PDA

View Full Version : Official Post-"Core of the Core" Patio Party thread

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 12:45 AM
That was one hell of an event. Hats off to Brooks Boyer!!! I loaded my plate with a bunch of food, and, though we lost (the first and only time KC beat us at home), we all had a blast!

Wilkes (and the fiancee) & Hangar18, it was great seeing you again. chisoxmike, The Dude, ChiSoxGirl, 'Burg, Cheeses H Rice, the Alohas, et. all, it was great to meet you.

Steff, what a wonderful surprise to run into you! It was awesome catching up with things.

And last, but certainly not least...Chips is the epitomy of the DARK CLOUD!!! :D:

We've gotta do this again! What a blast!

GO SOX!

JohnBasedowYoda
09-09-2005, 12:47 AM
It was really cool seeing everyone. I really enjoyed knocking a few cold ones back with: Hangar18, Chips, The Dude, Soxintheburgh, Redheadpalehoser, logansquaresox,cheeses h rice and everyone else!

edit: no offense intended if i did not mention your name

DumpJerry
09-09-2005, 12:55 AM
Yeah, it was great finally getting faces to go with some names. I must admit, some people looked very different from how I pictured them (some were even a different gender!).

Too bad the game was a dud. Didn't they know they were playing in front of their toughest critics? The most exicting thing other than Panblo stealing Home was the bird that never left the field, even when two outfielders converged on it to get the last out.

Domeshot17
09-09-2005, 01:01 AM
Deff a great time, was nice meeting all you guys and real straight gettin mass brew for nada. I think plenty of us got our 41 bucks in beer alone!

Was also straight running into realist and freeze etc. on the concourse, and I am sorry I did not catch a name, but my girlfriend had a blast playing with someone's baby ( she was the girl in the blue white sox shirt with the guy in the green jersey)

Looking forward to it again

StillMissOzzie
09-09-2005, 01:25 AM
No, it sucked! WSI's combined presence was obviously a great big jinx, causing the Sox bats to slumber as JT (Don't call me Thurston) Howell flirted with a no-hitter for 4.2 innings.

Sadly, I lost 2 name tags as they refused to stick to my shirt. Seriously, it was great fun to put faces to many of the names I've seen here-ChiSoxGirl, Chisoxfanatic, ChiSoxMike, DaleJRfan, Realist, cheese_h_rice, IWritecode, RedHeadPaleHoser, FielderJones; dispensing a bit 'o crap to Randar68 about Todd Helton; and yeah, the two high points were Pablo's theft of home and watching the seagull squatting in the OF.

So we gonna do this again for a post-season game?

SMO
:gulp:

chisoxmike
09-09-2005, 01:29 AM
That was one hell of an event. Hats off to Brooks Boyer!!! I loaded my plate with a bunch of food, and, though we lost (the first and only time KC beat us at home), we all had a blast!

Wilkes (and the fiancee) & Hangar18, it was great seeing you again. chisoxmike, The Dude, ChiSoxGirl, 'Burg, Cheeses H Rice, the Alohas, et. all, it was great to meet you.

Steff, what a wonderful surprise to run into you! It was awesome catching up with things.

And last, but certainly not least...Chips is the epitomy of the DARK CLOUD!!! :D:

GO SOX!

Great to finally meet you Heather! The game was great even thought they didn't show up! Jimbo's was fun too!. Yes, we HAVE to do this again. Most likely Hangar's B-day bash!:gulp:

DrCrawdad
09-09-2005, 01:32 AM
Yeah, it was great finally getting faces to go with some names. I must admit, some people looked very different from how I pictured them (some were even a different gender!).

I know I look different from the way I picture myself.

Too bad the game was a dud. Didn't they know they were playing in front of their toughest critics? The most exicting thing other than Panblo stealing Home was the bird that never left the field, even when two outfielders converged on it to get the last out.

That was what some would describe as a "Corpse-Ball" type of game by the Sox. Win or lose, most times I enjoy the time at the park. Tonight was a fun time and a success, in spite of the outcome.

SOXintheBURGH
09-09-2005, 01:56 AM
It was a great time, met many a good character.

CLR01
09-09-2005, 04:40 AM
Please use the WSI photo gallery (or another photo album site) for any pictures. Do not upload them to the board.

Thank You

WSI PHOTO GALLERY (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/4images/index.php)

soxjim
09-09-2005, 07:30 AM
Great to see you all. Now I need to end my 6 game losing streak at the Cell.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-09-2005, 07:37 AM
Had an absolute blast!! It was great to meet everyone here - and had real cool discussions with Brooks, Kurt Hasenbalg, met Ozzie when I got there, me and a few other WSI'ers met Moose...man, what a night!

I would love to do this again...but maybe we do just a WSI one. There were a few cool people I met from the other sites, but it was group sitting...getting just US together on our own would be great! I cannot make Hangar's B-day, but wish I could!!

If only Randar would openly admit he was White Sox Josh. How good life would be.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-09-2005, 07:50 AM
Sadly, I lost 2 name tags as they refused to stick to my shirt.....

Sorry about the tags....next time, I'll bring teal spray paint and we can stencil our names on on bodies. Risk would like that.

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 07:55 AM
Had an absolute blast!! It was great to meet everyone here - and had real cool discussions with Brooks, Kurt Hasenbalg, met Ozzie when I got there, me and a few other WSI'ers met Moose...man, what a night!

I'm disappointed that I didn't get to meet Brooks Boyer.

skobabe8
09-09-2005, 08:13 AM
I can safely speak for Converted when I say her and I (in the voice of Frank the Tank) had an AWESOME time.

It was great to finally meet all of you--Burgh, RedHeadPalehoser, Hangar, Wilkes, Randar and Mrs. Randar, cheeses, The Dude, Chips, Dr. Crawdad and his little Crawdads, and everyone else.

By the way, anyone catch me talking to Brian Dolgin on the post game show? hehehehehehe

I WON THE GIFT CERTIFICATE!!!!!

:supernana: :) :supernana:

Tekijawa
09-09-2005, 08:28 AM
edit: no offense intended if i did not mention your name

JERK!

It was fun meeting all you guys. My brother was in from out of town so I spent alot of time talking with him, and yelling at Sisco in the pen, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet more of ya! My brother was closing on his new house in Bloomington today, He had as much as I did so I can't imagine that that will be any fun for him... I suggest next year why shy away from "school nights" although I don't think that hampered many of us last night...

Thanks White Sox and WSI!

Eddie Gaedel
09-09-2005, 08:30 AM
it was great to meet everyone i was to drunk to remember. :gulp:

Tekijawa
09-09-2005, 08:37 AM
it was great to meet everyone i was to drunk to remember. :gulp:

Couldn't have said it better myself! Nice to meet you and BrewCrew! I don't think that the Royals Bullpen will ever be the same! I know SHAWN Camp will probably have to many emotional scars to make it back to Chicago Next year!

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 08:45 AM
I understand Jose Lima was "throwing at" several WSIers when they were harrassing him from the Patio screen right by the bullpen.

Risk
09-09-2005, 08:46 AM
It was fun meeting everyone and put a face on all the other members. Now why the hell did I go to work today?

Risk

Eddie Gaedel
09-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself! Nice to meet you and BrewCrew! I don't think that the Royals Bullpen will ever be the same! I know SHAWN Camp will probably have to many emotional scars to make it back to Chicago Next year!

Fat Camp, Band Camp, VanDeKamp...:rolling:

DumpJerry
09-09-2005, 08:51 AM
Hangar had us all in hysterics with his taunts to whomever was warming up in the Bullpen that "even I could hit that!":D:

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 08:53 AM
Hangar had us all in hysterics with his taunts to whomever was warming up in the Bullpen that "even I could hit that!":D:

Hangar was "seat swping" the entire time...Did he eat his chocolate before the game or something? :redneck

DumpJerry
09-09-2005, 08:59 AM
It was fun meeting everyone and put a face on all the other members. Now why the hell did I go to work today?

Risk
It was good meeting you, too. I think you might have been right when you said you and I are the only lawyers on here. I did sit near a woman who is an attorney with Corp. Counsel, but she told me she lurks here. You might have seen her around, she had a "Sox in the City" shirt on.

ilsox7
09-09-2005, 09:00 AM
It was good meeting you, too. I think you might have been right when you said you and I are the only lawyers on here. I did sit near a woman who is an attorney with Corp. Counsel, but she told me she lurks here. You might have seen her around, she had a "Sox in the City" shirt on.

I'll be a lawyer in 3 years. :smile:

And a law school dinner was the reason I could not make it last night. Hopefully next time!

Risk
09-09-2005, 09:03 AM

Thats right, I think I did happen to see her, but I don't think I spoke with her.

By the way, the first draft of my counter-complaint that I began working on at 6 a.m. reads like crap--almost to the point where I was shaking my head in sheer disbelief that I had actually prepared it.

Risk

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 09:04 AM

Hey, I sat right by her...She was 1 row back and a few seats to the right...I thought that was a very creative shirt to say the least...

DumpJerry
09-09-2005, 09:07 AM
Thats right, I think I did happen to see her, but I don't think I spoke with her.

By the way, the first draft of my counter-complaint that I began working on at 6 a.m. reads like crap--almost to the point where I was shaking my head in sheer disbelief that I had actually prepared it.

Risk
Good thing the ARDC is populated by Flub fans. They won't see your post.:wink:

cheeses_h_rice
09-09-2005, 09:09 AM
:takestwoaspirin:

Good times, good times.

:gulp: :gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp:<======= the scene at Jimbo's afterward

whitesoxwilkes
09-09-2005, 09:18 AM
I really need to go back to bed.

GREAT meeting all of my fellow pencil-necked chat board geeks.

ozzman
09-09-2005, 09:29 AM
great time had by all. I was the annoying guy in row 17 that was yelling charge. :smile:

Rocky Soprano
09-09-2005, 09:31 AM
great time had by all. I was the annoying guy in row 17 that was yelling charge. :smile:

Man you kept getting beat by that girl right behind me. :D:

Nice meeting all of you.

Iwritecode
09-09-2005, 09:31 AM
I must admit, some people looked very different from how I pictured them (some were even a different gender!).

This is so true. I think I was most surprised by Randar. He didn't look anything like I expected. I also didn't know (or forgot) that chisoxfanatic is a female. :redface:

We'll definitely have to plan to do this again next year. Start emailing Brooks now! Hopefully on a weekend game when school is out so more people can join us. It seems like it was kind of a last-minute idea this year.

Iwritecode
09-09-2005, 09:32 AM

I thought you were yelling
Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaarge!!!

:)

cheeses_h_rice
09-09-2005, 09:37 AM
This is so true. I think I was most surprised by Randar. He didn't look anything like I expected. I also didn't know (or forgot) that chisoxfanatic is a female. :redface:

I knew fanatic was female, but I confused her with awesomefan from chat. :redface:

I also thought Dr. Crawdad was black. :redface:

I thought tekijawa might be Japanese, but he wasn't.

And I thought Randar would be built like a bouncer.

Also, kudos to SoxintheBurgh for throwing everyone off the scent by wearing a name tag that said "Fenway" on it. Pretty funny.

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 09:41 AM
I knew fanatic was female, but I confused her with awesomefan from chat. :redface:

Oh, god no! I don't end my posts with "GO SOX! I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!" THAT'S awesomefan! :cool:

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 09:42 AM
Who was the guy who wore a nametag on his hat that said "I am not WhiteSoxJosh?" That was hysterical!!!

logansquaresox
09-09-2005, 09:42 AM

That was me. :redface:

I adhere to a strict training regimen in the offseason to prepare my lungs and keep up my breath control. :tongue:

It was so much fun to put faces with screen names. I can't wait for the next outing!

Iwritecode
09-09-2005, 09:43 AM
I know I look different from the way I picture myself.

That's funny. I once saw a pic of you in the photo gallery holding baby crawdad and you look exactly like your picture. :wink:

Tekijawa
09-09-2005, 09:44 AM

I thought tekijawa might be Japanese, but he wasn't.

And I thought Randar would be built like a bouncer.

Also, kudos to SoxintheBurgh for throwing everyone off the scent by wearing a name tag that said "Fenway" on it. Pretty funny.

Randar was the biggest supprise by far for me, I thought he'd be much older.

I pegged Craw dad as some 70 year old former scout from North Carolina... WRONG

And I thought Tekijawa was going to take it easy last night because he had work, then a 3 hour trip to a rehersal dinner tonight and a wedding that his wife is standing up in tomorrow night... but he didn't!

Eddie Gaedel
09-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Who was the guy who wore a nametag on his hat that said "I am not WhiteSoxJosh?" That was hysterical!!!

brewcrew/chisox.

Iwritecode
09-09-2005, 09:52 AM
And I thought Tekijawa was going to take it easy last night because he had work, then a 3 hour trip to a rehersal dinner tonight and a wedding that his wife is standing up in tomorrow night... but he didn't!

You too huh? I don't have a 3 hour trip but I do have a rehersal dinner tonight and a wedding to be in tommorow. Had to get my monkey suit yesterday before I went to the game.

BTW, I don't think I ever met/saw you last night. Maybe next time.

Domeshot17
09-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Missed my first thursday night class ( advertising ) to go.

