PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with Neal?

bennyw41
09-08-2005, 01:51 PM
What is up with Cotts? Perhaps he's hurt, because he isn't pitching nearly as often, and he could of come in last night instead of Marte. Any news or insight?

09-08-2005, 02:05 PM
He was at a wedding my friend was at last Friday...instead of the game...I thought he had a back muscle pull

SOXintheBURGH
09-08-2005, 02:33 PM
He was at a wedding my friend was at last Friday...instead of the game...I thought he had a back muscle pull

How many Jagerbombs did he put down?

JermaineDye05
09-08-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm sure neal is fine, it looked like he may have tweaked something in texas but I'm sure it was just a false alarm, as for not being used, well he was used the other day to get a couple guys out, he got 1 out then I think either gave up a base hit or walked someone, he wasn't used yesterday, is cause 1) Ozzie likes to use neal in like long relief and 2) Ozzie believes the only way he'll get Marte to go after lefties is to keep putting him out there against lefties, it's a confidence thing, it could boost Marte's confidence a lot considering its the day after he got rocked, but still had his troubles apparently, anyways I think Neal is fine, theres nothing wrong with him

JRIG
09-08-2005, 05:15 PM
What is up with Cotts? Perhaps he's hurt, because he isn't pitching nearly as often, and he could of come in last night instead of Marte. Any news or insight?

It appears Ozzie won't use him the way he uses Marte. I like Marte a lot, but Cotts should be getting the high leverage innings Damaso's been getting for the past two months.

Mr. White Sox
09-08-2005, 06:02 PM
I think the real question here is what's the deal with David Sanders? He hasn't pitched since 9/2!

SOX ADDICT '73
09-08-2005, 06:09 PM
I think the real question here is what's the deal with David Sanders? He hasn't pitched since 9/2!
I think he's in Ozzie's doghouse.

Sargeant79
09-08-2005, 06:44 PM
I had seats last night near the bullpen and saw him warming up with Jenks around the 7th or 8th inning. I really would have liked to see him in the game instead of Marte. In fact, I don't think Marte should be allowed to be near the field with less than a three run lead or any time when the tying run is on deck.

Whitesox05
09-09-2005, 02:52 PM
It appears Ozzie won't use him the way he uses Marte. I like Marte a lot, but Cotts should be getting the high leverage innings Damaso's been getting for the past two months.

I like both of them, but Marte is our premeire left handed set up man. He hasn't been pitching well recently at all, but when he throws strikes he is tough to hit. He has great stuff. Cotts is good too, but he also can be wild at times. We are lucky we have him for insurance just in case Marte continues to struggle in the playoffs. Marte has much better stuff, but it comes down to who throws strikes and who gets ahead of the hitters.

KyWhiSoxFan
09-09-2005, 04:32 PM
I like both of them, but Marte is our premeire left handed set up man. He hasn't been pitching well recently at all, but when he throws strikes he is tough to hit. He has great stuff. Cotts is good too, but he also can be wild at times.

You're kidding. Marte stinks. His WHIP is the worst of anyone still pitching for the Sox and for calling Cotts wild, you must be thinking about last year, not this year. Marte is more than twice as wild as Cotts. Cotts averages 2.79 walks per nine innings and Marte averages 6.27. 6.27! That does not count hit batsmen. He has 30 walks in 42 innings. Marte needs to grab some bench and let Cotts be the late-inning lefty.