PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Cub hater shirt

Soxfan2004
09-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Does anyone know where I can purchase some Cub hating gear, such as t-shirts, hats, mugs, etc...? Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

MRKARNO
09-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Be subtle. Buy White Sox gear. The message will get through.

ilsox7
Does anyone know where I can purchase some Cub hating gear, such as t-shirts, hats, mugs, etc...? Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Great first post.

If you didn't notice, this is a White Sox fan site.

cheeses_h_rice
:rolleyes:

First post here, and it's good to see you talking White Sox.

The Dude

Here's a suggestion...buy a PRO WHITE SOX shirt, hat, mug, jersey. Forget the cubs and dont waste your money on their team even if its anti.

Chips
09-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Like they said, excellent post, but you can get anti cubs **** outside The Cell.
BUT YOU NEED TO BUY SOX STUFF.

voodoochile
09-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Ooooo... I know I know... Call on me... Call on me...

Go to cicero and Jackson. Dressed in a white sheet with a pillow case on your head. Be sure to use the secret code terms like "White Power" that will prove you are one of the cool guys. Carrying a confederate flag in one of your hands will do wonders for your reputation and you will quickly be shown to the back room where they will be glad to give you all the cub hater stuff you want and need.

Come back in a week and tell us how it went...:rolleyes:

SOX ADDICT '73
09-06-2005, 10:54 PM
Like they said, excellent post...
Fixed that for ya.

It always bugs me when I'm at USCF, and I see as many "Cubs Suck", "CORK", or "Cuck the Fubs" shirts as Sox jerseys. Especially annoying when watching the Cubs @ Sox games on national TV, hearing the mediots commenting on the "Sea of Cubbie Blue" at our park, and wondering how many of those are actually anti-Cub shirts.

Support the SOX, forget everybody else.

DrCrawdad
09-06-2005, 11:10 PM
I hate the Cubbies as much as many here, but I'll never wear anything with a Cubbie symbol on it, even if that symbol has been altered.

Many years ago I considered making, "Cuck The Fubs" shirts but thought not.

Fredsox
09-07-2005, 07:41 AM
I must confess that I did purchase a set of "Sosa Cork Company" t-shirts out at Comiskey for my kids a couple of years ago....I couldn't resist really.

But yes, the cubs are irrelevant, and this is a positive web site. Buying White Sox gear is the proper perspective.

LuvSox
09-07-2005, 09:34 AM
I hate the Cubbies as much as many here, but I'll never wear anything with a Cubbie symbol on it, even if that symbol has been altered.

You put that very well.

GO SOX.

spiffie
09-07-2005, 09:49 AM
I bought some of the Cubs-hating stuff a few years ago, and I used to wear it more often, but I came to agree with what all the folks on here say, better to wear your Sox gear than to simply advertise hating the Cubs.

Nowadays I only bust those shirts out during the crosstown series. I figure since they're actually our opponent during those games it's actually relevant to hate them for practical reasons (they're trying to beat us) than simply for the usual reasons..

Soxfan2004
09-07-2005, 10:38 AM
I know understand, but why does this site have cubs players on the top banner of this page? I will go out and buy some more White Sox gear as you suggested, but someone needs to take care of the Cubs in the banner on the top of this page.

cheeses_h_rice
09-07-2005, 11:20 AM
I know understand, but why does this site have cubs players on the top banner of this page? I will go out and buy some more White Sox gear as you suggested, but someone needs to take care of the Cubs in the banner on the top of this page.

I'm sure FWC will get right on that.

Iwritecode
09-07-2005, 11:35 AM

There's not a single person in that banner that plays for the Cubs...

winning ugly 72
09-07-2005, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE=Soxfan2004]Does anyone know where I can purchase some Cub hating gear, such as t-shirts, hats, mugs, etc...?

WHY ?

cheeses_h_rice
09-07-2005, 01:39 PM
WHY ?

Why, to show what a huge White Sox fan he is, naturally.

cbone
09-07-2005, 01:48 PM
There's not a single person in that banner that plays for the Cubs...

Are you sure? I think Woo-Woo starts in left today and the big purple dinosaur is in center (He has great range) Teal not really necessary.

Joosh
09-07-2005, 03:41 PM
EDIT: My comment was uncalled for. My apologies to those who may have been offended.

schmitty9800
09-07-2005, 03:49 PM
I must confess, I bought a CUBS SUCK shirt once when I was extremely hammered after a game. It was mainly to piss my friend off (he who wears the "Chicago's 3 disasters: Fire, Flood, and Comiskey" shirt).

I've never worn it though. It's stupid.

voodoochile
09-07-2005, 06:28 PM
This reminds me of that shirt I saw outside the Cell on Sunday:

Wrigley Field:
World's Largest Gay Bar

The "Very" Friendly Confines

That one made me chuckle.

Of course it did...

See you in 3 days...:rolleyes: