View Full Version : Bruce Wolf says hes not a "dark cloud" on FOX

Hangar18
09-07-2005, 10:11 AM
He made me burst out laughing yesterday morning. He talked about the SOX
win and said that there were some easy teams coming up, but that he didnt
want to be a "dark cloud", very funny.

1951Campbell
09-07-2005, 10:21 AM
There's only one place the "Dark Cloud" meme can be traced to...

SOXPHILE
09-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Maybe not, but what he is is a smirking, smarmy little man who likes to laugh at his own "jokes", and has made numerous jabs about the White Sox, Sox fans, and attendance over the years. Hey, I know Bruce ! Do that "Chet Chit Chat" thing that was sorta funny 20 years ago !

Hangar18
09-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Maybe not, but what he is is a smirking, smarmy little man who likes to laugh at his own "jokes", and has made numerous jabs about the White Sox, Sox fans, and attendance over the years. Hey, I know Bruce ! Do that "Chet Chit Chat" thing that was sorta funny 20 years ago !

Nahhhh, his humor im finding is very highbrow .......just when you think hes
ripping on SOX fans, hes actually ripping on Uncle Jerry. The last couple of
days ......hes ripped on the fans for not showing up (again) at the cell, but
alternately noted how theyve been partying (winning) like it was April 05 again
heh heh

RallyBowl
09-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Bruce, if you are reading this, I think you're a jerk. Funny somtimes, but mostly a jerk.

SOXPHILE
09-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Nahhhh, his humor im finding is very highbrow .......just when you think hes
ripping on SOX fans, hes actually ripping on Uncle Jerry. The last couple of
days ......hes ripped on the fans for not showing up (again) at the cell, but
alternately noted how theyve been partying (winning) like it was April 05 again
heh heh

Maybe. I just find that I can usually just take the likes of him, & Mark Giangreco (sp ?) in very small doses. I might laugh at a little of their humor, but most of the time I find myself wanting to reach through the T.V. to sock them in the mouth.

Dolanski
09-07-2005, 11:50 AM
I sat next to him and his son at a Sox-Orioles game earlier this year. He and his son both were into the game, both Sox fans. Nice guy in person, can't really say much about his broadcast because since the advent of cable TV, I haven't really watched a local news sports broadcast...

Dick Allen
09-07-2005, 11:53 AM
It's been pointed out on this board numerous times in the past that Bruce is a Sox fan. Whether or not that comes out in his sportscasts, I couldn't tell you, since I don't watch very much.

patbooyah
09-07-2005, 11:53 AM
can't we keep things more positive here? you don't need to take every opportunity you can find to criticize someone/a poster/a mod.

henry - that's funny. not as funny as you drunk in san diego, but still funny. :D:

kninchicago
09-07-2005, 12:16 PM
We watch Fox News in the morning every day at my house, and Bruce Wolf is not subtle in indicating which team in Chicago he's a fan of. In fact, most of the announcers on that morning broadcast are Sox people. Bruce hides it the least and Dave Navarro can get riled enough to make it obvious too sometimes.

Hangar18
09-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Wolfy is very professional I believe ........heck, I use Murphy at the Score
as a yardstick heh heh. Now whose more professional of those two? The Cubby Trixie of the newscast is Nancy Loo. Shes piped down her glee
when the cubs win (she knows theyre done) and I like how Wolf sometimes
makes some pointed cub jokes/comments towards her, very dry and sometimes over her head .........which is HILARIOUS !

Brian26
09-07-2005, 12:40 PM
We watch Fox News in the morning every day at my house, and Bruce Wolf is not subtle in indicating which team in Chicago he's a fan of. In fact, most of the announcers on that morning broadcast are Sox people. Bruce hides it the least and Dave Navarro can get riled enough to make it obvious too sometimes.

I always thought Bruce was a Soxfan, dating back to June of 1988 when he called in to AM 1000 (interrupted the Tim and Beth Show) past midnight to announce that Jim Thompson had stopped the clock and twisted arms to single-handidly save the White Sox from moving.

russ99
09-07-2005, 02:06 PM
the Tim and Beth Show

Tim & Beth. Geez, that takes me back.

Bruce is good people, he'll sacrifice his Sox fan-dom for a few clever smarty-farty jokes in his sportscast anytime. I love his Lloyd Petit imitations for Hawks highlights.

Patrick Elwood is the most obvious Sox fan of all the Fox people.

munchman33
09-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Bruce Wolf is the funniest guy in Chicago sports. And he's a serious White Sox fan. You guys need to lighten up.

JeffIsTHEMAN
09-07-2005, 02:30 PM
wats a dark cloud??

by the way this site is ****in awesome!!

Hangar18
09-07-2005, 02:36 PM
wats a dark cloud??

by the way this site is ****in awesome!!

A Dark Cloud is a long-time SOX fan who is sometimes skeptical of the teams chances (usually means said fan has seen the down years) There are differing
degrees of "Cloudiness" ive discovered, but for the most part, Dark Clouds tend to look at the SOX with a more realistic and weary point of view. There are Darker Clouds out there, who think everything is bad, what can go wrong will go wrong, and there are Black Clouds, who want the SOX to lose.

A Dark Cloud doesnt exist 8 miles north ......... where everything is sunny day,
the beer flows like a river, and their team is in the World Series every year
heh heh. Sox fans know otherwise .....

rdwj
09-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Bruce Wolf is the funniest guy in Chicago sports. And he's a serious White Sox fan. You guys need to lighten up.

Couldn't agree more. So he makes a few jokes - so what?!? I think he's the best sports guy around. He's smart, funny and easy to listen to.

zach23
09-07-2005, 03:17 PM
A Dark Cloud is a long-time SOX fan who is sometimes skeptical of the teams chances (usually means said fan has seen the down years) There are differing
degrees of "Cloudiness" ive discovered, but for the most part, Dark Clouds tend to look at the SOX with a more realistic and weary point of view. There are Darker Clouds out there, who think everything is bad, what can go wrong will go wrong, and there are Black Clouds, who want the SOX to lose.

A Dark Cloud doesnt exist 8 miles north ......... where everything is sunny day,
the beer flows like a river, and their team is in the World Series every year
heh heh. Sox fans know otherwise .....

So it was "realistic" to say the Sox would miss the playoffs when they were going through a slump in August?
I wouldn't call the Dark Clouds "realistic", I would call them insane.

Hangar18
09-07-2005, 04:36 PM
So it was "realistic" to say the Sox would miss the playoffs when they were going through a slump in August?
I wouldn't call the Dark Clouds "realistic", I would call them insane.

Black Clouds would be "insane". Most Dark Clouds were worried about the performance once in the playoffs, I was. Im still being realistic, our hitting wont cut it in the playoffs .......However, if we can pitch lights out, we'll win.

BeviBall!
09-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Bruce Wolf is hilarious.

mikehuff
09-07-2005, 04:47 PM
I think he's the best sports guy around. He's smart, funny and easy to listen to.
Wow, really? I would label this guy as the classic dork.

dan
09-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Quit talking smack about people you don't even know. Maybe if you guys actually knew Bruce you would be qualified to make a comment about him.

patbooyah
09-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Wow, really? I would label this guy as the classic dork.

this coming from someone who posted 20 times on a white sox message board yesterday. :cool: :D: