PDA

View Full Version : 3 year olds clash in youngest recorded Sox-Cubs debate.

RallyBowl
09-07-2005, 09:28 PM
I took my daughter Madilyn to lunch at McDonald's today. Needless to say the playroom was a zoo. So I'm sitting at the table reading the paper, still keeping a mindful eye on her, when what do I see through a thick plastic bubble? My girl sitting there with two other boys. I begin to monitor the situation more closely. She is telling these boys about her recent trip to Chicago to see her Papa, my Dad. As soon as the word Chicago came out of her mouth, I hear one of the boys say "I went to Chicago to see the Cubs!" My little girl went nuts! She stood up and yelled "The Cubs stink! Gooooooo Whitesox!" as loud as she could. It was awesome. So the little boy says, "My Dad says the Cubs are the best." to which Madilyn replied "Well, the cubs lose everyday, and they are just really stinky. The White Sox are the best!" Being only 3, he has not been able to fully comprehend all of the propaganda he has been fed, so he did not have an answer. As he got up she continued to yell "Gooooo White Sox!" in an attempt to further embarass him in front of his mommy. It was really funny.

SOXintheBURGH
09-07-2005, 09:41 PM
I took my daughter Madilyn to lunch at McDonald's today. Needless to say the playroom was a zoo. So I'm sitting at the table reading the paper, still keeping a mindful eye on her, when what do I see through a thick plastic bubble? My girl sitting there with two other boys. I begin to monitor the situation more closely. She is telling these boys about her recent trip to Chicago to see her Papa, my Dad. As soon as the word Chicago came out of her mouth, I hear one of the boys say "I went to Chicago to see the Cubs!" My little girl went nuts! She stood up and yelled "The Cubs stink! Gooooooo Whitesox!" as loud as she could. It was awesome. So the little boy says, "My Dad says the Cubs are the best." to which Madilyn replied "Well, the cubs lose everyday, and they are just really stinky. The White Sox are the best!" Being only 3, he has not been able to fully comprehend all of the propaganda he has been fed, so he did not have an answer. As he got up she continued to yell "Gooooo White Sox!" in an attempt to further embarass him in front of his mommy. It was really funny.

BRILLIANT!

soxfan43
09-07-2005, 09:49 PM
you have raised her well so far

buehrle4cy05
09-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Isn't it great to have a 3-year old daughter who's smarter than most middle aged Cubs fans?:cool:

cheeses_h_rice
09-07-2005, 10:21 PM
"They are just really stinky."

So much wisdom, so few years on this planet.

:thumbsup:

soxjim
09-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Smart girl! You have raised her well.

LuvSox
09-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Awesome parenting Rallybowl! You've got a good kid there.

BigEdWalsh
09-07-2005, 11:33 PM
That's one of the best Cubbie fan-Sox fan encounter stories I've ever heard. You've done well, RallyBowl, be proud. :cool:

Mr. White Sox
09-07-2005, 11:38 PM

:Rocker:
This, combined with the 1337sp34k article on microsoft, has officially made my week.

rwcescato
09-07-2005, 11:51 PM
:Rocker:
This, combined with the 1337sp34k article on microsoft, has officially made my week.

Its a great story. I started this week explaining the magic number to my 10 year old nie ce I am pretty sure she could recite the White Sox post season history by now. Its sad its a short history but I know she can do it.
Rich:)

DumpJerry
09-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Rally, sounds like your kid is gonna get a full scholarship to Princeton or Yale, she's gifted! (Harvard won't want her for obvious reasons).

cubhater77
09-08-2005, 12:40 AM
you have raised your daughter well. i "tested" my one yr old nephew a few months ago. sadly, my dad is a cub fan. i braught out my sox cap, and dad's flub hat. i placed a hat in each hand. my nephew looks at the cub hat, grabs it, and throws it on the ground. he then took my sox cap and placed it on his head, and grinned for several minutes. smart liol guy he is.:lsox

Stroker Ace
09-08-2005, 01:06 AM
Hope she gets a full ride to all of those Ive League schools she'll get into.:D:

Optipessimism
09-08-2005, 01:12 AM

That's just about the cutest thing I've ever heard.

ShoelessJoeS
09-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Gotta start 'em while they're young right? :cool:

skobabe8
09-08-2005, 09:38 AM
RallyBowl = Father Of The Year !

robertks61
09-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Excellent!!!

Some of the first words out of my sons mouth were Cubs s___!
He's 20 now!

Rocky Soprano
09-08-2005, 09:54 AM
That is a great story, if I ever had kids I hope they do that kind of stuff. :D:

davenicholson
09-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Rally--Excellent post! You should be proud of the way your daughter handled this situtation; it certainly bodes well for her in the future!

I don't want to hijack this most excellent thread, so I'll keep this short. I was walking with my 6 year-old son, Andy on his first day of first grade. He saw a city worker with a yellow hard-hat on, sporting Green Bay "G" decals. Andy starts shouting smack to the guy about how he is making the neighborhood stink with his stinky Packers helmet. The guy made a "bring it on" gesture, and my little guy dropped into a 3-point stance and charged! Hilarious. I love kids!

Hangar18
09-08-2005, 10:11 AM
..... So the little boy says, "My Dad says the Cubs are the best."

This is the kid that will grow up ..........and tell everyone how many World Championships the cubs have won ........ and how "historic" the franchise is ....
and how John Rooney has been with the Cubs forever ......

PatK
09-08-2005, 10:17 AM
I don't want to hijack this most excellent thread, so I'll keep this short. I was walking with my 6 year-old son, Andy on his first day of first grade. He saw a city worker with a yellow hard-hat on, sporting Green Bay "G" decals. Andy starts shouting smack to the guy about how he is making the neighborhood stink with his stinky Packers helmet. The guy made a "bring it on" gesture, and my little guy dropped into a 3-point stance and charged! Hilarious. I love kids!

LOL That's awesome as well

SOXintheBURGH
09-08-2005, 10:17 AM
This is the kid that will grow up ..........and tell everyone how many World Championships the cubs have won ........ and how "historic" the franchise is ....
and how John Rooney has been with the Cubs forever ......
:bundy

spiffie
09-08-2005, 10:37 AM
:threadrules:

The best part is RallyBowl is raising his daughter during what will be known as the White Sox Dynasty, where the Sox won 6 World Series titles in a 10 year span.

Fredsox
09-08-2005, 12:23 PM
I'm voting for your daughter for president as soon as she turns 35 years old. Anybody that smart has to be the Leader of the Free World.

RavenswoodFan
09-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Isn't it great to have a 3-year old daughter who's smarter than most middle aged Cubs fans?:cool:

Isn't this the norm???:tongue:

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2005, 09:13 AM
I'm voting for your daughter for president as soon as she turns 35 years old. Anybody that smart has to be the Leader of the Free World.

Nice story to the thread starter...

In this coming presidential election, I nominate Steff and Hangar18 as running mates. Could you imagine the work that would get done at the White House? :cool:

Erik The Red
09-09-2005, 09:35 AM
"Well, the cubs lose everyday, and they are just really stinky. The White Sox are the best!"
Oh god, I was almost in tears I laughed so hard at this! :rolling:

Excellent post!

SOXPHILE
09-09-2005, 11:40 AM
More important, did you call DCFS and report the kid's dad ? Anyone who raises their kids to like the Cubs needs a little visit from them.

Maybe that shouldn't be in teal...

SOXSINCE'70
09-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Rallybowl's daughter needs to educate my nieces (ages 3,4 1/2 and 7 1/2).
Sadly,their father's family is filled with sCrUBS rooters.Hell,i'm lucky my sister
(sadly,also a fan) lets me in the house.:(:

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-10-2005, 09:46 PM
That's great to hear that we're seeing a new generation of great Sox fans, starting at a very young age!:smile: