09-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Meh...Lets go get them on Halfway to St.Patty's day tomorrow

HotelWhiteSox
09-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Ozuna coming home was cool

Other than that...meh

delben91
09-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Was the offense as bad as the box score indicates?

Daver
09-08-2005, 10:02 PM

No not at all.

It was worse.

JB98
09-08-2005, 10:03 PM

Yes, the Sox gave away a lot of at-bats tonight. Hopefully, the presence of a quality team like the Angels will get the guys going tomorrow. The offense was offensive in this game.

infohawk
09-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Yeah, meh. The Royals actually got a couple pretty good outings from their starters today and yesterday. The guy who pitched yesterday had incredible movement. Today we just saw how effective a guy can be when he has a pretty good change-up. The Royals don't have a very good team, but they do seem to have a pretty decent bullpen. Lot's of guys who throw hard.

Hey, we're sittin' on 87 wins with 3 1/2 weeks to play. One more little hot streak should just about do it!!! I'll add that I will really begin to feel awesome once we hit 94-95 wins.

SoxSpeed22
09-08-2005, 10:09 PM
http://webpages.charter.net/prockg/da%20cheat.JPG"Meh!"
Anyway, this changes nothing. we had a nice 7-game winning streak and still have a big division lead. Let's get LA tommorow.

infohawk
09-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Just as an aside, don't we already have more wins than we've had since the 2000 season? I think we topped out at 86 wins in 2003.

whitesoxfan
09-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Just as an aside, don't we already have more wins than we've had since the 2000 season? I think we topped out at 86 wins in 2003.

we had 94 in 2000 if memory serves correct.

for the game itself, the offense stunk. Freddy had one bad inning and that was the game right there. Let's hope the offense rebounds this weekend against the Angles.

Mohoney
09-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Not too much to feel bad about. The Royals seem to have a horseshoe up their rear end when they face Freddy.

Angel Berroa hits a 2 run jack to avoid a sweep. Somehow, I doubt that it will keep me up tonight.

SoxSpeed22
we had 94 in 2000 if memory serves correct.95

JB98
We were 95-67 in 2000. And yes, 86 wins in 2003.

TheOldRoman
This was just a god awful game. Sadly, I watched the whole thing. I was too lazy to turn the game off, which means I put in about as much effort as the Sox did tonight. It looked like they didn't care the entire game.
Garcia didn't have anything close to his best stuff tonight, so I would say he pitched very well considering.
Rowand continued to look horrible at the plate.
Lets go get 'em tomorrow.

Lorenzo Barcelo
09-08-2005, 10:13 PM
We were 95-67 in 2000.
Nevermind.

whitesoxfan
09-08-2005, 10:14 PM

i was close :wink:

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-08-2005, 10:15 PM
This was just a god awful game. Sadly, I watched the whole thing. I was too lazy to turn the game off, which means I put in about as much effort as the Sox did tonight. It looked like they didn't care the entire game.
Garcia didn't have anything close to his best stuff tonight, so I would say he pitched very well considering.

yep hat trick :(:

Mohoney
09-08-2005, 10:18 PM

In all fairness, we have played 18 games in 17 days without a day off, and had to fly to Boston and back for one game right in the middle of our homestand.

SoxinAZ
09-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Once again, Freddie gives up 1 homer too many. :angry:

JB98
09-08-2005, 10:20 PM
yep hat trick :(:

A-Row has 106 Ks and only 24 BBs on the year. He's really the poster child for our team. He plays the game very aggressively. Most of the time, it works in his favor. Other times, he makes himself look extremely undisciplined. Tonight was one of those times.

DickAllen72
09-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Ozuna coming home was cool

Even when Crede comes off the DL, Ozuna should keep the starting 3B job as long as he continues to play the way he is currently playing. Crede can be used as a late inning defensive replacement.

Should Ozuna falter, Crede can take back the starting job. But as long as Ozuna is playing like this, he should stay in the starting lineup.

Optipessimism
09-08-2005, 10:37 PM

I wouldn't say the game was horrible or that nobody cared. We ran into a guy who happened to have his good stuff on a day when Freddy didn't have his. Freddy was able to keep us in the game but we just couldn't score. It's not like we were blowing opportunities left and right either, the Royals just had our number today.

This was one of those games when you just plain get beat. Thankfully, these kind of games haven't happened very often this year.

Daver
09-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Even when Crede comes off the DL, Ozuna should keep the starting 3B job as long as he continues to play the way he is currently playing. Crede can be used as a late inning defensive replacement.

Should Ozuna falter, Crede can take back the starting job. But as long as Ozuna is playing like this, he should stay in the starting lineup.

You have got to be ****ing kidding me.

JB98
09-08-2005, 10:45 PM

I disagree. We miss Joe's defense.

Brian26
09-08-2005, 10:46 PM

I think Ozuna's playing over his head when he looks good. There's no way you start him over Crede, especially when you consider defense between the two.

JB98
09-08-2005, 10:50 PM
I think Ozuna's playing over his head when he looks good. There's no way you start him over Crede, especially when you consider defense between the two.

Pablo is a guy who makes the tough play look easy, and the easy play look hard. I worry every time the ball is hit to him. With Joe, no worries.

kevin57
09-08-2005, 10:50 PM
I was at the game. Pathetic Offense. August deja vu all over again

BeviBall!
09-08-2005, 10:52 PM
L.A.S. Looking Ahead Syndrome.

We need MB to pitch well in a BIG game. Let's see it tomorrow!

santo=dorf
09-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Damn, I was really hoping we could eliminate the loudmouth Tigers tonight. :mad:

I'm glad we took the series, and hasn't every 8 game winning streak been followed witha 3 game losing streak this season? :?:

elrod
09-08-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm a bit concerned about the offense again. After the 2nd inning of game one, the Sox have looked terrible at the plate, and not against great pitchers. One run against Mike Wood. 2 hits against JP Howell today? We have some serious pitchers coming in this weekend. Washburn is great on the road. Colon is having a great year, though he might be hurt. And Lackey has had a good year. I'm not so concerned about the win-loss record in the series as I am about the offense.

FielderJones
09-08-2005, 11:09 PM

Sadly, the Core of the Core had to sit through the whole thing. Scotty's timely hit and Pablo stealing home was all we had to cheer about.

Shout outs ot Lillian, ChiSoxGirl, Hangar18, RedHeadPaleHoser, The Dude, Risk, cheeses_h_rice, Chips, Randar68, Dr Crawdad, and of course, TornLabrum. Sorry to all the others who I met but forgot to mention. It was a fun group, lots of good-natured banter, and cheering for the few Sox highlights. Pix to follow tomorrow. :tongue:

Cowhead418
09-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Sadly, the Core of the Core had to sit through the whole thing. Scotty's timely hit and Pablo stealing home was all we had to cheer about.

Shout outs ot Lillian, ChiSoxGirl, Hangar18, RedHeadPaleHoser, The Dude, Risk, cheeses_h_rice, Chips, Randar68, and of course, TornLabrum. Sorry to all the others who I met but forgot to mention. It was a fun group, lots of good-natured banter, and cheering for the few Sox highlights. Pix to follow tomorrow. :tongue:
Forgetting someone?:tongue:

Soxfanspcu11
09-08-2005, 11:12 PM

Shouldnt this comment be in teal??? Your joking right? Yes the offense was pathetic tonite, but to say its deja vu of august??? One bad game and you are saying that they are falling back on the terrible month of august. Yes, this is certainly deja vu of August, 7-1 so far in September, yes if my memory serves me correctly, we were also 28-4 in August correct?

Give it a rest man, this team isint known for offense and they have been swinging very well lately, the offense sucks tonite, but again, ONE GAME!

This is one of the many differences between sox and flubs fans, overreacting, short sidedness and the viewpoint that only the LAST game matters, no matter what your sustained record is over the course of 7/8 of the season.

I dont know how you posted that without teal!

FielderJones
09-08-2005, 11:13 PM
Forgetting someone?:tongue:

Forgetting a lot. That's what happens when you get old, kid. :cool:

cubssuck1
09-08-2005, 11:20 PM

Shout outs ot Lillian, ChiSoxGirl, Hangar18, RedHeadPaleHoser, The Dude, Risk, cheeses_h_rice, Chips, Randar68, Dr Crawdad, and of course, TornLabrum. Sorry to all the others who I met but forgot to mention. It was a fun group, lots of good-natured banter, and cheering for the few Sox highlights. Pix to follow tomorrow. :tongue:

Good time though. I met some cool posters from wsi although I post more often over at soxtalk. Too bad we couldn't bring home a win.

