PDA

View Full Version : Whats next for Rooney?

crazyozzie02
09-08-2005, 02:42 PM
I want to ask you guys what you think is next for Rooney. What do you think he will do after the "season of magic?" I wish he would replace D.J. in the booth and give the SOX some much needed kickboost in the the TV department. Plus i think Hawk and Rooney would be an awesome team, maybe one of the best in the majors. Thats what i would want him to do, but i have heard nothing on the sort. So heres your chance to speculate or just let your opinion known. Thanks.

Colin

HotelWhiteSox
09-08-2005, 02:48 PM
He has been doing national radio for ESPN (playoffs) and TV college basketball, he'll probably keep doing that.

For the baseball season, I'd guess Cardinals radio or Angels TV

Baby Fisk
09-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Rooney would be far better than DJ, and could be groomed as Hawk's eventual successor.

White Sox Randy
09-08-2005, 02:56 PM
I'd love to see Rooney and Steve Stone on TV.

Then, Hawk and a play-by-play guy on the radio.

34 Inch Stick
09-08-2005, 03:56 PM
I wish the Sox used this as the impetus to totally clean house with both radio and TV. Unfortunately it looks like both Hawk and Farmer have lifetime contracts and DJ is slowly working his way to the same.

TomBradley72
09-08-2005, 04:19 PM
In a perfect world Rooney would be signed and paired with Hawk...give the WSox a 1st class tv crew....it seems like it's almost a Chicago tradition that when a team is having A SEASON they begin to jettison key people that are part of the package.

twsoxfan5
09-08-2005, 04:29 PM
I work with someone who works at ESPN 1000 at night and he actually asked Rooney what was next and all Rooney would tell him was that he would find out soon. He also said that Rooney really likes ESPN radio and would like to stay there and do some of the baseball shows he does now. He also said that Rooney may go to the Cardinals b/c he is from St. Louis or even do DePaul broadcasts if ESPN picks those up. I dont see him in the TV booth with Hawk, sad as it sounds I think that is DJ's job for a while.

Dick Allen
09-08-2005, 04:57 PM
It really angers me. To me, if an organization wants to be first-class, one of the components should be a top-notch broadcast/telecast crew. Granted, the Score, which is NOT a first class organization, had a major part in this. But Ed Farmer doing play-by-play is not a good thing, and the Sox have to OK this if I'm not mistaken.