PDA

View Full Version : Start the Young Guys!

Jenks4Pres
09-06-2005, 04:09 PM
I think Ozzie should start Anderson and Borchard tonight. It would give the prospects some valuable big league experience (and probably confidence with Lima pitching). It would also give Scotty P some valuable rest. It doesn't look like he's 100% yet.

Just so we're clear, I still think Borchard sux! But who knows maybe the 2005 White Sox magic could turn his luck around?

voodoochile
09-06-2005, 04:19 PM
um... no...

Time enough to rest Scotty after the division is clinched.

soxwon
09-06-2005, 04:30 PM
I think so- Let the Ryan Sweeney era begin tonight!!!!

Borchard-Sweeney-Anderson outfield

Let's Do it!!!!

bennyw41
09-06-2005, 04:30 PM
I think Ozzie should start Anderson and Borchard tonight. It would give the prospects some valuable big league experience (and probably confidence with Lima pitching). It would also give Scotty P some valuable rest. It doesn't look like he's 100% yet.

Just so we're clear, I still think Borchard sux! But who knows maybe the 2005 White Sox magic could turn his luck around?

"Scotty P" got time, 15 days on the DL, if he isn't healthy, he shouldn't be playing. IMO, he should start every game until we clinch.

Rocky Soprano
09-06-2005, 04:48 PM
I think so- Let the Ryan Sweeney era begin tonight!!!!

Borchard-Sweeney-Anderson outfield

Let's Do it!!!!

Was Sweeney called up?

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-06-2005, 04:48 PM
In my opinion we shouldn't regularly play the young guys until we clinch the division, which will hopefully happen a while before the playoffs begin. Unless some player is really in need of a rest, I think they should be playing, because the quicker we clinch the division the more time they'll have to rest. Plus even if we start these guys now, it's not like it's going to help them get experience for the playoffs. With a 25 man playoff roster the guys like borchard, Anderson, and Sweeny will be left off the roster anyway. Sure if Pods is in real need of a break, rest him, but if not keep him in and legthen that stolen base title away from Figgins.

kevingrt
09-06-2005, 04:51 PM

Borchard has had plenty of experience already in a Sox uniform and I think this will be his last month in it. Anderson is a quality prospect but I would rather clinch the division and then worry about resting guys. The magic number is what like 17. Lets worry about game-by-game and then we can worry about the playoffs.

eriqjaffe
09-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Was Sweeney called up?Nope.

Rocky Soprano
09-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Nope.

Didn't think so. Was surprised at the post asking for Sweeney to play.

Daver
09-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Was Sweeney called up?

They could let the batboy play center and tape the name Sweeney on his back.

Mr. White Sox
09-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Was Sweeney called up?

ehhh...no.

Tonight's lineup:

Podsednik LF
Iguchi 2B
Everett DH
Konerko 1B
Rowand CF
Dye RF
Uribe SS
Widger C
Ozuna 3B

Ol' No. 2
09-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Scotty will get one or maybe two days off a week, mostly against LHP. The other starters will also get a rest once in a while. That's fine. But it took almost a whole month to get this thing hitting on all cylinders again. Let's not screw it up by sitting guys for extended periods.

soxwon
09-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Nope.

i thought i read he was called up, sorry.

JohnBasedowYoda
09-06-2005, 05:33 PM
borchard = yuck

Jjav829
09-06-2005, 05:35 PM

It's not a bad idea. I'm more in favor of resting players now so that they are rolling in the final week of the season, rather than benching guys in the last week and possibly taking them out of a rhythm that could carry over into the playoffs. I'd rather risk a guy going cold because he sits now, with a month left for him to get hot again, instead of doing the same a week before the playoffs.

09-06-2005, 05:42 PM
NO WAY!! I'd be a hypercrite if I said different because I was really vocal last week about Ozzie starting the 4 horsemen against Texas with El Duque on the mound...so keep playing the starters until the magic number becomes 0 or damn close to it. The reserves can play the last week all they want

TaylorStSox
09-06-2005, 05:57 PM
I really hope that LTP has a good year for whatever team he ends up with. I'd just like to see all the guys that constantly bash him eat some crow.

A. Cavatica
09-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Tonight's lineup:

Christensen cf
Hummel 2b
Borchard rf
Liefer 1b
Abbott dh
Timo lf
Snopek 3b
Paul c
Caruso ss