TornLabrum
09-08-2005, 11:22 PM
I just got back. The last thing I said before I left was, "NO DARK CLOUDS!" It was a fun time except for the game itself. What is it about pitchers (in general) that makes them seem to feel the need to give up a few runs whenever they get a lead? That has been our story since at least the Jerry Manuel era. Fortunately cases like tonight's have been few and far between.

I was great meeting everyone. Now I can put some names to some faces (other than Crawdad, Steff, Wilkes, Palehose13, Hangar, and a few others).

BTW for those of you who might not have noticed, Kurt Hasenbalg stopped by, and we're talking about something earlier next year, like when the colleges are not in session. So we might want to take a survery in the fall after this season is over and pick a date.

DrCrawdad
09-08-2005, 11:53 PM
I just got back. The last thing I said before I left was, "NO DARK CLOUDS!" It was a fun time except for the game itself. What is it about pitchers (in general) that makes them seem to feel the need to give up a few runs whenever they get a lead? That has been our story since at least the Jerry Manuel era. Fortunately cases like tonight's have been few and far between.

I was great meeting everyone. Now I can put some names to some faces (other than Crawdad, Steff, Wilkes, Palehose13, Hangar, and a few others).

BTW for those of you who might not have noticed, Kurt Hasenbalg stopped by, and we're talking about something earlier next year, like when the colleges are not in session. So we might want to take a survery in the fall after this season is over and pick a date.

Great to see you at the game Hal and of course everyone else from WSI. My older daughter, Annie, had a great time and fell fast asleep soon after we got in the car. Annie yelled quite a bit but was no match for the excellent leather-lungs sitting by us.

Maybe it was just me but I swear I saw Freddie peer out to right-field to see who was making all the noise. Fine job my WSI friends!

The Sox have yet to win a game that I've attended this season. I guess I should stay away from any post-season games...

:bandance: :gulp: :supernana: :gulp: :bandance:

SouthSide_HitMen
09-08-2005, 11:59 PM

Sounds like a good Idea. I already had tickets for the game (upper deck). Look forward to next season. Too bad it wasn't a better final score.

Rowand almost earned the infamous

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/CORPOD/74217.jpg

DaleJRFan
09-09-2005, 12:21 AM

you forgot me!!! I hope you post my picture, the one I demanded was taken with "StillMissOzzie" :D:

getting to talk to all the WSIers and hang out at Jimbo's after the game was well worth sitting through that horrible offense. The OZZIE OZZIE chant after Ozuna stealing home was classic.

2 outa 3 ain't bad. As my Royals friend who came to the game with me said, even a blind squirl gets an eggcorn every once in a while. But, I am growing tired of these guys whiffing at straight fastballs, swinging at curveballs a foot outside... looking bad out there.

Nellie_Fox
09-09-2005, 12:24 AM
I wish I could have been there.

Huisj
09-09-2005, 12:25 AM
This series kind of reminded me a little of how the sox were winning series' back at the beginning of the year. They win the first two games with (mostly) good pitching and a little bit of timely hitting (Konerko's homer on Tuesday late in the game to keep the bullpen from blowing it), and then drop the third. Hey, that way of playing had the sox playing .667 ball for the first month or so, so that'll work if they keep it up. How many series in a row did they win at the beginning of the season, and in how many of them did they only lose the last game of it? It seemed like the first month of the season went like that.

DaleJRFan
09-09-2005, 12:36 AM
This series kind of reminded me a little of how the sox were winning series' back at the beginning of the year. They win the first two games with (mostly) good pitching and a little bit of timely hitting (Konerko's homer on Tuesday late in the game to keep the bullpen from blowing it), and then drop the third. Hey, that way of playing had the sox playing .667 ball for the first month or so, so that'll work if they keep it up. How many series in a row did they win at the beginning of the season, and in how many of them did they only lose the last game of it? It seemed like the first month of the season went like that.

