PDA

View Full Version : Don't Look Now, But.... (Best Record in MLB)

Brian26
09-07-2005, 10:15 AM
We're back within one game of the best record in baseball. I know it doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot at the end of the season unless we with the whole prize, but it would be nice to have the best record or finish with 99 or 100 victories (just to say this is the best team in our lifetime). But I guess winning the Series would prove that anyway. :D:

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-07-2005, 10:20 AM
I saw that this morning too...I also was thinking...there is an excellent chance that this could be an undefeated homestand...AJ got some rest with the baby (CONGRATS AJ), pitching is tuned perfectly, hitting is back....wow oh wow...if only I didn't have plans all weekend, I'd be at all the games Thurs-Sun!!

arbutron
09-07-2005, 10:36 AM
I want the best record back, whatever it means or doesnt...i mean we should still be trying to win as many games as possible for home field in the ALCS.

dare i say, go cubs? Nah... Lose Cards!!

SOXPHILE
09-07-2005, 11:28 AM
I keep telling myself that it doesn't matter, as long as they have the best in the A.L., but for my own selfishness and pride but I still want them to get the best record in baseball. The only thing is, it means my 2nd favorite team, the Cardinals, need to lose a couple more games, and I can't bring myself to root against them, especially as they play the Cubs !! I'll take the Sox with the best record in MLB, (102-60 ?) followed closely by the Cardinals (100-62). Yeah, that's the ticket....

RallyBowl
09-07-2005, 11:40 AM
I for one hope that the Cards finish with the best record. That comes with a certain amount of baggage, as I can't remember the last team that turned the best record into a World Championship.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-07-2005, 11:40 AM
The best part about the Sox having the best record in all of baseball was listening to the national mediots either choke on it (Kruk, Brantley) or flat-out ignore it (Phillips).

I wouldn't mind spending a few more days at the top before season's end, but I said all along that the Cardinals would eventually overtake the Sox. There are a number of competitive teams in the AL, while St. Louis gets to play a collection of minor leaguers (possible exception Atlanta) in the NL.

SoxinAZ
09-07-2005, 12:01 PM
I for one hope that the Cards finish with the best record. That comes with a certain amount of baggage, as I can't remember the last team that turned the best record into a World Championship.

You don't want the best record because those teams historically haven't won the Championship. Take a look.

TommyJohn
09-07-2005, 12:05 PM
You don't want the best record because those teams historically haven't won the Championship. Take a look.

I will. The Tribune and Sun-Times are bound to have special pullout sections
on that very subject.

SoxFan76
09-07-2005, 12:54 PM
You don't want the best record because those teams historically haven't won the Championship...

So.

History means nothing. LIVE IN THE NOW!!!

34 Inch Stick
09-07-2005, 12:57 PM
I put best MLB record on the September "Things To Do" list. However it is far behind clinching the Central, clinching the AL and winning 101.

JohnBasedowYoda
09-07-2005, 12:57 PM
when will aj be back

Brian26
09-07-2005, 12:58 PM

The White Sox haven't historically won championships either. I want it all this year. Best record and World Championship.

JohnBasedowYoda
09-07-2005, 01:04 PM
The White Sox haven't historically won championships either. I want it all this year. Best record and World Championship.

that would silence all the nay-sayers

Fuller_Schettman
09-07-2005, 01:52 PM

My feelings exactly. As Fee Waybill once crooned "I just can't wait to have it all now!"

Sad
09-07-2005, 03:06 PM
My feelings exactly. As Fee Waybill once crooned "I just can't wait to have it all now!"

Fee Waybill... of The Tubes?? :?:

Fuller_Schettman
09-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Fee Waybill... of The Tubes?? :?:

That's the one!

ode to veeck
09-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Best record in the AL is much much more important than the MLB best record as it could determine home field advantage for the ALCS

On the other hand, after Cards loss they are now tied with Sox in the loss column