-2005, 12:48 AM
On another note, the Sox also have problems with games that go back and forth with scoring. Mainly because they are a team that gets the lead, and the pitching holds it. Our offense won't win shoot outs and see saw games most of the time.

Viva Medias B's
09-10-2005, 12:48 AM
I just got back from the ballgame. They better not go through the motions on Saturday.

VivaOzzie
09-10-2005, 12:51 AM
I think if Pods is in left, Vlad's double off the wall is caught. Rowand almost got there but he looked scared at what the hell Carl might do.

Also, and hindsight is 20-20, but when Ozzie pinch hit Gload for Ozuna, he was upgrading D and batting a lefty. Well if you pinch hit Pods instead, you take Carl out of left and throw him in DH, Pods in left AND leading off the inning. Maybe a completely different outcome.

JB98
09-10-2005, 12:51 AM
Yeah, it's like the pressure of knowing they need to be perfect to win is getting to them. There's no margin for error, and that takes a toll on hitters, fielders, and pitchers -- though the latter are holding up pretty well, Buehrle's funk notwithstanding.

I agree w/ DickAllen that Hawk was dissing Gload, and rightly so. The guy is not in a position to complain about being stuck in the minors. He won't be back next year. Not one of Hawk's best games either, though . . .

The outcome was such a letdown after how Jenks pitched. If that doesn't inspire you, something's wrong.

We need the next two, our last chances to measure up against a legitimate contender before the playoffs. Unless the Indians end up being legitimate contenders. :o:

VC

Well, the Indians are leading the wild-card race. I'd call them legitimate contenders, although I think they are out of luck in the AL Central race.

dannycater
09-10-2005, 12:52 AM
No...the "accusations" come out like crazy. If you're not totally optimistic, you're a dark cloud...that's ridiculous and I don't think that was the original meaning of a dark cloud. I'm not coming in here saying they're doomed. All I said was I was a little worried, and whether you want to admit it or not, I'm sure you are as well. Not once did I even say anything about the Indians...I'm not worried about the Indians, we're going to the playoffs. Hence the hoping they shape up by next month.

I would like to understand this a bit better....I'm a newbie, but a frequent lurker, and none of this really makes any sense to me...

I was under the impression that a "dark cloud" was someone that maintained a negative view of the Sox, the organization, etc., no matter what....

I think it's unrealistic to expect fans to be completely optimistic, no matter what the outcomes of the games are....the game tonite is a good example..you have to expect some frustration to come out, especially with the way things unfolded tonite...it's the stretch run of the season and you'd like to see the Sox enter the playoffs with some momentum

I've been a Sox fan for a long, long time and I've never seen or heard anything like this before.....so please bring me up to speed on what makes folks so quick to point the finger and label somone a "dark cloud" ??

oeo
09-10-2005, 12:57 AM
I would like to understand this a bit better....I'm a newbie, but a frequent lurker, and none of this really makes any sense to me...

I was under the impression that a "dark cloud" was someone that maintained a negative view of the Sox, the organization, etc., no matter what....

I think it's unrealistic to expect fans to be completely optimistic, no matter what the outcomes of the games are....the game tonite is a good example...you to expect some frustration to come out, especially with the way things unfolded tonite...

I've been a Sox fan for a long, long time and I've never seen or heard anything like this before.....so please bring me up to speed on what makes folks so quick to point the finger and label somone a "dark cloud" ??

Well...I always thought that a dark cloud was how you explained. But I don't think some people understand that...they think if you say one negative thing you're a dark cloud, and I didn't even say anything negative. Maybe we need an official definition, but this term is getting so overused, it's getting to the point that it shouldn't be used anymore. I'm not going to live in lala land, drinking the kool aid, and wearing the rose-colored glasses. I don't come in here saying the Sox are this, the Sox are that, all I said was I was worried about their shot in the playoffs.

FielderJones
09-10-2005, 01:02 AM
Also, and hindsight is 20-20, but when Ozzie pinch hit Gload for Ozuna, he was upgrading D and batting a lefty. Well if you pinch hit Pods instead, you take Carl out of left and throw him in DH, Pods in left AND leading off the inning. Maybe a completely different outcome.

Moving a position player to DH forces the pitcher into the batting order.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/official_info/official_rules/batter_6.jsp

The Designated Hitter may be used defensively, continuing to bat in the same position in the batting order, but the pitcher must then bat in the place of the substituted defensive player, unless more than one substitution is made, and the manager then must designate their spots in the batting order.

chisoxfanatic
09-10-2005, 01:03 AM
That should NOT have even gone into extras! Buehrle did not balk in the score-tying 5th inning. That was just brutal!

VivaOzzie
09-10-2005, 01:06 AM
Moving a position player to DH forces the pitcher into the batting order.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/official_info/official_rules/batter_6.jsp

The Designated Hitter may be used defensively, continuing to bat in the same position in the batting order, but the pitcher must then bat in the place of the substituted defensive player, unless more than one substitution is made, and the manager then must designate their spots in the batting order.

Carl to 3B then! :redneck

Thanks, now I'm a little less upset about the loss. It's a tough one to take though.

Chisox003
09-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Well...I always thought that a dark cloud was how you explained. But I don't think some people understand that...they think if you say one negative thing you're a dark cloud, and I didn't even say anything negative. Maybe we need an official definition, but this term is getting so overused, it's getting to the point that it shouldn't be used anymore. I'm not going to live in lala land, drinking the kool aid, and wearing the rose-colored glasses. I don't come in here saying the Sox are this, the Sox are that, all I said was I was worried about their shot in the playoffs.
You also complained about not only the loss yesterday, but the 2 WINS the days before!

