PDA

View Full Version : Cubune Propoganda Machine allege Sox Fan celebrities to be Cub fans

Hangar18
09-07-2005, 11:03 AM
An actor from the series "Desperate Housewives" recently was called upon
to sing "take me out to the ballgame" at the Urinal recently. Actor Jamie Denton said he told them over and over he was a SOX fan. The
Tribune Corporation is currently engaged in a desperate and losing battle of Everyone-loves-the-Cubs-even-(insert celebrity here)-loves-the-cubs, to keep putting "celebrities" in their booth, never did realize that he was indeed a SOX fan and wouldnt say "cubs" .........

ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaa

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-0509040344sep04,1,595595.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

Goose
09-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Not going to the Urinal and singing the 7th inning stretch is a lost opportunity for a Sox-loving celeb. Why not just play along and when the the appropriate part comes along...bust out with ..."root, root, root for the WHITE SOX, if they don't win it's a shame..."

I have dreams of doing that!

TDog
09-07-2005, 11:09 AM
I don't know who Jamie Denton is, but if I were a celebrity they wanted to sing at the Urinal, I would sing "root, root, root for the White Sox." I would tell Pat and Ron I've always been a Sox fan and never believed in all this Cubs crap.

I might even tell Ron (not being totally honestly) that I became a Mets fan in 1969.

SoxFan76
09-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Blah, he "roots for both teams"

PICK A TEAM!

kittle42
09-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Man, not another "this celebrity is a Sox fan" thread. AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH.

Captian Ron
09-07-2005, 12:13 PM
:whocares :gulp:

Lip Man 1
09-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Here's a question....if these folks are 'Sox fans,' why when they are asked to appear don't they 'just say no.'

Come on' these folks are already famous, popular, rich (take your pick) their careers can't get that much of a 'boost' from appearing at Wrigley.

Me thinks some of these folks aren't the Sox fans they say they are.

Lip

Iwritecode
09-07-2005, 12:56 PM

Lip

Well, that and it feeds their egos by being in the spotlight a little more. Do you really think celelbrities are going to pass up that opportunity?

I've seen big-name musicians perform at private b-day parties just for the pub...

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-07-2005, 01:04 PM
I don't know who Jamie Denton is, but if I were a celebrity they wanted to sing at the Urinal, I would sing "root, root, root for the White Sox." I would tell Pat and Ron I've always been a Sox fan and never believed in all this Cubs crap.

I might even tell Ron (not being totally honestly) that I became a Mets fan in 1969.

Not only would I sing the song that way, I'd tell Santo I think his hair is fake. I'd get more security than Bartman did leaving the place.

skobabe8
09-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Here's a question....if these folks are 'Sox fans,' why when they are asked to appear don't they 'just say no.'

Come on' these folks are already famous, popular, ruch (take your pick) their careers can't get that much of a 'boost' from appearing at Wrigley.

Lip

Right on. They dont even have to say 'no' because their agents do it for them. Why would he sing if he didnt want to?

schmitty9800
09-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Has Terry Armour ever written a column that said anything of substance?

Rocky Soprano
09-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Not only would I sing the song that way, I'd tell Santo I think his hair is fake. I'd get more security than Bartman did leaving the place.

That would be hilarious.

:D:

steff
09-07-2005, 04:36 PM
He was at the Cell Saturday night in the Scout eating area. Stood right behind Mrs Mikster. He's hooooottttt...

Hangar18
09-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Has Terry Armour ever written a column that said anything of substance?

Terry Armour is a huge White Sox Fan .......... I was a north side watering hole
with some of my friends watching the SOX, and he was there with some of
his friends also watching the game. As Sox fans normally do in these circumstances, we got to talking about the bullpen, the team, the pitching, in-game strategy etc. Was fun that a bunch of anonymous SOX fans, to get together and talk SOX baseball.

Optipessimism
09-08-2005, 08:03 AM

Come on' these folks are already famous, popular, rich (take your pick) their careers can't get that much of a 'boost' from appearing at Wrigley.

Lip

The Flubs pick you up in a free limo, serve you the best free food, and sit you in the best free seats just so you can laugh while you enjoy another wonderful Flub loss? Sign me up!

dickallen15
09-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Terry Armour is a huge Sox fan, he's at the park a lot. As for the other guy, he sang the song when the Sox were playing the Cubs. He threw out the first pitch in a Cubs jersey. A real Sox fan would never do that.

SOXSINCE'70
09-10-2005, 02:30 PM
..."root, root, root for the WHITE SOX, if they don't win it's a shame..."

"for it's 1,2,3 sCrUBS strike out at the old ball game.":D: :D: :D:
(and they all come against Bobby Jenks).:bandance: :bandance:

SomebodyToldMe
09-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Stood right behind Mrs Mikster. He's hooooottttt...

Roadhouse here we come!

whitesoxwin
09-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Yea, next they will say John Rooney is a Flub Fan....
Why even read that Cubune crap paper??

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-11-2005, 08:47 AM
Exactly. If that paper is such a piece of crap why do people continue to read it. There are other paper's to subscribe to

Stroker Ace
09-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Not going to the Urinal and singing the 7th inning stretch is a lost opportunity for a Sox-loving celeb. Why not just play along and when the the appropriate part comes along...bust out with ..."root, root, root for the WHITE SOX, if they don't win it's a shame..."

I have dreams of doing that! "'cause it's 1,2,3 strikes HE GAWN! at the old ball game"