PDA

View Full Version : 2006 free agent list ?

White Sox Randy
09-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a list of potential free agents for 2006 ? Thanks.

mikehuff
09-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Here's one

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55864&highlight=2006+free+agents

Flight #24
09-06-2005, 04:15 PM
They keep a pretty good one at www.mlb4u.com (http://www.mlb4u.com), along with good salary info per team.

In general, it's an underwhelming bunch. Konerko is arguably the best available hitter, and with no knock meant to Paulie, that doesn't compare to the past few years.

Hitmen77
09-06-2005, 04:21 PM
I heard that half of the players on this list would take a pay cut to play for the Cubs.

White Sox Randy
09-06-2005, 04:39 PM
You're right. There is not much out there.

I'm thinking that maybe they should let Konerko go and use Gload at 1B.

Then, sign Nomar as a backup to Uribe and Crede, also DH.

Then, trade for Griffey. We could spare Contreras and a couple of prospects.

We improve our offense and maybe the Sox even get some notice in the press and draw more with Griffey and Nomar.

I don't like aquiring injury prone guys but Nomar should be cheap and probably wants to stay in Chicago since he's building a home here and the flubs don't want him. As long as we're not counting on him by unloading Crede or Uribe, I think we're fine. The Sox could get lucky and he has a big year.

As for Griffey, we know that if he is healthy, he is still great. There is no other FA bat out there like that and he plays good defense.

DumpJerry
09-06-2005, 04:57 PM
I heard that half of the players on this list would take a pay cut to play for the Cubs.

It's true. They want to be able to watch television during the games without upsetting the manager.

Ok Randy, put down the
:bong: and :bluerock
and remember why the Red Sox gave him up for nothing to the Flubs and how many days he's missed to injury this year and last.....

hold2dibber
09-06-2005, 04:58 PM
You're right. There is not much out there.

I'm thinking that maybe they should let Konerko go and use Gload at 1B.

Then, trade for Griffey. We could spare Contreras and a couple of prospects.

We improve our offense and maybe the Sox even get some notice in the press and draw more with Griffey and Nomar.

I don't like aquiring injury prone guys but Nomar should be cheap and probably wants to stay in Chicago since he's building a home here and the flubs don't want him. As long as we're not counting on him by unloading Crede or Uribe, I think we're fine. The Sox could get lucky and he has a big year.

As for Griffey, we know that if he is healthy, he is still great. There is no other FA bat out there like that and he plays good defense.

Not a bad plan - I assume you'd also foresee letting Everett walk (not sure we need him with Griffey around) as part of this scenario. Also, as much as Nomar's stock has dropped over the last few years, with the weak FA class I'm certain he'll have enough leverage to insist upon a promise of starting for the team that signs him. No way he comes here to sit behind Crede and Uribe.

Jerome
09-06-2005, 05:09 PM
I would be thrilled with Nomar if he can stay healthy. Absolutely thrilled. Uribe could move to 3B (or maybe Nomar could, IDK). Uribe is solid at D no matter where he plays, and Nomar (again, IF healthy) would be one of the best hitters on the team already.

White Sox Randy
09-06-2005, 05:11 PM
I see the objections to Nomar. But, I doubt that he gets anyone to promise him a starting job. When I suggest the Sox look into signing him....I'm thinking that they tell him he has a chance to start at 3b or DH. And, the guaranteed money is maybe 2 mil. with incentives for one year.

I would be shocked if he gets offered much more than that. If he does, then the Sox should leave it alone.

chaerulez
09-06-2005, 08:20 PM
I see the objections to Nomar. But, I doubt that he gets anyone to promise him a starting job. When I suggest the Sox look into signing him....I'm thinking that they tell him he has a chance to start at 3b or DH. And, the guaranteed money is maybe 2 mil. with incentives for one year.

I would be shocked if he gets offered much more than that. If he does, then the Sox should leave it alone.

1) Nomar isn't going to agree to a 2 million dollar contract. He will demand at least 4-5, especially with how he is finishing the season.

2) Even if he were to accept a 2 million dollar contract, he wouldn't accept a BACKUP role.

johnny bench
09-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Let's put a hold on discussing Nomar's future until he is able to get through the rest of this season without another major injury. He still isn't healthy right now so he must be careful, but at the same time he also needs to play well and play hard during September in order to convince some team to take a flyer on him next year. He is in a very tough spot.

JB

BigHurtRules
09-10-2005, 09:35 AM
I would be thrilled with Nomar if he can stay healthy. Absolutely thrilled. Uribe could move to 3B (or maybe Nomar could, IDK). Uribe is solid at D no matter where he plays, and Nomar (again, IF healthy) would be one of the best hitters on the team already.

That's a big IF. Besides, I thought he didn't want to play for the White Sox.

TomBradley72
09-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Nomar: Roy Smalley for a New Century.

Waste of time and money.

HotelWhiteSox
09-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Bill Mueller and Billy Wagner are innnterresstinnggg

SOXSINCE'70
09-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Bill Mueller and Billy Wagner are innnterresstinnggg

But,I would imagine (I may be wrong) that the Phils will do their
damndest to resign Wagner.Bill Mueller might be a good back up,
but he's still too ouchy for me.

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-11-2005, 08:52 AM
I'll be happy if we just find a way to get rid of Timo

Stroker Ace
09-11-2005, 02:15 PM
I feel that we need to take A.J. off of that FA list.