How ridiculous is that?

noquitter
09-10-2005, 01:11 AM
I've been trying to think of something positive to say. All I can come up with is...well, we're still in first place. Good night.I would call your negative, quitting no guts ass a ****ing *******, but that would be an insult to ****ing *******s everywhere.

JUribe1989
09-10-2005, 01:13 AM
I would call your negative, quitting no guts ass a ****ing *******, but that would be an insult to ****ing *******s everywhere.

Parental Content
Explicit Lyrics

HE GAWN!

DickAllen72
09-10-2005, 01:14 AM
VC

Hawk is a tool. Maybe Gload is not in a position to complain about being stuck in the minors, but he only made those comments once. The fact is Gload performed well with the Sox last year, and lost his job due to his injury this year. He did tear the cover off the ball down in the minors, but since being called back up he hasn't had a chance to get any at bats.

Tonight he comes in as a pinch hitter after not facing live pitching in quite a while and flys out. Hawk could have just called it a fly out, but instead he sarcastically quips "Well that's a home run in Charlotte." Remember, this was Gload's first appearance of the game and first plate appearance in quite some time. Unless Gload has been whining on the bench since his return, there was no reason for Hawk to diss him like that.

Whether or not Gload is any good or not is irrelevant. Hawk was not dissing him due to his performance. It sounded like it was personal.

Speaking of bad performance, how about Hawk calling the end of an inning when there was only two outs the other day? DJ tried to bail him out by joking "We're messing with you, partner. We tampered with your score sheet." If DJ made the same mistake, Hawk would leave him hanging out to dry.

Sometimes I enjoy Hawk, but he's beginning to wear thin and the fact that he's a tool comes across in his telecasts.

noquitter
I just got back from the ballgame. They better not go through the motions on Saturday.It's great to see an appearance from your pants ****ting ****ing wussy ass. Do you just sit around waiting for consecutive defeats so you can publicly piss your pants? **** off. You are an insult to anybody who has ever called themselves a Sox fan.

TheOldRoman

I think it's unrealistic to expect fans to be completely optimistic, no matter what the outcomes of the games are....the game tonite is a good example..you have to expect some frustration to come out, especially with the way things unfolded tonite...it's the stretch run of the season and you'd like to see the Sox enter the playoffs with some momentum

I think it is very realistic to be completely optimistic. I am, even after tonight's game.:rolleyes:
Tonight's game was frustrating as hell for me. I really wanted the Sox to win, and I was pissed when we lost. That doesn't mean Im not optimistic. This loss sucks, but we are still headed to the playoffs. This loss means less than nothing in the whole scheme of things, so why should it squash my optimism? Nothing changed. Nobody got hurt. We weren't eliminated. We will play again tomorrow.
It is one thing to bitch about losing (because we all hate losing), but when people make ridiculous and baseless comments like "Buehrle cant pitch against good hitting teams" or "the Indians wont lose another game" they cross the line of sanity and become dark clouds. To them, every loss is the end of the world, and every win is not good enough. Frustration and optimism are not mutually exclusive. Many people posting in this thread seem to think this loss is the end of the world. If you aren't completely optimistic about the team with the best record in baseball (give or take a win) with the best pitching staff in baseball, then you need to find a new sport.

LuvSox
09-10-2005, 01:15 AM
I would call your negative, quitting no guts ass a ****ing *******, but that would be an insult to ****ing *******s everywhere.

Nice knowing ya

noquitter
09-10-2005, 01:15 AM
Parental Content
Explicit Lyrics

HE GAWN!I doubt it, *******. I let the filters do their thing.

Chisox003
09-10-2005, 01:16 AM
It's great to see an appearance from your pants ****ting ****ing wussy ass. Do you just sit around waiting for consecutive defeats so you can publicly piss your pants? **** off. You are an insult to anybody who has ever called themselves a Sox fan.

Are you sure HE's the insult?

Hope you enjoyed your time here

noquitter
09-10-2005, 01:16 AM
Nice knowing yaI guarantee you will be whacked before me if you want to start anything, so shut the hell up you ****ing Dark Cloud apologist.

LuvSox
09-10-2005, 01:17 AM
It's great to see an appearance from your pants ****ting ****ing wussy ass. Do you just sit around waiting for consecutive defeats so you can publicly piss your pants? **** off. You are an insult to anybody who has ever called themselves a Sox fan.

That's two threads you're being anti social in.

noquitter
09-10-2005, 01:18 AM
That's two threads you're being anti social in.I'm being antisocial? The resurgance of the pants pissing Dark Clouds is pathetic. Get a ****ing clue.

LuvSox
I guarantee you will be whacked before me if you want to start anything, so shut the hell up you ****ing Dark Cloud apologist.

The cards are on the table.

BeviBall!
I think Cora made the right decision... that was our first hit since PKs homer. And with B(l)um up next... yeah, it was the right call. Rivera just made a perfect throw.

This game falls on MB, our ace, who blew not one but two leads. You cannot, repeat, cannot yield a HR to Rob Quinlan.

JG needs to go 8 tomorrow because Politte ande Jenks are done for the weekend.

Also, lets not forget about Carl's baserunning blunder in the 10th. Your run means nothing Crazy... you should practically have a foot on the base at all times.

oeo
You also complained about not only the loss yesterday, but the 2 WINS the days before!

How ridiculous is that?

It's almost as ridiculous as you coming here and calling me a dark cloud. It's not like you have invalidated any of my points, you just tell me how ridiculous I am? Am I really that ridiculous, or are you worried as well, like every Sox fan is. Everyone wants to see them succeed and cannot take another bomb of a season...I want them to succeed as well...I'm not saying they're doomed. You sir do not know what a dark cloud is.

Rikirk
Is there some way to penalize Umpires for making bad calls?

Tadahito did not go around on that swing and Buehrle did not Balk!

