PDA

View Full Version : Magic number question

mike squires
09-07-2005, 12:05 AM
With a day off in the schedule (12th) does that automatically decrease one r off the magic number? Thanks.

UofCSoxFan
09-07-2005, 12:09 AM
No.

The magic number is just the number of White Sox wins plus Indians losses (or whoever the 2nd place team is at the time) needed for the Sox to win the the Central.

FoulTerritory
09-07-2005, 01:41 PM
162 - (1st place team wins) - (2nd place team losses) +1 = Magic Number

Iwritecode
09-07-2005, 01:45 PM
With a day off in the schedule (12th) does that automatically decrease one r off the magic number? Thanks.

Only if Cleveland loses to Oakland that day. :wink:

GregoryEtc
09-07-2005, 01:49 PM
I've got Sept. 21st circled on my calendar. That's my guess. I'd also love to see the guys just treat clinching as "ho-hum"... a couple extra high-fives and some bubbly in the lockerroom, sure... but not an embarassing celebration of guys getting mobbed on the mound or something. The division title is not the goal.

skobabe8
09-07-2005, 02:38 PM
magic number is affected by GAMES. Not days.

Tekijawa
09-07-2005, 04:29 PM
I'd also love to see the guys just treat clinching as "ho-hum"... a couple extra high-fives and some bubbly in the lockerroom, sure...

Personally... I'm hoping for FULL BLOWN MAN LOVE!!!!

Baby Fisk
09-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Personally... I'm hoping for FULL BLOWN MAN LOVE!!!!With or without the panties?

Foulke You
09-07-2005, 04:58 PM
I've got Sept. 21st circled on my calendar. That's my guess. I'd also love to see the guys just treat clinching as "ho-hum"... a couple extra high-fives and some bubbly in the lockerroom, sure... but not an embarassing celebration of guys getting mobbed on the mound or something. The division title is not the goal.
I disagree. It shouldn't be "ho-hum". A division title is still something very special in baseball and something these guys worked their asses off through a long season to win. This isn't the NBA where half the league makes the playoffs. Let the Sox celebrate, especially in front of the home fans. Postseason berths don't happen too often in Chicago so I see nothing wrong with a big celebration providing it isn't too over the top.

SOXintheBURGH
09-07-2005, 05:05 PM
With or without the panties?

:walnuts

"He's a lumber jack and he's okay..." (sing it with me!)

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-07-2005, 06:06 PM
With or without the panties?

Wow...this post went downhill faster than Shingo's closer role.