Just got out of my first morning class, and I think i very well might still be drunk

Feels like freshman year all over again!

anyone goin to Half way to st pattys day wanna play I buy you Fly tonight? cuz as a st pattys day bday, I could deff go for some green beer tonight!

brewcrew/chisox
09-09-2005, 09:58 AM

That was me! :D:

Great to meet everyone. Had a great time, and even met a couple guys from soxtalk who were......tolerable :tongue:

Even got a chance to heckle Mcdougal and Camp in the bullpen, but unfortunately it didn't work. Go Figure.

Tekijawa
09-09-2005, 09:59 AM
BTW, I don't think I ever met/saw you last night. Maybe next time.

I was sitting next to Cheeses, for about a Half inning and then moved shortly after he moved over to speak with you. But yes Definitely next time!

SOXPHILE
09-09-2005, 10:00 AM
I sat by DumpJerry, cheeses h. rice, and the lady with the SOX IN THE CITY shirt, and I met Chips and The Dude in the patio. Nice to meet all of you. Game results aside, it was a very good time. Thanks to the White Sox, and everyone at WSI who coordinated the event. :gulp:

ozzman
09-09-2005, 10:00 AM
she didn't beat me by much, and I way out did her on volume :redneck

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 10:03 AM
It seemed that 95% of the people there were WSIers...Only bumped into a couple Soxtalkers...

Rocky Soprano
09-09-2005, 10:24 AM

I adhere to a strict training regimen in the offseason to prepare my lungs and keep up my breath control. :tongue:

It was so much fun to put faces with screen names. I can't wait for the next outing!

Well it was pretty cool to hear the chanting. Keep it up! :D:

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-09-2005, 10:30 AM
It seemed that 95% of the people there were WSIers...Only bumped into a couple Soxtalkers...

Yeah I felt that way too...fun nonetheless!!

Hangar18
09-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah, it was great finally getting faces to go with some names. I must admit, some people looked very different from how I pictured

Dr Crawdad didnt have whiskers and claws ......

Realist
09-09-2005, 10:42 AM
It was a great time, met many a good character.

You're still alive! :o:

Don't think for a second that we all don't know that you typed your post with one hand covering one eye while you hit the keys with one finger. Oh your poor backspace button. :wink:

Realist
09-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks for getting me all liquored up before I had to go to work, folks. It really helped me be a lil' extra demonstrative when two, yes two, different customers thought it would be a good idea to "whistle" at me so I would come serve them drinks. I doubt they'll make that mistake again.

Super fun meeting you all. The nite just ended for me as I just got home. :bandance:

ChiSoxGirl
09-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Everything about last night was beyond fun and SO AWESOME! Food... YES! Drink... YES! Good times with awesome Sox fans... YES! I'm probably not alone when I say that the sooner we do something like this again, the better!!! :bandance:

I met many new WSIers- The Dude, Chips, chisoxfanatic, Hangar18, Fielder Jones, chisoxmike, The Alohas, Steff, & DrCrawdad & family- and of course, I already knew whitesoxwilkes & fiancee; you guys are all AWESOME!!!!

Sorry I missed the postgame get-together at Jimbos. Even though I didn't go to it, I'm *still* hurting this morning; 5:30 came way too soon!

And just for the record, I agree with chisoxfanatic- Chips is the epitome of a DARK CLOUD! :D:

Randar68
09-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Wow, Mrs. Randar and I had a GREAT time. She especially liked it that RedHeadPaleHoser and a couple others decided it would be fun to give me endless crap about Konerko and Rowand. :D: However, I was redeemed when Rowand decided to circle the wagons before sliding and mishandling a grounder he should have easily cut-off... turning it into a double.

Got a chance to meet TornLabrum, IWC, Risk, Realist, SoxinTheBurgh, chisoxmike, Hangar, Tekijiwa (tall white dude who is the opposite of everything I pictured), Steff, Dr and Mrs. Craw and the cutest pair of baby girls (troopers too who stayed interested and excited throughout the whole game! WELL TRAINED!), aforementioned crap-giver RedHeadPaleHoser, Eddie Gaedel, must have been sitting next-to or in-front of Rocky Soprano (were you the shirt-catchers?), Domeshot, StillMissOzzie, LoganSquareSox (militant gal!), SkoBabe8 (A DUDE!) and friend, cheeses_h_rice...

Amazing to put faces to names, a few of which I've seen dating back almost 10 years to old ESPN boards... Sorry I didn't make it to Jimbo's, but glad considering the sorry-ass shape I'd be in right now if I had...

I'm not built like a bouncer cheeses? Realist sure is!

I'm surprised IWC is home already... figured he'd still be commuting back to Rockford this morning.

Iwritecode
09-09-2005, 11:25 AM

We still remember the story of you and that Detriot fan that tried to start some trouble. :cool:

I'm surprised IWC is home already... figured he'd still be commuting back to Rockford this morning.

I set the cruise control to 75 and was home before midnight. :wink:

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Wow, Mrs. Randar and I had a GREAT time. She especially liked it that RedHeadPaleHoser and a couple others decided it would be fun to give me endless crap about Konerko and Rowand......aforementioned crap-giver RedHeadPaleHoser

Well, tell Mrs. Randar we all sympathize with her. For one who refuses to admit he is WSJ...leads to duality measured only in psychiatric studies.

Rocky Soprano
09-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Rocky Soprano (were you the shirt-catchers?)

It was nice to meet you Randar. It was blast sitting in front of you. The commentary was great! :D:

My brother (who was in the Rowand jersey and laughed at your Rowand comments) and a friend were the ones that caught shirts. I believe "Code" caught a shirt as well.

Iwritecode
09-09-2005, 11:38 AM
It was nice to meet you Randar. It was blast sitting in front of you. The commentary was great! :D:

My brother (who was in the Rowand jersey and laughed at your Rowand comments) and a friend were the ones that caught shirts. I believe "Code" caught a shirt as well.

I was just talking to cheeses and saw it coming at my head. It was self-defense! :cool:

Randar68
09-09-2005, 11:42 AM
We still remember the story of you and that Detriot fan that tried to start some trouble. :cool:

LOL! I always wish I had a copy of the original way I typed that up back in the day. Everytime I think of that I crack up at the way it ended up reading and I don't think I can tell the story as well as I had originally...

Also, I also announced, "I was sorry to anyone at the game if I had ever called you a name, although you probably deserved it..."