There has to be some way to get it into these 2 bit umpires to quit making bad calls.

I say someone meets that ump at his car with a baseball bat.:angry:

noquitter
09-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Are you sure HE's the insult?

Hope you enjoyed your time hereYes, I am sure.

chisoxfanatic
09-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Aggressiveness by a third base coach is one thing, but Cora just flat out blew it.

Agreed. It looked like a Wally Kim play to me... :thud:

noquitter
09-10-2005, 01:20 AM
The cards are on the table.And let's see them played out Einstein. :cool:

billyvsox
09-10-2005, 01:21 AM
Chisox Mike as usual, you are right on.

We are 0-6 in extras at home. Can't get the big hit because everyone is trying to be a home run - walk off hero.

The only one who consistantly gets big hits TIMO was nowhere to be ssen tonight. He should have hit for Blum after A.R. got nailed at home, but we would have had noone to play third, since Gload (why??) replaced Ozuna and Paulie was the DH.

I realize Ozzie manages by hunches, and put trust in his players, but he never ever thinks ahead. Even with expanded rosters he can't utilize Timo or Scottie Po. Why Was Carl still in left in the 12th anyway (defense??).

I hate to be on the dark side again, but Cleveland can keep up the pace and you better believe they cant wait to play 6 games against us.

This is simply not the time to be screwing around. We must start playing do or die until we clinch it all (Division, Home Field, etccc).

Anyone who is a realist can see after the hot streak this team was unmotivated to sweep KC and shoud have won tonight..period. It reminded me of the Gene Lamont days.

TheOldRoman
09-10-2005, 01:21 AM
noquitter, this Bud's for you!:gulp:
He has throughly humiliated himself on these boards to the point that he probably has little respect from anyone. He is the mods personal Donny from "the Big Lebowski". I have seen FarWest and Voodoo tell him to shut the **** up multiple times.

Shut the **** up, Viva! You're out of your element

:)

noquitter
09-10-2005, 01:22 AM
I hate to be on the dark side again...Then don't you wimp.

cheeses_h_rice
09-10-2005, 01:23 AM

Wow, insulting another poster and avoiding the language filters 3 separate times.

I have a feeling that your time here will be nasty, brutish and short.

noquitter
09-10-2005, 01:24 AM
noquitter, this Bud's for you!:gulp:
He has throughly humiliated himself on these boards to the point that he has no respect from anyone. I normally roll my eyes and laugh aloud when I see his name at the top of a post, even before I read it (because I know what's coming). He is the mods personal Donny from "the Big Lebowski". I have seen FarWest and Voodoo tell him to shut the **** up multiple times.

Shut the **** up, Viva! You're out of your element

:)Rock on, Roman!! It's good to see somebody with some guts around here tonight! :thumbsup:

noquitter
09-10-2005, 01:24 AM
Wow, insulting another poster and avoiding the language filters 3 separate times.

I have a feeling that your time here will be nasty, brutish and short.:?: Where did I avoid the language filters? And I insulted trolls, not posters. :rolleyes:

monkeypants
09-10-2005, 01:26 AM
Let's not forget one more reason why we lost. Vlad is one hell of an athlete. Even when he stands at home to admire his double, he still was fast enough to compensate for that mistake and eventually slide into second. Then he had the stones to blow past the stop sign at third and take advantage of the Sox laziness. While he was hustling, Blum was taking his sweet time in getting to the bunt and then took some more time throwing out the runner. Great players have a way of winning games.

By the way, Jenks' curve ball to get Vlad out on the third strike was just FILTHY. Vlad can hit just about any pitch thrown to him but he seemed overmatched by Bobby. I love watching that kid pitch.

TheOldRoman
09-10-2005, 01:26 AM
Is there some way to penalize Umpires for making bad calls?

Tadahito did not go around on that swing and Buehrle did not Balk!

There has to be some way to get it into these 2 bit umpires to quit making bad calls.

I say someone meets that ump at his car with a baseball bat.:angry:
No. No way at all.
People talk about "Wendlestedt was punished for the A's finale in April".
While that is true, the ONLY reason he was punished is because his dumb ass swore at Ozzie and it was picked up on camera. Video showed him going off the deep end while everyone else was calm. That is why he got fined.
Umpires have no accountability.

Chisox003
09-10-2005, 01:29 AM
It's almost as ridiculous as you coming here and calling me a dark cloud. It's not like you have invalidated any of my points, you just tell me how ridiculous I am? Am I really that ridiculous, or are you worried as well, like every Sox fan is. Everyone wants to see them succeed and cannot take another bomb of a season...I want them to succeed as well...I'm not saying they're doomed. You sir do not know what a dark cloud is.
Umm....

How about seeing that good ball we saw against the Tigers...or was it only good because it was the Tigers? I'm really getting worried about our shot in the playoffs.
87 wins....How many from the Tigers?

Again, playoff lineups dont include Pablo Ozuna leading off, Carl Everett in LF, and Geoff Blum starting....

they should have won this game and they should have won yesterday's game. And the first two games against KC should not have been so close.
Dumb complaints and "should'ves" about not only close losses, but for WINS....Cmon

There is a lot of stupidity in this thread without any mods around, so its about time to call it quits.... Between Rikirk's dumb ass comments about the umpire and noquitter being an absolute jackass, this thread has sunk quickly along with the white sox season after 2 straight losses

:rolleyes:

noquitter
09-10-2005, 01:33 AM
Between Rikirk's dumb ass comments about the umpire and noquitter being an absolute jackassExcuse me? Where was I a jackass? I called out gutless, quitting Dark Clouds. That's a public service, not being a jackass. :rolleyes:

TheOldRoman
09-10-2005, 01:33 AM
Umm....

