PDA

View Full Version : Sox Army : Konerko up for Aaron honor

DrGiggles
09-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Come on guys...lets do for Paulie what we did for Pods. Vote on mlb.com for Konerko. He is one of the 6 finalists for the Hank Aaron Award this year. So lets get voting.

cleanwsox
09-02-2005, 03:24 PM
:churrosarmy:

Tekijawa
09-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Is this awarded to the Guy most likely to Pop out with runners on or ground into a double play? Because if so, then he's a lock!

DrGiggles
09-02-2005, 03:28 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050902&content_id=1193733&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Deadguy
09-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Is this awarded to the Guy most likely to Pop out with runners on or ground into a double play? Because if so, then he's a lock!

:rolling:

nlentz88
09-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Is voting open yet? I didn't see a how we're supposed to vote.

Unregistered
09-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Is voting open yet? I didn't see a how we're supposed to vote..

From September 6 through 30, fans will be able to vote from among the six finalists in each League to determine the American League and National League recipients of the 2005 Hank Aaron Award presented by CENTURY 21. Voting will take place exclusively at MLB.com, the official Web site of Major League Baseball.

DrGiggles
09-02-2005, 03:58 PM
My bad...lets just have hope for him then.

maurice
09-02-2005, 04:13 PM
I'm glad the Sox have a representative, but there's no way that Konerko is more deserving than the likes of Ortiz and Rodriguez. I'd stuff the ballot box if it were a close call (like Podsednik and the ASG), but this is a really wide margin.

HITMEN OF 77
09-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Way to go Paulie!! :thumbsup:

bennyw41
09-02-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm glad the Sox have a representative, but there's no way that Konerko is more deserving than the likes of Ortiz and Rodriguez. I'd stuff the ballot box if it were a close call (like Podsednik and the ASG), but this is a really wide margin.

Couldn't agree more. I mean, look at DLee's numbers, and then put them next to Konerko. And I hate the cubs.

jshanahanjr
09-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Nice acknowledgment for Paulie. He should finish in the top 5 for AL MVP this year based on his #'s and the team's success. I'd say Pay-Rod, Ortiz, Mannie, PK, and Sheff.

MarySwiss
09-02-2005, 04:32 PM

But I thought we were supposed to be totally biased? :?:

hawkjt
09-03-2005, 10:30 AM
Thought that fans that actually watch the games would acknowledge that Paulie has easily been the most consistent hitter the last 3 months when absolutely no one else on this team was. Even thru the dry stretch in August he was hitting well over .300.

Some fans just refuse to let go of some silly vendetta against the best hitter on our best team in over a decade. But no, lets just rip him as he leads the team into the playoffs. So fricking childish.

gobears1987
09-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Konerko is the best slugger on the team right now. It's good to have him representing the Sox. I like Paulie and think he's a great player, but he isn't the best man for this award. There are more deserving players of this award.

Frankfan4life
09-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Come on guys...lets do for Paulie what we did for Pods. Vote on mlb.com for Konerko. He is one of the 6 finalists for the Hank Aaron Award this year. So lets get voting.What the heck, I'll put in some votes.

maurice
09-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Thought that fans that actually watch the games would acknowledge that Paulie has easily been the most consistent hitter the last 3 months when absolutely no one else on this team was. Even thru the dry stretch in August he was hitting well over .300.

Unfortunately, the entire season counts, and only a fool could claim that Konerko is even close to great hitters like Ortiz and Rodriguez. That's way beyond "biased." That's idiocy.

BTW, it's not a rip to say that a player is not in the same class as Ortiz and Rodriguez. It's a cold, hard fact.

tacosalbarojas
09-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Screw this award...just get us some big post-season hits. Game winners would be most appreciated!

The Dude
09-06-2005, 06:12 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050905&content_id=1197852&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Lets try and get PK this award. I doubt it will get much support from the FOGIDPK, but if we can do it for Pods, lets get it done for PK!

HITMEN OF 77
09-06-2005, 07:06 PM
He's got my vote, that's for sure. WTG Paulie!!

Chips
09-06-2005, 07:11 PM
You got my vote

mr_genius
09-06-2005, 07:12 PM
"This kid is my captain and the leader of my team," manager Ozzie Guillen said of Konerko."

Well, maybe this can put to rest the nonsense that Konerko is horrible teammate who bashes his fellow White Sox with reckless abandon.

big maybe

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Paulie! Paulie! He's got my vote.

HITMEN OF 77
09-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Well, maybe this can put to rest the nonsense that Konerko is horrible teammate who bashes his fellow White Sox with reckless abandon.

big maybe

No kidding. Had Konerko not been a hot hitter in August, I wonder where this team might have been?

Mr. White Sox
09-06-2005, 07:27 PM
No kidding. Had Konerko not been a hot hitter in August, I wonder where this team might have been?

:hijacked:

What if Jon Garland were a .500, 4.7+ ERA pitcher this year? :o:

maurice
09-06-2005, 07:31 PM
There's already an 18-post thread on this subject here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57001).

Except for the fact that Ozzie is not his teammate and all those nasty examples of Konerko bashing his fellow White Sox with reckless abandon. As noted in the original thread, I agree with Konerko's position on this vote:
There are a couple of guys on that list that will probably edge me out. Honestly, I think that the All-Star thing should go to who deserves it the most. I thought Scotty deserved it of the guys that were on that list. I thought he really deserved to go to the game. I can't really say I deserve to win out of the rest of those guys.

He's a real Paulie-hater.
:rolleyes:

itsnotrequired
09-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Vote = cast. Paulie is the man.

mr_genius
09-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Except for the fact that Ozzie is not his teammate and all those nasty examples of Konerko bashing his fellow White Sox with reckless abandon.

I'm sure you have your finger on the pulse of the club house much better than ozzie.

:redneck

maurice
09-06-2005, 07:57 PM
I didn't say anything about "the pulse of the clubhouse." We'll find out what his teammates think when Konerko leaves town. You can deny Konerko's repeated teammate-bashing all you want, but his idiotic statements can be found all over in black-and-white. I'm sorry that the facts don't comport with your view of the great leader.

Even Ozzie previously acknowledged that lots of people in the organization warned him that Konerko was a clubhouse cancer. He also has laughably stated that Konerko is a good situational hitter and that Timo Perez is a good baseball player, so Ozzie's homerism apparently knows no bounds.

Daver
09-06-2005, 08:00 PM
so Ozzie's homerism apparently knows no bounds.

Neither does his stupidity, but that's a completely different topic.

:)

mr_genius
09-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Even Ozzie previously acknowledged that lots of people in the organization warned him that Konerko was a clubhouse cancer.

Ok, lets see a link. I'm callin BS on this

mr_genius
09-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Neither does his stupidity, but that's a completely different topic.

:)

?

stupid as in "baseball stupid, bad manager" or stupid as in "not good at math"

lol

HITMEN OF 77
09-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Bottom line, he's the best offensive player we have and above average on defense. (Please sign him KW!!) Cancer or not, we'll never know, we will be informed. The only thing certian is the Sox are 34 games over .500, going to win the AL Central by a landslide and more than likely win 100 games.

Daver
09-06-2005, 08:06 PM
?

stupid as in "baseball stupid, bad manager" or stupid as in "not good at math"

lol

Stupid as in lousy manager.

mr_genius
09-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Ozzie's homerism apparently knows no bounds.

so you really like crede (i think i remember you standing up for him a lot, i could be wrong i'm an idiot like ozzie :D:)

but you think ozzie and konerko are homers/suck

Well, your opinion is certainly a rare one in the real world of sox faithful. Nothin wrong with that.

maurice
09-07-2005, 10:54 AM
When did this thread devolve into a series of FOPK telling other posters what they think?

My views on Konerko (and Crede and Ozzie) have been expressed quite clearly in numerous threads. If you want further info on this (or previous comments by Ozzie and Paulie with links) look up the previous threads. WSI is a fantastic reference souce.

Here's a brief summary of my take on Konerko, cut-and-pasted from a current thread in a different forum:
I can't speak for anybody else, but my Konerko criticism actually is criticism of people who think the Sox should pay him > 10% of the team's salary for various bogus reasons. I'm on record as saying that I'd be very happy to keep him for less money but don't think it's realistic given the apparent market for HR hitters. If he's going to sign for something close to Sexson's deal (4 years / $50 mil.), I'd rather some other team be laden with that contract.
This is similar to my past criticisms of Ordonez. That was a rare criticism at the time, but there is wide agreement on this issue now.

Konerko's performance yesterday (especially his sac fly and RBI single through the right side with 2 strikes) was outstanding. Unfortunately, that sort of situational hitting is atypical for him, preventing him from being a truly great hitter worth a massive contract. It's clear that this opinion is shared by numerous hardcore Sox fans at WSI, including many of the moderators. I guess we're not "real Sox faithful."

AZChiSoxFan
09-07-2005, 12:24 PM
I signed onto WSI this morning, and I'm so shocked to see two more anti PK threads.