That still holds (for everyone but RedHeadPaleHoser :wink: )

Tekijawa
09-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Special thanks to Redhead... for getting the name tags set up. I told him we'll need a teal marker for next year. Is was nice talking with ya in the fenced in area of the Patio too!

tifosiv122
09-09-2005, 11:49 AM
It was nice to meet everyone, thanks Dr Crawdad for the ticket. I spoke to a few people about a triple play early in the season, not sure who I spoke to as I am a n00b here, but this is the link to the vid:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050306&content_id=958434&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I promise I'll be on the board more, I have nothing better to do during my boring Law School classes, thank god for WiFi. ;)

Erik

cheeses_h_rice
09-09-2005, 11:54 AM
If another Sox Nerd outing is planned for next year, just a couple suggestions...

- do it on a weekend. Getting to the park around 5:30/6:00 during the week is hard for a lot of people, requires getting out of work early, etc. Plus there's not that sense of urgency to leave right after the game for those who have to get up early for work.

- idiot-proof (for me) instructions about the what & where in the patio area. I got there with my friend and we didn't see the signs for which groups sat where, so we ended up sitting and eating with strangers for half an hour before I saw someone with a name tag. I had no idea the patio area was so huge.

- it would be nice if PHG, Daver, Jjav, etc. could be bothered to show up. No, seriously, it would be nice to see some of the longer time posters/mods, or at least those who live in the area.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who worked on setting this up. I had a great time and would definitely do it again.

Chez
09-09-2005, 12:07 PM
I'll be a lawyer in 3 years. :smile:

And a law school dinner was the reason I could not make it last night. Hopefully next time!

Save yourself from a lifetime of frustration. Quit law school today and open up a roadside fruit and vegetable stand. Trust me on this one!

steff
09-09-2005, 12:17 PM
I have no idea how on earth I am functioning today. Closed Jimbo's - literally... we were drinking in the dark as he was locking the door pushing us out. All Henry's fault... poor Dolgin.. I think his ears were about to fall off listening to the "tin foil hat diaries". Got home somewhere around 3am... somehow dragged my ass out of bed and made it to work by 8:30...

Awesome time as everyone has said.

I don't know if I'm gonna make it tonight. Jim's taking bets I'll be asleep on the suite couch before the 3rd inning. :gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
09-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Steff, was Brian Dolgin at Jimbo's, too?

ilsox7
09-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Save yourself from a lifetime of frustration. Quit law school today and open up a roadside fruit and vegetable stand. Trust me on this one!

Haha. Plenty of people tell me this. But I actually have a pretty good feeling this is what I want to do, as I already tried out another career for some time. So we'll see!

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Special thanks to Redhead... for getting the name tags set up. I told him we'll need a teal marker for next year. Is was nice talking with ya in the fenced in area of the Patio too!

No thanks needed. Next year, better stickers.

It was a blast...and I've already got teal markers slated for our next trip....except for Randar...he's getting a printed tag showing his alter egos.

steff
09-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Steff, was Brian Dolgin at Jimbo's, too?

Yea. He met us there about 12:15 and poor thing stayed with us till the end also. Jim and I were beat, Bryan looked tired, yet somehow Henry looked like he could give the Energizer Bunny a run for his $$.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-09-2005, 12:27 PM
I wish I could have gone to Jimbo's...next time.

mpshans
09-09-2005, 12:29 PM
It sound like you all had a good time. We had thought about comming down from Grand Rapids Michigan but it just proved too much of a task even with the hour we would have gained. We were in Chicago last weekend anyways. We have been to the patio before and had a good time. Maybe next year.

batmanZoSo
09-09-2005, 12:29 PM
If another Sox Nerd outing is planned for next year, just a couple suggestions...

- do it on a weekend. Getting to the park around 5:30/6:00 during the week is hard for a lot of people, requires getting out of work early, etc. Plus there's not that sense of urgency to leave right after the game for those who have to get up early for work.

- idiot-proof (for me) instructions about the what & where in the patio area. I got there with my friend and we didn't see the signs for which groups sat where, so we ended up sitting and eating with strangers for half an hour before I saw someone with a name tag. I had no idea the patio area was so huge.

- it would be nice if PHG, Daver, Jjav, etc. could be bothered to show up. No, seriously, it would be nice to see some of the longer time posters/mods, or at least those who live in the area.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who worked on setting this up. I had a great time and would definitely do it again.

I wish I could've went but I'm just too goddang busy lately. Well, of course today I've nothing to do at all. Next year you can count me in for sure on one of these things. We should arrange a nice tailgate drinking fest or something for opening day or sometime during the first week.

Rocky Soprano
09-09-2005, 12:43 PM
No thanks needed. Next year, better stickers.

It was a blast...and I've already got teal markers slated for our next trip....except for Randar...he's getting a printed tag showing his alter egos.

We need some of these!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/gosox21/wsi.jpg

Teal and all!

steff
09-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Nerd :tongue:

voodoochile
09-09-2005, 12:49 PM
We need some of these!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/gosox21/wsi.jpg

Teal and all!

Have you looked here (http://www.cafepress.com/flyingsock#apparel)?

Hangar18
09-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Yea. He met us there about 12:15 and poor thing stayed with us till the end also. Jim and I were beat, Bryan looked tired, yet somehow Henry looked like he could give the Energizer Bunny a run for his $$.

Yeah, but im paying for it today ....... man my head hurts :o:

I kept making Dolgin say his name ........Dooogin ....no Dugin ........no .......
Doggin........no .........Dolgin.......... He did not look anything like
I pictured him ............neither did Randar, pretty hilarious. To tell
the truth, the way Randar looked is how I pictured Dolgin. :smile:
and he always talks about his Disco Red Dodge Neon .......he does have one!

Rocky Soprano
09-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Have you looked here (http://www.cafepress.com/flyingsock#apparel)?

Yup.

I was only kidding about the shirt.

Iwritecode
09-09-2005, 12:52 PM

I haven't seen that FWC guy at a game yet this year. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 12:53 PM
I have no idea how on earth I am functioning today. Closed Jimbo's - literally... we were drinking in the dark as he was locking the door pushing us out. All Henry's fault... poor Dolgin.. I think his ears were about to fall off listening to the "tin foil hat diaries". Got home somewhere around 3am... somehow dragged my ass out of bed and made it to work by 8:30...

I don't know if I'm gonna make it tonight. Jim's taking bets I'll be asleep on the suite couch before the 3rd inning. :gulp:

I thought you were gonna leave about the same time as me...

Liar! :tongue:

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 12:54 PM
I haven't seen that FWC guy at a game yet this year. :cool:

He's too busy staving off the Dark Clouds in Canada.

Iwritecode
09-09-2005, 12:55 PM
yet somehow Henry looked like he could give the Energizer Bunny a run for his $$.

That's gotta be the best description I've ever read of Hangar. I don't think he actually sat in his own seat the entire game.