87 wins....How many from the Tigers?

Again, playoff lineups dont include Pablo Ozuna leading off, Carl Everett in LF, and Geoff Blum starting....

Dumb complaints and "should'ves" about not only close losses, but for WINS....Cmon

There is a lot of stupidity in this thread without any mods around, so its about time to call it quits.... Between Rikirk's dumb ass comments about the umpire and noquitter being an absolute jackass, this thread has sunk quickly along with the white sox season after 2 straight losses

:rolleyes:
Thank you for being rational. This loss means NOTHING. Noquitter was a little rough in the way he called people out, but he was right.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-10-2005, 01:34 AM
don't we basically own cleveland in the game's we've played them this year? Then again i could be wrong..

noquitter
09-10-2005, 01:35 AM
Thank you for being rational. This loss means NOTHING. Noquitter was a little rough in the way he called people out, but he was right.I was rough because the tolerance for quitters around here is over the top. Show me one remotely rational, courageous person I called out? Nobody can. I called out the dregs.

Chisox003
09-10-2005, 01:36 AM
Thank you for being rational. This loss means NOTHING. Noquitter was a little rough in the way he called people out, but he was right.
Check out the other post game thread ..... He's givin the language filters a run for their money

It gets old to see post after post by one guy that is half ****** and the other half garbage

Doesnt matter, he'll be gone soon

TheOldRoman
09-10-2005, 01:38 AM
don't we basically own cleveland in the game's we've played them this year? Then again i could be wrong..
Well, technically we are 10-3 against them, but they are much better than us. Buehrle cant pitch against good offenses (even though Cleveland's is MUCH better than LA's). It's only a matter of time until the tribe takes over first. At least we will finish 10-9 against them.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-10-2005, 01:39 AM
Well, technically we are 10-3 against them, but they are much better than us. Buehrle cant pitch against good offenses (even though Cleveland's is MUCH better than LA's). It's only a matter of time until the tribe takes over first. At least we will finish 10-9 against them.

Not Bad..i say we preety much pwn them

noquitter
09-10-2005, 01:41 AM
Check out the other post game thread ..... He's givin the language filters a run for their money

It gets old to see post after post by one guy that is half ****** and the other half garbage

Doesnt matter, he'll be gone soonIt gets even older seeing apologists for Dark Clouds. Give it a rest. The language filters are there for a reason. And the pathetic influx of Dark Clouds tonight were a perfect use of them.

Chisox003
09-10-2005, 01:43 AM
It gets even older seeing apologists for Dark Clouds. Give it a rest. The language filters are there for a reason. And the pathetic influx of Dark Clouds tonight were a perfect use of them.
Apologist for the Dark Cloud....

Right.....I get it

Go away now

longshot7
09-10-2005, 01:44 AM
Not to panic, but I think it's interesting to note that we are 0-6 this year in extra inning games at home. I wonder why that is?

noquitter
09-10-2005, 01:46 AM
Apologist for the Dark Cloud....

Right.....I get it

Go away nowYou've been doing nothing but defend the wussies all night. Of course, you'll be leading the cheers when the Sox clinch. Pick a side and stay on it. I know you want to believe in the Sox (and simple probability), just say no to defending the piss pants. :wink:

JB98
09-10-2005, 01:47 AM
Not to panic, but I think it's interesting to note that we are 0-6 this year in extra inning games at home. I wonder why that is?

Because guys start swinging for the fences instead of trying to string together a few hits.

Chisox003
09-10-2005, 01:48 AM
You've been doing nothing but defend the wussies all night. Of course, you'll be leading the cheers when the Sox clinch. Pick a side and stay on it. I know you want to believe in the Sox (and simple probability), just say no to defending the piss pants. :wink:
Please, go find a post where I "defend the wussies"

Criticize you, maybe

"Pick a side and stay on it".... :rolleyes:

longshot7
09-10-2005, 01:50 AM
Because guys start swinging for the fences instead of trying to string together a few hits.

True, but they're good in extra innings on the road - I don't have the numbers in front of me now - but winless in extras at home. We've had a number of gw homers, but they've all been in the 9th.

noquitter
09-10-2005, 01:52 AM
Please, go find a post where I "defend the wussies"

Criticize you, maybe

"Pick a side and stay on it".... :rolleyes:Post #83 in this thread. You call me a "jackass" for calling out the Dark Clouds. There you are, busted, dusted and can't be trusted. Quit while you are behind. :redneck

LuvSox
09-10-2005, 01:54 AM
I guarantee you will be whacked before me if you want to start anything, so shut the hell up you ****ing Dark Cloud apologist.

Where exactly am I defending the Dark Clouds?

noquitter
09-10-2005, 01:56 AM
Where exactly am I defending the Dark Clouds?Post #17 of this thread. I call out a noted, consistent, major Dark Cloud and you step in and defend said chronic depressive. Case closed.

Nellie_Fox
09-10-2005, 01:57 AM
Hey noquitter, I guess I like your enthusiasm, but I have to kind of scratch my head at someone who suddenly appears near the end of the season and appoints himself the arbiter of Sox fandom. You're brand new here. I kind of think you ought to tread a little more lightly until you learn the lay of the land. For some reason "front runner" jumps to mind.

Vernam
09-10-2005, 01:58 AM
Hawk is a tool. Maybe Gload is not in a position to complain about being stuck in the minors, but he only made those comments once. The fact is Gload performed well with the Sox last year, and lost his job due to his injury this year. He did tear the cover off the ball down in the minors, but since being called back up he hasn't had a chance to get any at bats.

Tonight he comes in as a pinch hitter after not facing live pitching in quite a while and flys out. Hawk could have just called it a fly out, but instead he sarcastically quips "Well that's a home run in Charlotte." Remember, this was Gload's first appearance of the game and first plate appearance in quite some time. Unless Gload has been whining on the bench since his return, there was no reason for Hawk to diss him like that.