Ya know, you are totally right, and it always seemed to happen to end a 7 or 8 game winning streak. Maybe the Sox have officially returned to first-half baseball :cool:

DumpJerry
09-09-2005, 12:52 AM

:whiner: :whiner: ....we ate dinner together with the Dr. Crawdad family...how soon they forget.....sigh.:wink:

StillMissOzzie
09-09-2005, 01:35 AM
you forgot me!!! I hope you post my picture, the one I demanded was taken with "StillMissOzzie" :D:

I second that!!! :D:
Nice to meet you too, DaleJR Fan!

SMO
:gulp:

DaleJRFan
09-09-2005, 01:52 AM
I second that!!! :D:
Nice to meet you too, DaleJR Fan!

SMO
:gulp:

Hell YA!

We gotta do this again, soon... It was a blast. It sure as heck beats sitting on my livingroom floor watching the game on TV with my laptop in the chat.. :D:

Optipessimism
09-09-2005, 06:36 AM
You have got to be ****ing kidding me.

I don't know...

Pods has looked terrible at the plate recently and if he can't get it going by playoff time there is no other option besides... gasp... Willie.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but Pablo's bat could become very valuable if we pull a 2000 and our bats go dead in the first round.

Dan H
09-09-2005, 06:57 AM
No not at all.

It was worse.

You are right. It was worse. The Sox were lucky they weren't no-hit. The only thing that scares me about this team is that the offense has the real ability to go to sleep at times, sometimes for a long time. Can't do that in the playoffs.

ozzman
09-09-2005, 07:32 AM
My older daughter, Annie, had a great time and fell fast asleep soon after we got in the car. Annie yelled quite a bit but was no match for the excellent leather-lungs sitting by us.

:redface:

chhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Pods has looked terrible at the plate recently and if he can't get it going by playoff time there is no other option besides... gasp... Willie.

Shhhh!!! We don't want Bafiarocks to hear you!!!

ode to veeck
09-09-2005, 09:31 AM
cmon now ... willie!?!?

:darkcloud:

BeviBall!
09-09-2005, 09:41 AM
Didn't Pods have our only RBI last night?

They were looking ahead... plain and simple. Besides, it's awfully tough to season-sweep a team at home. And, KC always plays us tough.

infohawk
09-09-2005, 10:16 AM
I wish I could have been there.

Same here. If I still lived in the Chicagoland area I would have most certainly gone.

Lip Man 1
09-09-2005, 11:30 AM
When you look at the 'stuff' that Garcia has, it's amazing his record is 'only' 12-8. It seems the bad first half karma that was dogging Contreras has now decided to go to Garcia in the second half.

Lip

FielderJones
09-09-2005, 12:09 PM

Timing is everything. The last picture I posted was yours. I was looking at it and trying to figure out, "Who are those guys?" I just happened to click on this thread and saw your post. Well done, sir! Now you get a proper caption.

DickAllen72
09-09-2005, 04:27 PM

Ozuna may be playing over his head, but as long as he is, keep him in. As I said, if he falters, start Crede again.

Although Joe is a much better defensive player, we haven't been missing his defense there while Ozuna's been playing--we just came off a 7 game winning streak. If Ozuna's defense begins to hurt us, by all means Joe starts. Until then, ride a hot hand (note I didn't say hot bat, I said hot hand. In other words someone who is playing well and contributing to the team's success, not necessarily hitting the cover off the ball) and use Joe as a late inning replacement.

And if Ozuna never falters.....even better.

CYGarland20
09-09-2005, 06:09 PM

Shouldnt this comment be in teal??? Your joking right? Yes the offense was pathetic tonite, but to say its deja vu of august??? One bad game and you are saying that they are falling back on the terrible month of august. Yes, this is certainly deja vu of August, 7-1 so far in September, yes if my memory serves me correctly, we were also 28-4 in August correct?

Give it a rest man, this team isint known for offense and they have been swinging very well lately, the offense sucks tonite, but again, ONE GAME!

This is one of the many differences between sox and flubs fans, overreacting, short sidedness and the viewpoint that only the LAST game matters, no matter what your sustained record is over the course of 7/8 of the season.

I dont know how you posted that without teal! Um, we only scored 1 run the night before. So that's 2 games where our offense has looked pathetic. And yes they sure did look circa August 2005 the pastfew nights. Hopefully they can get it going again this weekend. :gulp:

kitekrazy
09-09-2005, 07:00 PM
I think having Everette batting 3rd is killing the Sox. He swings at every pitch.