PDA

View Full Version : Big Games

eastchicagosoxfan
09-07-2005, 07:17 PM
The Sox have had a big lead for several months, but that doesn't mean they haven't played any big games. How do you folks believe the team has played in big games this year? Does anyone see the team's success/failure in those games as a precursor of the post-season. The series that opened the second half against Cleveland comes to mind, and the Sox swept. What other games were big, and how did the team play?

illini81887
09-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Labor Day game against Boston was huge and you know the outcome:smile: :D: :bandance:

veeter
09-07-2005, 07:39 PM
To me their big games were when they needed to end a minor, or in the case of last month, a major losing streak. In each case a pitcher stepped up and stopped the bleeding. In Texas it was McCarthy and against the Yankees it was Contreras.

pinwheels3530
09-07-2005, 11:23 PM
The Turn Back the Clock game with the Dodgers ending with AJ's walk off homerun in those sweet 59 uniforms.

Domeshot17
09-07-2005, 11:32 PM
The Series in New York, National Media Said we would be put in our place then, and we come out and win a tight series, in a playoff baseball atomosphere. If we lost, it would not have meant anything, but i think that we won, and the way we did, showed the nation, watch out, this team is for real

palehozenychicty
09-08-2005, 03:03 PM
i couldn't agree more. i went to the first two games at the stadium, and that was the best series played this entire year by ANY two teams.

TheOldRoman
09-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Labor Day game against Boston was huge and you know the outcome:smile: :D: :bandance:
:moron
"No, because the Red Sox weren't really trying. The game was meaningless to them, but it meant so much to the White Sox inferiority complex. They are much better than the White Sox, and will sweep them in the playoffs if they even make it to the second round."