FielderJones
09-09-2005, 12:56 PM
It was great meeting everybody and I apologize to those whose names I left out of my previous post. Next time we do this I'm going to need an assistant to record the names of the people in the pictures. Trying to remember everyone at my age is a challenge. :cool:

They say that film is cheap so shoot a lot of pictures, and silicon is cheaper. :tongue: A lot of my pics were spoiled by bad lighting and/or camera jiggle, but a few turned out really well and are in the holding pen waiting for review. If I didn't post your pic it's probably because there was photographer failure during the shot. Keep an eye on the Image Gallery as I'm sure they'll be released soon.

Let's do this again next year!

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 12:57 PM
That's gotta be the best description I've ever read of Hangar. I don't think he actually sat in his own seat the entire game.

Heck, I don't even think he spent five solid minutes in ANY given seat...

LuvSox
09-09-2005, 01:01 PM
My head still hurts........

What a pleasure to meet some of you! If I can think through the haze......

Chips, The Dude, SoxintheBurgh (made me do a double take with that fenway sticker), TornLabrum, The Aloha's, Skobabe8 & Converted, Realist, Hangar18 and everyone else.........You're all great people!

Risk and RedheadPalehoser are ****ing crazy!!!!!!!!

We've go to do this again. Who's going tonight? :gulp:

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-09-2005, 01:12 PM

ssshhh............:cool:

Risk
09-09-2005, 01:27 PM
ssshhh............:cool:

:D:

Risk

StillMissOzzie
09-09-2005, 02:24 PM
I wish I could have gone to Jimbo's...next time.

Me too! Sounds like a large time was had by all who made it.
Grandma (me mudder) was home watching the kids, and it was a school night besides. I'd love to do this again, preferrably on a weekend.

SMO

cubssuck1
09-09-2005, 02:54 PM

rd5 and his buds from Lemont asked if I wanted to go out to the bar with them after, had to remind them I was 17. Yup, by then they had already had a few to drink.

skobabe8
09-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Did anyone catch me get stuck trying to jump for a t-shirt?

Im pretty sure Randar saw me. I had my foot propped up on the seat next to me just in case one came my way. Sure enough one did, and just as I tried to boost myself up, my foot slid down the seat and right through. Like the moron that I am, I still attempted to jump for the shirt with one foot completely lodged in a seat, and the shirt proceeded to fly less than a foot over my outstretched hand. Like I said I think Randar saw me. I was stuck for quite a while.

That was really a great deal. I drank AT LEAST $41 in beer alone.

The Dude
09-09-2005, 03:24 PM

GO SOX!

Awesome idea Brooks! I had an great time meeting all you guys and girls. Fanatic, nice job of laying into the dark cloud Chips:cool:.
Someone has to do it!:D:

Good time afterwards at Jimbos. Thanks again Burgh for the jager shotand thank you Wilkes for the beer. Much abliged! I owe you guys.

I hope to see you guys again very soon.

steff
09-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Oh hell.. I forgot about the shot. Ick...

H.. I WAS going to leave right after you but my husband made me stay. :wink:

DrCrawdad
09-09-2005, 03:44 PM

Nice meeting all of you.

Was that girl my four year-old daughter? She was yelling all night.

Daver
09-09-2005, 03:45 PM

The only reason I wasn't there is because my wife is out of town and I do have three kids to watch.

A Sunday game would work out much better for me.

DrCrawdad
09-09-2005, 03:49 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/st/gallery/images/340/toskirk2.jpg
So many possible jokes...must excercise self-control...must refrain from posting a Politically Incorrect response...must keep self from getting banned...what kind of cruel man would tempt me so...

DrCrawdad
09-09-2005, 03:52 PM
I pegged Craw dad as some 70 year old former scout from North Carolina... WRONG

I am a 41 year old former Cub Scout.

Risk
09-09-2005, 03:52 PM

Im pretty sure Randar saw me. I had my foot propped up on the seat next to me just in case one came my way. Sure enough one did, and just as I tried to boost myself up, my foot slid down the seat and right through. Like the moron that I am, I still attempted to jump for the shirt with one foot completely lodged in a seat, and the shirt proceeded to fly less than a foot over my outstretched hand. Like I said I think Randar saw me. I was stuck for quite a while.

Yeah, I remember that. You were stuck for at least a minute if not more.

Risk

DrCrawdad
09-09-2005, 03:53 PM
That's funny. I once saw a pic of you in the photo gallery holding baby crawdad and you look exactly like your picture. :wink:

Ah...but pictures only shatter my delusions of grandeur.

DrCrawdad
09-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Dr Crawdad didnt have whiskers and claws ......

Visible.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Was that girl my four year-old daughter? She was yelling all night.

Your daughter was doing an awesome job yelling rooting for the Sox. My job was to yell at Randar...then the Royals' RF.

DrCrawdad
09-09-2005, 03:57 PM
It was nice to meet everyone, thanks Dr Crawdad for the ticket. I spoke to a few people about a triple play early in the season, not sure who I spoke to as I am a n00b here, but this is the link to the vid:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050306&content_id=958434&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I promise I'll be on the board more, I have nothing better to do during my boring Law School classes, thank god for WiFi. ;)

Erik

Erik,

Nice to meet you. Thanks for enduring the harassment of my girls. I was a bit disappointed though that they didn't nab your jewelry.

CLR01
09-09-2005, 04:00 PM

I tried to warn you about Risk. I am sure last night was nothing. Try being his neighbor. :drunken::rolleyes:

Rocky Soprano
09-09-2005, 04:01 PM
It was nice meeting you DrCrawdad, a fellow TTHS alumni!

And my wife and I thought your daughters were just so cute. I loved how your daughter was cheering the entire time.

Rocky Soprano
09-09-2005, 04:02 PM
:tomatoaward

DrCrawdad
09-09-2005, 04:06 PM
It was nice meeting you DrCrawdad, a fellow TTHS alumni!

And my wife and I thought your daughters were just so cute. I loved how your daughter was cheering the entire time.

Ah, nice to meet you as well (with the TTHS fight song playing in my head).

Yeah, Annie is quite the yeller. You should have seen her at the Sunday, Cubs/Sox game at The Shrine. Annie was yelling, "GO-GO WHITE SOX!" on and on. The Cub fans sitting in front of her probably lost part of their hearing.

I don't know where she gets it from...probably her mom.

skobabe8
09-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I remember that. You were stuck for at least a minute if not more.

Risk

Yeah I forgot you were right next to us for a while, Risk. It was great meeting you.

