PDA

View Full Version : Ben Mallard of FOX radio: "I guarantee Sox won't win in the playoffs"

Bisco Stu
09-06-2005, 03:03 AM
He said the Sox could go undefeated the rest of the reg season and they're still not advancing in the playoffs.

That seems to be the mainstream line on us. Can't wait until the Sox shove the "experts" opinions down their throats.

Has anyone picked us to win the pennant? Not that it matters, but I'd want to acknowledge someone if they actually looked at it rationally and saw the Sox are the most dangerous team in the playoffs with our pitching and ability to manufacture runs in low scoring games.

PeteWard
09-06-2005, 03:19 AM
He said the Sox could go undefeated the rest of the reg season and they're still not advancing in the playoffs.

That seems to be the mainstream line on us. Can't wait until the Sox shove the "experts" opinions down their throats.

Has anyone picked us to win the pennant? Not that it matters, but I'd want to acknowledge someone if they actually looked at it rationally and saw the Sox are the most dangerous team in the playoffs with our pitching and ability to manufacture runs in low scoring games.

Well it doesn't matter, so I'll rant a while....:wink:

Morrisey of the CT has been pretty positive, even during Black August, but I don't know if he said the Sox would take the pennant. Tim McCarver maybe? There was a thread here that I glanced at, but again, I don't know if he said pennant. Other than John Kass and Richard Roeper, who are not sportswriters and are famous homers (not that there is anything wrong with that) it's all NY and Bos. Shocking! Actually the Halos, As and Injuns are getting pretty much the same respect as the Sox. But given our guys' record, you would think ONE national guy would go out on a limb and say we have a chance.

Anyway,it's Fox you are talking about here, the same company of Murdoch, Hannity and O'Falafel, so I would give it as much thought as these guys give to their output.

Banix12
09-06-2005, 03:23 AM
I guarantee that 99.9% of the country doesn't know who Ben Mallard is or cares what he thinks.

kittle42
09-06-2005, 05:14 AM
Ben *Mallard*?

:hawk
"I love that duck."

davenicholson
09-06-2005, 08:16 AM
I guarantee that 99.9% of the country doesn't know who Ben Mallard is or cares what he thinks.
I never heard of the guy either, so I did the usual and Googled him. Below is what I found. Do I have the right guy?

http://homestudy.ihea.com/wildlifeID/mallard.jpg

TommyJohn
09-06-2005, 08:29 AM
*sigh* Of course they won't win at all. It's our punishment for the way we
(and by that I mean everyone of us) disgraced baseball back in 1919!! Must
the great intellects of the world teach you stupid people everything?

Mr. White Sox
09-06-2005, 08:55 AM
I never heard of the guy either, so I did the usual and Googled him. Below is what I found. Do I have the right guy?

http://homestudy.ihea.com/wildlifeID/mallard.jpg

lol, beat me to it.

HebrewHammer
09-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Is it just me or has everyone who has bet against the White Sox been wrong this year? We had Steve Phillips predict a 70 win season, Jeff Brantley telling us to look to Minnesota, Dark Clouds jumping off buildings when we had a 7 game losing streak and now this clown.

Ben Who? What Mallard? Guarantee? 5 bucks says this guy has seen the Red Sox repeating.

The Dude
09-06-2005, 09:42 AM

Peter: Well, I'm gettin' something really special too. And by special I don't mean special like that Kleinaman boy down the street. More special like... like Special K, the cereal. Hey, what do they do with the regular K? And for that matter, what ever happend to K. Ballard? You know, if you said mallard and you had a cold, it would sound like ballard.
Brian: Do you listen to yourself when you talk?
Peter: I drift in and out.

santo=dorf
09-06-2005, 09:59 AM

I'm pretty sure it's Ben Maller, a fat slob who works for Fox Sports.

longshot7
09-06-2005, 10:56 AM

Yeah, it's Maller - and he is the WORST. He used to be on local radio here and say the stupidest stuff over and over. I wouldn't care who he thought would perform in the playoffs - he has no credibility.

Bisco Stu
09-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Ooops, Maller. Sorry, I've only heard the name.

Over By There
09-06-2005, 11:41 AM
As has been mentioned in other threads, popular opinion amongst the "experts" seems to be turning back against the Sox lately. It doesn't bother me - we had a great first half of the year when everyone said we couldn't win. I say keep letting the talking heads doubt the Sox.

LuvSox
09-06-2005, 12:09 PM
Big ol' Ben would absolutely guarantee a Sox pennant if he would come here and eat at the Cell. He'd be happy as pie if he could feed his fat face on our outstanding cuisine.

miker
09-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Shoot, I didn't even know Fox had a syndicated radio network. They, and their silly opinions are way off my radar.

Banix12
09-06-2005, 03:07 PM

Still never heard of him and I still bet at least 99% of the country couldn't care less about him