PDA

View Full Version : Core of the Core: Final Update and a Request

TornLabrum
09-06-2005, 09:33 PM
I just received an email (mailed before 10:00 a.m. today from Kurt Hasenbalg. The final tally for ticket sales was 205. Not bad!

Somebody mentioned name tags. If you still want to do this, I can't guarantee that I'll be able to get to the ball park before the gates open to help set this up. My commute there from work is too long to guarantee that.

So if someone wants to do that, Kurt says he can set up a check-in table. All I ask is that if you want to do this do two things:

1) Let us know on the board if you're volunteering for this.

2) Email kurt at khasenbalg@chisox.com and let him know you'll be doing this, so he can let you know what to do Thursday.

Please note that if you don't have name tags, you shouldn't volunteer and that you'll need to get to the park a little early to get together with Kurt to help set things up. I'd also suggest that you bring some markers to put names on the tags with.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-07-2005, 08:27 AM
I brought it up before, so I'll handle it. I will also email Kurt today and let him know. I'm leaving work early, and I'm only 20 minutes from my house to the park, so I got it covered. Thanks for the heads up.

Iwritecode
09-07-2005, 08:57 AM
One of these days I'm going to get the shirt shown in my sig and wear it for things like this. :D:

skobabe8
09-07-2005, 10:37 AM
I brought it up before, so I'll handle it. I will also email Kurt today and let him know. I'm leaving work early, and I'm only 20 minutes from my house to the park, so I got it covered. Thanks for the heads up.

Way to step up

The Dude
09-07-2005, 12:04 PM

Much abliged RedHeadPaleHoser

Palehose13
09-07-2005, 12:18 PM

Thanks a lot! I would volunteer, but if I am lucky I will be able to get out of Milwaukee at 2. If not, 2:45ish and I don't know that I would get there on time. If I get there early, I'll stop by and help you for a bit.

Pasqua's Posers
09-07-2005, 12:26 PM
i was not able to get my request in on time, but I will be present at the game. White home SOUTH SIDE on the back...hanging out on the righjt field concourse. I might even bring a WSI handmade sign...looking forward to meeting the gang...

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Way to step up

No problem. I brought it up before, so I might as well finish the job. Besides, since I'm getting them, I'll know who my victims are as I begin my peanut assault in the seats.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Got the email back from Kurt - we're all set. We will have a table set up in the Patio area before gates open.

ChiSoxGirl
09-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Got the email back from Kurt - we're all set. We will have a table set up in the Patio area before gates open.

I have to ask you.... I've only ever been to one Patio Party before, and I think we're allowed in at 5:30 like the rest of 'em, right? And then do we just check in with you when we arrive? Thanks for your help. :smile:

TornLabrum
09-07-2005, 05:23 PM

Excellent! Thanks for stepping up. Coming in from Poplar Grove I never know what kind of traffic I'm going to face. I generally get out of there around 2:40, but I've had trips where it has taken me until nearly 6:00 to make it as far as The Cell.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-07-2005, 05:45 PM
According to Kurt, gates open at 5:30, so everyone can come right in when the gates open. Having been to one party before, and showing up only 20 minutes prior to game time, I have to assume there are no issues about being in the Patio right as gates open. Regarding "checking in", the only thing I'm going to have on the table is name tags that everyone can complete for themselves when they get there...I do not have any type of formal name list...

We'll find out in 24 hours, won't we??:D:

chisoxfanatic
09-07-2005, 05:54 PM
This should be a blast...I'll be there as early as possible.

TornLabrum
09-07-2005, 06:14 PM
According to Kurt, gates open at 5:30, so everyone can come right in when the gates open. Having been to one party before, and showing up only 20 minutes prior to game time, I have to assume there are no issues about being in the Patio right as gates open. Regarding "checking in", the only thing I'm going to have on the table is name tags that everyone can complete for themselves when they get there...I do not have any type of formal name list...

We'll find out in 24 hours, won't we??:D:

Markers might be a good idea, too.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Markers might be a good idea, too.

Didn't mention it, cuz I planned on it anyway. What's the use of tags if we have to write our names in pencil? Already on the case.

TornLabrum
09-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Didn't mention it, cuz I planned on it anyway. What's the use of tags if we have to write our names in pencil? Already on the case.

You'd be amazed at the number of times I forget something like that.

chisoxfanatic
09-07-2005, 06:28 PM

Hahaha!! Perhaps you could ask everyone to put which website they're from, because we are sharing this thing with two others? :)

DaleJRFan
09-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Hahaha!! Perhaps you could ask everyone to put which website they're from, because we are sharing this thing with two others? :)

Lst time I was snooping at SoxTalk and SouthSiders, they were ripping into us for suggesting we wear nametags. I, for one, don't really care... but I'd much rather walk around and introduce myself.

Then again, name tags might be a good idea. I don't want to blindly walk up to Maurice or Shoota, they might clobber me for my seemingly endless FOJC rants :redneck

Iwritecode
09-07-2005, 06:45 PM

You'd better give me a big nametag then...

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-07-2005, 06:49 PM
You'd better give me a big nametag then...

Fine...nametags for some...POSTERBOARD with a big arrow for others.