PDA

View Full Version : A New Pierzynski

Ol' No. 2
09-06-2005, 05:03 PM
From Scott Reifort's blog:
Word is that the Pierzynski's welcomed a little girl into their family last night. All is well.Congrats to AJ and his wife Lisa.

:happybday

Joosh
09-06-2005, 05:06 PM
I wonder if they'll be taking the media's suggestion of the name Alexis Cancer Pierzynski.

Congrats to him and his wife.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Dobze Dobze Dobze

Ol' No. 2
09-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Dobze Dobze DobzeThat's no name for a little girl.:tongue:

JohnBasedowYoda
09-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Dobze Dobze Dobze

It's dobrze! dobrze! dobrze!

don't spell polish after moose skowron's pronunciation

and congrats aj!

MarySwiss
09-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Awwwww!

Congrats to AJ and Mrs. AJ. This one's for

you. :gulp:

SouthSide_HitMen
09-06-2005, 05:15 PM
I was in Vegas last year when another Polish Major League Player (and Oak Lawn born & bred) Rob Mackowiak played his first games after his wife gave birth before a doubleheader. Rob belted two home runs - both game winners against the cubs to sweep them. Hope AJ comes back just as motivated tonight.

Unregistered
09-06-2005, 05:17 PM
I was in Vegas last year when another Polish Major League Player (and Oak Lawn born & bred) Rob Mackowiak played his first games after his wife gave birth before a doubleheader. Rob belted two home runs - both game winners against the cubs to sweep them. Hope AJ comes back just as motivated tonight.He's not playing tonight - I think he's still home with his family. Maybe Widger will homer twice in his honor! :tongue:

SouthSide_HitMen
09-06-2005, 05:23 PM
It's dobrze! dobrze! dobrze!

don't spell polish after moose skowron's pronunciation

and congrats aj!

Dziekuje

I can speak polish a little - I can read / write Polish barely.

JohnBasedowYoda
09-06-2005, 05:27 PM
Dziekuje

I can speak polish a little - I can read / write Polish barely.

I took a short course at moraine valley. It's not that hard of a language but i'm bad at memorizing and have little practical use for it.

Though the other day a very beautiful polish girl came in to our store and i was kicking myself because i forgot how to say even some of the basic greetings.

MarySwiss
09-06-2005, 05:57 PM
I took a short course at moraine valley. It's not that hard of a language but i'm bad at memorizing and have little practical use for it.

Though the other day a very beautiful polish girl came in to our store and i was kicking myself because i forgot how to say even some of the basic greetings.

You mean like "ja cie kocham" (NB: According to Mr. MarySwiss, that means "I love you.")

Chips
09-06-2005, 06:20 PM
I believe good morning is dobryrano. The Polish guys who come in the shop usually say it to me in the morning. Its one of the few phrases I can remember, I took French in high school and grammar school, not much use for it.

chisox117
09-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Congratulations A.J.! Wszystkiego najlepszego! :gulp:

duke of dorwood
09-06-2005, 08:21 PM
Now lets extend his contract as a baby present

LongLiveFisk
09-06-2005, 08:41 PM
Congratulations, A.J.! :bandance:

Optipessimism
09-06-2005, 08:47 PM
Poor babysitter!

I can see it already: New baby hits her head on side of table, Nanny asks if it hurts, new baby kicks Nanny in genitals.

itsnotrequired
09-06-2005, 08:47 PM
Congrats!

santo=dorf
09-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Is it true that she kicked the Doctor in the groin after he spanked her butt?

Congrats AJ!

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Congratulations A.J!:cheers:

Ol' No. 2
09-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Poor babysitter!

I can see it already: New baby hits her head on side of table, Nanny asks if it hurts, new baby kicks Nanny in genitals.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ooooooooo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!

soxjim
09-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Congratulations AJ:bandance:

mrs. hendu
09-06-2005, 10:37 PM
I believe good morning is dobryrano. The Polish guys who come in the shop usually say it to me in the morning. Its one of the few phrases I can remember, I took French in high school and grammar school, not much use for it.

Actually, it's "dzień dobry" for good morning and good afternoon. But you're right - rano means morning, it's just there's no such phrase as "dobryrano".