Whether or not Gload is any good or not is irrelevant. Hawk was not dissing him due to his performance. It sounded like it was personal.Hawk can certainly be tiresome this time of year -- I like him mostly, but he doesn't necessarily wear well over the long season. He's getting up there in years, too, which accounts for some of the missed calls. Anyway . . .

Gload invited criticism with the quotes at http://tinyurl.com/9s96z. Whether or not he has a point, it ain't real smart to criticize a manager and GM who have their team headed to the playoffs.

VC

LuvSox
09-10-2005, 01:58 AM
Post #17 of this thread. I call out a noted, consistent, major Dark Cloud and you step in and defend said chronic depressive. Case closed.

Read it again. I didn't defend anyone. I made a comment concerning your behavior this evening.

Nellie_Fox
09-10-2005, 02:00 AM
Post #17 of this thread. I call out a noted, consistent, major Dark Cloud and you step in and defend said chronic depressive. Case closed.Clarify things for me. You've been registered for, what, six days? And you know who is a "noted, consistent, major Dark Cloud"? Are you a banned poster coming back under a different name?

Are you capable of communicating without swearing?

LuvSox
09-10-2005, 02:00 AM
For some reason "front runner" jumps to mind.

Or "bandwagon", depending on what part of the country you come from. :D:

TheOldRoman
09-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Clarify things for me. You've been registered for, what, six days? And you know who is a "noted, consistent, major Dark Cloud"? Are you a banned poster coming back under a different name?

Are you capable of communicating without swearing?
**** no he isn't.:redneck

noquitter
09-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Hey noquitter, I guess I like your enthusiasm, but I have to kind of scratch my head at someone who suddenly appears near the end of the season and appoints himself the arbiter of Sox fandom. You're brand new here. I kind of think you ought to tread a little more lightly until you learn the lay of the land. For some reason "front runner" jumps to mind.Been around forever Nellie; since the Rivals days. I never posted much because this place has always been so damn negative, and I'm an old fart who believes you have to believe you have to have a chance of doing something to actually have any chance. Anyway, West and some of the others cleaned this place up a little so I decided to speak up. The way I look at it, I'll speak my piece. If I get whacked for telling what I belive is the truth, so be it. What the hell, you only live once. :D:

noquitter
09-10-2005, 02:04 AM
Or "bandwagon", depending on what part of the country you come from. :D:You are not your post count. Do you know who IAC and Sonny are newbie? How about SuperTroll and the fakester?

halfpricemonday
09-10-2005, 02:06 AM
Let's not forget one more reason why we lost. Vlad is one hell of an athlete. Even when he stands at home to admire his double, he still was fast enough to compensate for that mistake and eventually slide into second. Then he had the stones to blow past the stop sign at third and take advantage of the Sox laziness. While he was hustling, Blum was taking his sweet time in getting to the bunt and then took some more time throwing out the runner. Great players have a way of winning games.

Speaking of which, did the replay show that Vlad was safe at second? I was at the game tonight, but I didn't get a good look at the tag. I was sure that he was going to be called out after seeing where Vlad was when the throw came into second base.

Anyways, yeah, that last inning sucked, especially since I was sitting around a bunch of Angels' fans who were yelling a lot during that 12th frame. Oh well, Bobby continues to impress, and seeing Paulie come out for his curtain call was pretty cool. Let's get 'em tomorrow.

dannycater
09-10-2005, 02:07 AM
I think it is very realistic to be completely optimistic. I am, even after tonight's game.:rolleyes:
It is one thing to bitch about losing (because we all hate losing), but when people make ridiculous and baseless comments like "Buehrle cant pitch against good hitting teams" or "the Indians wont lose another game" they cross the line of sanity and become dark clouds.

You make some good points, but when I see people say "Buehrle just hasn't had it lately", or "the Indians could take this all the way down to the wire and challenge the Sox for the Central", all of a sudden the "Dark Cloud" graphics come out and it seems a little silly....to be arguing about who or who isn't a "dark cloud" in one of the most memorable seasons in a long time....

LuvSox
09-10-2005, 02:07 AM
You are not your post count. Do you know who IAC and Sonny are newbie? How about SuperTroll and the fakester?

You still haven't answered the question. Where am I defending Dark Clouds?

noquitter
09-10-2005, 02:09 AM
Clarify things for me. You've been registered for, what, six days? And you know who is a "noted, consistent, major Dark Cloud"? Are you a banned poster coming back under a different name?

Are you capable of communicating without swearing?Yes, I know who the "noted, consitent, major Dark Clouds" are Nellie. Much like one isn't their post count, they are also not their registration date. Yes, I can communicate with an intelligent person like you without swearing. With the legions of dumbasses who quit on the Sox after every loss, I'll let the filters do their thing. :wink:

noquitter
09-10-2005, 02:13 AM
You still haven't answered the question. Where am I defending Dark Clouds?You're mixing threads now. Post #17 of the other thread, as I pointed out in that thread. :rolleyes:

LuvSox
09-10-2005, 02:14 AM
You're mixing threads now. Post #17 of the other thread, as I pointed out in that thread. :rolleyes:

Whatever. You've wasted enough of my time.

noquitter
09-10-2005, 02:18 AM
Whatever. You've wasted enough of my time.Not to mention I was correct. :redneck

Chisox003
09-10-2005, 02:19 AM
Post #83 in this thread. You call me a "jackass" for calling out the Dark Clouds. There you are, busted, dusted and can't be trusted. Quit while you are behind. :redneck
I called you a jackass because you made a lot of posts in a 5 minute span that absolutely abused the language barrier

In no way was I "defending dark clouds" ....