Dr. Crawdad--I have a couple of pictures in my phone of your other little one trying to reach for a beer. :D:

JohnBasedowYoda
09-09-2005, 04:26 PM
I wish I could've went but I'm just too goddang busy lately. Well, of course today I've nothing to do at all. Next year you can count me in for sure on one of these things. We should arrange a nice tailgate drinking fest or something for opening day or sometime during the first week.

wish you made it batsy

Jerko
09-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Gee, I feel hungover just reading this thread and I wasn't even there. Sorry I missed a chance to meet all of you guys/gals; sounds like a good time was had by all despite the outcome.

Randar68
09-09-2005, 05:44 PM

Oh yeah, I definitely saw that...

While you were battling away with that poor chair, I was attempting to get a hold of a camera, but barely failed to do so in time....

JohnBasedowYoda
09-09-2005, 06:11 PM
my only regrets for the night were not going to jimbo's and looking like a dang fool because i spilled bbq sauce on my shirt from the ribs

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Fanatic, nice job of laying into the dark cloud Chips:cool:.
Someone has to do it!:D:

What exactly do you mean by "laying into?" He was freaking me out so much. The one thing that i didn't like about the entire night was that people were keeping on asking me to drink a lot...It was so peaceful to go into work today entirely sober. :)

JohnBasedowYoda
09-09-2005, 06:22 PM

You did know the lyrics to the 1959 fight song by heart, awesome!

whtsx1959
09-09-2005, 06:37 PM
I went to the game yesterday as a spur of the moment thing, and realized it was the Core of the Core in the eight, only because I saw someone in the next section (SEC 162) with a WSI shirt on

TornLabrum
09-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Yeah, but im paying for it today ....... man my head hurts :o:

I kept making Dolgin say his name ........Dooogin ....no Dugin ........no .......
Doggin........no .........Dolgin.......... He did not look anything like
I pictured him ............neither did Randar, pretty hilarious. To tell
the truth, the way Randar looked is how I pictured Dolgin. :smile:
and he always talks about his Disco Red Dodge Neon .......he does have one!

Henry, you didn't look anything like I picture you! How many people besides me asked you where your tinfoil hat was?

TornLabrum
09-09-2005, 07:41 PM
I'm glad to hear that everyone enjoyed the party. Shortly before I went upstairs to put the lineups in my scorebook, I talked to Kurt Hasenbalg. We're already talking about doing this again next year. I was thinking weekend, too, although that would make the tickets more expensive, and the most expensive date is the Cubs series at the end of May if the Sox continue with their current pricing policy.

Weekends would also be more expensive than weekdays. I plan on surveying everyone shortly after the season ends, and we can start making plans with Kurt early.

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll say it again. It was great meeting all of you, and those I didn't get a chance to see, make sure you flag me down next time.

The Dude
09-09-2005, 07:42 PM
What exactly do you mean by "laying into?" He was freaking me out so much. The one thing that i didn't like about the entire night was that people were keeping on asking me to drink a lot...It was so peaceful to go into work today entirely sober. :)

The laying into refered to chisoxfanatic calling him a Dark Cloud every second she had that shot! I didnt realize people were trying to get you to drink a lot. For all I know, I might have been one of those! Sorry if I was.
And Chips is a pretty weird guy, so you cant take him too seriously.
I was pretty sauced and had a great time.:gulp:

DrCrawdad
09-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Yeah I forgot you were right next to us for a while, Risk. It was great meeting you.

Dr. Crawdad--I have a couple of pictures in my phone of your other little one trying to reach for a beer. :D:

...and you're forwarding the photo to DCFS, right?

Actually,email (drcrawdad@mac.com) it to me, if you have a chance.

BeefyD
09-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Well, although I didn't join everyone for what seemed to be an awesome time in the Patio yesterday (due to needing to be at work until 5:30, barely got to the game in time), my buddy Paul got Berroa's HR ball... And as much as I like recognizing myself on TV, I was clapping for Paulie getting the ball and it looks like I'm clapping because KC scored... :(

Oh well...at least my buddy finally got a ball after 34 years (other than one I gave him, since I have a couple already)

All in all, outcome sucked, Pablo AWESOME, and of course, that damn bird that wouldn't go away....

Glad y'all had fun!!!

SOXintheBURGH
09-09-2005, 09:11 PM
I haven't felt this hungover since my first weekend at Penn State.. ugh..

ChiSoxGirl
09-09-2005, 10:30 PM
The laying into refered to chisoxfanatic calling him a Dark Cloud every second she had that shot! I didnt realize people were trying to get you to drink a lot. For all I know, I might have been one of those! Sorry if I was.
And Chips is a pretty weird guy, so you cant take him too seriously.
I was pretty sauced and had a great time.:gulp:

I also took part in that activity for a better part of the night; it was fun! :D:

So since he was pretty drunk (which I knew from the moment he sat down next to me) and is "a pretty weird guy," I guess I should take the fact that he spent the entire game with his arm around me in some form with a grain of salt, huh?! LOL! :redneck :rolleyes:

A great time was had by all; just wish I could've made Jimbo's with you guys. Hope to see you all again very soon. :bandance:

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 10:38 PM
So since he was pretty drunk (which I knew from the moment he sat down next to me) and is "a pretty weird guy," I guess I should take the fact that he spent the entire game with his arm around me in some form with a grain of salt, huh?! LOL! :redneck :rolleyes:

I think he liked you! :cool:

Cowhead418
09-09-2005, 10:49 PM
Wow, Mrs. Randar and I had a GREAT time. She especially liked it that RedHeadPaleHoser and a couple others decided it would be fun to give me endless crap about Konerko and Rowand. :D: However, I was redeemed when Rowand decided to circle the wagons before sliding and mishandling a grounder he should have easily cut-off... turning it into a double.

Got a chance to meet TornLabrum, IWC, Risk, Realist, SoxinTheBurgh, chisoxmike, Hangar, Tekijiwa (tall white dude who is the opposite of everything I pictured), Steff, Dr and Mrs. Craw and the cutest pair of baby girls (troopers too who stayed interested and excited throughout the whole game! WELL TRAINED!), aforementioned crap-giver RedHeadPaleHoser, Eddie Gaedel, must have been sitting next-to or in-front of Rocky Soprano (were you the shirt-catchers?), Domeshot, StillMissOzzie, LoganSquareSox (militant gal!), SkoBabe8 (A DUDE!) and friend, cheeses_h_rice...

Amazing to put faces to names, a few of which I've seen dating back almost 10 years to old ESPN boards... Sorry I didn't make it to Jimbo's, but glad considering the sorry-ass shape I'd be in right now if I had...

So you're in the seat directly to the left of me and you don't even include me in your list?:redneck

chisoxmike
09-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Wow, I feel like I was drinking again reading this thread!:cool:

Anyway, hello again to Hangar, chisoxfanatic, steff, Wilkes, chips, the dude, chisoxgirl, redheadpalehoser, realist, randar, stillmissozzie, Burgh, risk, cheeses h rice, Fielder, and others i've failed to mention, no offense.

