PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Posada = 110% Class

Over By There
09-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Roeper's column today was really touching - it shows Jorge Posada to be a great guy. Similar to Posada's son, and this other guy's son, my son also had craniosynostosis, and had to have a procedure at 3 months to take corrective action. I've since learned about Posada's foundation, and then read this article today. I really have the utmost respect for Posada now.

"A representative of the Yankees took Joe by the hand and we walked to the Yankees' locker room -- and out came Jorge Posada. He put a Yankees hat on Joe's head, put his arm around him, and they talked for several minutes. He then got a baseball and signed it for Joe."

So Posada actually gave away a baseball that day, but couldn't get one in return. How funny. Or not.

Posada also brought out a couple of friends: Alex Rodriguez and Mariano Rivera. They posed for pictures with the beaming Joe.

"Before Jorge went back, he asked Joe where we were sitting and said he would look for Joe during the game," says McCormick. "I hoped it wasn't an empty promise for Joe's sake as that kid takes everything to heart. It's a sweet trait, but sometimes it can be emotionally disastrous. "Well, in the 7th inning, Jorge was on third base when Ozzie Guillen called a timeout. Sure enough, Jorge turned, took his helmet off, found Joe, pointed at him and waved. The entire section gave a collective 'awww' when they saw Joe smiling.
Link to full article (http://www.suntimes.com/output/roeper/cst-nws-roep08.html#)

SOXintheBURGH
09-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Good for him... great story. :cool:

Rocky Soprano
09-08-2005, 04:42 PM
I read that during lunch. That is just awesome.

NonetheLoaiza
09-08-2005, 07:40 PM
I've always heard that Posada is a good guy, and one of the game's ambassadors so to speak. Guys like Posada amaze me at how so down to earth they can be with all the fame and success. Good Story.

buehrle4cy05
09-08-2005, 10:58 PM
On a team full of cheaters, buttholes, playboys, and just plain greedy people, Posada is a breath of fresh air.