I'm shocked someone actually said Polish is easy. Have you gotten to the endings and 7 cases yet? :cool:

Congrats to the AJ's!

doublem23
09-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Hopefully this is more incentive for A.J. to settle down in little ol' Chicago. I wouldn't mind having #12 around for a while.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_150229.jpg
I'm the man.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-07-2005, 12:50 AM

Move to / visit the Northwest Side of Chicago - In some areas people speak Polish - no English in many stores / bars.

davenicholson
09-07-2005, 08:12 AM
Move to / visit the Northwest Side of Chicago - In some areas people speak Polish - no English in many stores / bars.
Or stop by Bobak's in Naperville. When I see a Piękna kobieta, I toss out a couple of the rare words I know in Polish, and suddenly I'm Brad Pitt. If only I had kept some of my football jerseys with my last name on them...:redneck

MsSoxVixen22
09-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Congrats to A.J and his wife! :gulp: :)

Hangar18
09-07-2005, 09:37 AM
I went to the Taste of Polonia on Sunday. It was jam packed and I would
say 90% of the people there were of Polish descent/speaking ........man, after
only 1/2 hour, I thought I was in the old country !!!!!! I ordered some
of the potato pancakes and practiced my Polish by ordering an Okocim (mmmm
excellent beer by the way) I made my over to a band playing, very rockin'
girl singer (Patriz Malgorska?). They apparently are very very popular back
in the old country according to some, they had a huge crowd there. I dug
the sound, though all the lyrics were in Polish. The girl and other guy singer would have some banter with the crowd in Polish it was pretty funny trying to imagine what they were saying. The one guy singer, kept checking out my tshirt, which was my black SOX tshirt of course. It said "Chicago" in script and had the SOX logo on the front. Really cool shirt, (thats why I wore it)

Anyway, the crowd was really getting into this band, and they were very much enjoying the fact they were in Chicago, and I could hear them praising the city and the fans there, and the crowd would cheer. The one guy pointed at my shirt and said Chicago to the crowd, and at that moment, figured why not give the guy my shirt. So i motioned him over, and I asked him if he liked my shirt, in very broken english, he said Yes, it was very cool. I said hey man, I'll give it to you .......just trade me your shirt.
He was very surprised, but very willing to trade me for a piece of American culture. So we traded shirts, and I asked him if he knew this was a baseball team here in Chicago, he said he knew the logo, and liked it, I told him we were in 1st place and very very good in our league, he said that
was very cool. SO he bends down, changes into the shirt on the stage there, the girl singer wondering whats taking him so long, and when he stood up, the crowd Cheered wildly ........and he again mentioned something
in Polish praising Chicago and their fans. Pretty cool. Hope he starts a
Sox Army with a bunch of people in Warsaw heh heh.

flo-B-flo
09-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Hopefully this is more incentive for A.J. to settle down in little ol' Chicago. I wouldn't mind having #12 around for a while.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_150229.jpg
I'm the man. I beleive he is the team MVP. Condgrats to AJ on the little joy.:smile:

mrs. hendu
09-07-2005, 02:10 PM
the sound, though all the lyrics were in Polish. The girl and other guy singer would have some banter with the crowd in Polish it was pretty funny trying to imagine what they were saying. The one guy singer, kept checking out my tshirt, which was my black SOX tshirt of course. It said "Chicago" in script and had the SOX logo on the front. Really cool shirt, (thats why I wore it)

Anyway, the crowd was really getting into this band, and they were very much enjoying the fact they were in Chicago, and I could hear them praising the city and the fans there, and the crowd would cheer. The one guy pointed at my shirt and said Chicago to the crowd, and at that moment, figured why not give the guy my shirt. So i motioned him over, and I asked him if he liked my shirt, in very broken english, he said Yes, it was very cool. I said hey man, I'll give it to you .......just trade me your shirt.
He was very surprised, but very willing to trade me for a piece of American culture. So we traded shirts, and I asked him if he knew this was a baseball team here in Chicago, he said he knew the logo, and liked it, I told him we were in 1st place and very very good in our league, he said that
was very cool. SO he bends down, changes into the shirt on the stage there, the girl singer wondering whats taking him so long, and when he stood up, the crowd Cheered wildly ........and he again mentioned something

Hey, I was at the fest too (good food, beer too, but I prefer Zywiec :D ). Anyway, I saw a Polish dude wearing a Sox shirt (he worked on one of the carnival stands) and a bunch of Sox (and a few Flubs) fans here and there. I wonder why there were stands with Mexican food - it was the Taste of Polonia, right? :rolleyes:

Patrycja Markowska is not a band, but a solo singer. :smile: I'm not sure how popular she is in Poland, but her dad is the lead singer of one of Poland's cult bands called Perfect.

I actually enjoed some of the hip hop bands (yes, hip hop is global).

I got a pretty cool top that says "Polish princess" and Hendu got "Polish - by marriage only". :D:

BTW I'm spreading the Sox word in Krakow, Poland whenever I'm there. Pretty much all my family and friends know who the Chicago White Sox are. :bandance:

SOXSINCE'70
09-07-2005, 07:12 PM
I read in the Cub-Une that the baby's name is Ava Jordan,
making her first 2 initials AJ.Okay,Juan has a son named Juanny,
Ozzie has a son named Ozney,and now AJ has a daughter with
his initials.Who says baseball players aren't superstitious??:D:

CONGRATS,AJ!!:gulp: :gulp:

davenicholson
09-08-2005, 08:24 AM

Jak sie masz, Hangar? That's a cool story--I wonder if you'll now be famous in the Motherland? Sounds like Taste of Polonia was a blast!