It's funny to see that people that I see at games all the time are actually WSIers, should've known.

TornLabrum
09-09-2005, 11:29 PM
So you're in the seat directly to the left of me and you don't even include me in your list?:redneck

He's just bigtiming you. :)

TornLabrum
09-09-2005, 11:32 PM
FYI, I emailed the following just a few minutes ago to Scott Reifert, Brooks Boyer, and Kurt Hasenbalg, who conceived and executed this idea. Future plans discussed therein come from my sense of the board after reading the 100+ positive posts with nary a negative one mixed in and from what a lot of you told me last night.

To all of you:

I just wanted to thank all of you for the great idea and the implementation of the Core of the Core patio party last night. If you've checked out WSI, you know that aside from the result of the game, everybody loved it!

I'm hoping we can put something together next year when schools are out so some of those who couldn't attend might be able to. The sentiment last night at the game and today on the boards seems to indicate that people want to do this again.

Scott, since this was your idea, all of us who attended thank you. Brooks, since you decided to go with the idea, we thank you, too. And Kurt, you did a great job in getting this thing organized. A lot of people last night thanked me, and I made it a point to remind them of who did 99.9% of the work on this.

Let's do it again...and GO SOX!

Hal

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 11:45 PM
FYI, I emailed the following just a few minutes ago to Scott Reifert, Brooks Boyer, and Kurt Hasenbalg, who conceived and executed this idea. Future plans discussed therein come from my sense of the board after reading the 100+ positive posts with nary a negative one mixed in and from what a lot of you told me last night.

Brooks Boyer is the man!!! Hopefully he can do this during the thick of summer next year!

TornLabrum
09-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Brooks Boyer is the man!!! Hopefully he can do this during the thick of summer next year!

There will be a survey in a month or two on preferences. I already have next year's home schedule in my grubby little paws and am looking for choice dates to recommend once we decide on when we'd like to have it.

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 11:53 PM
There will be a survey in a month or two on preferences. I already have next year's home schedule in my grubby little paws and am looking for choice dates to recommend once we decide on when we'd like to have it.

Why don't we let Hangar18 pull his weight and get us all in the Scout Seats for a much-reduced cost! :D:

chisoxmike
09-09-2005, 11:55 PM
Why don't we let Hangar18 pull his weight and get us all in the Scout Seats for a much-reduced cost! :D:

Fans that pay attention to the games and don't talk on their cell phones arn't allowed in the scout seats.

Maybe that shouldn't be in teal:D:

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Fans that pay attention to the games and don't talk on their cell phones arn't allowed in the scout seats.

Maybe that shouldn't be in teal:D:

Yep, shouldn't be in teal...He was chewing the fat with Brooks Boyer for a long time from what I heard...Maybe Steff knows more *details*! :cool:

whitesoxwilkes
09-10-2005, 08:52 AM
He's just bigtiming you. :)

What is bigtiming?

TornLabrum
09-10-2005, 09:00 AM
What is bigtiming?

It's what I did to the Sox mailing list because my column here has made me so big I don't have time for them anymore.

whitesoxwilkes
09-10-2005, 10:35 AM
It's what I did to the Sox mailing list because my column here has made me so big I don't have time for them anymore.

Funny, I thought it was the steak pitas that made you big.

:hawk

MERCY!

TornLabrum
09-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Funny, I thought it was the steak pitas that made you big.

:hawk

MERCY!

In the words of Slappy Squirrel, "Now THAT'S comedy!"

Chips
09-10-2005, 12:30 PM
You guys caught me, I AM A HUGE DARK CLOUD.

chips= :darkclouds:

hsnterprize
09-10-2005, 08:00 PM
FYI, I emailed the following just a few minutes ago to Scott Reifert, Brooks Boyer, and Kurt Hasenbalg, who conceived and executed this idea. Future plans discussed therein come from my sense of the board after reading the 100+ positive posts with nary a negative one mixed in and from what a lot of you told me last night.Hal,

I'm glad you and many others were able to go to this event. I wanted to go to, but I couldn't due to other obligations. Still...I hope in the future there will be other events like this that I can attend, and even bring the family along. My 3-year-old can sing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" with the "...root, root, root for the White Sox." line in it. What's even funnier is after he sings the last line, he'll add, "...and the Cubbies stink." I was beginning to wonder where his allegiances would lie since his grandfather (on my wife's side of the family) is a Cub fan. But so far, so good.

You and the rest of the WSIers here do an outstanding job in promoting this site, and I wish I could do more. God willing, when I get a better job in this media, I'll be in more of a position to talk about WSI, and let folks know the best Sox fans out there frequent this site.

BarbG
09-10-2005, 08:27 PM

You were AWESOME. You are literally the first person I have heard who can belt it louder and longer than my daughter. She was speechless.

I had a freak home emergency and almost didn't make it at all, we got there about 5 minutes before game time, so I didn't get a name tag or get to meet anybody at the party.

The atmosphere in the stands was great - would've been better if the guys had given us something to CHEER about. Just being in the midst of all die-hard Sox fans was totally cool. Dr. Crawdad's little girl made my night after a horrible day, so adorable and such energy and enthusiasm and she never gave up!

Unfortunately the bird in the outfield accounted for most of the action in that game.

I hope I get to meet some of you next time.

FielderJones
09-10-2005, 09:25 PM
A lot of my pics were spoiled by bad lighting and/or camera jiggle, but a few turned out really well and are in the holding pen waiting for review. If I didn't post your pic it's probably because there was photographer failure during the shot. Keep an eye on the Image Gallery as I'm sure they'll be released soon.

[cough]

As I said, keep an eye on the Image Gallery as I'm sure they'll be released real soon now.

:wink:

Mr. White Sox
09-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Deff a great time, was nice meeting all you guys and real straight gettin mass brew for nada. I think plenty of us got our 41 bucks in beer alone!

Was also straight running into realist and freeze etc. on the concourse, and I am sorry I did not catch a name, but my girlfriend had a blast playing with someone's baby ( she was the girl in the blue white sox shirt with the guy in the green jersey)

Looking forward to it again

Maybe you can explain this when you return, but were they checking ID's there? Because if the age is right in your profy...eh...wish I was there! :smile:

Daver
09-10-2005, 09:49 PM
[cough]

As I said, keep an eye on the Image Gallery as I'm sure they'll be released real soon now.

I'll get to them later tonight, or tommorow at the latest, I promise. I was busy fixing stock cars all day.

EDIT.

They are all up, I put off what I was doing to take care of it. Sorry about the delay.

