PDA

View Full Version : Chris Carpenter vs. Cris Carpenter

Brian26
09-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Just had a bizzare moment sitting at my desk here. I'm going through a set of 1992 Topps Stadium Club baseball cards. Card #429 is Cris Carpenter of the St. Louis Cardinals! :?: I just did a double-take. Not the same guy as the current Cardinals pitcher who has 19 wins, but what a hell of a coincidence. Their names are off by one letter (Cris vs. Chris). The current Carpenter was born in '75, this older Carpenter was born in '65. They actually look similar too, which makes it even stranger.

I've seen players with the same name before (the immediate example that always comes to mind is Frank Thomas and Frank Thomas). This one is pretty strange though.

Chips
09-06-2005, 11:47 PM
How about Jose Uribe and "Jose" Uribe

RKMeibalane
09-06-2005, 11:49 PM
How about Jose Uribe and "Jose" Uribe

Good one!

Ol' No. 2
09-06-2005, 11:50 PM
Just had a bizzare moment sitting at my desk here. I'm going through a set of 1992 Topps Stadium Club baseball cards. Card #429 is Cris Carpenter of the St. Louis Cardinals! :?: I just did a double-take. Not the same guy as the current Cardinals pitcher who has 19 wins, but what a hell of a coincidence. Their names are off my one letter (Cris vs. Chris). The current Carpenter was born in '75, this older Carpenter was born in '65. They actually look similar too, which makes it even stranger.

I've seen players with the same name before (the immediate example that always comes to mind is Frank Thomas and Frank Thomas). This one is pretty strange though.http://trashotron.com/agony/images/columns-2002/09-30-02/rod_serling.gif Coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe it's just a normal day...in the Twilight Zone. Do-do-do-do Do-do-do-do