PDA

View Full Version : Rusch no hitting Cards

soxwon
09-06-2005, 09:50 PM
I know most of you dont give a hoot.
But Glendon Rusch is no hitting the cards thru 6 innings.

cleanwsox
09-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Jinx!

cleanwsox
09-06-2005, 09:57 PM
And that takes care of that. Eckstein gets a single up the middle.

soxwon
09-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Jinx!

good i broke up a no hitter- cool.

what YOu wanted a no no?
I certainly didnt want one.

BigEdWalsh
09-06-2005, 10:03 PM
good i broke up a no hitter- cool.

what YOu wanted a no no?

Good work, soxwon!!!:gulp:

kittle42
09-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Are the Cubs still playing?

Chips
09-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Are the Cubs still playing?

If you want to call it that.

Cowhead418
09-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Well I for one am happy with the result. We gained another game on the Cards.:cool:

silenceofthehawk
09-07-2005, 01:59 AM
what YOu wanted a no no?
I certainly didnt want one.[/QUOTE]
Once again, this is the difference between someone who is a White Sox fan, and someone who is a baseball fan and the White Sox happen to be his favorite team. As a true baseball fan, I enjoy watching pitchers throw no hitters, no matter what team he plays on. Please, please, please don't let your hatred for a team destroy the game of baseball.

TheOldRoman
09-07-2005, 02:53 AM
what YOu wanted a no no?
Once again, this is the difference between someone who is a White Sox fan, and someone who is a baseball fan and the White Sox happen to be his favorite team. As a true baseball fan, I enjoy watching pitchers throw no hitters, no matter what team he plays on. Please, please, please don't let your hatred for a team destroy the game of baseball.[/QUOTE]
I am a baseball fan, but I would hate to see a Cubs pitcher throw a no hitter. We still don't get the coverage we deserve from the local media, and it would be 10x worse if the Cubs had a no hitter. It would be on the front page of the Cubune, and there would be a special 10 page pull out section in the Trib and Cub Times detailing every pitch. The Cubune would run a "days since the no no" box, and it would be made out to look bigger than winning a World Series. We would have to hear from Cubs fans how we suck because we didn't have a no hitter recently. The no hitter would enter Chicago media lore with the "Sandburg Game".

The headline in late October would go something like this:

Buehrle roughed up in "MVP" effort
Mark Buehrle gives up 2 shamefilled hits as lifeless Sox win meaningless series

Sullivan - Two hits too many
Greenstein - Buehrle comes up short on biggest stage, Rusch would have done better
McGrath - Remember Rusch's no-no? That's because you are the best fans in the world.
Van Dyck - Sox title is fleeting, but no hitter is timeless

C-Dawg
09-07-2005, 06:43 AM
The no hitter would enter Chicago media lore with the "Sandburg Game".

Just look at Kerry Woods - he's been riding the momentum from his God-knows-how-many strikeouts game ever since 1998.