PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the A's!

bruce1
09-06-2005, 03:33 PM
For the playoffs..........I want to see the Sox beat the A's..... BAD!
It's time for getting rid of the jinx!

Bring em on!:smile:

Bruce

BRDSR
09-06-2005, 03:41 PM
I want to see the Sox beat the A's..... BAD!
It's time for get the jinx off!

Bring em on!:smile:

Bruce

Ummm...the Sox open a series with the Royals tonight. In fact, they don't play the Athletics again this season. If you're talking about a possible playoff matchup...it's not looking real likely at this point.

HITMEN OF 77
09-06-2005, 03:48 PM
If you're talking about a possible playoff matchup...it's not looking real likely at this point.

I think we can be thankful for that.

bruce1
09-06-2005, 05:33 PM
I was talking on the playoffs...........

I thought they would meet again... am I wrong?

advise

Ol' No. 2
09-06-2005, 05:35 PM

adviseOther people might disagree, but I don't think the A's are going to make it.

voodoochile
09-06-2005, 05:36 PM

advise

Sorry, but the team currently in KC is called the Royals, though you are coorect, they used to be called the Athletics (A's).

Only way the Sox play the OAKLAND A's again is if the A's make the playoffs and either get the WC (Yankees are on fire) or beat out the Angels and make the second round (beat the Red Sox or Yankees in the first round). Not looking real good right now...

:wink:

Ron Karkovice
09-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Other people might disagree, but I don't think the A's are going to make it.

they are catching the injury bug at this point in the season... I'm grateful:redneck

RKMeibalane
09-06-2005, 08:06 PM
I don't want the Sox anywhere near Oakland until 2006.

gobears1987
09-06-2005, 08:08 PM
I don't want the Sox anywhere near Oakland until 2006.amen, besides I don't want the fricken FOBBs running around here screaming how great their false idol is. If the A's make it, we will have to put up with Jeremyb1 for a month of complaining about how bad the Freddy Garcia deal was and why Billy Beane wouldn't screw it up like Kenny. Who wants that?

Daver
09-06-2005, 08:10 PM
If the A's make it, we will have to put up with Jeremyb1 for a month of complaining about how bad the Freddy Garcia deal was and why Billy Beane wouldn't screw it up like Kenny. Who wants that?

That has no chance of happening.

:redneck

LongLiveFisk
09-06-2005, 09:04 PM
I don't want the Sox anywhere near Oakland until 2006.

I agree. Somehow I think the Sox winning the WS would NOT be spoiled by a missed opportunity to get even with the A's in the playoffs! :smile:

bruce1
09-07-2005, 11:35 AM
I agree. Somehow I think the Sox winning the WS would NOT be spoiled by a missed opportunity to get even with the A's in the playoffs! :smile:

I feel that if they should meet these guys head on, it would be good for them.
They cannot hide in the closet forever..... just do it I say!
The heck with em.

Bruce

CHISOXFAN13
09-07-2005, 11:50 AM
I feel that if they should meet these guys head on, it would be good for them.
They cannot hide in the closet forever..... just do it I say!
The heck with em.

Bruce

Only problem with your scenario is the A's aren't holding up their end of the deal.

They picked the wrong time to suck against bad teams.

TDog
09-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Could you imagine the doom and gloom directed toward the Sox in the media if the A's came into Chicago in October as the wild card? It was bad enough five years ago when the AP did a story before the playoffs about how no one cared about the Sox and everyone expected them to lose before facing Seattle.

Beating the A's to get to the ALCS or World Series would be sweet, though.

SOXfnNlansing
09-07-2005, 06:13 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2005_09_07_seamlb_oakmlb_1