PDA

View Full Version : Shingo

cheeses_h_rice
09-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Shingo blows another game for the Mets tonight, at a time when the Mets really to win every game they can.

I'm wondering if he pitched his way back to Japan after tonight.

Meixner007
09-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Shingo blows another game for the Mets tonight, at a time when the Mets really to win every game they can.

He didn't blow it. Looper put all three men on base. Shingo came in and got the first two outs and then gave up the game winning single.

cheeses_h_rice
09-07-2005, 11:04 PM
He didn't blow it. Looper put all three men on base. Shingo came in and got the first two outs and then gave up the game winning single.

:redface:

My bad. I thought he started the inning, based on what people were saying in chat.

OK, a bases loaded, no outs situation does mitigate his failure...

Gavin
09-07-2005, 11:18 PM
When your closer lets the first three guys on in the bottom of the ninth in a one run game, I think he should be the one worried about his job.

ChiSoxRowand
09-08-2005, 01:05 AM

Braden Looper sucks. Period.

Jjav829
09-08-2005, 01:22 AM
:redface:

My bad. I thought he started the inning, based on what people were saying in chat.

OK, a bases loaded, no outs situation does mitigate his failure...

Yeah, he actually pitched pretty well. He came in with the bases loaded and got Francouer to pop out to first base. McCann then swung at the first pitch and hit a pop up to short. He went full on Langerhans and made some pretty good pitches. Langerhans fought some off and finally took a pretty good pitch and drove it into the left center to win the game. Shingo really looked like he might get out of the jam. This was a pretty bad way for the Mets to lose, especially given the way the Astros pulled out a win in Philly (Biggio 3-run HR off Wagner in the 9th).

The NL Wild Card race is really fun to watch. This is going to be a good 3 1/2 weeks of baseball.

ClaudelSleptHere
09-08-2005, 02:13 AM
I actually thought Shingo was going to get out of it also. Looper is absolutely terrible. He should get a loss and TWO blown saves in the same game.

MUsoxfan
09-08-2005, 02:56 AM

He's in the twilight of his career. I wish him the best. I think when he's done in the states, he's done

doublem23
09-08-2005, 03:07 AM
I know he didn't load the bases, but you still can't go 3-0 to Langerhans there. Same problem he had here the first half of the year, falling behind guys.

Stroker Ace
09-08-2005, 04:20 AM
Too bad to see this. I agree that Braden Looper blows. It is painful to see the Mets go to he pen in a close game, because I'm expecting a blown lead. Keep your head up Shingo!

bobowhite
09-08-2005, 09:31 AM
He's in the twilight of his career. I wish him the best. I think when he's done in the states, he's done

I disagree, several of the teams in Japan could use his help and I believe he's expressed some interest in re-aquiring the Japan all-time saves record which he previously held.