PDA

View Full Version : Does Frank sit on bench during playoffs?

mike squires
09-06-2005, 11:47 PM
WHEN the Sox make the playoffs does Frank support the team and sit on the bench and help cheerlead or at least in the clubhouse?

Hopefully they let him in the clubhouse to at least give the team a pep talk.

That is a Carlton Fisk joke for all you youngens.

ChiSoxRowand
09-06-2005, 11:49 PM
I hope he sits on the bench. I remember seeing AJ Burnett on the Marlins bench a couple of years ago.

Unregistered
09-06-2005, 11:49 PM
WHEN the Sox make the playoffs does Frank support the team and sit on the bench and help cheerlead or at least in the clubhouse?

Hopefully they let him in the clubhouse to at least give the team a pep talk.

That is a Carlton Fisk joke for all you youngens. That would be awesome if Frank was on the bench for every game. Even it was only for cheering on his teammates.

UofCSoxFan
09-07-2005, 12:13 AM
I remember reading about a week ago that Frank planned on joining the team for the September run....haven't heard anything more on it since then though.

BlackFrancis
09-07-2005, 12:15 AM
Frank sure as hell BETTER be on the bench cheering his teammates on during the playoffs.

SABRSox
09-07-2005, 12:59 AM
He'll be there, and he'll be coming off the bench to hit a pinch-hit GW HR in the bottom of the ninth...

mikehuff
09-07-2005, 07:45 AM
OK, so what is the official call here? Is he or is he not available for the playoffs?

There has been a lot of confusion on this board about this issue and I still don't know for sure. From what I know, he has been moved to the 60 day DL, which makes him ineligible for the playoffs. Is that correct? Or could he still be available for the ALCS or World Series since rosters can be changed after each series?

tacosalbarojas
09-07-2005, 12:38 PM
OK, so what is the official call here? Is he or is he not available for the playoffs?

There has been a lot of confusion on this board about this issue and I still don't know for sure. From what I know, he has been moved to the 60 day DL, which makes him ineligible for the playoffs. Is that correct? Or could he still be available for the ALCS or World Series since rosters can be changed after each series?At the time Frank was moved to the 60-day, KW had a quote saying "sometimes you have to protect the player from himself". I took that to mean this move was a sure sign Frank won't be available.

Ol' No. 2
09-07-2005, 12:42 PM

There has been a lot of confusion on this board about this issue and I still don't know for sure. From what I know, he has been moved to the 60 day DL, which makes him ineligible for the playoffs. Is that correct? Or could he still be available for the ALCS or World Series since rosters can be changed after each series?The movement to the 60-day DL was retroactive to July 21, so he will be eligible to come off the DL on September 19. Because he was on the 15-day DL on Sept 1 he is eligible to be on the playoff roster. Whether he is physically able is another matter.