I stand by my comment....You are a jackass

"Busted, dusted, and can't be trusted...."

Yikes

noquitter
09-10-2005, 02:22 AM
I called you a jackass because you made a lot of posts in a 5 minute span that absolutely abused the language barrier

In no way was I "defending dark clouds" ....

I stand by my comment....You are a jackass

"Busted, dusted, and can't be trusted...."

YikesI let the filters do their job as intended, exactly what they are there for. You have insulted me for no reason. I suspect you are on very thin ice. :o:

Mr. White Sox
09-10-2005, 02:39 AM
:tomatoaward

"Why can't we be friends,
Why can't we be friends,
Why can't we be friends,
Why can't we be friends?"

-War
-Tomatoaward

Domeshot17
09-10-2005, 02:58 AM
I am not being a dark cloud here, I am being honest.

WE DESERVED TO LOSE THIS GAME. Konerko leads off with a double, we cant get him in. That was strike one. Not going to give Buehlre a strike because Washburn was equally off, but he blew leads 2 or 3 times. THAT CANT HAPPEN FROM YOUR NUMBER 1!.

Strike (2) Horrible top of the order batting. We went 0-16 from our 1-3 ( as mentioned). PK went 3-5 with 2 doubles and a homer, and got, wait for it, wait for it, 1 RBI TO SHOW FOR IT. Ozuna usually is solid, as is Tadahito, but Carl looked very sluggish. He made a a great play at the wall, but after that, he just shut down, While Vlads hit in the 12th would have been tough (1) Pods would have ran it down or (2) get the **** out of the way for Aaron, back him up, and get a throw off sooner ( even though Vlad was out from my view from sec. 106)

leading to (3)

ABSOLUTELY SICKENING BASE RUNNING. AGAIN CARL. First and Second, 1 down. Paulie hits a rope. Bottom of the inning extra inning, CARL HAS ONE JOB, Not get doubled off. If that gets through for a base hit, Tadahito Scores, and if they throw Carl out at second for the force, IT DOESNT MATTER. I guess this kills me because you learn about not holding any real importance as a baserunner when you are 10-11. Carl took 3 HARD steps, he had no clue of the game situation. Then Aaron at the plate, I blame Cora. It is sad because Blums fly out probably scores aaron with Vlad moving to his left to bring the ball in, and as strong as his arm is, he wasnt behind the ball, it would have been a tough throw.

It is truly a shame, because once we botched the sac bunt, and Gload threw a piss poor throw to home, the crowd died, and it was insane when Paulie was up, and when Uribe Singled. A completely wasted game.

TheOldRoman
09-10-2005, 03:13 AM
I am not being a dark cloud here, I am being honest.

WE DESERVED TO LOSE THIS GAME. Konerko leads off with a double, we cant get him in. That was strike one. Not going to give Buehlre a strike because Washburn was equally off, but he blew leads 2 or 3 times. THAT CANT HAPPEN FROM YOUR NUMBER 1!.

Strike (2) Horrible top of the order batting. We went 0-16 from our 1-3 ( as mentioned). PK went 3-5 with 2 doubles and a homer, and got, wait for it, wait for it, 1 RBI TO SHOW FOR IT. Ozuna usually is solid, as is Tadahito, but Carl looked very sluggish. He made a a great play at the wall, but after that, he just shut down, While Vlads hit in the 12th would have been tough (1) Pods would have ran it down or (2) get the **** out of the way for Aaron, back him up, and get a throw off sooner ( even though Vlad was out from my view from sec. 106)

leading to (3)

ABSOLUTELY SICKENING BASE RUNNING. AGAIN CARL. First and Second, 1 down. Paulie hits a rope. Bottom of the inning extra inning, CARL HAS ONE JOB, Not get doubled off. If that gets through for a base hit, Tadahito Scores, and if they throw Carl out at second for the force, IT DOESNT MATTER. I guess this kills me because you learn about not holding any real importance as a baserunner when you are 10-11. Carl took 3 HARD steps, he had no clue of the game situation. Then Aaron at the plate, I blame Cora. It is sad because Blums fly out probably scores aaron with Vlad moving to his left to bring the ball in, and as strong as his arm is, he wasnt behind the ball, it would have been a tough throw.

It is truly a shame, because once we botched the sac bunt, and Gload threw a piss poor throw to home, the crowd died, and it was insane when Paulie was up, and when Uribe Singled. A completely wasted game.
I agree with you up until you said Rowand would score on Blum's flyout. It was medium to shallow, and with Guerrero getting under the ball, Rowand had no chance. He probably wouldn't have even tried to score on that play.

Oh, and Iguchi made the throw home in the 12th, not Gload.

SoxSpeed22
09-10-2005, 03:15 AM
Plain and Simple: Missed opportunities are a team's worst enemy.

pudge
09-10-2005, 03:17 AM
I agree with you up until you said Rowand would score on Blum's flyout. It was medium to shallow, and with Guerrero getting under the ball, Rowand had no chance. He probably wouldn't have even tried to score on that play.

Oh, and Iguchi made the throw home in the 12th, not Gload.

I disagree on that, it looked plenty deep to me to score Rowand - certainly a much better chance than the play Rowand was thrown out on.

IowaSox1971
09-10-2005, 03:19 AM
Gload had another chance to make a contribution, any contribution, and once again failed to do so. It would be nice to see a base hit or a leadoff walk in a clutch situation. Or maybe it would just be nice if he could get out of Iguchi's way so the guy has a clear throw home. Granted, he hasn't had many chances this season, but, especially after tonight as well as the Kansas City debacle, why should he get another? I don't blame Hawk at all for getting on this guy's case. Gload's 2004 season was a fluke, and, with the team doing so well without him, Gload had no right to complain about being in the minors for most of this year.

mdep524
09-10-2005, 03:38 AM
Not to panic, but I think it's interesting to note that we are 0-6 this year in extra inning games at home. I wonder why that is? Like JB said, they suddenly get Carlos Lee syndrome and everybody tries to go deep.

It actually is odd the Sox fare so poorly in extra innings game (at home), because the team is built on execution, playing for one run, not beating itself, defense and relief pitching.... all things that usually determine extra inning games. Yet for some reason the Sox seem to get lazy in extras- they do a God awful job getting men on base (no ability to draw a walk), don't execute when they have situations, make a few boneheaded plays and swing for the fences. That's the exact oppoiste of the efficient way they play in the first 9 innings! Hope this trend is reversed next month.

Anyway, this loss was agravating, but hardly a big deal. I will say that Buehrle has been less than stellar lately- if he's anywhere close to his normal self the Sox cruise to an easy win tonight.

CaptainBallz
09-10-2005, 03:39 AM
Wow. There's some thick love goin' around in this room.

I'm going to join the "sane" team on this one and merely say, it wasn't the best of games, but it definitely wasn't the worst. Feels bad to see the Sox beat themselves, but what can you do?
All I know is that if the throw from left is slightly off target, Rowand scores, Sox win, and Cora is a genius that nobody mentions in the "**Official** Jenks Eats Angel Babies Postgame Thread". Or Whatever. The rest is poppycock.

Go get 'em tomorrow.

IowaSox1971
09-10-2005, 03:39 AM
You can't assume that Bum would have hit the game-winning sacrifice fly. With only one out and the winning run on third, the Angels probably would have pitched Bum differently. So he probably would have struck out or bounced one back to the pitcher instead of flying out. Bum is not a good clutch hitter, and that's why Cora was justified in sending Aaron.

Hendu
09-10-2005, 04:20 AM
I let the filters do their job as intended, exactly what they are there for. You have insulted me for no reason. I suspect you are on very thin ice. :o:

Noquitter, please stop this nonsense and contribute to the forum instead of starting flame wars. Thank you.

This loss was tough. It's not going to change our playoff picture much; let's face it, Cleveland's olny shot is with the wild card. However, it's mid-September and the bad baserunning continues. Joey Cora seems like he hasn't learned anything (from Stats Inc re Juan Rivera last season: "He tied for the major league lead in outfield assists despite not playing regularly until the second half of the season").

This stuff needs to be ironed out by now. If we're going to win in the playoffs we need to be perfect. The Sox as a team don't have enough post-season experience to just "turn it on" once October starts. We also don't have one player that can carry us like the Astros had last season.

Time to start building some momentum and confidence against winning teams.

Mohoney
09-10-2005, 04:29 AM
I'm not worried about 'em. I only worry about us. We just couldn't get the key hit tonight. It's frustrating, but 7-2 in September is still OK in my book.

We gave Buehrle a 4-2 lead after his 1st inning meltdown, and then we gave him a 5-4 lead after he squandered that lead in the 5th. He then gives up the homer to Quinlan in the 6th.

We're not playing bad. Key homers by Berroa and Quinlan have been our undoing. I think, with our pitching staff's performance as a whole this year, that this is more exception than rule.

We came through when we needed to against Jarrod Washburn, scoring 5 runs to give Buehrle 2 leads. This is the type of pitcher that we will see in a Game 3 or Game 4 scenario in the ALDS, and I'm thinking that if our offense can come through like that in the playoffs, this is the type of game that we win. The offense passed a big test tonight.

Tomorrow is another big test with Colon going, and if they can score 5 off him, I'll be ecstatic.

kittle42
09-10-2005, 04:34 AM
I let the filters do their job as intended, exactly what they are there for. You have insulted me for no reason. I suspect you are on very thin ice. :o:

You may have been around here for a good long while and longer than I, which I recognize, but I do not believe you are a mod, despite talking like one with such a title. I would also think that if you waited for West and crew to "clean up" before you started posting, you shouldn't start flame wars which are going to give them even more to clean up.

TornLabrum
09-10-2005, 08:04 AM

You're lucky there are no mods online right now because your brief stay has been extended. You might want to read the WSI Code of Conduct because it contains this tidbit:

You agree, through your use of the Forums, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, rude, racist, disrespectful, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, threatening, obscene, profane, pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive, invasive of a person's privacy, or which otherwise violates any law.

I'd say you're guilty on five counts. Nice knowing ya.

TornLabrum
09-10-2005, 08:20 AM
Been around forever Nellie; since the Rivals days. I never posted much because this place has always been so damn negative, and I'm an old fart who believes you have to believe you have to have a chance of doing something to actually have any chance. Anyway, West and some of the others cleaned this place up a little so I decided to speak up. The way I look at it, I'll speak my piece. If I get whacked for telling what I belive is the truth, so be it. What the hell, you only live once. :D:

You won't be whacked for telling the truth as you see it. You will be whacked for violating the code of conduct. I don't know how old a fart you are, but I've been following the Sox since '55 and have had every bit as much frustration as anyone else who has been around since the go-go days.

Age should provide wisdom.

TornLabrum
09-10-2005, 08:25 AM
...it wasn't the best of games, but it definitely wasn't the worst.

Winner of the "Almost Dickensian Award."

Seriously, as usual when this club fails to capitalize on opportunities, it gets into trouble. That's what happened tonight.