FielderJones
09-10-2005, 10:07 PM
They are all up, I put off what I was doing to take care of it. Sorry about the delay.

You rock! Looking good! :cool:

Daver
09-10-2005, 11:09 PM
You rock! Looking good! :cool:

I only lost two hours worth of work on autocad, life is good.

skobabe8
09-10-2005, 11:29 PM
...and you're forwarding the photo to DCFS, right?

Actually,email (http://drcrawdad@mac.com/) it to me, if you have a chance.

Im not exactly sure how to get the pictures from my phone to my computer. If you happen to have Verizon I can text them to you.

FielderJones--AWESOME PICS!

Brian26
09-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Really great pics. Nice job!

TornLabrum
09-11-2005, 07:47 AM
I'd say those photos captured at least some of the drunken revelry that was Core of the Core night. :D:

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Nice work Fielder....thanks for taking them!!

FielderJones
09-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Thanks to all who enjoyed the Core of the Core photos. You are too kind in your praise.

Will the person wearing the 1917 Sox jersey over an anti-Flubs shirt please identify himself so I can edit the photo description? I'd really appreciate it.

FJ

DumpJerry
09-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Thanks to all who enjoyed the Core of the Core photos. You are too kind in your praise.

Will the person wearing the 1917 Sox jersey over an anti-Flubs shirt please identify himself so I can edit the photo description? I'd really appreciate it.

FJ
I don't know who that is, but you got me in "Sox fans, on your feet!" I'm the guy in the Sox jersey with his arms crossed.

MarySwiss
09-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Okay, these photos were doctored, right?

Seriously, they were awesome--and thanks, Fielder, for taking them and Daver for posting them, thus allowing us out-of-area Sox fans to put some faces to names.

That said, DumpJerry, Cheeses, and you guys in the Core Pregame photo--none of you look anything like what I had pictured. In fact I had RedHeadedPaleHoser and Skobabe8 down as being of the female persuasion.

OTOH, Torn looks EXACTLY like I had pictured him. Don't know why. :rolleyes:

I hated those Chicago winters, but I sure miss the good times at the Sox games (and the food, of course!)

cheeses_h_rice
09-12-2005, 04:29 PM

Seriously, they were awesome--and thanks, Fielder, for taking them and Daver for posting them, thus allowing us out-of-area Sox fans to put some faces to names.

That said, DumpJerry, Cheeses, and you guys in the Core Pregame photo--none of you look anything like what I had pictured. In fact I had RedHeadedPaleHoser and Skobabe8 down as being of the female persuasion.

OTOH, Torn looks EXACTLY like I had pictured him. Don't know why. :rolleyes:

I hated those Chicago winters, but I sure miss the good times at the Sox games (and the food, of course!)

Yes, believe it or not, I don't look the picture in my sig...

MarySwiss
09-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Yes, believe it or not, I don't look the picture in my sig...

Well......

(VERY HEAVY TEAL!!! AND YOU DID ASK FOR IT!) :D:

mr_genius
09-12-2005, 04:45 PM
the picture in my sig...

i laugh every time i see it

cheeses_h_rice
09-12-2005, 04:48 PM
i laugh every time i see it

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

alohafri
09-12-2005, 07:52 PM

Risk

I want to know HOW the hell I went to work on Friday morning! Luckily for her, Mrs. Aloha had the day off.

Seriously, it was great meeting everyone there...new friends and old friends!

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2005, 08:20 PM
You guys caught me, I AM A HUGE DARK CLOUD.

chips= :darkclouds:

Why the teal???

TornLabrum
09-12-2005, 08:43 PM
To return from all the backbiting and negativity (:D:), I've gotten a couple of emails, one from Brooks and the other from Kurt. Both have suggested having a couple of dates next year. Maybe those we can't catch on one date, we can catch on the other. So be looking at those home dates for next year and think about what dates you might like.

chisoxmike
09-12-2005, 08:44 PM
To return from all the backbiting and negativity (:D:), I've gotten a couple of emails, one from Brooks and the other from Kurt. Both have suggested having a couple of dates next year. Maybe those we can't catch on one date, we can catch on the other. So be looking at those home dates for next year and think about what dates you might like.

A game against the Twins or Indians could be fun.

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2005, 08:47 PM

*cough
Cubs
*cough

I couldn't even imagine how that Cubs bullpen would even survive one inning in that scenario! And then, when Kerry Wood must be relieved after pitching only 4 innings, our Sox bats play bash ball for the rest of the game...Oh, the thoughts!!!

TornLabrum
09-12-2005, 08:51 PM
*cough
Cubs
*cough

I couldn't even imagine how that Cubs bullpen would even survive one inning in that scenario! And then, when Kerry Wood must be relieved after pitching only 4 innings, our Sox bats play bash ball for the rest of the game...Oh, the thoughts!!!

Between the patio cost and the super-premium ticket price, that could be expensive....but it might just be worth it! The big problem might be that we'd have to get seats reserved a whole lot quicker than we did this year. (DIDJA HEAR THAT ALL YOU LATE PURCHASERS????) :)

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Between the patio cost and the super-premium ticket price, that could be expensive....but it might just be worth it! The big problem might be that we'd have to get seats reserved a whole lot quicker than we did this year. (DIDJA HEAR THAT ALL YOU LATE PURCHASERS????) :)
I'd certainly swing it...I'd get dibs on Row Nine seats!!!

Risk
09-12-2005, 09:01 PM
[cough]

Those pictures are great. Thanks for posting them. It was also good to me you.:gulp:

Risk

FielderJones
09-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Those pictures are great. Thanks for posting them. It was also good to me you.:gulp:

You're welcome. That is you in the green Sox cap in the Core Pregame Festivities pic, correct?

StillMissOzzie
09-12-2005, 09:31 PM
*cough
Cubs
*cough

As long as we are making our Christmas wish list early, how about a Sox / ScRubs game on a weekend? Price be no object, count me in! And then I might be able to make the after-party at Jimbo's as well.

And FielderJones, thanks for including me in that shot with DaleJRFan. My wife actually likes that picture of me!

SMO

SoxFan76
09-12-2005, 10:14 PM

Risk

I love putting the faces with the names. Randar...you are younger than I thought....haha

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-13-2005, 06:36 AM
You're welcome. That is you in the green Sox cap in the Core Pregame Festivities pic, correct?

Risk was in the jersey, I was standing. Two green hats in that photo - which is my new wallpaper on my laptop.

Hangar18
09-13-2005, 07:51 AM

So I take it I didnt look like me either huh? heh heh

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-13-2005, 08:28 AM
In fact I had RedHeadedPaleHoser and Skobabe8 down as being of the female persuasion.

Well...unsure if I should be offended or not. I've always been in touch with my feminine side, however....