Frankfan4life
09-10-2005, 09:12 AM
I would call your negative, quitting no guts ass a ****ing *******, but that would be an insult to ****ing *******s everywhere.What tha...? You're giving me grief for saying something positive? Why, because I didn't say it the way YOU wanted me to say it? Where in my post did you read that I was a quitter? It's amazing to me that you would bother to post something that is nowhere near close to containing an intelligent, astute, or constructive thought or observation. Obviously, you think that insulting people makes you a better Sox fan. It doesn't. It just makes you a jerk. You have got to be the biggest head case on this board that I've ever encountered, and that's quite an accomplishment. Get some professional help quick!!

And to think I wasted my 1501 post on this nonsense. :angry:

Rikirk
09-10-2005, 09:31 AM
If theres any justice in this world, The Sox will shellac the Angels,(12-2) and (10-1) respectively in the next two games and take this series.

*Yes I know Its wishfull thinking but I want revenge for yesterdays game...,that and I absolutely cant stand California sports teams:angry: ...but if we do win these next two games by any score Ill be happy...but I say give these idiots a good pasting and send 'em back to LA LA land.*:mad:

cbone
09-10-2005, 10:30 AM
. Yes, I can communicate with an intelligent person like you without swearing. With the legions of dumbasses who quit on the Sox after every loss, I'll let the filters do their thing. :wink:

Anyone else find this funny? :smile: Tough loss, let's get em today. The division is ours, even with Cleveland playing unbeliveable ball.

BeviBall!
09-10-2005, 10:44 AM
If theres any justice in this world, The Sox will shellac the Angels,(12-2) and (10-1) respectively in the next two games and take this series.

Against Colon and Lackey? Hah. Let's try and grind them out. If Garland wants the Cy Young... here it is. Take it.

wassagstdu
09-10-2005, 10:44 AM

That's the way I saw it too. Also, Guererro's double looked to me to be catchable, but Pods and Rowan did an Alphonse and Gaston and it fell between them. Am I wrong?
This one hurts. Today's game is huge.

harwar
09-10-2005, 10:45 AM
I was angry at Iguchi for making a bad throw until i heard that Gload was in the way.
After watching the play several times,i'm amazed that Gload wasn't hit in the head as he backed out of the way at the last second.
I thought that it was a very exciting game and very much like an ALCS game.
I fully expect more of the same today and tomorrow.
This will be important as the White sox will have to bounce back and play well against a good team after a tough loss when the playoffs actually begin.
Speaking as someone with a bad ticker,it will be a minor miracle if i survive :thud:the post-season.

BeviBall!
09-10-2005, 10:46 AM
That's the way I saw it too. Also, Guererro's double looked to me to be catchable, but Pods and Rowan did an Alphonse and Gaston and it fell between them. Am I wrong?

It was Crazy that got in Rowand's way. Also, AR had a bad game in the field... he had numerous bad breaks on balls all game. With the exception of one inning, and Jenks' mastery, it was a baaaaad game.

BeviBall!
09-10-2005, 10:48 AM
I was angry at Iguchi for making a bad throw until i heard that Gload was in the way.
After watching the play several times,i'm amazed that Gload wasn't hit in the head as he backed out of the way at the last second.

AJ didn't do much to protect the plate either. I thought the throw was good enough and it looked like AJ just waved at him.

TomBradley72
09-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Most of the Sox losses this year come when nearly all the bounces, breaks, calls, etc...don't go their way. Last night was one of those nights....tons of "duck snort" hits by the Angels, lame calls by the umps (check swing, balk). I'm not looking to dump Cora, Buehrle, Iguchi, Carl, Ozzie over a tough 12 inning loss to one of the best teams and best players in the league. This team still has the best record in the league.

But....today is HUGE.

harwar
09-10-2005, 10:59 AM
AJ didn't do much to protect the plate either. I thought the throw was good enough and it looked like AJ just waved at him.

AJ said that he was partially screened by Gload.
Anyway it was AFU.
Also,i think that Mark had a good point when he wondered why the 3rd base ump is calling a balk on a LH pitcher when the other umps didn't make a move.

spiffie
09-10-2005, 11:29 AM
I've wondered lately if Mark really has been off this second half, or if I'm just imagining things in my ever-paranoid Sox fan brain. So because I have time to kill this morning, a brief and obviously not perfect look at Sox pitching, first from Apr-June, then July-Sept.

Buehrle
122.2 IP
33 ER
2.42 ERA

86.3 IP
40 ER
4.15 ERA

Garland
147 IP
39 ER
2.39 ERA

78.1 IP
29 ER
3.33 ERA

Garcia
112 IP
41 ER
3.29 ERA

89.1 IP
43 ER
4.33 ERA

Contreras
92 IP
42 ER
4.11 ERA

83 IP
33 ER
3.58 ERA

Hernandez
62.2 IP
34 ER
4.88 ERA

57 IP
31 ER
4.89 ERA

I think the problem with Mark is not only has he had the biggest dropoff from first-half performance to second half performance, but his first half performance was so sharp, that it magnifies his pitching like an average/above average pitcher in the second half, whereas in the first half he was turning in stellar performances almost every time out there. The last 9 starts, he's given up 4 or more earned runs in 5 of them, so basically every other time out it's meant we've needed at least 5-6 runs to win.

Mark Buehrle is a damn good pitcher, and I'm not sitting here saying anything like he should be thrown out to the bullpen come the playoffs or any of that. But at playoff time you have to ride hot hands, and maybe it's not the worst idea to say that the rotation should be structured so in a 5 game series Garland and Contreras see the ball twice instead of Mark.

Beauty35thStreet
09-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Cora has got to get his head in the game. I don't think he should be canned, but I've seen him make mistakes this year. Cora has got to realize that we would've had bases loaded with 1 out. Instead we get two outs because of an ill-advised run home. There was no way Rowand would have made it. Cora has got to settle down. There's a difference between aggressiveness and just plain stupidity for Ozzieball defenders, including myself. Cora cost us this game.